Hello Kitty

The Kyungsoo Vault [Hiatus]
 

Hello Kitty

 


 

 

“Okay you two, please take care of my baby without throwing each other down a cliff,” Luhan said as he neared the apartment door. It was Kai and Chanyeol’s turn to watch Kyungsoo today, and he just knew that these immature excuses for grown up men would do anything to win Kyungsoo’s favor.

“Look hyung, we all know he actually called you daddy once, but he’s not really your baby so please stop acting like you own him~” Chanyeol said smugly.

Luhan just glared at the tall male. “Watch your mouth, Park.”

“That was also the day hyung made us into puppies, right?” Jongin questioned.

“Yup. It was really fun.”

“…”

“Aaaanyways,” Luhan cut in, “I’m going to check on Kyungsoo before leaving.” He then made his way to the petite male.

The blonde Chinese finally reached Kaisoo’s room, only to see Kyungsoo playing with a ball of yarn on his bed. Luhan watched as the small male eyed the red orb and pounced on it; nipping at the yarn ball until it unraveled. Kyungsoo seemed to love the feel of it, so he rolled around on the unraveled yarn. Eventually, the short boy was in a little predicament—tangled in his red string play thing.

Luhan practically squealed like a teenage girl. He pulled out his phone and took a picture of the boy, before sauntering over. Later on he found out that Kyungsoo was a kitty for today, if the purring he heard when ruffling the boy’s hair was any indication.

 

“Omigosh, you adorable thing you~” Luhan cooed as Kyungsoo laid down for a tummy rub. Needless to say, the purring increased. “Hmm… I think I may have just the thing.”

 

In the living room, Chanyeol and Jongin were waiting for Luhan to leave.

“… What’s taking him so long?” The tanned male wondered aloud.

Chanyeol gasped. “Maybe Kyungsoo’s already awake!”

The two immediately ran to the Kaisoo bedroom. They could hear Luhan squealing. This can’t be good.

 

Upon reaching their destination their jaws dropped to the ground.

 

“Ok, there you go!” Luhan said in full bliss as he attached a headband with cat ears onto Kyungsoo’s head. Chanyeol and Jongin both gulped as they examined the short male; he was wearing a big sweater and pajamas, cat ears perched on his head, cute pink collar with a bell on it, and a bushy white tail at the back.

They were most definitely not thinking about cuddling with Kyungsoo. Nope. They also weren’t thinking about kissing those squishy cheeks until they redden with blush. Not at all. Actually, they weren’t thinking of a lot of things. Or were they?   

 

“Meow” Kyungsoo said to Luhan with large sparkling eyes.

Luhan smiled in amusement as he gently rubbed under Kyungsoo’s chin, making the short boy close his eyes in pleasure as he began to purr again; leaning into the touch.

“Maybe I shouldn’t leave for today and take care of you~” Luhan said as he squished Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

 

“NO!” both Chanyeol and Jongin shouted as they burst into the room. Pretty soon Luhan was kicked out of the house against his will.

 

“Ok, look,” Chanyeol said, crossing his arms over his chest. “We’ll share Kyungsoo.”

“Yeah, right,” Jongin retaliated. “It’s obvious that neither one of us wants to share.”

“Yes, that’s true. But let’s face it; if we fight over him, we might not enjoy playing with him. We’ll be too busy trying to steal him from each other.”

“Yeah… you have a point there.”

“So how about it? Truce? We won’t get in each other’s way and have some equality. We’ll all be happy.”

Chanyeol extended his hand to Jongin. The tanned male thought for a while, before sighing and shaking the outstretched hand.

“Alright.” It was a deal.

Chanyeol goes first:

Kyungsoo was still playing with his ball of yarn when Chanyeol re-entered the room.

 

“Hey there, Kyungsoo~ Come here boy,” Chanyeol knelt to the ground, his arms open for the little male.

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side, as he stopped playing with his yarn. “Meow?”

“It’s me, Chanyeol hyung. Come give your hyung a hug.”

After a total of five minutes, Kyungsoo ignored Chanyeol and went back to playing with his yarn.

 

Chanyeol pouted before a playful smirk took over. “Playing hard to get are we?”

 

Chanyeol went to the bed and snatched Kyungsoo’s yarn. The latter’s mouth dropped when Chanyeol threw the ball of string to the far end of the room.

“You know Soo, naughty kitties need to be punished. Maybe this will teach you not to ignore me.”

And thus the tickling began. Kyungsoo laughed until his cheeks reddened, writhing underneath Chanyeol’s fingertips. The small male tried to push Chanyeol’s hands away, but the taller was obviously stronger. Eventually, Chanyeol decided to give the little guy a break; Kyungsoo’s laughter fading as he lied sprawled on the bed, panting from exhaustion. Then the tall male gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Now are you going to listen to me?” Chanyeol asked; fondly chuckling when Kyungsoo nodded shyly, a blush adorning his cheeks. “Good. We’re going out today~”

Soon Chanyeol found out that Kyungsoo still thought like a human, despite having feline characteristics. When he showed Kyungsoo the can of cat food he intended on buying, the latter stuck out his tongue in disgust. So now, here they were in Pancake House having delicious pancakes (If anyone found it weird Kyungsoo was dressed like a cat, no one mentioned it). Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes off Kyungsoo for a second, smiling goofily at the adorable little guy eating like this was the best thing he ever tasted.

“Are you happy, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo nodded, cheeks too full of pancakes for him to reply.

“Order as much as you like. Then we’ll even get some ice cream.”

Kyungsoo clapped his hands in excitement, smile reaching his ears as his eyes formed blissful crescents.

“Hahaha. You’re really cute, aren’t you?” Chanyeol couldn’t help but utter, hand reaching out to rub Kyungsoo’s head between the cat ears.

Kyungsoo purred in appreciation.

When they finished eating, Chanyeol used a napkin to wipe away the syrup all over Kyungsoo’s mouth, then they headed for some ice cream.

After buying two cones from the ice cream man, they both sat down at the park bench. This time Chanyeol was the one who ate a bit messily. Kyungsoo leaned over to return the favor, using a tissue to wipe the ice cream at the corners of Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol blushed at the affection, and used it to joke around.

“You know, you’re a cat. You should have just it off.”

Needless to say, Chanyeol was clawed in reply.

When the two got home, they spent the whole time in Baekyeol’s bedroom (Baekhyun was out with the other nine members). Chanyeol was seated on the bed, with Kyungsoo sitting between his legs; the smaller male’s back resting comfortably on the taller’s chest. Chanyeol had been reading him fairytale storybooks, such as the Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, and The Three Little Pigs; all while dropping kisses on Kyungsoo’s head and face just every so often. Kyungsoo would meow in embarrassment and cover his face with his hands, but he stopped doing that because Chanyeol would take his little hands and kiss his palms, which only added to the embarrassment. Kyungsoo was really having fun looking at the colorful pictures on the storybooks, and he was really enjoying Chanyeol’s company.        

After the stories, Chanyeol decided to give Kyungsoo back his ball of yarn, thinking that Kyungsoo must have missed it. But he didn’t expect Kyungsoo to ignore the ball and to kiss him on the cheek. This was followed by a piggyback ride around the room, courtesy of Chanyeol.

Lunch time arrived shortly, while Chanyeol was giving Kyungsoo a tummy-rub with the other purring in pleasure. It’s really too bad, Chanyeol thought; he wanted to stay like this a bit longer. But of course, a deal was a deal.

Chanyeol, Jongin and Kyungsoo ate lunch together at the apartment. The tanned male couldn’t take his eyes away, seeing how Chanyeol was feeding Kyungsoo. He couldn’t wait for his turn.

After the meal, it was time for Chanyeol and Jongin to switch.

Jongin approached Kyungsoo, while Chanyeol left since it was the tanned male’s turn.

“Hi hyung!” Jongin said in excitement. “It’s me, Jonginnie! We’re going to go out and play!”

 

Kyungsoo replied to Jongin with a blank stare; then ignored him, running to Chanyeol and holding his hand.

“What the…? Kyungsoo?”

“Meow.”

“Go play with Jongin, ok? He’s waiting for you.”

The small male only shook his head and hugged Chanyeol, face nuzzling into the taller’s chest. Chanyeol could see the visible hurt in Jongin’s eyes. Chanyeol called Jongin over.

 

“Try again, Jongin. He really doesn’t warm up the first time. Go on.”

“Okay hyung.”

 

Jongin got down to talk to Kyungsoo again.

“Kyungsoo hyung, it’s me again, Jongin. Let’s go out, hyung~ We’ll do a lot of fun things together.”

Jongin reached out a hand and ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair; but he didn’t expect for the boy to hiss at him, causing him to flinch. Chanyeol felt bad for the guy and offered some help.

“Kyungsoo-yah, hyung is tired. We played the whole morning, so now I will sleep. I told Jongin to take care of you. So go with Jongin, ok?”

But Kyungsoo didn’t budge. Chanyeol tried to pry a whiny Kyungsoo’s arms off him, which proved to be a difficult task. Eventually though, he succeeded and ran away to his room, locking the door—leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo in the living room.

 

“Chanyeol hyung wants to rest Kyungsoo hyung. Since he’s tired, I can play with you, alright? I will do my best to make sure you can like me too,” Jongin tried once more, a bit disheartened at the previous failed attempts.

 

He was ignored yet again, as Kyungsoo cried and went to Chanyeol’s room; pounding his tiny fists on the door. Chanyeol was actually really planning to take a nap, but all the sounds told him he wouldn’t be getting one. He opened the door, and Kyungsoo immediately latched onto him again; crying into his shirt.

“Kyungsoo… hyung really wants to sleep. Jongin is awake and will bring you to nice places, and give you a great time. So, you go.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, whining. To prove his point, he let go of Chanyeol and ran to the taller’s bed; burying himself under the sheets and pretending to sleep.  

Chanyeol let out an exasperated sigh. “Jongin, maybe we should try to lure him or something… Jongin?”

Jongin had left the apartment.

Kicking pebbles down the street, the wind suddenly felt colder. Jongin saw how much he wasn’t needed there, so what was the point of trying again? He knew he would be met with the same rejection. This felt just like that one time he was assigned to take care of Kyungsoo, and they went to the mall, and Kyungsoo was with Chanyeol … and… and…

 

Kyungsoo got jealous when Jongin played with the kids.

Bingo.  

 

At the apartment...

“Kyungsoo, you need to apologize to Jongin and give him attention,” Chanyeol told Kyungsoo firmly, the small male still wrapped under the blankets.

Kyungsoo just gave him a puppy dog pout, that looked to too adorable for Chanyeol’s liking. It was getting very had to stay mad at this kid.

“Don’t you give me that look, Soo; you’re a cat for Pete’s sake! Cats aren’t supposed to use the puppy dog pout. I will have you sued for plagiarism.”

 

Speaking of puppies, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo heard barking noises from the living room. Was there a dog in the house? The two came out to check, only to realize that there wasn’t just one, but three little dogs flouncing about in the living room. And guess who brought them?

“Aigoo! My babies!” Jongin said enthusiastically. He hadn’t had a lot of time to play with Monggu, Jjanggu and Jjangah since they debuted. He was so happy to see his angels. So much so, that he forgot he brought his dogs over to make Kyungsoo jealous. Instead, he really just focused on playing with his darlings. He took out three small rubber balls and tossed them around the room; the pups chasing one for themselves and excitedly returning it to Jongin. The fun went on for a while, where aside from fetching the balls, Jongin sprinkled doggie treats all over the place which had the dogs eagerly eating away. Later on, Jongin the stereo and EXO’s Overdose played; Jongin partying together with his pets.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were watching hidden behind the couch. Chanyeol was having fun, amused to see Jongin’s cute little ones hopping about to their song. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was not at all pleased. Those dogs probably thought they were cuter than him; what with their floppy ears, puppy faces, and little statures. The nerve, Kyungsoo meowed in thought, the nerve. A kitten like him was far more superior in the field of adorability than those mere pups.

Pretty soon, Jongin was lying on the couch lifting the pups one by one. He nuzzled noses with them and kissed them affectionately, collectively hugging them to his chest.

 

“You have no idea how much I missed you guys,” Jongin uttered. “It’s so nice to see you again.”

 

By this point, Kyungsoo was bubbling in jealousy and hatred for those little attention-seekers. Chanyeol stifled his laughter as soon as he noticed.

“Are you ready to play with Jongin, now?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo answered him with a very serious nod.

“Then go get him, Tiger.”

 

Kyungsoo confidently crawled out from behind the couch; head held high, and the bell on his collar jiggling. Chanyeol just shook his head, as a smile spread on his face.

In real life, he’ll hit anyone who dares call him cute; but right now, he’s threatened by anything remotely related to the term, Chanyeol thought. 

 

Jongin didn’t notice Kyungsoo, too busy petting his pets, until Kyungsoo meowed at him. Jongin chose the wrong words to say.

“Hey hyung! Have you met my babies? Aren’t they just the most adorable honeys in the world?” he cooed.

Kyungsoo hissed at the dogs, causing them to whimper. Eventually, he was chasing them around the room with a confused Jongin trying to stop the whole matter. Chanyeol decided to come out and intervene; helping Jongin collect his dogs, while Kyungsoo sulked.

 

“Soo, that is not what I meant when I called you a Tiger. Go to your room and think of what of you’ve done,” Chanyeol scolded.

Dejectedly, the kitty did as he was told; not without hissing at the pups.

 

“This was really weird. I always thought that dogs chased cats, and not the other way around,” Chanyeol chuckled as he gave Monggu a pat on the head.

“What was up with Kyungsoo hyung anyway?” Jongin asked, still confused.

“Wasn’t this part of your plan? To make him jealous?”

 

Then it dawned on Jongin.

Oh yeah, he thought.

He went to his shared bedroom with Kyungsoo. The small boy was lying on the floor, sadly rolling his ball of yarn. The dancer entered the room and sat beside him.

“Kyungsoo hyung?”

“…Meow.”

Wow, he’s not ignoring me.   “Why did you chase my pets? Were you angry at them?”

Kyungsoo nodded his head vigorously.

“Why?”

“…”

Kyungsoo sat up and faced Jongin with his large pleading eyes (that may or may not have sent goose bumps down Jongin’s spine). The kitty lied down on Jongin’s lap and blinked his eyes cutely, a small smile gracing his lips.

“Meow.”

“So you want to play with me now?”

Kyungsoo purred in agreement.

“You’re really funny, hyung,” Jongin couldn’t help himself as he ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, and mapped kisses down his face. One on the forehead, on both eyes, both cheeks, the nose and peck on the lips. Kyungsoo giggled.

“Hey hyung,” Jongin whispered, “Let’s ditch Chanyeol hyung.”

 

 

Chanyeol was getting tired of caring for the dogs. Thankfully, the little balls of energy finally fell asleep. Chanyeol went to the Kaisoo room to check on Jongin and Soo. He found no one there, but a note on the wall.

 

We’re going to the amusement park and won’t be back until midnight. You better not lose my babies. Thanks hyung! Love you

ヽ(・∀・)ノ -Kim Kai

P.S. I asked Kyungsoo hyung who he liked better between the two of us. He pointed at me, so yeah, I just thought I should rub it in your face. I still love you, though (It’s just that Kyungsoo hyung loves me more). Ciao!

(Extra)

At the amusement park…

Jongin and Kyungsoo were eating away at popcorn, and hotdogs on sticks. They tried to catch fishes through little nets, and played whack-a-mole. They passed by a stand with plushies as prizes, and Kyungsoo couldn’t tear his gaze away from the large Pororo doll on the shelf. Jongin noticed and rubbed gently between Kyungsoo’s cat ears.

“You want me to win that for you?”

Kyungsoo hugged him and nodded, cheek squishy against Jongin’s chest.

“Ok. C’mon hyung.”

The ring toss game was quite challenging. It took Jongin three tries, but at last, he threw rings around five bottle necks and got a perfect score. He gave the Pororo doll to Kyungsoo, who jumped about in absolute mirth.

“I hope I get some kind of reward for that, hyung.” Jongin pointed to his cheek to prove his point.

Kyungsoo got in his tiptoes to place a peck on Jongin’s cheek. Then they held hands, swaying from side to side, as they went to the rides.

 Soon they were on top of the world, at the highest point of the Ferris Wheel, sharing cotton candy. Fireworks lit up the sky, and with Kyungsoo snuggled up in his embrace, Jongin wished he’d never have to go back home. Kyungsoo was cuddling lovingly with the Pororo doll, kissing the toy’s face over and over again. Jongin couldn’t resist pinching his cheeks.

The night went on, and finally the two went back home. Since it was already midnight, the members were fast asleep on their beds. The two late-comers headed to their room. As Jongin lied on his bed, he noticed that Kyungsoo was tucking the Pororo doll in. Kyungsoo placed one last kiss on its forehead, before finally covering it in a blanket. Jongin smiled to himself, until a question popped up in his mind.

“Hyung, if Pororo sleeps there, where will you sleep?”

 

Kyungsoo went over Jongin’s bed and got on. He threw his hands and feet around Jongin, wrapping himself in the tanned male’s warmth as he let his head rest on a firm chest.

Oh, Jongin thought, I could live like this.

Jongin pulled the covers over them, as he hugged Kyungsoo tightly; burying his face into the fragrance of the small male’s hair. He noticed that Kyungsoo was still wearing the cat ears, collar and tail, so he asked if Kyungsoo wanted to remove it. Kyungsoo only shook his head, and hid his face deeper into the comfort of Jongin’s chest.

And who was Jongin to argue with the cutest, most lovable, precious little kitty in whole world?   

 


 

Author's Note:

Requestor: Nightfire 

Prompt: Could Kyungsoo think he's a cat? And Luhan finds it amusing and makes him put on cat ears and shizz and Chanyeol and Kai be the fanboys of Kyungsoo that they are?

Well, this got longer than expected~ >_< I hope I incorporated your promt well! I seriously got mind block at some point, I sweear O_O So here it is! I hope you still liked it! :D

I do not own the main pic; credit to owner! link here