Thanks For The Chicken

The Kyungsoo Vault [Hiatus]
 

Thanks For The Chicken

 


 

 

The members were all out of the house, leaving Jongin to take care of Kyungsoo.

The younger absently click, click, clicked on the remote—looking for something to watch, since his hyung wasn’t awake yet. He landed on Channel M, where music videos from SM Entertainment artists were playing. He smiled as he watched a music video marathon, starting from old time classics (Shinhwa and H.O.T.) then moving onto the younger artists.

Eventually, music videos from f(x) were played on the screen. Jong In was watching Nu Abo, f(x)’s debut single, rather intently, that he didn’t notice a yawning Kyungsoo slip on the couch next to him. Nu Abo was followed by Chu, Lachata, and many others. It was only around the last f(x) video when Jongin felt like there was someone else on the couch. He turned his head to find Kyungsoo; shock making him yelp and fall off the couch.

 

“Geez hyung…” Jongin chuckled, getting back on the couch. “You could have said something you know? Scared me like a ghost.”

Kyungsoo didn’t reply. His wide eyes were still plastered on the tv screen.

Jongin pouted. He was being ignored.“Hyung~” he whined, letting his head fall onto Kyungsoo’s lap.“Hyung~”He was still being ignored. Now, he was just pathetic.Jongin huffed and sat back up.He took the remote and turned the television off.

 

It startled the elder and Kyungsoo quicky ran towards the tv; touching the screen all over—furrowed brows on a worried face.“P-pretty ladies?Come out~” He urged the tv set. “Come out, come out, wherever you are. Don’t be shy.”

Jongin snorted.So this was today’s abnormality?If it was any other person, it would have sounded ert-ish to say such things. But when Kyungsoo said it, it sounded more like a kid calling on his pet.

Jongin approached Kyungsoo and engulfed him in a back hug, letting his chin rest atop the petite male’s head.“Let’s go eat your breakfast, hyung.”

“But… the pretty girls…They disappeared from the box…”

“Then maybe they’ll come back later.Maybe they needed to use the rest room.”

“O-Oh…I see.”

Kyungsoo broke into a childish smile. He waved his hand at the television.“I’ll come back later then!I’m just going to eat breakfast!”

Jongin chuckled, vibrations from his throat tickling the back of Kyungsoo’s head. He wondered what Kyungsoo would say if he saw EXO on screen.The two waddled towards the kitchen because Jongin wouldn’t let go of  Kyungsoo.

As they were just a step away from the dining table, a knock was heard on the door.Jongin groaned; the thought of leaving Kyungsoo’s warmth rather annoying. Nevertheless, he let the little guy go as he went to open the door.

To his surprise, it was Krystal who had visited.Said f(x) member was holding what looked like plastic bags of fried goodness.

“Hey there Jongin!” she cheerfully chirped.

“Oh! Soojung! Come in, come in.”

Jongin closed the door once Krystal was inside.They both sat on the couch.

 “So, what brings you here? And do I smell chicken?” Jongin was internally salivating. The aroma of his favorite fried food hard to resist.

“Well, I’m running an errand for someone; and yes, that is indeed chicken.” She replied.“Your manager received an offer for you guys to do a chicken commercial.You guys won’t do it until after your break, but they already gave him all the chicken you get as a gift for filming.

f(x) happened to be around for filming as well, and so he asked if anyone of us could bring this to you guys.”

Jongin snorted.“Oh, manager hyung.He actually asked girls to run him an errand.”

“Well, you should’ve seen him—poor guy had to answer several different calls and sign up contracts all at the same time. He was practically begging for help. My members all had other schedules for today aside from the commercial, so since I was the only one free, I told your manager I’d bring it over. So here you go.”

Krystal handed over three plastic bags, each with a box containing five pieces of fried chicken inside.

“Thank you. It’s really nice of you to help him out.”

“Sure, no problem. Well, since that’s all, I’ll be leaving then.”

“Ok. Thanks again for stopping by.Come visit any time.”

Jongin placed the chicken on the coffee table, as he escorted Krystal to the door.

“It’s a wonder how manager hyung’s still so busy even though EXO’s on break. Guess we’ve really just hit it big.” Jongin chuckled thinking about his poor manager hyung.

“Yeah.Oh! Speaking of which, you the only one here?” Krystal questioned.

“Umm… well, Kyungsoohyung is here too. The others are out.”

“Oh. Where is he? I want to greet him before I go.”

 

“Umm…”Jongin bit down on his lower lip.“He’s a bit out if today. I don’t know if you should.”

Krystal looked at him with a questioning face.She placed her hands on her hips.“What’s that supposed to mean?I came all the way here to bring you guys chicken—I would like to at least see two members if not the whole twelve.Plus, it’s polite to greet everyone who’s inside the house.”

“But… he’s sort of nuts.He was talking to the television!Actually, f(x) music videos were playing on the screen—then when I shut the tv off, he was all like ‘come out, pretty ladies~’ and ‘they disappeared inside the box…’ He even waved goodbye to the television before eating breakfast!”

Upon hearing something so unheard of, Krystal brought a hand to as she chuckled.“That’s so cute! What is he—in grade school?”

 

Jongin pouted. She did not just call his hyung cute. Call him a baby for being attached to his hyung, but hey, he was part of the maknae line so he’ll be baby if he wanted to.

“Ok, time for you to go.”He had begun to push her out the door. “Go spend your free time somewhere else.”

“But I want to see Kyungsoo!” Krystal whined.

 

“Did someone call me?”

Jong In and Krystal froze in place.They slowly turned their heads to find Kyungsoo, with chopsticks still in his hands and a rice grain at the corner of his mouth. Krystal waved a hand at Kyungsoo.

“Hi Oppa!”

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped.So did the chopsticks and the lone grain of rice.“Y-YOU!” He pointed at Krystal.“Y-YOU’RE ONE OF THE PRETTY GIRL’S ON THE BOX EARLIER!” A faint, I told you! fromJongin was heard.

Kyungsoo got all excited, cheeks reddening as he flushed.He rocked back and forth on his heels, playing with his fingers all the while.“Omigosh…You’re much prettier in 3D. Do you know you’re really pretty? Maybe I’m blusing. Oh, wait, that isn’t good.Maybe I should crawl under a rock. But I think it’s too late for that now, though.Oops. Hehehe, umm…uh… Hi.”

“Oh…” Krystal was caught off guard by the compliment, a blush creeping up her own face.Then she grinned.

“Jongin, looks like I’m staying for a while.”

ham1.gif

Krystal had played Red Light on her phone, and was putting on a performance for Kyungsoo in the living room. The petite male was thoroughly enjoying himself, cheering loudly and applauding every time Krystal would wink.

Over breakfast, Jongin managed to inform Krystal of Kyungsoo’s 4D-ness. Krystal had found the whole situation highly entertaining.She thought she’d have a bit of fun. So here she was; dancing and lip synching in the living room—enjoying the way Kyungsoo would blush and applaud so enthusiastically.

Jong In was ignoring the two as he washed the dishes. He scrubbed harder every time he heard Kyungsoo’s cheers.Thinking about it, it was all the tv’s fault.If only it had played EXO music videos when Kyungsoo came! Then maybe, just maybe, Kyungsoo would be his fanboy, not Krystal’s.Plus, he wouldn’t normally admit it, but it was true anyway—he would definitely be ier than Krystal any time of the day. Krystal may have been tall and model-like in figure—but Jong In’s got the moves! In the end, it’s all about his hip —and boom! Fangirls get pregnant just by watching (this may or may not be an exaggeration).But anyway, that aside, he had to get rid of the f(x) member.Sharing Kyungsoo was not on his agenda.

ham1.gif

It was annoying.

It was irritating.

Jong In was about to pull his hair out.

Krystal wouldn’t leave! She was enjoying Kyungsoo’s attention far too much. As for Kyungsoo, he probably forgot that Jong In existed!The tanned male could only sulk, as he pretended to watch tv when he was actually sneaking glances.

Kyungsoo was currently braiding Krystal’s hair, while the female singer was pinching his cheeks.

*squish*

“P-please stop doing that…” Kyungsoo stammered as his braiding faltered again, due to the tingles he would get from Krystal’s fingertips.This had to be the sixth time he was repeating the braid. “I can’t concentrate on braiding your hair.”

Krystal chuckled.“It’s ok. The more you fail, the more I get to stay here.”

Kyungsoo turned bright red. He dismissed the butterflies in his heart, and focused on the braid once more.

Krystal had found him rather endearing.She stopped pinching his cheeks and just settled for holding those warm chubby face fats.She could feel Kyungsoo heat up even more under her gaze, and the way her touch lingered.Kyungsoo curiously lifted his eyes to Krystal.He found that she was smiling at him.He smiled back shyly, immediately bringing his eyes back on the female’s hair because the butterflies came again—and it looks like they brought friends.His heart was thump, thump, thumping out of the usual rhythm—being so erratic, he didn’t know how he was containing everything inside.

Turns out, he wasn’t—his hands were trembling.

 

 

Krystal chuckled.She let go of Kyungsoo’s cheeks and held on to his shaking hands instead—pulling them away from her still unbraided hair.

“I-I’m not yet done--”

“It’s ok Oppa” she smiled.

Kyungsoo looked like such a dear right now, really.She held on his hands tightly—with the intention of making the trembling seize, but it only seemed to heighten.Seeing him so flushed and so nervous, Krystal couldn’t resist.He just looked so precious.Very slowly, she brought her face forward, closing her eyes as she directed herself towards Kyungsoo’s forehead.Kyungsoo blushed even harder (if that was still possible) as the situation dawned on him. He closed his eyes too—anticipating the feel of soft lips.

 Just as Krystal’s lips were only inches away, she was dragged back by the arm—forcing her to let go of Kyungsoo’s hands and to stand up.Despite that, Kyungsoo’s eyes were still closed—waiting for his kiss.

 

“I think you’ve overstayed your welcome,” said an unhappy Jong In; foot tapping impatiently on the floor.

Krystal glared at him.“Um, hello? We were having a moment!"

“Yeah! Exactly! You were having all the moments!I don’t think hyung remembers I exist.”

“Sheesh, calm down Kim Kai. This is the first time he’s fanboying over me, and he’s really adorable.So just let me give him a little peck on the forehead.”

“No. It’s time for you to go.”

“It’ll just be quick.”

 

Krystal made a move to go back to Kyungsoo, but Jong In held her by the wrist.

“H-Hey! Let go!”

“Don’t kiss him! Just leave already!”

“Why are you so against it?”

“I don’t really think that’s any of your concern.All I know is that you’ve stolen enough of his time from me, so if you could kindly step out the door—”

“I’m not leaving until I give him a kiss.”

Jong In snarled.He actually snarled, catching Krystal by surprise. And oh, is that a predatory glint in his eyes?She looked at him in disbelief.

“Seriously? What’s wrong with you? Why are you so…”

 

And then a light bulb lit.

 

Krystal’s glaring face suddenly morphed into one of amusement. A grin had formed that almost rivaled that of Chan Yeol’s.She began to chuckle. Much like Jongdae when he was trolling around.

Jong In looked at her in confusion.

“Ohhh~ I think I see what’s going on here.” She said, wiggling her brows.

“What?” Jong In asked in annoyance, not at all pleased that he was being laughed at.

You want to finish the job for me? Don’t you?” Krystal all but made kissy faces at Jong In.

Jong In flushed.

Caught red handed.

“What are you taking about!?I just don’t want you doing something intimate with him when he’s not even in his right mind!”

“Psssshhh. You’re just jealous because he gave me all his attention, and left you to be a loner.”

“Was not!”

“Alright then, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to plant my soft lips to his forehead.”

“NOOOOO! GET OUT!”

 

Before she knew it, Krystal was dragged out the house.

“THANKS FOR THE CHICKEN!”

The door was then slammed right in her face.

 

People would actually be annoyed at a moment like this, but Krystal was just grinning ear to ear.“Oh Jong In-ah~When your break is over, I’m going to start hanging-out with Kyungsoo more often~” She said to herself, as she left the apartment chuckling at how cute Kyungsoo was and how ridiculous Jong In was.She would definitely have more fun teasing the tanned male later.

 

 

When Jong In got back to the living room, Kyungsoo was still there. Brows furrowed, eyes closed, and Face flushed. Waiting for lips to meet his forehead, in full concentration.

Jong In’s palms got sweaty.He should probably tell Kyungsoo that Krystal got thrown out left already.Then of course, he could also…

You want to finish the job for me? Don’t you?

Jong In gulped. It was clear which decision his heart made, without asking for permission from his brain.

He sat across Kyungsoo and took the elder’s tiny hands in his.Kyungsoo wondered why Krystal’s hands got bigger and a bit rougher, but he didn’t stir—just kept his eyes closed.Jong In slowly inched closer.Many hesitations later, his lips had finally met Kyungsoo’s forehead. As pleasure washed over him, the tanned male closed his eyes and just stayed that way—enjoying the feeling for as long as he could.Kyungsoo wondered why Krystal’s lips felt plump and full. From what he remembered seeing, her lips were thin and a bit small.He didn’t complain though—because these lips were softer than he could have imagined.

Kyungsoo shyly began to open his eyes.

To say that his eyes widened was an understatement. They were the size of golf balls.

Jong In noticed the petite male stiffen.He opened his own eyes to see Kyungsoo staring at him.He reluctantly pulled away.Coughing uncomfortably under Kyungsoo’s scrutinizing gaze, the tanned male felt compelled to give an explanation for what he had done.

 

“U-umm…Soojung had to go already, when she was about to kiss you.

So she…

She…

She asked me to pass... the kiss... to you?”

He tried, scratching the back of his head; smiling sheepishly.

 

It took Kyungsoo a while, but he finally processed the information.“Oh…” he had said in realization.“Ok.” Kyungsoo raised his hands to cup Jong In’s cheeks.Jong In was about to question the elder’s actions, but he was promptly shut up when Kyungsoo’s lips met his in a chaste kiss.

The dancer felt blood rush though all his veins. Felt a collision when shooting stars and fireworks met in the night sky of his heart. Felt a little insane and a little out of breath. He was feeling a lot of things, really, in that short span of three seconds.

“If you see her again, could you pass that to her for me too?” Kyungsoo asked, smiling at the younger innocently after their kiss like it was just the same as passing a sheet of paper to your classmate.

Oh, Jong In realized.Should he push his luck?

Of course he should.

 

 

“Do you want me to pass just 1 kiss?You might want to add some more.”

“You think?”

“Yeah! Kiss me Pass your kisses through me—one for every piece of chicken she brought over. There are 15 by the way. 14 more kisses to go!

“Hmmm... I should probably add more since I didn't get to finish braiding her hair.”

"Yeah. Add as many as you like."

"You don't mind me kissing you senseless, Jongin-ah? Is it okay?"

"Yes please, let's get on with it! Don't make me take the lead!"

 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Requestor: dosoojung

Prompt: Kyungstal ft. jealous Jongin

I tried, I really tried :'((( Was this ok? I hope you liked it somehow :D I'll do better on the next chapter! (hopefully) TT_TT

I do not own the main pic; credit to owner! link here   

I'm hosting a Kaisoo/Chansoo  Fluff One-shot Writing Contest by the way :D
Here it is! Join if you're interested~ There are PRIZES >_<
if you want to be a sponsor, let me know as well! :D