✗ flair official members

x.press - a redemption story // revealing members!
flair official members
 
 
nam jihye // main vocalist, sub-dancer, leader
flair's old soul
december 3rd, 1991
cool and distant, jihye's past makes it hard for her to get close to people, especially men, but it's not that she's an unfriendly person; her trust was severely broken in the past, and her cold nature is simply a defense mechanism. once you earn her trust, she reveals herself to be a more maternal figure, watching over her younger groupmates. 
a true old soul, jihye struggles to see the middle ground; she believes in the concept of a black-and-white world, with no grey area. change and evolution are rather foreign concepts to her - she prefers to have a schedule and follow it, word for word. although she is fiercely independent, haemi believes that she can evolve to be a great leader.
entertainment background
jihye was scouted by open world entertainment in 2006 after performing in her school's talent shows. she trained for two years before making her debut with 'rose' in early 2009 under her birth name, misun. however, her life in open world entertainment was far from luxurious; the ceo not only ually harassed her, but threatened to end her career as well.
jihye was pulled from the company by her parents in 2010 when they decided to move to america. during her time there, she learned of the ceo's arrest and developing court case, though she kept the secret hidden from everyone. after a breakdown in early 2011, she was diagnosed with ptsd and depression, which she was put on medication for.
in mid-2011, she officially changed her name from nam misun to nam jihye and moved back to korea, releasing 'rain' under her new name in late 2011. it did moderately well on the charts, enough so to draw the eye of a casting director, who asked her to portray yerim in 'shut up! flower boy band'. hongbin, head of pr at sc entertainment, saw her in the role and originally reached out to see if she'd sing a duet with aiden, but quickly offered her a contract after learning she was a free agent. she accepted and trained in sc entertainment for a year before debuting with flair.
 
 
lee yeji // main rapper, lead dancer, face of the group
flair's fashion critiquer
march 3rd, 1992
yeji is the type of girl who loves being in the spotlight. charismatic and outgoing, people tend to be drawn to her due to the nature of her personality. this does come with a certain level of vanity, but yeji tends to use her personality more to help the shy members from being in the spotlight when they don't want to be. 
when yeji wants something, yeji gets it. she can be a very stubborn and persistant girl, one who won't take 'no' for an answer. although she knows where the line is in terms of people's backgrounds, as she herself has had a rough history, when people need her, yeji knows how to be comforting and serious, giving her time and what wisdom she has to help others.
entertainment background
yeji originally started as a woollim trainee in 2006, but was dropped three years later due to lack of progress, not uncommon in the kpop industry. she moved to paris, studying fashion under her mother's watchful eye for a year, before being scouted by a low-key entertainment company during a return trip to korea for a fashion show.
however, six months into her time at her new agency, she was asked to model for a rather provocative photoshoot, which she refused to do. her manager and the companies' ceo threatened to end her career, or worse, if she didn't accept the offer. when yeji once again refused, she was beaten and ually harassed.
yeji filed a lawsuit immediately after the incident, but photos taken during the assault were uploaded online, spreading like wildfire. yeji won the lawsuit, but her pride and dignity were severly damaged. she stayed out of the public eye for the next six months until she was scouted by sc entertainment, who reached out to her, asking if she was interested in becoming a part of the entertainment industry once again. she accepted and began training in 2011, debuting as a member of flair two years later.
 
 
park nari // main dancer, lead vocalist, visual
flair's charmer
april 4th, 1992
the risktaker of flair, nari loves to try new things, no matter the consequence. from new and bizarre ice cream flavors to the tallest and deadliest of rollarcoasters, nari will try them all, often dragging along people for the ride. as an only child with two busy parents, she has learned to become self efficient, making her own lunches and doing some of the chores, often doing so for others.
being efficient doesn't mean she's the cleanest of people, as she often becomes so distracted she leaves a trail of items behind her. her level of distraction to her surroundings often means she's too busy texting to see the curb right in front of her, often leaving her with bruises. she's also a huge flirt, batting her eyelashes and flashing her perfect smile, drawing all the men towards her to learn that she was only playing around.
entertainment background
nari was accepted into yg entertainment in 2009, where she trained dilligently for two years. in 2011, it was announced that yg entertainment would be launching a new girl group, and that nari would be in the final line up. after her teaser image and video of her dancing was released, she went out with some of the other yg trainees and artists to celebrate.
however, things escalated rather quickly, and the next morning, she was called to the yg offices after photos were released on the internet from the night before. not only was she photographed drinking illegally, as she was underage, but she was photographed in a rather provocative position with one of yg's current recording artists.
nari was promptly released from yg, which caused a huge uproar from netizens, as her teaser image and video had already been released on the internet. three months after leaving yg, she came across sc entertainment through a bit of research and digging. determined to redeem herself, she auditioned in 2011 and was accepted, training for two years until her debut with flair.
 
 
son haekyung // lead vocalist, lead rapper, maknae
flair's weird prodigy
may 21st, 1993
bright and energetic, haekyung often throws her cute and chic image to the wind, revealing her true outgoing and 'embarrasing' nature, much to the horror of her friends. the moodmaker of flair, haekyung's antic never fail to liven up a room, with her quirky habits and brilliant, playful aura.
however, as an only child, haekyung is often bossy or demanding, used to getting her own way. this has also let to a sense of greediness, as a girl who's not used to sharing with three other people. often forgetful, it's not unheard of for her to forget where she left her phone, or even someone's name. but with haekyung's personality, names are the least of her worry - it's the people in her life that matter.
entertainment background
haekyung first entered the entertainment industry after a video of her singing at her talent show went viral on youtube; she was scouted by starship entertainment and began her training in 2007. during her training, she polished her composing and producing skills, and she was asked to compose a track for one of the companies' artists in 2009.
however, when starship entertainment launched the new song, it was quickly met with plagiarism accusations from yg entertainment; although the ceo of starship agreed that the songs sounded nothing alike, netizens quickly started attacking her as well as starship entertainment. within a few weeks, haekyung was dropped from the agency.
she modeled for a few clothing agencies for a year, putting her dream on hold, until sc entertainment scouted her in 2010; after coming across haekyung's photo, haemi ran a background check and realized that she was the trainee from the plagiarism drama the year earlier. haekyung was accepted into sc entertainment, where she continued to hone her singing, rapping, and producing/composing skills until her debut in 2013.