Dignity

Lonely Musings

Time was running low.

Lost in an abyss of desperation, the frustrated being sunk his knuckles deep into his own reflection. It shattered, some of its cracked pieces clanking to the floor. The trail of a crimson drop traced his fist in a sadistically beautiful way. The pain of a mere cut was nothing compared to his suffering.

How could this be? He wondered.

In deep silence, his analog watch ticked and the sound disturbed his inner feelings. If only he hadn’t poked his nose into this suicidal business, he wouldn’t have to worry about having his precious life lost.

The target was supposed to be a girl, a mere weak being to one man’s eyes but her strength was beyond expectation. With eyes of a hawk, nose of a k-9 and ears of a bat, she was undefeatable.

Never underestimate your enemy, they say but he was too high up in the sky to listen. The number one international assassin, Yoo Youngjae, lost an eye to that damn and officially lost the battle thus breaking the regulations of a mutual agreement.

Penalty? Death.

His body shriveled to the floor. The time limit given was only 24 hours and all that was left for unlucky him was only a short 4 hours. All hopes in life almost left him when..

“Is the Yoo Youngjae really going to let some bunch of amateur ers the life out of him?” A sudden voice lifted his head from the floor. He threw a bored gaze over to his best friend leaning against the door frame.

“You don’t know, Dae. I lost.. to a girl..” The whine escaped his lips without purpose. A chuckle erupted from his throat as he walked over to his depressed friend. Once near, he crouched next to him.

Without a single warning, a punch suddenly landed onto his cheek and Youngjae accidentally sliced his lips with his own teeth. Blood trickled off his chin and landed on Daehyun’s slacks.

“So what if you lost? You’re gonna let them kill you just because of some stupid contract?”

off the bloody trail, Youngjae then bit his lips, finally sensing the truth in his words. Of course, he was the assassin, no one else could beat him. Send in a whole armada of junior murderers, they won’t faze him.

Even Daehyun, that freeloading fattie, knew that, he should know better.