Alice

Twisted

Zero’s POV
 
I was really annoyed with Alice and Ichigo. I looked at Emina-sama and her face looked pale. She noticed that I was looking at her. So, she turned her head to me. I lowered my head facing the ground.
                     
“What’s wrong?” she asked calmly.
 
“Er… nothing… Emina-sama,” I answered.
 
“ICHIGO, YOU BAKA! YOU CAN’T EVEN TOUCH ME!! YOU’RE WEAK!!!” Alice voice came across my ears.
 
My veins popped up as I shouted at her, “CAN’T YOU SHUT UP?!”
 
Alice glared at me and said, “I talk with MY MOUTH!”
 
“YOU ! EMINA-SAMA IS NOT FEELING WELL! AND YOU’RE MAKING THOSE DAMN NOISES!!!” I shouted at her, again.
 
“THE ONE WHO IS MAKING NOISES IN NOT ONLY ME! HE IS ALSO INCLUDED!”
 
“HEY! DON’T DRAG ME IN!” Ichigo yelled.
 
This led we three went into a fight.
 
“Stop it…”
 
Alice and I froze as soon as we heard that voice. We knew that the voice belonged to the lady of Tsukiyori, Emina-sama. We two slowly sat at the spot. Ichigo gave us a weird look and said, “What the hell are you guys doing?”
 
Alice made a look-at-the-atmosphere look. Ichigo got confused and said, “What is that lo –”
 
Before he could finish, Emina-sama’s crystal snow froze Ichigo’s mouth. A silence occurred as everyone stared at Emina-sama.
 
 
Alice’s POV
 
“Puuuu… AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” I laughed out loud. Tears were coming out of my eyes and I wiped them away. “I-Ichigo… y-your mouth… frozen… BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” Then, my mouth was froze as well.
 
Zero started laughing like crazy. An angry vein appeared on my head and I kicked his face. Zero flew to the other side of the room. “WHAT THE HELL?!” he yelled.
 
Since I couldn’t talk, I used my sword and fired a wave of black fire. Zero dodged… but the artificial tree behind him caught fire.
 
“Noooo!” Kisuke cried as he clutched his head. “My basement is going to be burnt and only ashes will remain!!!”
 
Emina froze the fire, but more appeared as I kept firing fires at Zero. Finally, Emina froze my arms and my sword fell from my hands. I sulked quietly and sat down on the spot.
 
 
Ichigo’s POV
 
“What a rare power,” I heard Rukia saying.
 
I looked at her and said, “What do you mean?” My mouth got ‘unfreeze’, by the way.
 
“That Alice and Zero are loud but their power is incredible,” she said.
 
“I can agree with Alice-san, but for Zero-san… we haven’t see his power yet,” Ishida said as he, Inoue and Chad came near us.
 
“Look at his silver gun. I can feel something strong with it,” Rukia said.
 
“And that beautiful girl named… Emina-san is strong…” Inoue said.
 
“They said that Emina has a weak body but…” Rukia trailed off.
 
“We all need to be careful,” Chad said.
 
“But they do not look like bad ones,” Inoue said. I nodded in agreement.
 
Rukia started, “But those two, Emina and Kaname, are quite different from the other two… their auras are different… even though Alice is not a full Pureblood, she’s already pretty strong. So this is the meaning of Pureblood…”
 
 
Alice’s POV
 
“I’ll unfreeze the both of you if you agree to stop fighting and shut up,” Emina said as she stood in front of us.
 
Zero and I nodded. The ice melted away and I sighed in relief. Zero just looked at me and kept quiet. He got up and walked away.
 
“I miss Yuki…” I cried as a dark cloud over me started raining. Everyone sweat-dropped.
 
“Don’t worry,” Kaname said softly. “We’ll rescue her soon.”
 
I cried a bit as I hugged him. Zero huffed out some air and put a hand on my head. Emina just kept quiet with a slightly sad face. I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling sleepy. Kaname noticed it and held my hand, leading me out of the basement.
 
“You’re tired, Alice,” Kaname said. “Let’s get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow.”
 
 
Emina’s POV
 
Kaname and Alice slept in one room and Zero and I slept in one room. (A/N: they sleep in different beds!)
 
I sat up and looked at the sleeping figure Zero, who was about a few centimeters away from me. I stood up slowly and went outside of the Urahara Shop. I could feel smooth wind passing my skin.
 
“You will catch a cold if you don’t stay warm,” I heard a voice which belonged to Kaname.
 
I turned around and gave a small smile at him. “I know… but I can’t sleep…” I said to him.
 
Then, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. He put his coat on me. “You can’t catch a cold… you are the only one who can stop the quarrels between Alice and Zero,” he said.
 
I laughed quietly. “So, you mean you can’t stop them? Alice always listen to you,” I said.
 
He smiled. “I know… don’t go to bed too late, okay?” he said and I nodded. Then, he walked back inside the house.
 
After a few minutes, “I think I should sleep now…”
 
 
Alice’s POV
 
A girl, with dark brown hair and black hues, stood in the doorway. A female servant of the Kuran family pushed the young girl towards Kaname and Yuki.
 
“Kaname-sama, Yuki-sama, this is the new one. Please excuse me, I should be going now,” the servant said and walked out of the room.
 
“How cute!” Yuki smiled as she patted the girl’s head. “Don’t you think so, Kaname-sama?”
 
Kaname smiled a bit. “Yes. What’s your name?” he asked softly.
 
“… Alice. I am the new bodyguard of the Kuran family. Nice to meet you, Kaname-sama, Yuki-sama,” the girl said in an emotionless voice.
 
Yuki looked a bit sad. “Another young child trained to be a merciless killing machine…” She closed her eyes. “What should we do, Kaname-sama?”
 
Kaname looked at Alice and kneeled down so that they were on the same eye-level. He stared into her dull golden eyes. “Do you have a family name? How about your parents?”
 
“My parents are dead. I am an orphan… I don’t remember my family name.”
 
“Then, how about…” Kaname took the young girl’s hands and smiled. “Kuran Alice.”


Sunlight shone onto my face. I fluttered my eyes open and yawned a bit. Kaname was still sleeping, just a few inches away from me. His hand was near me and our fingers were touching. I wondered if we had fallen asleep holding hands. That idea made me felt…
 
I stared at Kaname for a while. I reached out a hand and cleared away the bangs from his closed eye. He had an angelic and peaceful look on his face. I noticed that his coat was gone. I quickly covered him with my blanket and made sure that he was warm and snug.
 
“Alice?” Kaname opened his mahogany eyes.
 
“Ah, Kaname-sama! You’re awake. Actually, you should sleep more! You still look tired, Kaname-sama. I’ll go bring some breakfast and –”
 
“No, it’s okay,” Kaname said softly as he sat up. “Did you have a good night’s sleep?”
 
“Yes, Kaname-sama!” I replied cheerfully. Then, I noticed him looking at me with a slightly sad face. “W-What’s wrong, Kaname-sama?”
 
He shook his head and sighed. “You still call me ‘Kaname-sama’ even after all these years.”
 
“O-Of course! You’re the Head of the Vampire Society. And I’m just an ordinary vampire, even though you gave me some of your blood… that doesn’t really make me a Pureblood…”
 
Then, Kaname hugged me. “Alice, it doesn’t matter if you have Kuran blood or not. Being a Pureblood means being part of the Kuran family… and you are. You are an important person to me.”
 
“Kaname-sama… I…” I smiled a bit. “Yes, Kaname-sama.”