The Airport Scene

Anime Moments

"You're telling me that Jiayi likes Tao?" Yixing asks as he sits down beside Meili at the airport. From her other side, Yifan snorts.

"Please that is old news." 

"Why does no one tell me these things," muses Yixing as he fixes his coat. 

"Tell you what?" Liyin joins them, carefully sitting beside Meili with her gigantic rug sack too big for her small frame.

"The epic love story of Jiayi and Taozi," says Meili while checking her ticket. Liyin rolls her eyes. 

"Old news." 

"Does everyone but me know?! Why don't you communicate stuff to me, Communicator," Yixing sends a playful glare and Meili responds by sticking out her tongue. Luhan returns from aimlessly wandering around and remarks upon the absence of the remaining members. 

True to their usual style, Song Qian, Tao and Jiayi walk in half an hour later than they are supposed to. Meili glares at them and covers her head with the hood of her bulky back jacket. 

"Yo gangsta~" Sings Tao behind her. Yixing and Luhan both laugh at her pout.

"She looks like a bouncer," says Luhan somewhere between wiping his tears and holding onto Yixing's shoulders. 

"Look, Prezzie looks like a businessman, and I'll be his bodyguard!" 

"My bodyguard will need a bodyguard," says Yixing very seriously.

"Please, you look less like his bodyguard and more like his truant son," scoffs Yifan, gently nudging Meili forward into the emigration counter. "Now stop pouting and get in line." 

"I'm a bouncer you know, I'll throw you out gege!" Meili hisses in protest at being treated like a child. To her favor, Tao, Liyin and Jiayi were younger but not like it made at difference to Yifan. 

Amidst the squabbling, it's a miracle they make it onto the plane at all. 

 

Song Qian and Liyin fall asleep as soon as they are seated. Yifan who had protests about not being able to sleep on a plane for an hour at the airport, with Tao joining in, falls asleep not much long after. It doesn't take long for Tao get bored of hogging the screen on the video Meili tries to take and falls asleep not much later than Yifan. Meili rolls her eyes. Luhan snorts beside her. 

"Typical," he whispers. Meili stifles a giggle. The cabin lights slowly dim, the only lights now emerging from the movie that plays on multiple screens which keep Meili and Luhan almost transfixed. 

"This is like one of those mind control things right…? We're going to march into battle with our dictator soon," Luhan mutters. Meili nods but before she has the chance to reply, the screens black out simultaneously and retract into the ceiling.

"So umm…. Horror movie much…?" Luhan laughs silently. 

"I think we're the only two awake on this flight," Meili says taking a peek around into the darkness, half expecting an axe murderer to take a swing at her through the darkness. A small cough sounds from behind. "And the prezzie, but he doesn't count." 

Luhan procures a pack of cards from his pocket which had been earlier handed to Tao along with a questionnaire by the flight attendant and everyone had been sure that he had a crush on him. 

"Should we wake the kid? He was pretty excited to play cards." 

Meili takes Luhan's advice and pokes Tao gingerly on the shoulder to which he responds with a "I'm awake, let's go" and turns his head to sleep again. 

"So… that's a no, then. Shuffle away Lulu." 

The light is so dim that Luan and Meili have to squint at their cards to read half a number. Occasionally Yixing takes an interest in the proceedings.

"So how many games is that now," Meili wraps the blanket around her and grins at Luhan who sighs.

"Four to zero for you." He begins shuffling. 

"So you're that bored— Uhh… Lulu..?" 

"What?" Luhan looks at Meili's suddenly scrunched up face. "What??"

"I think I saw lightening outside the window…." 

"You're kidding me…." 

"No look!" Luhan turns in time to catch the bright flash of orange and purple outside the window. "I think we're passing through a storm cloud— Uh Lu? What are you doing…?" Luhan sinks into his seat and grips the handle tight. "I hate to tell you but if we're going down, the seat handle is going down with us bro." 

"Also," Yixing's whisper sounds behind them, and Luhan looks even more unnerved, "this is a relatively young airlines, we don't even know if we'll make it to Korea in one piece." 

"Shut it you god awful people!" Luhan hisses and starts shuffling the deck in his hands furiously. Meili doesn't stop pointing out the constant flashes of lightening out to him. 

Six losses later, Luhan looks out the window as the grey-blue sky. 

"Should we exchange seats? The sun comes up soon, you'll be able to see it better." 

The sunrise is beautiful, with the sky slowly turning orange in the horizon. They never actually manage to see the sun, but the light breaking into a spectrum of reds and pinks and violets across their line of vision makes for a better sight.

I've never actually seen a sunrise before, it's nice to share it with someone, think Meili and then decides it's much to cheesy to say out loud. 

"Can I use your shoulder as a pillow prop?" She asks instead.

"Sleepy finally? Not much time left," says Luhan but gets comfortable in his seat and allows Meili to prop her pillow against his shoulders and catch a nap. As she slowly falls asleep, Meili wonders if it's like this to have brothers. 

 

An hour or so later, the groggy, and dazed group emerges from the plane onto the tarmac of the Seoul airport. Meili takes a moment to fix her bangs in the reflection from a nearby glass partition. 

"Fixing your hair for Jongin?" Yifan grins from behind his shades. Meili stifles a small smile. "Though…" 

"Though what?" She asks, wondering if she should push her hair back or keep the bangs as they are.

"You had long hair when he met you, so what if he doesn't like pixie-cut girls…?" Meili's eyes widen behind her glasses.

"You take that back you evil man!" She ribs him sharply in the stomach. Yifan laughs, barely hurt from her feeble blow. "Pft! If he doesn't like me, his loss! Pft!" Meili mutters in an attempt to regain her lost dignity. Yixing propels her forward by the handle of her backpack. 

"Okay, scan the crowd for your lover boy now," he says. Meili glares at him, ready to hit him with her gigantic suitcase but her heart thumps loudly as she looks carefully around the airport for any signs of Jongin's boyish smile. But amidst the sea of people rushing past her to greet others, she doesn't see him. 

"Hey! Thanks for coming," Yifan says beside her. Meili pivots, b over with excitement. 

There isn't any Jongin. 

Just Sehun. 

Just Oh Sehun…. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know a lot of characters seem pointless now, but they get important later trust me! ^^ 

Read and review as always please :3