Prologue

Defining Beauty [HIATUS]

 

 

PROLOGUE

 

 

“We have a guest everyone! Please welcome the one and only, Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

My eyes widened as I heard the announcement. Cho Kyuhyun? Really? Am I dreaming? A thunderous applause resounded within the room; I bit my lip in excitement and squealed like a school girl. An uproar of cheers followed as the man finally stepped inside. He came in confidently; head held high and a serene smile on his face. As he stood in front and saw all of us on the edge of our seats, he gave a hearty laugh. The whole class swooned; things just couldn’t get any better than this.

 

 

“Good morning everyone.” He greeted. “Thank you so much for taking this two-week workshop on photography, sponsored by the company I work for. I was very pleased by the gallery filled with your portfolios, and thought I’d congratulate you myself. I thought ‘wow, are these really works of kids?’ You guys are indeed impressive young geniuses, and you deserve to know that. Congratulations on completing the workshop, and I hoped everyone enjoyed and learned a lot!”

 

Applause ensued together with loud cheers.

 

“Ok wait, I’m not finished yet, you guys,” Kyuhyun laughed. “Now, here comes the exciting part.

You see, I will be holding an exhibition five months from now. After seeing your works, I considered having one of you be part of the gallery. If you are that lucky one, not only will your works be displayed alongside mine, but you will also be given a $1,000 cash prize, a new digital camera from Nikon, and a plane ticket to accompany me in my trip to Germany.

Does that sound fun to you guys?”

 

Fun? More like, super fun! The class was going bananas! I just couldn’t believe my own ears! Forget the cash prize and the camera; it would be a dream come true to have my photos next to Kyuhyun’s and to go on a trip with him. I might just faint thinking about it!

 

“Ok! So here’s the catch. You have two months to show me your talent.

The theme is ‘Defining Beauty’. Everyone knows that beauty is a relative term. What may be beautiful to you, may not be to someone else. So, to those interested, I want you to show me your own definition of beauty. Take pictures, and videos too if you’d like.

Compile them and be prepared to present yourself in my open forum two months from now. You must make me see the beauty in your photos; what makes yours showcase ‘beauty’ in a way that is truly and genuinely yours? So much that it can affect other people?

 

My open forum will be aired live on television, so make sure you have a good presentation, hahaha. Also, I may be nice, but I do take photography seriously; I may be a little difficult to impress. Nonetheless, I wish the participants the best of luck. Give it your best shot. 

I will pick the winner at the open forum. Fellow photographers Kim Heechul and Song Victoria will also be there to help me pick the lucky contestant. Registration forms are at the front desk.

Have fun everyone! And thanks once again for participating in this workshop!”

 

 


Author's note: 

Prologue is up! :D Sorry it's not that interesting yet, but hopefully things get better as the story goes by. Comment if you have the chance :)