Chapter 1

Tell me when

 

 

 

"What's wrong with Taem? Am I just seeing things or he's actually cleaning up his room?" Onew asked amused plopping on the couch next to Key handing him a bowl of popcorn.

"I think he said something about Kai coming over." the younger replied and the TV shoving a handful of popcorn straight into his mouth.

Onew raised an eyebrow questioningly. "He's cleaning up because Jongin's coming over? That's a first."

"I know right."

Suddenly the doorbell rung. Onew got up from the couch sighing, because he'd just sat down, and slowly dragged his feet to open the door.

"Hi hyung!" Kai beamed and stepped inside the dorm clicking his tongue. "I haven't seen you for two days straight and you got so much more handsome already. You need to stop hyung or you're gonna steal all my fans!" he pouted jokingly then pulled the older into a tight hug.

Onew laughed and ruffled Kai's hair messing it up as much as he could. "What are you even talking about you brat"

"Jongin!"

Both Onew and Kai turned his heads towards Taemin who was hurriedly stomping in their direction. He grabbed his friend's wrist tightly pulling him away from the older's grasp and glared at him.

"You're late! You were supposed to come 10 minutes ago!" he hissed out and tugged on Kai's wrist pulling him towards his room "Come on. You've wasted enough time."

Kai turned around and waved to Onew "It was very nice seeing you hyung! See you around!" he chirped and then moaned because Taemin gave his hand an especially strong tug.

 

 

Taemin shut the door behind them and sent Kai another deathly glare. "What do you think you were doing?"

Kai smirked slightly and lied on Taemin's bed propping his head with his hand. "I was saying hello to Jinki hyung. Has he been exercising lately? His body got much more toned, it feels awesome when you touch it."

Taemin pressed his lips tightly together and clenched his fists. After a few seconds the corners of his mouth turned downwards and his eyebrows dropped. "You're the worst." he mumbled pouting.

"Aww is my cute little Taem jealous? I'm sorry, you have a great body too you know." Kai said pulling Taemin towards himself. He lifted the other man's shirt a bit and poked his tummy a few times. "Though you should probably get rid of that baby belly."

Taemin pinched his friends arm earning a loud whine. "Seriously the worst."

 

 

After two hours Onew and Key were still on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, the younger resting his head on the leader's shoulder and slowly beginning to doze off. Suddenly the door to Taemin's room opened and the maknae hesitantly made his way towards them glancing from time to time in the direction of his room where Kai was smiling widely and giving him big thumbs up. Taemin stood in front of Onew nervously fiddling with his fingers and swallowed despite the absolute lack of saliva in his mouth.

"Um... H-hyung?" he started with a quiet voice staring at his own feet.

"Hmmm?"

Taemin glanced nervously in Kai's direction, and tried to read his lips while his friend was mouthing the words he was supposed to say.

"I-I need to talk with you. U-um no. I n-need to tell you something."

Onew noticed how nervous the maknae was so he decided to encourage him with a warm smile. "Okay. What is it Minnie?"

Taemin gulped and lifted his gaze to look at the older before hurriedly looking away. "U-uh..I.." he let out a shaky breath and lifted his gaze once again. "H-hyung I.."

"You can do it!" Kai whispered loudly.

Taemin's lips were moving but no sound was coming out. He whined softly annoyed with himself before he let his shoulders sag defeated. "I'm going out to the store with Jongin." he blurted out. Kai let out a sigh then stomped to his friend and grabbed his hand. "Yeah. We're going to be back in max two hours so don't worry hyung."

"Okaay..." Onew glanced questioningly at Taemin. He was once again staring at his feet looking somewhat embarrassed and close to crying. "Uh.. Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

Kai looked at his friend hopefully but Taemin nodded.

"We'll be back soon hyung." Kai gave Onew an apologetic smile before he softly pulled Taemin in the direction of the front door.

"Well that sure was hella weird" Kay said lifting his head from the leader's shoulder.

"You were awake?"

"Duh. It would have been be a miracle if I hadn't woken up in that dense atmosphere. Taem seemed really nervous so I decided to stay with  my eyes closed not to disconcert him. What was that all about?"

"I don't know. But he surely didn't want to tell me he was going to the store."

Key nodded. "That's for sure. I hope he didn't get himself in any trouble." he sighed and once again rested his head on the older's shoulder. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Onew turned his head in the direction of the front door with a worried expression on his face. "Yeah."

 

 

Kai grabbed Taemin's hand as they were sitting on a bench in park. "It's okay, you know. There's always next time."

The other shook his head and looked down at his lap. "No. It's always going to be the same. I just can't... It's too hard. There won't be a next time. I'm done. I won't tell him. I can't."

Kai sighed and squeezed his friend's hand. "Don't you think he'd want to know the truth? You're really important to him. He's going to be really worried about you if you keep acting weird."

"I don't care. Telling him is already huge for me, his reaction might kill me you know? I won't be able to stand the look of disgust on his face, I won't survive if he starts avoiding me. I can't. This is too much."

Kai turned to Taemin and made him look into his eyes. "But what if? What if he won't be disgusted? What if he won't start avoiding you? He might just accept it. Don't you wanna know what if?"

Taemin looked away and said nothing.

"I'll help you okay? We're in this together. Maybe we should try something else than just telling him, we'll come up with something, there's no one rushing us." he brushed away a few hairs from Taemin's eyes. "Hmm? What do you say? Let's try again okay?"

Taemin looked up at Kai with teary eyes and nodded softly. "Okay."

 

 

 


Alright the first chapter is done, I hope it was interesting enough for you guys to want to keep reading this story ^^ Comments are very much appreciated!