Anniversaries and Promises

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started after they began promoting for ‘Wolf’ and ‘XOXO’ as EXO and not EXO-M. Yifan, as one of the leaders, was invited to parties with Junmyeon whenever they had a free night, while the rest were just at their dorms.

“Yifan! Where are you going?” Yixing called out from their kitchen.

“I’m going out.” Yifan said as he walked towards the kitchen. “Jessica sunbae invited Junmyeon and me to this party.”

“Party?” Yixing looked surprised as he looked at Yifan with furrowed eyebrows. “That’s awfully casual for a party.”

“Yeah, they told me it’s very informal.” Yifan walked closer to Yixing and rested his head on Yixing’s shoulder. “I know you think I don’t remember.” Yifan said, as Yixing turned to face him. “But I do. And you are not allowed to go and inspect my room because I want to give it to. And also because I’ve kept Chanyeol as a guard.” Yixing let out a small giggle.

“Are you going to come back to eat?” Yixing said, stirring the soup Kyungsoo told him to keep a watch on. “Because if you are, come early because I don’t think I can save anything good, with all these hungry kids.”

“Yeah. I’ll come early.”

“Good.” Yixing said as he leaned in and kissed him.

“GROSS! Get a room!” Kyungsoo shouted out as he approached Yixing.

“See you.” Yixing said as Yifan walked out the door.

//

Yifan really wished he stayed home because without Junmyeon, he had no control in the amount of drinks he took in and before he knew, it was almost 2:00 a.m.

He was about to leave when he felt a hand grab his wrist,

“You’re already leaving?” Jessica slurred.

“What?” Yifan yelled atop the loud music.

“I said, are you leaving?” Jessica said close to his ear this time.

“Yeah. I told my friend I’ll go early so he’s probably expecting me.” Yifan said and began to walk again as he felt the hand grab his wrist and pull him close, before he knew he felt slightly wet lips on his own. He pulled away almost immediately.

“Sunbae-nim! I should really get going.” Yifan walked out before she could say anything else and the taxi couldn’t be driving slower.

He reached the dorm and opened it with the spare key everyone was supposed to carry when they were out late. He expected Yixing to be on the couch because that’s where he usually slept these days but was more than shocked when he found him, awake, in the dining are with his head resting on his hand and sleep in his eyes.

“Oh! You’re here!” Yixing said, rubbing his eyes.

“Yixing! I’m really sorry.” Yifan said. “Did you eat?”

“What? Yeah! I’m sorry, I was too hungry!” Yixing said,

“Oh. It’s okay! I ate too.”

“You ate?” Yixing asked, glancing at the food that was kept on the table. He stood up and started keeping the food on the table in the fridge. With his violent movements, Yifan knew that Yixing was something he never was, he was pissed to the core.

“I’ll just give it to the others in the morning. So it’s okay. I’m going to sleep.” Yixing said storming off before Yifan even had the chance to say anything. He tried opening the door to Minseok and Yixing’s room but it was locked. He thought of banging on the door but considering it was one of the days the manager hyung was sleeping in the dorm, he decided against it.

Yifan sat down on the couch and noticed Yixing’s blanket lying on one of the chairs. He thought this was one of the days he should sleep on the couch as he slid Yixing’s blanket over him.

//

Yifan woke up to someone sitting over him but he couldn’t be happier to find Yixing when he opened his eyes.

“And that’s what you get for making me wait up for you!” Yixing said with a dimple denting his right cheek. Yifan smiled as Yixing knelt down before him.

Yifan looked at his watch and was surprised to find out that only two hours had passed since he dosed off on the bed. “It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter