chap. 2

Candy Jar & Note Box

"Tao~ we'll graduate next month. I'll admit it now. The effort of your secret admirer is so great that it changed my mind that yes, he's not a stalker but a sweet sweet sweet secret admirer." Baekhyun smiled at the younger.

"You should really meet him now. You don't want to regret not even bothering to know him right?"

"right." Tao answered as he look at the candy and pick up line note that day. "What do you think I should do? I don't want to come here early again to catch him. I was embarrassed enough when Mr. Han talked about it in the faculty before." he said pouting.

"I know!!!" Chanyeol suddenly came behind them. "Why not leave him a note too? Maybe you could start by small conversations through the notes, then later on you could ask for his number."

"NICE!" Baekhyun said excitedly.

"A note too? What should I write?"

"Just thank him for now. For the effort and for wasting his money buying the candy and the sticky notes." Baekhyun giggles.

"O. ..okay then." Tao answered unsure.

That afternoon before they went home Tao left the said note a.k.a. his reply to his secret admirer. He considered leaving a candy too just like what the other is doing but he doesn't have any candy with him at the moment and they're not even sure if his admirer will give a reply the next day so he settled for the note for now.

 

"Hello~. I just want to thank you for the candy. And your pick up lines are really funny. Maybe we could be friends? I'll be graduating soon so I was wondering if I'll get to meet you before that? Please reply. I really really really want to thank you for your effort :D"

 

-//-

 

"OH MY GOD!!!! HUANG PANDA ZITAO!!!!! THERE'S A REPLY!!!!" Baekhyun shouted through the room. Tao is still on the door but when he heard his friend, he immediately ran to his desk, literally, ran.

 

"Hi ZiTao. Truth is I've been waiting for you to do the same all this time. And. ..my efforts are nothing. I'm glad to make you happy. I love seeing you smiling. It's cute. I'm not sure if we'll get to meet. It's kind of complicated in my part but. ..I'll try my best to think for a solution okay :D

Please never stop smiling. You're like, my ball of sunshine so if you're sad, my day is as gloomy as a rainy day."

 

Tao reads excitedly and loudly so everyone in the room can hear it.

"God!!! Tao!!! You're his ball of sunshine! That's so cute!!!" Baekhyun squealed as he pinch Tao's red cheeks.

"Are you going to write a reply today too?" Chanyeol asked. Tao nods shyly. "What're you gonna write?"

"Well. ..I. ..I wanted to buy candy yesterday but I don't know what flavor would he like." the youngest answered.

"Then that's it! Start another conversation! Ask him what flavor would he like. Ask him about his favorites too!!!" Baekhyun coached him.

"O. ..okay then. .." Tao said.

He's still kind of, in a dazed. He cannot believe his secret admirer replied to his note. He was thinking about it the other night and he prepared himself for the worst case scenario. So now that his prince charming actually replied, he's so happy. He felt that need to just run around the field and roll on the grass while laughing loudly. The feels is never ending but he did his best to not to show it because he knows his classmate will think he's weird.

They have 5 subject that day. Professors are, Mr. Wu, Mr. Han, Mr. Choi, Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim. Tao didn't managed to concentrate on the first two since his feels is not dying. He keeps on staring at the candy that he never once let go, he's just holding it the whole day like he was scared to lose it.

 

"Uhm. ..I want to give you candy too. You know~ it's not fair that I'm the only one whose teeth is rotting right?

I want to buy it yesterday but I don't know what flavor you'd like? You'll tell me right? If it's not too much, can you tell me what is your favorites too?

I would love to get to know you :D And also. ..I would love to know your name."

 

Tao went home a little too flushed. That was the very first time he asked someone about his favorites and all. It's hard to believe but, yes, Tao never once had a girlfriend or a boyfriend. He's more innocent than any girls in their University for real. Maybe that's why when he started receiving the small gifts he thought it was sweet.

 

-//-

 

"LOL so your teeth is already rotting? Should I stop giving you the candy? :) You don't really have to give me the candy, but, my favorite flavor is Coffee." Tao reads.

 

"He said you don't need to give him a candy but he still told you what flavor." Baekhyun laughed. "That's kind of cute."

"Don't interrupt Baek!!" Chanyeol whined. "Please continue Tao~" he encouraged him.

 

"Favorites huh~? Uhm, I love ramen. Color: black & white? Maybe? I'm cool with everything really. . ...I don't really know what to tell you. I just realized that I don't have favorites. I'm good with anything and everything haha."

 

"He gave up on himself!!" Baekhyun laughed again.

"Seriously Byun Baekhyun! If you interrupt one more time I'll tape your mouth!" Chanyeol said.

"Why are you suddenly so interested Yeol?"

"I'm trying to get clues to figure who's this guy so shut up!" he said then he put his hands on Tao's shoulders. "Continue."

 

"My name.. ..I can't really give it to you. You'll know me if I do. I'm sorry. I'd love to hear you saying my name, I'm sure it would sound like birds singing in the morning but. ...I really can't. Just call me gege~, you're Chinese right? You know what gege means right? :D"

 

"He. ..he said it would sound like birds singing in the morning. .." Tao said while blushing violently.

"God ZiTao~ your feels! Your feeeeellllssss!!!!" Baekhyun teased.

Chanyeol laughed because Baekhyun suddenly starts fanning Tao. Both of their reactions are so hilarious, they're both like high school girls with a crush. The whole classed become chaotic because everyone starts laughing too, Chanyeol's laugh is contagious. He's known as the happy virus so, yeah.

"Guys! What did I say about being too loud?" Mr. Wu suddenly entered the room. The first one that catches the attention of the Professor is the youngest in the room. "Are you sick again Mr. Huang?" he asked.

"Sir!" Chanyeol raised his hands. "He's not sick! He's overly excited and happy because his crush said something cute to him."

"Oh~? I see. I guess our youngest is in-love now huh~?" he put his books down with a proud-daddy smile.

"Si. ..sir?" Tao raised his hands.

"Yes?" the professor answered.

"How'd you know if you're in-love? Have you ever fallen in-love with someone sir?" he asked out of nowhere.

They all know the question is so sudden but, they all like that topic. Specially because Tao just asked about Mr. Wu's love life that is mysterious for everyone. Being that hot is the embodiment of Perfection itself so everyone is wondering why he was never once seen with a girl. It's just always Mr. Han that's beside him.

"Hmm~ let's see." every girls waited for the answer. They're all intrigue. "My Mom used to tell me that, you're in love if you can't tell what you like to the other person. You know~ because it's like, every inch of her body, every move she makes , every word she says, everything she does, and no matter what she looks, in your eyes, she's perfect and there's no one in the world that can be. ..MORE, than her."

"Wow~" the girl in the front, Minjung, said. "Sir.. .have you ever fall in love? Or? Are you in love right now? I can see your eyes sparkling while explaining."

". .mmm~ I am in-love right now." Mr. Wu smirked. The class suddenly becomes chaotic at the confession. It'll be the University's big gossip later on. ". ..I'm in-love with my mom. She's the most beautiful girl on earth!!" he suddenly said.

All the girl's squeals suddenly stopped as the boys laugh now. Mr. Wu took out his wallet and showed his students a picture of his mom on his wallet. The girls aww'ed while looking at the picture, they said Mr. Wu is a husband material because he's family oriented.

 

"Okay then~ I'll call you Gege from now on. I don't know if you want to know the things I like but. .. I love Panda <3<3

2 sticky notes is not enough to tell you all of my favorites so here's my number~ (a/n; *imaginary numbers LOL) If you'll text me or not. It's your choice >////< bye~"

 

-//-

 

"Wow. I didn't know you gave out your number first Tao. Your so easy." Baekhyun looked at the piece of paper on Tao's hands.

"I like the guy okay. It's just a number. ..and. .I waited all night. But he didn't text me." Tao said. It was so obvious that he stayed up all night waiting because the bags under his eyes are darker than usual.

"Well, he does say, "I don't know what to do." on that." he pointed at the note. "guess you admirer is as happy as you."

"If he texted you, gimme his number." Chanyeol said.

"What? You're gonna make him your text mate too? Am I not enough for you?" Baekhyun pouted then he acted as if he's crying. ". ..You're already keeping me up the whole night and I'm still not enough?"

"Will you stop that Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol smacked his head. "You're making it sound like I did something terrible to you." Baekhyun darted out his tongue on his giant friend.

"What're you gonna do with his number?" Tao asked.

"I'll try to find the owner. You do know I'm friends with almost everyone in the university right?" he smiled at the younger.

 

"I don't know what to do! You just gave me your number! Oh my God! . ..Okay. I exaggerated. I'm so sorry. This might sound creepy and scary but.. .I already know you number and I know everything you said you like. And. ..I love Chrome Hearts too and No, it's not because of you. I've been buying my accessories there too.

Wait.. .I can text you right? . ..I. ..I'll text you later then. :D thank you

 

"I really really really really want to meet him now. He's just too sweet and kind of cute." Tao admitted.

"What if he's ugly?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't care." Tao answered.

"What if he's actually a bully and he and his friends made a bet about all this?" Baekhyun asked.

"That's impossible Baekhyun." Tao answered confidently.

"It's a 'what if' Tao~ you need to think a better answer than, 'That's impossible baekhyun.'" he quoted.

"Then I'll just make him win the bet so we can share if money is involve then later I'll make him fall in love with me for real then I'll break his heart, the same way he'll break mine." he answered.

"Gosh! That's harsh!" Baekhyun laughed.

"A bet is harsh too."

"Okay! Last what if!" Chanyeol said before he pass Tao his drink. "What if. ..after you guys met, he asked you to go out with him?"

"The answer's already obvious right?" Tao smiled cutely.

"Even if he's super duper ugly?" Baekhyun asked again.

"Even if." Tao nods to him.

"Even if he's a bully?" Chanyeol asked too.

"Even if." his two friends sighs helplessly but after that, they both smiled at him.

Before Lunch break ends, Tao showed a picture of his Candy Jar. Baekhyun and Chanyeol was so surprised to know that he's not eating the candy. The first Jar was already full and the second one is almost half full. He also showed them a picture of his Note Box. He has them all, all the corny jokes that he received from the very first one to the current one.

School ends. Tao was called to the faculty by Mr. Wu. He doesn't know why their adviser suddenly called him but he's sure it's not about his grade and he's not worried about it. He's on the top of the class after all.

"Mr. Wu?" he called out as he peeks to the faculty door that's slightly open.

"Oh~ ZiTao!" LuHan called him. "Kris is right over there!" he pointed at Kris who was currently busy getting coffee. Tao bowed to the cute professor and made his way to his adviser.

"Sir?"

"Oh my God! You surprised me!" Kris said while holding the hot coffee on his hands. Tao chuckled a little at the reaction. "Come on. I want to tell you something." he gestured to make the younger follow him to his desk.

"It's not about my grades right?" the younger suddenly asked worriedly.

"Your grades are fine." the older smiled. "It's about a surprise." he said before opening his drawer where he took out a strawberry milk and handed it to Tao.

"Thank you sir. .." he accepted the drink. ". .what surprise?"

"It's for Minseok and Chen."

"The P.E. & Science Teacher?"

"Yes. Them. They came out of the closet. They decided to go to the states to get married." Kris smiled.

"Minseok is such a waste. I should've made a move on him." LuHan suddenly joined the conversation.

"Lu~! ZiTao is here." Mr. Wu scolded. "Anyway. The faculty wants to give them a parting gift. They're really good colleagues and kind to everyone so all of us, we love them both."

". ..and? What do I have to do with this Mr. Wu?" Tao asked.

"I want to ask you if you could compose a song. You know. ..you're literally the smartest one in my class and I know you have the skills for it."

"B. ..But.. .I've never. ..once composed a song." he said shyly. "Baekhyun and Chanyeol~! They're music genius. Maybe you should ask them instead of me."

"No. I trust you ZiTao and I want YOU to do it." Mr. Wu persisted. "I'll exempt you for the finals and the project I gave the other day."

"WHAT!? REALLY?" he suddenly felt great.

"Yes. I'll do that so you can focus on the song. So? Do we have a . . ."

"DEAL!" Tao said before Kris could finish.

 

"Hey~ gege~! I am so happy today!!! Mr. Wu said I'm exempted to finals and the project if I write a song for Sir Minseok and Sir Chen!!! Please text me already. I am so happy right now that I want to share it to everyone :D:D:D "

 

Tao was hopping on the hallway as he was happy that he doesn't need to review for the finals anymore. One song, that's all he needs to focus. His head won't hurt that much and he might not be good at singing but composing and writing lyrics, he believe there'll be no problem. He left the coffee flavored candy on top of the note. He was wondering if his secret admirer will ever text him before the day ends. He's really in the mood to chat with anyone and everyone. He feels so proud of himself.

 

-//-

 

"Thank you for the candy ZiTao :) it was delicious.

I have a very bad news. My mobile phone fell on the pond. I am so sorry but I won't be able to text you. I'm not planning to buy a new one anytime soon. :( But. ..we can still communicate through this right?

Oh and hey~ congratulations for being exempted on the final exams. I already know about that too. I was actually the one who recommended you to Mr. Wu :) again, this might sound like I'm really stalking you but. ..I heard you rapping on the bathroom once. I know it's freestyle so. ..yeah. .I recommended you. ..No need to thank me. Just don't embarass me to Mr. Wu :D Good Luck <3"

 

"Wow.. .maybe you guys should use a real paper now. 2 sticky notes is not enough anymore. Your messages are too long." Chanyeol commented.

"Where's Baekhyun by the way?"

"Kyungsoo's classroom. He borrowed a game." Tao answered.

"class~" Mr. Han suddenly enters, behind him is Baekhyun who looks like he ran a marathon so he won't be late. "Mr. Wu have a meeting today so, if you have other things to do on different subject, better do it now. I'm in-charge but, I'll be in the faculty, if you need something just come at me."

"Understood Sir." the class president answered. It's just a glimpse but Tao promised he saw a wrapper of a candy on Mr. Han's pocket. It was the exact same one of the candy he bought for his secret admirer. He suddenly stood up and ran after the professor.

"Sir." he called out.

"Yes." he turned around. "Oh, ZiTao~ what is it?"

"I. ..There's a candy on your pocket?" Mr. Han looks puzzled for a moment then he touched his back pocket and pulled out the said candy.

"This?" Tao nods hopefully. "I'm getting addicted to this candy but, if you want it that much, you can have it." he said as he hold it out to the younger. Tao frowns that's not what he wanted to hear.

"No. ..That's not. ..I don't want it." he said.

"Huh~? Then what is it?" Mr. Has asked.

"It's just. ...where'd you get it?"

"At the convenience store near our apartment?" he answered, uncertain as to what the younger is trying to say. "What is it ZiTao? Really?"

"Uhm~ no. Nothing. I. ..I think I'll buy the same thing so. ..I asked." he bowed to the professor. "Bye Mr. Han" he said then ran back to the room.

Luhan just watched as his flustered student ran back to the classroom. He smiled at how cute Tao is when he's like that. He suddenly feels glad that he brings the candy with him.

"ZiTao is so cute." he smiled to himself.

At lunch break Tao told Baekhyun and Chanyeol what happened and what he saw but the two must said that he's thinking too much. Baekhyun said the candy is kind of popular so it was understandable that anyone in the University can have it or even get addicted to it just like Mr. Han. Not everyone who has the candy is his secret admirer they say.

He changed the topic by saying his secret admirer is so sweet for recommending him to do the composing to Mr. Wu. He said it was a big help to him because he's getting stressed reviewing every single subject at night. Chanyeol asked him if he already started and he said yes.

 

"gege~ it's so sad that we won't be able to chat because you don't have a cellphone. So. ..I used a real paper this time. I'm a chatterbox so a sticky note is not enough for me. But you. ..please use the sticky note. I like it :)

Thank you so much for recommending me to Mr. Wu. Are you guys close? and oh!!! I want you the first one to know! I thought of a good title for the song I'll make. It's "Peter Pan". What do you think? I would love to hear your opinion since you're the reason why I'm doing this :D"