A New Beginning?

The Diva and the Princess

  Key never got a chance to give HeeChul the present he promised on Christmas. HeeChul had been kidnapped by his group members right after the program to go out drinking and since then, both of them had been so busy they could barely exchange texts, let alone anything else. Finally though, Key got his chance. Shinee's appearance on some show or another had gotten rescheduled, so he texted HeeChul. 

  "Sunbae, I finally got a break this evening. If you're free, can you come over?" A minute later, Key got a reply. "I should be done with Super Junior crap around nine. You're at your dorm, right?" Key replied "yes". "I'll see you around 9:30-10pm then Kibum."

  Key nervously paced. He had HeeChul's gift in his pocket, but he had a huge question to ask first, or possibly several of them. Onew had dragged JongHyun out for what else, chicken, as well as beer and girl watching, while Minho and Taemin were holed up in their room. Truthfully, he wished the "KeyChul Alarm" was gone, but since he'd cleaned the kitchen out of bananas, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream, Key was fairly certain he'd be too busy with his Banana Minho Sundae to be too much of a pain. He loved the maknae really, but his timing!

 Finally, the doorbell rang. There was HeeChul, in all his self-confident glory. "Hello Sunbae" Key said, even more nervous now. "Won't you come in?"he managed to say. The elder swept by him, settling himself on the couch.

  "So, where's my present, and why do you look so nervous hoobae?" HeeChul asked, obviously amused by Key's discomfort.

  "Um, it's just I have something I want to ask you and I have no idea how to start."

  "Well, if you're going to ask me to marry you, a nice ring and getting down on one knee is a good start." HeeChul joked.

  "Not yet" Key muttered under his breath.

  "What was that?"

  Key took a deep breath and just blurted it all out at once. "Sunbae, I really like you and I want to know if you'll go out with me and be my boyfriend and by the way I got us couple bracelets if you say yes or I'm sorry I'll just go crawl into a hole now. I'm sorry Sunbae." He turned, tears in his eyes and went to go slink off to his room. HeeChul grabbed his hand.

  "Look Kibum, you can't just confess to a girl, then apologize and run off without giving him a chance to answer. Did it occur to you I might feel the same way and say yes? I'm not the type of girl who s around just kissing anybody I'll have you know. Well, beyond fan service with my group mates anyway.  I thought you were annoying at first sure, but you're pretty sweet under all the divaness. So, I like you too. Yes, I would love to go out with you and and I would be honored to be your boyfriend. Let's see these bracelets you bought because I actually bought some too. I was planning on confessing tonight, but you got to it first. You don't have to apologize or crawl into a hole. I can think of a hole I'd like you in, but not tonight darling. I can hear Minho and the KeyChul alarm going at it, and I'd rather be alone for that sort of thing. Wow, they are rather vocal aren't they. And why don't you try calling me HeeChul instead of Sunbae from now on Kibum."

  Key blinked at this speech, then threw himself in his new boyfriend's arms and started peppering his face with kisses. HeeChul more than returned them. Somehow they managed to stop themselves long enough to get the jewelry out of their pockets. Key had bought a pair of simple silver bands, while HeeChul's were blue braided. They each slipped the bracelets onto the other. Next thing they knew, Key had laid HeeChul out on the couch and was on top of him, kissing him passionately. Somewhere along the way, their shirts disappeared. They were carefully exploring each other's chests inbetween kisses, not paying attention to anything else when Taemin appeared with his ever perfect timing, calling back to Minho about getting the painkillers and a wet washrag. His sudden squee of joy startled the couple apart and left them scrambling to cover up.

  "So, does this mean you two are officially official now? Key Hyung, have you proposed yet? Oh, love the KeyChul bracelets you two!" Taemin of course had instantly spotted their couple jewelry and decided as usual to blow things out of proportion.

  "Taemin, go back and Minho clean some more or something. My boyfriend and I haven't even gone on a proper date yet, so why would I be proposing? You were right, now go away. We're busy." Key sounded exasperated.

  "Oh ! Pain pills and a wash cloth!" Taemin ran off to the bathroom, cheerfully shouting "KEYCHUL LIVES" at the top of his lungs. Key leaned himself against his boyfriend.

  "Next time HeeChul, can we go to your dorm?"

  "Uh Uh, next time we go to a hotel and see how loud you can make me scream your name. I bet we get louder than 2min or Ryeowook and Eunhyuk."

  Key blushed and went back to kissing his princess, mind already thinking of how to plan the perfect first night.