New Day

Defining Beauty [HIATUS]

 

 

III. NEW DAY

 

 

 

 

“Hello! Onew Hyung!”

“What the!? Kim Kai, is that you!? And don’t call me so familiarly!”

“Yes, it’s me! And I’ll call you whatever I want.”

“I’m hanging up.”

“No, no, wait a minute!”

“Actually, why do you still have my number? I thought you would have deleted it by now.”

“See? That’s how much I love your chicken~”

“… I’m hanging up.”

“No! Wait!”

“Well, what do you want!? One day you come waltzing in my shop and telling me you love the chicken here. The next day, you’re endorsing Jonghyun’s Chicken Eatery! Like, what the flippin’ eff, man!? I gave you my number, and we even talked about you advertising my shop, but I think it’s pretty clear whose chicken you really liked.”

“Look hyung, this isn’t about the chicken.”

“It’s all about the chicken!”

“Ok, so maybe it was about the chicken, but not anymore because I’m changing the topic. First of all, it was manager hyung who told me to endorse Jonghyun-ssi’s shop; so even though I did like your chicken better, I couldn’t really do anything about the fact that your shop was less popular to begin with while Jonghyun-ssi already had branches all over Seoul.”

“Hey… we were just starting out at the time.”

“Secondly, I need a place to stay. I’m actually taking an indefinite break without the consent of my manager. The media will probably cover my disappearance by tomorrow. Do you think you could please hide me?”

“Hmm... No, I don’t think so. I’m looking forward to the global tournament, and since you’re our best player you should be training.”

“But hyung, I’m really tired! I’ll be back for the tournament, but I need a breather until then.”

“And by ‘breather’ you mean ‘fool around until the last day’.”

“Exactly! You know me so well~ Also if you don’t take me in, I’ll make sure to during the global tournament.”

“And betray the whole of South Korea? You wouldn’t dare.”

“Hahaha. Try me.”

“…”

 

“Ok, fine. But during the tournament, I want a poster of you advertising my Chicken shop. Also, sign an autograph for my son Taemin because he’s a really big fan.”

“Thanks hyung! I knew I could count on you! I’ll be there by tomorrow evening.”

 

 

 

I wake up to the cold cement floor. How long has it been? Seven years, I think? I’ve lost count again. Time to search up some used newspaper; there are usually tons in the trash bins beside the benches. Mostly during Sundays, but I guess I could try my luck. Oh. Someone left me a milk carton, how nice. God bless that person.

 

Sip

Spit

Cough, cough

 

I guess he or she didn’t realize it was expired… oh well. Let’s go see what the dumpster has to offer today; and then maybe I’ll go sing at the school nearby this time. Singing here at the park is great and all, because a kid named Luhan always passes by and listens to me, then gives me a spare sandwich plus some of his allowance; but I don’t want to be so burdensome. He’s very kind, and I don’t want to take advantage of that, seeing that he’s the only one who listens to me.

He sort of reminds me of my friend Baekhyun. I wonder where he is and how he’s doing. I wonder if he still remembers me ever since we lost contact. I really miss the guy. So many things have changed since we last saw each other, but I never thought it would turn out this way. I guess it’s true what they say: “Life is like the spinning of a wheel; sometimes you’re at the top, and sometimes at the bottom.”

But anyways, enough of the pity party. It’s a brand new day, and I want to sing somewhere else for a change—see if Luhan’s not the only kind soul around. He’ll probably be shocked not to find me in my usual spot here in the park, but tomorrow I’ll make sure to tell him about my adventure at the nearby school.

Well, off we go!

 

 

 


Author's note: 

Fourth updaaate~~ :D The Life saying is actually a Filipino saying: "Ang buhay ay parang gulong; minsan ikaw ay nasa taas, minsan naman ay nasa ilalim." Yeeessss hahaha ^_^ Saying hi to the Pinays reading this! (If there are any :p) Comments are appreciated~ :D