Chapter 3

Tell me when

 

 

 

 

"Sooo hyung... It seems it's just you and me tonight..." Taemin said smiling smugly. He was hoping he sounded and looked confident because on the inside he was all mushy and soft and his heart was doing flips inside his chest.

Onew was eyeing the maknae with a bewildered look and his face. "Umm... I guess?"

"I was thinking... Maybe we could watch a movie?" Taemin asked and then remembered Kai's advices. Aegyo, I need to burry him in my aegyo. He leaned a bit closer to the leader and stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. "Hyung~ Don't you want to watch a movie with me~?" he whined with the saddest looking eyes he could pull off.

"E-eh? We can watch a movie if you want to." Onew replied with an awkward smile.

Taemin beamed. "Really?! You're the best hyung! What do you want to watch? You can pick, I'm fine with everything as long as I'm going to watch it with you~"

Onew's eyes widened, his lips slightly parted in shock. "Are you okay Taemin-ah? You're acting a bit weird..."

The younger smiled even wider. "Weird? I'm not, hyung~~ Ah! Pick a movie hyung, I need to get a blanket for cuddling!" he chirped and ran off to his room. He closed the door behind him and hurriedly fished out his phone from his pocket dialing Kai's number.

"What is it? Are you done already?" Kai asked surprised.

"He said I was acting weird! What do I do?! Help me, it was all your idea!"

"Uhh... You probably overdid it a bit. Tone down the aegyo and it should be fine."

Taemin nodded and stayed silent for a longer while.

"Halo? You still there?"

"...Jongin I'm... scared." Taemin muttered with a shaky voice.

Kai sighed. "You have nothing to be scared of Taemin. He's your Jinki, the very same person you were hanging out with for so many years. You know that right?"

"Yes, but... I'm not the same anymore. I'm just supposed to watch a freaking movie with my hyung and my hands are shaking because I'm so nervous."

"...Taemin-ah... He's your beloved Jinki hyung. Try looking at him like at a hyung you know so well and respect rather than a person you happened to have feelings for. They are just a bonus to your relationship, and that bonus makes you want to take a step further. And that's okay. But you should concentrate on cherishing your time together rather than thinking about how it's not 'being just friends' on your side anymore. He's still the same person that loves you and adores you over anything and anyone else, okay?"

Taemin sniffled and then exhaled slowly. "...okay."

"Good. Now, go back there and let Jinki hyung love you. And wipe off that snot from you nose, it's unattractive."

Taemin laughed and wiped his nose with his sleeve.

"I hope you didn't just wipe it on your sleeve." Kai warned and Taemin gulped. "Anyways, pull yourself together and go back to your hyung. Fingers crossed!" he cheered and then hung up.

Taemin sighed and checked himself in the mirror. His face looked weird, like it didn't truly belong to him. He clutched his shirt feeling anxiousness spreading through his body. You can do it. He whispered to himself.

"Taemin-ah are you okay?" Onew peeked inside the room. "Did you get that blanket for cuddling? I need it to be really warm and fluffy, okay?"

The younger snorted with laughter, because yes, that's his Jinki hyung. He turned around wearing a warm, honest smile that the leader reciprocated. "Yeah, let's go." he took the blanket from his bed and grabbed Onew's hand pulling him towards the living room.

 

 

 

Half an hour into the movie Taemin noticed how his hyung was wriggling and changing positions every few minutes sighing and groaning in the process.

"Are you okay hyung? Are you uncomfortable?" the younger asked worried.

"I'm fine Taemin-ah, it's just that my neck is giving me a bit of a hard time lately. Don't worry about it." he smiled and shifted under the blanket once more.

"Do you want to lie down? You can rest your head on my lap if you want to."

Onew looked at him for a few seconds considering his offer and then smiled warmly. "I'll do that. Thanks Minnie."

Taemin took his feet off the couch and let the older get comfortable on his lap.

Onew sighed in relief when he found the right position. "That was a great idea Taem, it feels perfectly fine now. Tell me if your legs start to hurt, okay?"

Taemin smiled widely and nodded but deep inside he knew that even if his legs were to fall off he wouldn't say a word if that meant having his hyung on his lap for even a little bit longer. He fondly looked down on Onew and blushed slightly, suddenly feeling a strong urge to touch the older's hair. Taemin held his breath, his heart speeding up a little as he lifted his hand and slowly ran his fingers through the leader's fluffy brown locks, his fingertips tracing softly his hyung's scalp. He scanned his face carefully searching for any sign for him to stop but Onew only hummed softly and smiled, his eyes slowly closing in pleasure. Taemin felt warmth spread through his body, his heart fluttering in excitement because he was the one that made him do that. He grinned and watched as Onew slowly relaxed under his fingers, gradually drifting to sleep. He felt extremely happy and somewhat proud that his hyung just fell asleep in his hands like that as if he was entrusting himself to the younger.

After a few minutes of petting the leader's hair Taemin lifted his other hand hesitantly and lovingly Onew's cheek. This was the man he spent almost half of his life with, the man that healed his deepest wounds with a single smile. A man that flipped his world upside down and made Taemin fall for him by just being there. A man the younger truly loved with everything he had.

Taemin leaned down slowly and brushed his lips against Onew's warm cheek. Then he lifted his head and moved his hand a bit running his thumb along his hyung's bottom lip. Taemin's heart was pounding loudly in his chest but he took no notice of it, somehow feeling at peace. This was the place he wanted to be the most in the world with a person that was dearest to him of all. Nothing else mattered. It felt right.

Taemin then leaned down once again and halted a few centimeters from Onew's face before pressing their lips together in a soft, loving kiss.

 

 

 

 


Uhh yeah. This is the end of Chapter no. 3! I know I said I won't update until Friday but well... here it is.

I'm a little sad that this fanfic gets so little view and subscribers... Is it because Ontae isn't that popular? My Jongyu fics got so much more attention than this one :( Why? Ontae is so cute :<