Just One Day

The Red Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Wh-what's going on?" Jing stutters, suddenly scared, when she hears a beeping sound nearby. Jungkook lifts Jing's shirt slightly and she blushes at the sudden contact, but her eyes widen when she looks down at a small red light that seems to be blinking from within her stomach. The scar seems to have become even bigger and the beeping sound seems to be getting louder as the seconds tick by. "Jungkook? What's happening to me?" She asks, her voice trembling.

    Jungkook doesn't answer her, instead he calls Fei on his earpiece in a panic. "Fei!" He yells. "The bomb is going off and I don't know what to do!"

    "What!?" Fei screams.

    "Agh! Jungkook! I told you stay away from her!" RapMon yells as he begins typing furiously at the computer.

    "Yes, I know! I'm sorry, but we need that access code now!"

    "Well, we don't have it yet!" RapMon tells him. "We're not prepared!"

    "I'm so sorry, Jungkook." Snigdha whispers into the earbud. "I think we're going to lose her. You have to get out of the building or you'll blow up with her."

    "No! I'm not leaving her! There has to be some way!" Jungkook yells defiantly.

    "Do you want to die as well!?" RapMon shouts. "We can't save Jing, but we can still save you, so get out of there while you can! That's an order!"

    "Guys, I have bad news." Fei tells them.

    "What is it now?" Jin groans.

    "I'm afraid that the bomb has a wider radius than I had originally thought. If the bomb goes off, it'll take out everything within the city."

    "What!? You mean everyone inside the city will be killed!?" V shouts.

    Fei simply nods. "And it looks like we only have a few minutes before the bomb goes off."

    "Ok, now we really need to find another way." RapMon sighs in frustration.

    "Is there anyway we can stop the bomb from going off without removing it from Jing?" Jungkook asks.

    "There is one way..." Fei looks down.

    "What!? Tell us!?" J-Hope shouts in a panic.

    "The bomb will stop if Jing's heart stops as well."

    "How do we...?" Jimin starts but RapMon finishes his thought for him.

    "The Red Bullet." He says. "Jungkook still has it, right?"

    Jimin nods. "Jungkook you have to give her the pill."

    "I can't..." Jungkook cries. "You're asking me to kill her and I can't do that..."

    "You have to if you want to save this city and everyone in it." Iseul tells him. "If her heart doesn't stop, then everyone in this city will die. I know it's cruel, but we're losing one life to save thousands."

    "I don't know if I-" Jungkook grips onto the pill bottle tightly as tears threaten to fall.

    "Jungkook?" Jing tugs on his sleeve and he looks at her with tears in his eyes. "I think I understand what's going on, and I know what I have to do." She tells him as she takes his hand and removes the pill from its case.

    "No, Jing, you can't." He moves to take the pill from her, but she steps back.

    "I have to." She smiles, but there are tears falling down her cheeks as she looks at him. "Thank you for taking care of me. I don't know what my life would have been like if you hadn't found me in that orphanage, and I don't care if I have to die if it's to save you, because I don't regret meeting you, or falling in love with you, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would."

    "Jing..." He says softly as he steps forward and pulls her into a hug, her heart beating against his chest. "Just one day..." Jungkook pleads. "I just want to spend one more day with you." He holds her tighter as her heart rate increases and she slowly moves her arm to bring the red pill to her lips.

    "Wait a minute..." Fei's eyes widen as she gets an idea. "Jungkook! You can still save her! Her heart only has to stop for a second for the bomb to disarm!"

    "How do I do that!?" Jungkook asks.

    "A shock to her system, something scary? Anything that would surprise her!" Fei suggests.

    "Alright, one shock coming up!" Jungkook yells just as Jing inserts the pill into . "I'm so sorry about this!" He shouts as he pulls back to look at her. She looks at him confused before he pushes her against the wall and kisses her. His lips colliding with hers in a fervent manner.

    Her eyes widen before she soon finds herself melting into the kiss and after a few seconds, the bomb stops beeping and Jing blinks a few times, before she realizes what just happened. Jungkook pulls back with a cheeky grin and a red pill between his teeth.

    "Oh, my god... Please, never do that again..." She says, breathing heavily with a hand to her chest.

    "You didn't like it?" He asks, sounding disappointed after spitting the pill out into his hand and tossing it in the trash.

    "N-no! It's not that!" She suddenly blushes. "It's just... I don't think my heart can handle another shock like that..." She breathes deeply, trying to get heart rate to return to normal.

    Jungkook just smiles and throws an arm around her. "Come on, let's go join the others."

~

    Everyone slowly opens their eyes to see that they and everything else is still intact.

    "Did it work? Are we dead?" J-Hope asks and Jimin smacks him in the back of the head. "Ow! What was that for?"

    "Oh, you felt that? Good, that means you're alive." Jimin jokes. "As for you." He turns to Snigdha suddenly very serious. "What were you thinking! You could have killed all of us."

    "I-I..." Snigdha was having difficulty forming a coherent thought as the virus was making all of her thoughts fuzzy and she couldn't think clearly.

    "Don't be so hard on her." Iseul tells him as she leans down next to Snigdha and pats her gently on the back. Snigdha glares at her, knowing that she's cause of all this, but she can't seem to control her own tongue enough to speak.

    "Iseul is..." Snigdha starts, but sparks fly from her arms as she convulses and pain shoots through her body. "OW!" She screams.

    "Can't you see that the fall must have damaged her system. She's clearly not functioning at 100% right now. I think she needs to be repaired or... Rebooted." Iseul suggests.

    "Do you really think that's what she needs?" Jimin asks.

    "I n-need..." Snigdha struggles to sit up as the same message flashes across her eyes. 'Error! Error! Virus Detected! Shut down system? Yes or No?'

    "Yes." Iseul states, calmly. "Yes, she needs to shut down her system and restart it, or else she poses a threat to all of us."

    "Alright, then. Let's take her to V and have her looked at, as soon as we get back." Jimin tells the others and they nod as they move to carry Snigdha back. "Snigdha?" Jimin asks as he sets a hand on her back, which has lost all of its heat. "Snigdha!?" He shouts, suddenly surprised to see her not responding. "Something's wrong. We have to hurry." He picks Snigdha up while J-Hope carries her legs.

    "Wait!" Jin pipes up. "What should we do with him?" He points to Dr. Kim who's still tied up.

    Suga sighs, "I suppose we should help him." He and Jin run to his side and immediately untie him, removing the cloth from his mouth.

    "Ah, thank you boys. Thank you so much." He gets up and shakes their hands.

    "No, time for that now. We need to save Snigdha!" Jimin yells.

    "Actually, I think I can help." He tells them.

    "Really?" They all look at him in surprise.

    "Yes, but I'm going to need a lab to work in."

    They glance at each other nervously. "Can we trust him?" J-Hope asks.

    "As far as I can tell, he's not lying." Suga tells them.

    "Alright, if what he says is true, then he can come with us." Jimin states. "Let's go."

    They all run out of the room and meet the others back at BIG HIT entertainment.

~

    Hours later Dr. Kim emerges from the lab. "Well?" Jimin stands up. "Is she going to be ok?"

    "It will take som time to repair her." He informs them. "My son is working on it right now, but it seems that a virus has been causing her system to shut down for quite some time now."

    "A virus? How did she get a virus?" RapMon asks.

    "It could only have come from DK agency as the system is the same as the bomb that was put in Jing." He explains. "Speaking of Jing, I wasn't able to remove the bomb, because it's attached to her heart, but I think I was able to do something even better." He steps aside to let her walk in. Jing comes out of the room with what looks like a metal plate wrapped around her left arm, starting at the wrist and almost going all the way to her elbow. "I rewired the bomb to make a weapon that she can control. Why don't you demonstrate for them? Show them what you can do?" Dr. Kim encourages her and she nods, stepping forward shyly.

     She raises her left arm and from the metal plate rises, what looks like a small gun. She places her right hand over the metal plate to steady her arm and aims at the open window. A bright light begins to glow from the gun as she gathers her energy and fires. The red light shoots through the window and a loud explosion is heard as it hits a nearby tree.

    The boys all stare at her in astonishment, with their jaws hanging wide open. "Whoa! That's freaking awesome! You're like the terminator, but in a cute girl sized package." Jungkook laughs and runs up to hug her. She blushes at the sudden contact.

    "I am so glad she's on our side." J-Hope adds.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter