✗ sc entertainment

x.press - a redemption story // revealing members!
the characters
 

kwon haemi

the ceo
haemi built star catcher entertainment from the ground up, opening it's doors in early 2011, and being a female ceo in a male-dominated culture has just shown the kpop industry that sc entertainment is a company you should watch out for. bright, caring, and amazingly headstrong, haemi decides to take in and nurture the artists that no one else will sign, whether they be former girl/boy group members who were forced to leave their group or actors and models who simply went down the wrong path. she believes in second chances, and she'll stop at nothing to help her artists reach the top.

jo hongbin
the head of pr
head of the pr department at sc entertainment, haemi and hongbin were actually childhood friends, and he was the first person haemi enlisted to work at her new entertainment company. he and haemi are night and day in terms of personality; while she is the bright, headstrong ceo, he is the quiet and stoic head of pr who prefers to do his work silently. although he has his work cut out for him, trying to market these artists who were once the subject of some massive controversies, he embraces his job, always striving to do his best for the good of the company.

kim baekjun
the producer
baekjun grew up in a rather privileged family, and although he was given whatever he wanted, he often acted out and got into trouble. He dabbled in underground rapping as a teenager, yet he discovered that he was really drawn to the creation of the music rather than the rapping itself. haemi stumbled across baekjun while at an underground rap battle, where she was looking for potential trainees, and when he told her that he was looking into becoming a producer, she decided to hire and train him at sc entertainment, a decision that she has not ever regretted. baekjun has produced songs that have never failed to amaze the members of the company, and he is definitely a valuable member to the sc entertainment family.

ryu minhee

the choreographer
a skilled b-boy dancer, minhee was always a little bit different from her friends in high school; while they gossiped about boys or hung out at the mall, minhee preferred to hang out with the guys, often challenging them to (and kicking their asses in) dance-offs. she became a yg trainee in 2007, yet left in 2010; she excelled in dancing, often featuring in various yg mvs or live performances, but her singing skills were never up to par, and papa yg had no choice but to let her go in 2010. however, when papa yg learned of haemi and sc entertainment when it first opened its doors in early 2011, he got in touch with his companies' former trainee and recommended minhee go to sc entertainment to try and achieve her dreams there. when minhee went in for her audition, haemi, instead of signing her as a trainee, offered minhee the choreographer position on the spot, which minhee gratefully accepted. minhee has excelled at sc entertainment, and her choreography never fails to stand out among the hundreds of kpop groups in the industry.

bae minjun

the manager
minjun's face really is no joke, and many netizens call him 'the 7th member of x.press'. a former ulzzang turned model, his modeling career ended up burning out after a drunken prank went badly and string of various controversies followed. the speculations after the event all ended up being untrue, but his career never really recovered from the damage. haemi, who was, at the time, putting together the beginning ideas for sc entertainment's boy group, heard of the controversies and decided to reach out to him, asking if he was interested in becoming a manager at the company. although initially reluctant to accept, as he wanted to see if he could recover his modeling career, he eventually went to manage the boys of x.press, and he has embraced his new job as well as the people that come along with it.

aiden

the soloist
although an extremely skilled performer, his contract with a well-known company was terminated after a string of controversies severely hurt his career and his company's standings in the industry. after struggling to find an entertainment company that would sign him and continue his singing career, he stumbled upon sc entertainment. haemi saw the potential this young man had, and decided that he would be the companies' first artist. later, he became the mentor to flair and x.press, and he proved to them that it's possible to recover from a scandal. sc entertainment took this man, who had been the subject of some harsh controversies, and restored the fame he once had at his other company, which proved to the entire industry that aiden was not defined by one event, and that sc entertainment was a force to be reckoned with.
artist info
debut song // heaven's door (천국의 문)
debut date // december 28, 2011
fanclub name // geeks
fanclub color // heavenly gold (#FFE766)
 


flair
the girl group

these four girls have all had rocky journeys; some were former girl group members under other companies, others were former models or actresses whose careers went sour. all ended up signing with sc entertainment when no one else would sign them. haemi, against all odds, debuted a girl group that was actually moderately successful, and their stories of redemption momentarily put sc entertainment back into the spotlight, with various news sources citing them as the company the big three should watch out for.

artist info
debut song // hush (허쉬)
debut date // march 18, 2013
fanclub name // sparkles
fanclub color // steel blue (#63B8FF)
member count // 4
official members // jihye, ye.g, hera, nari