Chapter 8

Tell me when

 

 

 

 

 

Onew peeked inside the kitchen smelling something delicious cooking.

"What are you making?" he asked Key and scooted a bit closer to take a look.

"Kimchi stew. Do you want to try some? I feel like it's missing something but I can't quite put my finger on it."

The older nodded eagerly and opened his mouth waiting for Key to feed him. Just at that moment his phone rung. Grunting, he pulled it out of his pocket and took a look at the screen to see who was calling. He stilled for a few seconds. It was Kai.

"Aren't you going to answer it? Who is it?" Key asked seeing Onew's troubled face.

The other extended his hand and showed the phone to the younger. He really didn't feel like picking tthe call up but in the end he gave in and pressed the 'answer' button.

"You do realize that you're not really my favorite person at the moment right?" he said and walked slowly to the living room.

"I know hyung. And I'm sorry but I really need to talk to you. Can we meet up?"

The older run his hand through his hair and exhaled. "I don't know Jongin... I'm really not in a mood to-..."

"Please? I swear I'm not gonna take long it's just... I really need to talk to you about something. Please hyung." Kai said with a serious tone trying to sound as sincere as he could manage.

Onew rolled his eyes at himself because he already knew he lost. "Fine. I'm staying in the dorm for the rest of the night, feel free to come whenever you want."

"I'll be there in twenty minutes!" Kai beamed. "You're the best hyung, I'll see you soon. Bye!" he chirped and hung up.

Onew sighed defeated and plopped on the couch tossing his phone aside.

 

 

The doorbell rung exactly 20 minutes later and Onew cussed under his nose because he wouldn't mind if the younger came a bit later. Or didn't show up at all for that matter. He opened the door and not so surprisingly he was not that happy to see Kai's face.

The younger bowed his head slightly. "Hi hyung. How are you doing?"

Onew glared at him and then turned around. "Let's just get to the point. Follow me." he said and went towards his room.

Kai closed the door behind him and stood there awkwardly not sure what to do with himself.

"So? What did you want to talk about?" the older urged crossing his arms.

"Maybe we should take a seat?" Kai asked and Onew raised his eyebrows at him meaningfully. "...Or not... " he coughed and looked up at the older. "Uhh.. I came here to ask you to try talking with Taemin, he's really devastated with the whole issue and um... it would be nice if you gave him a chance to say what he wants o tell you."

Onew scoffed and looked away before looking back at the younger, his eyes narrowed and burning. "You want to ask me to hear Taemin out? You? Really now Jongin. Aren't you the one that is partially responsible for the whole mess? What were you thinking kissing him in public like that? Are you out of your mind?"

Kai looked down at his feet dejected. "I'm sorry. I know it was stupid of me and I promise not to do that ever again. But... As you said... I was the one that kissed him, so please don't be mad at him... It was just a peck, he didn't even have time to push me away." he looked up straight into the older's eyes. "And hyung, please believe me when I say there's nothing going on between us. I kissed him on a whim, it meant nothing. He was troubled with something back then and I just tried to help him. We're not together hyung and we both have someone else we like."

Onew suddenly forgot the rest of the conversation he was just having and how mad he was at Kai, his mind stuck on the news that Taemin liked someone else. His eyes widened, his heart started beating a bit faster in fear. "W-who?"

Kai blushed slightly and looked away. "He's really handsome hyung, he might be short but he's a great guy. And his voice... When he sings it's like an angel is calling for you. He can be rough sometimes and he has a really strong grip so it's better if you don't piss him off, but other than that he's a cute little squish." Kai grinned and let out an embarrassing giggle. "It's... Kyungsoo." he squeeled and bit his knuckles.

"K-kyungsoo? Taemin likes Kyungsoo?" Onew didn't know what to think about that. He never noticed his maknae being close to theman or acting shy in front of him. Was he really that blind? Did he know Taemin at all?

"What? No!" Kai screeched and crinkled his nose "No! Kyungsoo is mine, Taemin likes someone else." he crossed his arms, offended at the thought of another person liking his darling.

"Oh... Who does he like then?" Onew asked hesitantly though he was not sure whether he wanted to hear the answer.

Kai smiled smugly. "That hyung... you should definitely ask him yourself."

The older sighed anxiously and plopped down on his bed. Even if he knew the name of the guy it would still change absolutely nothing. It would still be someone else having Taemin for himself, someone else having the right to kiss him and call him his. It would still be someone that is not Onew. And the thought itself was scary and devastating.

"But let me tell you something hyung..." Kai smiled pulling the older up and then hugging him. "...you're not going to be disappointed when he tells you who that is."

 

They stayed like this for a while, Onew contemplating on who the maknae could possibly have a crush on and how to deal with it, and Kai... after a few seconds exhaled dreamily and started to slowly run his hands down the older's back feeling him up.

"Uhhh... Jongin what are you doing?" Onew asked stiffening slightly in Kai's arms.

"I'm just using this opportunity since I might never be able to touch you like this again. Taem's a jealous little ." he nuzzled his nose in the older's neck and groaned. "You smell like heaven hyung."

"Jongin this is creepy, let me go."

"Just a second hyung." Kai's hand wandered a bit lower and stopped when it reached Onew's . He gave it a small squeeze and the older let out a loud shriek and pushed him away.

"What the hell Jongin?!" he wheezed and covered his with his hands in a protective manner.

Kai only shrugged in response. "I think I'm done here, I hope Taemin will make a good use of you. It'd be a shame if all that went to waste." he turned around and opened the door.

Onew watched the younger leave, dumbfounded.

"What?!"

 

 

 

 


Okay, so the next chapter is going to be the last one! I think.. Well at least I plan to finish this fic with the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading this one, I shall update soon~~ (tho probably not as soon as you guys think, last chapters are damn hard to write.)