Insecure

Lonely Musings

“He likes girls with pretty hands.”

“Hey, I like girls with pretty hands too.”

Her eyes fall upon her rather imperfect hands. Short fingers, cup-shaped nails and a messy, ugly trim do not qualify as pretty hands. Day by day, his popularity grows and his name is known all over the world. From Busan to Seoul, and lastly to the grounds of Hollywood, he will always be travelling, meeting new people, girls especially and one day for sure, he’ll leave her alone.

Insecurity wouldn’t have reigned in her fragile little heart if Daehyun isn’t so popular. No, it’s not that she hates his career, the one that brings him happiness. His smile, whether if it’s in real life or on the television screen will always make her heart flutter. It’s just that, she’s a normal Korean, not a hot diva like Goo Hara or a sassy dancer like Hyoyeon and he encounters these kinds of girls every single day, hour, minute, second.

She sighs, pulling the lid of her Vaio laptop down smoothly after watching B.A.P’s Killing Camp for the billionth time. Rolling over, she faces the blank ceiling. She doesn’t understand why she’s so sad when Daehyun has always been telling that he loves her, no matter what happens and one day, he promised to kneel on the ground, fiddle with his pockets for an exclusive pink box and when he reveals what’s inside, she’ll be speechless.

He promised.

But, promises can be broken.

A tear drop forms at a corner of her eye, trails down her temple and is lost within her caramel dyed hair.

“Jagi-ya..”

The sweet musical voice startles her and quickly, she rubs her already strained eyes. Concealing her crying, she voices, “Dae.. what are you doing here? Don’t you have packing to do? Tomorrow you’re off to Japan, right?”

“Can’t I stay here with you for tonight? I don’t want to regret the time I waste without you..”

He whines rather childishly before landing on the bed next to her. Silently, he engulfs her in one of his warm embraces and whispers next to her ear.

“Don’t cry. I’ll always be with you no matter what, and one day I’ll give you an exclusive pink box, your favourite colour, right?, and then you’ll be speechless when you see what’s inside.”

With her still in his arms, his fingers sneak over to her hands and entwines with her fingers. He voices with the precious voice TS owned, “Plus, I wouldn’t want to miss holding this beautiful hand of yours, would I?”

Why would mistrust have existed in her in the first place?

He’s perfect and she just has to trust him. She’s happy, very happy as she bumps her tear stained face onto Daehyun’s built chest and let happy tears soak his designer shirt. Daehyun, now relieved that his girlfriend has woken up to her senses, softly draws small circles on her back to stop her tears from falling.

So what if he arrives late at the airport tomorrow? As long as he has his girlfriend with him, he’s happy.