chap. 3

Candy Jar & Note Box

Weeks have passed. Tao successfully composed the song. In the end, Minseok and Chen found out about it and was thankful to all of them. They said they want to sing the song. Mr. Wu agreed since Chen is a good singer, he encouraged Luhan too. Mr. Wu told Tao that he too should sing with them. The younger said his voice is not that good so the Professor asked him to do the rap instead together with him and Minseok. Also, called another fourth year student, named Yixing.

Yixing will be the one playing the guitar for them, he's known as a music genius. So, it was Kris, LuHan, Minseok, Chen and the two students, Tao and Yixing. They'll be the ones to complete the song that Tao composed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are busy reviewing for he finals since they're not exempted like Tao. Everyday Chanyeol would go over at Baekhyun's so they can study together. They also asked Tao a lot of questions and the younger is more than glad to help.

The exchange of Candies and Notes never once stopped. Actually, Tao's inspiration is his secret admirer. He helped him writing the lyrics. They would always send each other possible lyrics to check which one is a Go and which one is a No Go. Tao's candy jar is half full already and he also bought another note box because the paper is already overflowing on the little one. The coffee candy that he's been giving his secret admirer is never leaving his bag too.

Today is the finals exam. Since he's exempted, Mr. Wu asked him to go to the faculty instead. The Professor asked him to take a cd from his desk and told him to bring it to the schools studio and ask the one in-charge to play it around the school, continuously. He did everything he was told to do and he was so surprised when Peter Pan plays. He stayed at the rooftop while listening to it. 2 more weeks before the graduation. He was wondering if he'll ever meet his gege~. He was dying to see him and talk to him in person. He wants to know how he looks like and how his voice sounds. Also, he wants to know if he's as cheesy  personally as he is while writing the pick up lines.

"ZiTao?" someone suddenly called him. He was so surprised that he even considered throwing the book he was holding to the direction where the voice came from. He turned around.

"Sir Wu." he bowed. The Professor walked to him as he greeted him too.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Wu asked.

"I. ..I'm listening to Peter pan." the older hums. "When did you finish editing it?"

"Last night. I didn't go to sleep so I can finish it." he smiled to the younger. "It's lunch break. Are you not going to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol?"

"I'll stay here. I'm sure they'll just whine about the test. I don't want to hear it." he said while laughing.

"Oh~ I see." the older laughed too.

"What about you sir? Why are you here?" he asked.

"Lunch. I usually eat here. Luhan won't shut up about his love life if I eat with him." he laughed again. "Even if he's the one cooking my lunch, I still don't want to hear anything about his love life."

"Oh~ he's cooking your lunch?"

"We're living together so yes. I can't really cook." he smiled as he open his lunch box that was full of food made by LuHan. "I can't really finish all of this. I already told him but. ..." he told himself then he looked at Tao. "You want to share it?"

". ..me? . .." Mr. Wu nods. ". ..I. ..Is it okay sir?" he asked shyly.

"Yes it is. But. ..I only have one chopstick so. .. just grab anything you like using your hand." he said then put the lunch box in the middle of them.

"What? B. .but.. .is it really okay sir? I mean. .."

"It's okay ZiTao." the older smiled to assured him.

What is the word 'embarrassing' to the word 'food'? There's no way Tao is going to say no to the food, he loves eating as much as he loves everything in the world. He excused himself as he pick some egg rolls from his Professor's lunch box. Mr. Wu keeps on eating too like he doesn't care that he's sharing his lunch with his own student. It makes Tao comfortable to eat, there's no awkwardness at all.

"How is it?" Mr. Wu asked.

"It's delicious. I can't believe Mr. Han cooked this." he smiled as he eat some side dish.

"I know right. I don't know where he learned how to cook." Tao looked at Mr. Wu as if asking him to tell a story about him and Mr. Han. "We've been best friends ever since we're young. He's always following me wherever I go so when I came here, he came here too."

"What about his lover? He left her in China?"

"Girlfriend?" Tao nods. "He never once had a girlfriend. Where'd you get that?" the older asked.

"Huh~? Then who's the girl on the gossips about Mr. Han?"

"Tell me about it." Mr. Wu smirked as if he's imagining to use it against Mr. Han later on.

"the girls in the class said someone was calling Mr. Han always. They say it was his girlfriend that he left in China?" Mr. Wu suddenly laughed so loud and Tao just watched him.

"That must be his grandmother. She loves Lu so much." Mr. Wu smiled at ZiTao.

"Oh~ I'll say that to Baekhyun. He was the one who told all that to me." the younger suddenly took out his phone out of his pocket. "Sir. Chanyeol is calling me? Can I answer it?"

"Oh~!! Go ahead." he kindly said.

"Hello? Chanyeol?"

"ZiTao! Where are you? We bought lunch! We bought your share too!"

"Uh~ I already ate. I'm full."

"What!??? Why didn't you wait for us? Where are you?" Baekhyun asked.

"Rooftop. .." Tao looked at Mr. Wu who doesn't seem to mind if his two best friends come to the roof top too. They're his student just like Tao after all. "Mr. Wu is here too."

"Ohohohoho~" Baekhyun teased. "And why is he there with you? Are you guys on a date?"

"What are you talking about Baekhyun?" Tao blushed at the idea. "I'll end the call now. Bye." he ended the call then took another egg roll from Mr. Wu's lunch box.

"You know. I'm still wondering how a quiet guy like you become friends with noisy person like Baekhyun and Chanyeol." the Professor looked at his eyes.

I. ..I'm not that quiet when you get to know me. I'm as noisy as them." he answered.

"Really?" Tao nodded. "You should open up to your classmates. I'm sure everyone would be happy to see your noisy side." the older smiled kindly.

Before Tao could say anything again, the door of the rooftop flew open. Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked to them with a grin pointed at Tao. They said hi to Mr. Wu and asked why are they on the rooftop together. The Professor kindly explained for Tao since the younger doesn't look comfortable by the question. The two guys sat beside Tao and they keep on nudging him to move closer to the Professor. Good thing the lunch box is between them so he cannot do it. Mr. Wu on the other side is just happily eating the food, he stopped talking when Baekhyun and Chanyeol came. Then after a little more while, he stood up.

"I'll leave you guys here." he smiled to them before he took steps.

"Wait! Mr. Wu!" Tao stopped the older who looked back at him. "You forgot your lunch box."

"There's still a lot of food. It'll be a waste if I throw that away. Eat it." he smiled again. "Just give me back the box later on the faculty.. ..and. ..don't let Lu see you with it. He'll kill me if he found out I shared the food with you. He's kind of. ..get jealous easily."

The 3 guys wondered what Mr. Wu is talking about. Why would Mr. Han get jealous over a lunch box? Baekhyun made up a lot of scenarios which doesn't sound very appealing to Tao. He stopped thinking about it and just finished the food. Chanyeol suddenly because he used the same chopsticks that Mr. Wu used earlier, he said it was an indirect kiss.

 

After lunch, his two best friend went back to the classroom because they have another set of test. Peter pan never once stopped playing, everyone likes the song, they even went to the faculty to get a copy of it. Tao is so proud of himself, he was wondering if his secret admirer is listening, he wants him to hear it and he was looking forward for the conversation they're going to start that day.

"2 weeks. I need to do my best so I can meet you before I graduate." Tao said determined.

After all the tests. When the room is already empty he sneaked there. His admirer already said that because the room gonna be used he won't be able to leave a note until afternoon. So, here he is now, sneaking in there to see if there are a piece of paper on the top of his table, checking if his favorite strawberry candy is there. ..but.. .there's nothing. He felt sad, he sat on his chair and looked at the window. He's thinking why there's nothing, he didn't go home because he was looking forward to it but.. .there's nothing in his table.

"Oh My God!!" Mr. Han suddenly entered the room. He put his hands on his chest and starts breathing hard. "You surprised me. What are you doing here ZiTao?" he asked.

"Mr. Han." he stood up and bowed to the Professor. "I'm sorry. I was just checking something. I'll go now." he said then he was suddenly bothered what Mr. Han is doing there too. "Uh~? Mr. Han? What about you? What're you doing here?"

"Uh. ..? I. ..I was going to check if . ..there are still students around.. .yeah." he said a little uncertain.

Tao is not convinced at all but he still bowed one last time and exited the room. Tao is so bothered so he didn't left. He just hides to the next classroom and waited for Mr. Han to leave. Something inside him is telling that there's something suspicious about Mr. Han. After a minute or so, Tao heard the sliding door open and closed again, he peeked a little to see if the Professor is gone. He saw him walking back to the faculty, it's on the other side of the hallway. Tao silently walked back to his classroom. He was so surprised to see the piece of paper and the usual candy on the top of his table. It was never there before Mr. Han came, he was sure.

"It's Mr. Han?" he asked himself as if he cannot believe that of all the people, it would be Mr. Han. A Professor.

He suddenly remembered that one time when they saw him too early in the morning inside the classroom. Then he remembered that his secret admirer is the one who recommended him to Mr. Wu to do the composing for the song. It's all coming back to him now and he's so not sure what to feel about all that so first of all, he checked what was written on the piece of paper.

 

"Hey~ ZiTao :D first of all. ..I want to congratulate you. Peter Pan is so cool. I already set it as my ringtone, my alarm tone and ring back tone. Your voice sound so good on the small raps too :D I'm glad I recommended you. I know you wouldn't dissapoint. . ..

Uhm~ Hey ZiTao. I know this is sudden but.. .I don't think I'll be able to write again. It's such a busy time and I have a LOT of things to do. I hope you understand. But!!!.. ..I promise you.

Oh no wait. Here's my new number (xxxxxxxxxxxx) please text me. I want to ask you something :D. The promise.. .Uhm~ since I already wrote it, I promise you that you'll receive your daily supply of candy later okay :D please forgive me ~

 

-//-

 

"ZiTao? What are you doing here so early? Didn't I tell you that you're exempted? You don't have to come you know." Mr. Wu said when Tao entered the faculty.

Tao looks terrible, the bags under his eyes are doubled and his hair is a mess. Mr. Wu looks so worried when he saw him, Tao felt touched at the worried stares Mr. Wu is giving him but he's more bothered about the fact that he cannot see Mr. Han inside the office. Last night, he didn't send any text to the number, he was scared to find out it was really Mr. Han.

Yes, he said to himself that if he met his secret admired he would surely say yes to him without the second doubt. He said he doesn't care no matter what the other party looks like but now.. . HE'S SO DAMN BOTHERED BECAUSE 1. MR. HAN IS A PROFESSOR. 2. MR. HAN IS SO CUTE AND TAO IS DEFINITELY A BOTTOM SO NO! HIS TOP CANNOT BE CUTE! 3. MR. HAN IS SMALLER THAN HIM! AND LAST AND THE MOST IMPORTANT! 4. HIS OTHER BEST FRIEND FROM ANOTHER SECTION, OH SEHUN~ IS IN-LOVE WITH MR. HAN!

Tao groaned again after thinking about all the complications that's in the air after finding out who his secret admirer is. He wanted to see Mr. Han today to get more clues or hints to see if he really really really really is his secret admirer.

"Mr. Wu? Is Mr. Han here?" he asked politely.

"Lu? He's not here. He's not coming today because his grandmother is going to come from China. Why? Do you need something from him?"

"Ah.. .no. ..I wa.. ." the candy jar on Mr. Wu's desk just behind a stock of papers took Tao's attention. "Mr. Wu? Those candy. Is that yours?" he pointed at it. Inside the jar is the same exact candy he was giving his secret admirer.

"Oh. ..this?" he took the jar and opened it.

"This is Lu's. He said he's addicted to it." Mr. Wu said. "You want some? Here." he handed it out to Tao who was shy not to take one after Mr. Wu's trouble of opening it. "It's very delicious. I'm starting to get addicted to this too." he said as he smile to the younger.

"If it's Mr. Han's. ..then why is it in your table?" Tao persists. Truth is, after finding out about Mr. Han, Tao feel troubled. They just don't fit and he really feels nothing for the Professor then he suddenly told himself that if it is Mr. Wu then there'll be no problem at all so now, he was secretly wishing that it was the other way round. He was wishing it was Mr. Wu instead of Mr. Han.

"Look at Lu's table." Mr. Wu ordered. It was full of test papers and all. "This. ..." he pats the jar. ". ..won't fit in there." he said chuckling. "Lu is such a messy guy and I can't believe he gave me all of his work. If it wasn't for his grandmother which I love too I wouldn't do this." Mr. Choi another Professor suddenly joined the conversation. He said LuHan is always messy and cannot live without Kris because he'll surely die on his own after a week. Tao laughed too, Mr. Wu looks so proud that he's in charge of taking care of his best friend.

"Since ZiTao is already here and I would be taking over you to watch over your section, why not ask the smart kid to help you check all of this papers Kris hyung?" Mr. Choi suggested. Tao feels troubled and happy at the same time. He feels troubled because he hates checking papers and there's a LOT of it. And he's happy because, duh~ he'll be spending time with Mr. Wu and will be stocked with him for the whole day. Heaven.

"oh~! What do you think ZiTao? Do you have anything to do today? I would really appreciate it if you help me. Mine and Luhan's work joined together is hell."

"I'll do my best sir."

Tao smiled cutely thinking how lucky he is. They stopped chatting and started working. They have a LOT of paper to marks and just looking at it makes them both wanna groan. But still, they're both glad that they have each other company. Mr. Wu is such a serious person when it comes to his work. He never once glanced at Tao to check his works saying he believe the younger would do just fine. While Tao is checking the papers, Mr. Wu is recording it and computing it on his laptop.

Before lunch, Peter Pan plays again and that is when the Professor looked at him proudly. The younger smiled back, he cannot show it but hell is already breaking lose inside his head. Mr. Wu's proud gummy smile is just too cute, he can live his life seeing it everyday and every minute. At lunch, Mr. Wu told Tao that they should eat together again just like yesterday then he took out two lunch boxes out of his bag that was under his table. Suddenly Tao feels so good and right. He's thinking if Mr. Wu knows this is going to happen. Why are there two lunch boxes? As if reading his mind, the Professor smiled at him.

"I told Lu you like the food so he made one for you too. He said he would love to see your delightful face after eating it but he miss his grandmother so much. He asked me to take a picture of you while eating it." he explained. Now Tao feels bad, Mr. Han is such a good person and he cannot believe he even thought not wanting him as his secret admirer, maybe he should give him a chance.

"Mr. Wu?" the older looked at him even if he's busy preparing to chopsticks and the lunch boxes. "Is Mr. Han a good lover?" he looked surprised at the question. He paused, scanning Tao's eyes for any clue what is that all about for a second there then he smiled a little, just a little.

"Why did you suddenly asked?"

"I don't know. He. ..he cooked our lunch so I was thinking if he's like this to his past lovers? Is he super sweet? I'm sorry for suddenly asking but... .I know you know him best because he's your best friend." Mr. Wu listened to him then passed him the food.

"Well~ I can't really say he's "good" or "bad". All I can say is he's thoughtful, he's loyal, he trust his partners and...he's super possessive to them. He gets jealous easily to the point that his partner is leaving him because of it." he honestly said then starts eating. Tao did the same, the food looks delicious and he's certain, it tastes delicious. Mr. Wu is really giving it all too so, yeah.

"I think possessive is good. You know, because he loves you so much that he cannot help it but wanting to lock you up in a room so he's the only one who can see you. I thinks it's sweet." Mr. Wu chuckled. "Why?" he asked.

"I don't get young people these days. But. ..now that I'm thinking about what you said. I think I have the feeling of locking up someone right now." Tao's eyes grew wider.

"M....Mr. Wu? You have a girlfriend?" he asked before he could stop himself. The older looked at him with surprise then after, maybe seeing his facial expression he laughed like there's no tomorrow.

"You should see your face when you're in shock." he said still laughing. Of course Tao would pout, he didn't get an answer and he got laughed.

"Can't you just answer my question sir?" he whispered to himself as he eats his food. He doesn't care about Mr. Wu anymore.

"You really are a kid." he smiled at him. "Stop pouting. I'll answer your question." he said then pat Tao's head gently. Can Mr. Wu get any kinder. Tao doesn't think so. "I don't have a girlfriend. ..but. ..I'm in love with someone." he said as he stares at the younger's eyes.

"Oh~ do I know the person you're in love right now Mr. Wu?" Tao looked around the faculty. "Is she here inside this room?" he asked curiously.

"Yes." the older answered shortly. "No more questions. Let's eat. We have a lot of things to do." he pats his head again.

Tao has one question for no one. Can he take Mr. Wu home? He would kill to get touched and to get spoiled by him everyday. He looked around the faculty room again, there's not much girls in there that would look like Mr. Wu's special someone. They're all average in Tao's eyes, or maybe that's just because he's not really attracted to girls or maybe because he's in denial of recognizing his crush's special someone.

 

-//-

 

"Huang ZiTao! I swear to God if I fail today's test I'm gonna kill you. Why do you have to tell us right now that you found out that Mr. Han is your secret admirer. Now I won't be able to remember everything I reviewed!!" Baekhyun said angrily.

"I just want you to know. I'm sorry." Tao said.

"Don't mind him Tao. He's overreacting just like always. You should tell us what happen before Mr. Choi comes. Come on." Chanyeol encouraged him just like what he's always doing.

"I was here the other day to see & get the usual but there's nothing. Then Mr. Han came. I left but I was bothered why he's here in the room at that time so I hide on the other room and waited for him to leave. When he's gone I came back here and the candy and the note is here." he explained.

"Oh My God!! You're so damn lucky Tao! You got yourself a sweetheart. Mr. Han is so cute and squishy! What are you planning to do now?" Baekhyun asked. Now he's excited.

"Nothing. I ...I don't think Mr. Han and I ... .fit." Tao frowned as he plays with the pen in his hands.

"What!??? I thought you're so in-love with your secret admirer and you don't care about appearance?" Baekhyun said. He looks annoyed, and he's pouting slightly.

"I don't. And Mr. Han is perfect but .. ."

"...But?" Chanyeol asked.

"I. ..I just don't feel anything for him. He's a Professor and . ...most important of all. ..Sehun is in-love with him." he said with head down.

"Wait! Sehun? Oh Sehun? The same Sehun on Mr. Han's advisory section? The person who's always waving at you at the cafeteria?" the smallest of them three asked.

"Yes. Him." Tao sighed. "I . ..I just don't feel right thinking it was Mr. Han all this time. It's the reality but, it doesn't feel right. It feels. .. ." he looked at the two then sighed again. ".. .wrong." Mr. Choi suddenly entered the room with a bunch of test papers on his arms. It looks so heavy, good thing his loyal follower, Mr. Lee is always there to help him. When the younger Professor put all the papers he said good bye to Mr. Choi.

"Good Morning." he greeted and he class greeted back. "Oh~! ZiTao! So you are here. Kris hyung is looking for you. Guess you need to help him again today."

"I'll go to Mr. Wu then. ..thank you for letting me know Mr. Choi." Tao stood up and bowed. When he was about to leave, Chanyeol pulled his hands.

"We'll talk again later yeah?" he smiled.

"Yeah. GOOD LUCK!!!" Tao looked both to Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Tao still feels bad. The truth is, he told Chanyeol and Baekhyun everything because Mr. Han texted him first the other night. His (not secret anymore) admirer texted him first asking why he's still not texting him after he gave him his new number. But. ..he didn't send any reply because he doesn't want to encourage Mr. Han. He re-reads every pick up lines and exchanges note between them for the past months. The feeling of happiness and sweetness of every word written is still there. He still want to do flips on his own bed while reading it but. .if he's thinking that all of that was from Mr. Han. ..he cannot explain it himself but he knows it's wrong and he doesn't want it. He started eating the strawberry candy too thinking it's not that special anymore after finding out who gave it.

A lot of things changed after knowing who it is, but one thing is for sure, he feels bad for Mr. Han. That's why he doesn't want to give the Professor false hopes. When he opened the faculty door he immediately saw Mr. Wu that looks so haggard. Maybe he pull an all nighter to finish all the work or maybe not. The papers are still piling up on his and Mr. Han's table.

"Sir?" Tao called out. The Professor turned around with a frown. "Mr. Choi said you're looking for me?"

"Yes. You'll help me again right?" the younger smiled only. "Please help. I'll die with all this work."

"Hey Kris! Don't look so uncool in front of your student!" the P.E. Teacher, Lee Jinki said.

"It's okay to look un'cool in front of ZiTao. I believe I showed worst yesterday." he answered while looking at Tao who smiled at the P.E. teacher as if saying,

"that's right."

"You guys kinds of resemble each other." Mr. Jinki walked to them and scanned them both then suddenly nods to himself. "Do you guys know KungFu Panda?" he asked.

"T. .that's my favorite sir." Tao answered shyly. He saw Mr. Wu snickered but he ignored it because he's embarrassed.

"Kris is the real dragon warrior and you're the panda!" Mr. Jinki laughed on his own as he walk out of the faculty leaving Tao and Mr. Wu wondering what just happened.

"I don't really get it." Mr. Wu said as he shook his head. "So~" he looked at Tao. ". ..Kung fu panda huh~" he chuckled, Tao blushed.

"It's cute sir. Please stop making fun of me." he said as he sits on Mr. Han's chair. "What should I do sir?" he asked. Mr. Wu gave him some papers to check just like yesterday.

There's a lot but there's no use complaining about it now, instead he started his work so they can both finish everything early. They both stopped talking and just keeps on working. While Tao is so busy checking papers Mr. Wu kindly slipped strawberry milk and a cupcake in front of him. The older told him to eat it and explained he bought it earlier before he went to work. If blushing could kill, Tao would be surely dead by now. He's pinker than the strawberry milk in front of him. He thanked the older who immediately went back to work after saying welcome. He doesn't want to eat the cupcake. He doesn't want to drink the strawberry milk. He wants to take them home and keep them safe beside his precious Candy Jar and Note Box. He wants to treasure it just like how he treasures those.

At lunch Mr. Wu have two lunch boxes again. Tao wants to take the lunch box home too, he's such a high school girl but, what can he do right? Mr. Wu is the perfect distraction so he won't think about Mr. Han. No matter how many times he imagines, he cannot really see himself with Mr. Han. He can only look at him as his Professor, maybe a friend would be fine too but a lover? No! Just.. .No.

They finished all the work earlier than expected. Tao got used to checking so he got faster. Mr. Wu keeps on yawning while working on his laptop so when Tao finished he kindly and thoughtfully made the Professor some coffee to keep him awake. The older's gummy smile is the best smile in the world. Tao decided on it.

After the test Baekhyun and Chanyeol pick him up in the faculty. He told them everything about how Mr. Han is his secret admirer and how he cannot see himself with the older. Actually, Sehun being in love with Mr. Han is just Tao's excuse so he won't feel guilty about not wanting to get together with the Professor. Baekhyun asked what he wanted to do, he told him the truth. He doesn't know. That's why he wanted their advice. Chanyeol said if he's going to reject Mr. Han then better do it personally and clearly. Baekhyun said the same thing, Mr. Han made an effort after all and he at least deserves something from Tao, even if it's just a rejection in person.