War of Hormone

The Red Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    As the music video comes to an end, the holographic billboard that sits in the center of the city, changes it's screen to read "That was 'Come Back Home' performed by 2NE1. Now back to your regularly scheduled program." The screen changes again as a female, robotic voice tells the citizens, "Good morning everyone, and welcome to Seoul, South Korea. The date today is December 19, 3014. The time is 19:00. The weather today is cloudy at -10 degrees Celsius. Be the first of your friends to enter 'Virtual Paradise' an escape from reality to the life you really want. Bored? Too much free time? Not feeling fulfilled in your life? Virtual Paradise will solve all of your problems, the world is limited only by your imagination. Simply step into our office and sign up with one of our representatives. Act fast and don't be the last. This hourly report is brought to you DK agency, the agency that serves and protects its people."

    Snigdha wakes up screaming and finds herself chained to a wall in some kind of cold and dark prison cell. She turns to her side and sees Fei and Iseul in the same position just a few feet away from her. They look weak and tired.

    "What happened?" Fei asks. "My memory files can't retrieve anything after I went looking for Jing."

    "That's because Jing is the culprit. She betrayed us." Iseul tells her, sounding bitter.

    "No! I refuse to believe that Jing is bad! She's been through so much with us! She's too innocent to do anything like this!" Snigdha argues, but in the back of her mind, she doesn't really believe it herself.

    "When are you going to wake up?" Iseul scoffs. "We were played and we never saw it coming, because we thought she was weak and kind. We overlooked her and now she and DK agency are going to kill us."

    "She would never." Snigdha states. "Besides, DK agency doesn't kill people, at least not usually. They just send you to the academy."

    "I think I'd rather die." Iseul looks down, not wanting to talk anymore.

    "How long was I out?" Snigdha asks, turning to Fei.

    "According to my internal clock, only a few hours. I believe the invasion is still going on, but without our communicators, we have no way of getting in contact with BTS." Fei informs her.

    "Then how are we going to get out of here?" Snigdha pulls on her chains, but it's no use. She groans angrily and huffs. "I just want to know why..." She sighs.

    "Why what?" Iseul asks, raising her head.

    "Why did Jing betray us!? I know she must have some reason! Some explanation!" Snigdha shouts.

    "Why did you listen to them?" Iseul asks, giving Snigdha a questioning look and she stays silent for a moment. Almost shocked at having been asked, but at the same time, curious herself, because she had forgotten that it was because of DK agency themselves that she had met BTS and joined their revolution.

    "Well, for awhile, when I first met them, I really had thought that they were the good guys. The ones that served and protected people like me. I thought I was helping the good guys when I went undercover to infiltrate BTS, who I thought were the bad guys, but after joining with them, I saw that it was the complete opposite and I lost sight of myself along the way." Snigdha explains. "I know that I can't fix the wrongs that I have caused, but if I had to do it all over again, I would, because meeting BTS was the best thing that could have ever happened to me."

    "That sounds familiar..." Fei mentions. "Didn't Jing say something similar when the bomb was going off?"

    "Oh, yeah. She did." Snigdha looks up. "Do you think she meant those words back then?"

    "Well, I can't read people's emotions like Suga can, but I can listen to their heartbeats and that's almost as good. As far as I can tell, she was telling the truth." Fei tells her.

    "So, there is still good in her!" Snigidha smiles. "She genuinely likes Jungkook, and because he's never given a reason to show that he doesn't like her back, there's still hope!"

    "Actually..." Iseul starts quietly, looking down as if she was ashamed. "I might have told her that Jungkook didn't really like her in an attempt to cause conflict within the group."

    "What!? Why would you do that!?" Snigdha yells.

    "Because I lost Jimin to you! I know it was wrong, but I hated seeing anyone in a happy relationship!" Iseul shouts back, before calming down and continuing. "Also... I thought that if cooperation between the members of the group broke down, then maybe the whole operation would fail, but J-Hope was right. They don't let petty things like that distract them."

    "They really are amazing in more ways than one..." Snigdha states.

    "If only we could contact them and let them know where we are."  Fei shakes her chains and looks around the room, but all she can see are jail cells and darkness.

    "How did you get involved with DK agency?" Snigdha suddenly asks a surprised Iseul, who looks down and sighs before speaking.

    "After I escaped Virtual Paradise, I met Minwoo, who showed me the girl who had stolen my life and offered me a chance to steal it back if I got rid of you and took down BTS." She admits. "He then offered me a seat on the council. a chance to work with the government, and I thought that maybe... Just maybe, I could change the country for the better if I took the offer, but of course they lied to me."

    "Change the country for the better? By working with the government? That's actually a pretty smart idea." Snigdha nods in understanding.

     "They would have never let her have a say in anything though." Fei tells her. "DK agency only consists of men, and the fact that she's only a teenager would have made her even less reliable in their eyes."

    "That makes sense..." Snigdha sighs again. "I guess the only way really is to take down DK agency completely. But right now that seems like an impossible goal."

    "We can't give up hope. BTS is still out there fighting and we have to believe in them." Fei says.

    "Right now this situation... Seems pretty hopeless..." Both Snigdha and Iseul hang their heads in despair, until they hear a jingle of keys and the sound of a metal door being opened.

    "Jing!?" Fei yells, causing Snigdha and Iseul to look up in shock.

    "Shh... I'm getting you out of here." She puts a finger to her lips to keep them quiet.

    "B-but why did you attack us in the first place?" Snigdha asks.

    "I'm really sorry about that, but I needed to put on a show for Dongwook. He can see and hear everything that goes on in this building, except for in here." She explains.

    "Put on a show?" Iseul asks, but she doesn't get an answer, because Jing is too preoccupied with finding the right keys.

    "You have to get out of here." Jing tells them as she unlocks their chains. They each fall to the floor and rub their wrists to alleviate the pain.

    "You're not coming with us?" Snigdha looks at her surprised.

    "I can't." She looks down. "I have to stay here and keep Dongwook distracted. If I go missing, he'll know something's up. Now get out of here!" She pushes them all out of the cell, but Iseul refuses to move.

    "Wait a minute!" She yells and puts her foot down. "I'm not leaving until I get a straight answer! Why did you need to put on a show!? Why does Dongwook have a framed picture of you on his desk!? Why are you working for him in the first place when you know that he's an evil, lying, conniving and dirty son of a-!"

    "Because..." Jing cuts her off, her voice trembling. "He's my father."

~

    "RapMon! I've lost all contact with the girls! I have no idea where they are or what's going on!" Jin shouts into his earpiece.

    "Stay calm!" RapMon tells him. "The invasion is going well so far and we will find them. I'm sure they're alright and-!" He's interrupted when he looks up to see hundreds of men in riot gear running out of the building. "Their troops are coming out! It's go time people!" RapMon announces as Jimin and Jungkook get into position with the rest of the rebellion.

    "RapMon! We're outnumbered! There's no way we can beat them, even with our weapons!" Jungkook shouts as DK's troops take out several of their people quickly and easily.

    "Ugh! I didn't make enough adjustments to the weapons! I'm so sorry guys!" V groans in frustration.

    "No! It's not your fault, V." Jin tells him. "They've had more training than us and they're using non-tech based weaponry that seems to be stronger than we had anticipated."

    "Then we'll just have to fight fire with fire." RapMon snarls as he picks up a lead pipe and uses it to knock a baseball bat out of one of the soldier's hands. He smiles as he gains momentum and takes out three more soldiers, but is knocked down when a soldier hits his blindspot. He finds himself on the ground with a bleeding lip.

    "Hey, need a hand?" He hears a familiar raspy voice as a hand is held out to help him up. He takes it and chuckles as he stands.

    "Never thought I'd see you again, Zico." RapMon laughs, wiping the blood off his chin.

    "Well, we are all fighting for the same cause, are we not?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow. "And don't think that just because you won the battle, means you've won the war."

    "Hey, I'm always up for a little competition. Wanna see how many soldiers my team can take out compared to your team?" RapMon asks with a smirk.

    "I'll bet on that, kid." Zico smiles as he grabs a gun and it. "See ya on the battlefield." He his lips and runs into the fray with his own team behind him shooting wildly and shouting with glee.

    "Man, those guys are crazy." Suga chuckles into his earpiece.

    "I like 'em." V states with a smile.

    "Focus, men. We don't want to fall behind now." RapMon tells them as he takes his lead pipe and hits a soldier so hard, their helmet flies off.

~

    "What do you mean he's your father!?" Iseul gasps. "Did he raise you to be some kind of spy from the moment you were born? Are you like a super soldier or an assassin? Did he-?"

    "He didn't want anything to do with me!" Jing silences her, with tears threatening to fall. "After my mother died, he knew that having a child would ruin his image so he sent me to an orphanage where I grew up. Years later, the orphanage burned down, but I was the only one that survived. I lived off of the only food and water I could find for years, that is until... BTS rescued me."

    "And you've been with them ever since." Fei states and Jing nods.

    "When Jungkook and I were kidnapped by Dr. Kim, he gave me a message from my father that basically stated, that if I didn't do as I was told, I would die." She tells them.

    "So does he...?" Snigdha trails off and Jing shakes her head.

    "He never said who the message was from, so I don't think he knows that Dongwook is my father."

    "How do you think Dongwook found out that you were with BTS?" Iseul asks.

    "He has eyes everywhere, he probably saw her and Jungkook when they were walking together." Snigdha states.

    "Jungkook was with you, does he know?" Fei asks.

    "No, he was unconscious at the time." Jing tells her.

    "So, putting the bomb inside of you was Dongwook's warning that he was telling the truth." Iseul states.

    "Yes, and I was so afraid of putting Jungkook and the rest of you in danger, that I knew I had to do something to gain his trust. So I attacked Fei and Snigdha." Jing admits. "I thought that if it looked like you two were out of commission, then Dongwook wouldn't continue searching for you and you could sneak out while I keep him distracted."

    "That's a good plan and all, but you're missing one thing." Snigdha says as she places a hand on Jing's shoulder.

    "What's that?" Jing asks.

    "You're not doing this alone. We're all here for you." Fei tells her and Iseul nods in agreement.

    "I've got a lot I need to make up for." Iseul mutters. "So I hope you'll let me help you."

    "You're really willing to risk your lives... To help me?" Jing looks at them in astonishment, before tears begin to fall down her cheeks.

    "Aw, you always were such a crybaby." Snigdha chuckles as she and the others pull Jing into a hug.

    After a few moments, "Alright, now that Jing has calmed down, I think it's time for a strategy plan. Iseul?" Fei turns to her.

    "Well, as far as Dongwook knows, we're still in this prison cell, so instead of an escape plan, like Jing had originally planned for us, I think we should hit Dongwook where it really hurts. Which is the wall that separates Uptown and Downtown." Iseul smiles. "I say we tear it down."

    "We can do that from here!?" Snigdha's eyes widen.

    "The whole structure is controlled and monitored from his office on the top floor. If we can get in there, we can shut down the wall and expose the whole country to what he's been hiding. They'll lose all trust in him and the government." Iseul tells her.

    "The hard part will be getting into his office." Fei states.

    "Actually, I think I know how." Jing raises her hand and smiles.

~

    "Oh! Guys! I have a visual on the girls. It looks like they were captured and now they're being taken to DK's office by... Is that Jing!?" Jin shouts into his earbud, sounding very confused.

    "What!? No, that's not possible." Jungkook states in disbelief.

    "Unless she betrayed us..." Jimin crosses his arms, looking very upset.

    "There's no way she could have." Jungkook tells him.

    "Just because she's your girlfriend, doesn't make her innocent." Jimin points angrily at the him.

    "She's not my- I mean, we're kind of taking a break right now, I think." Jungkook sighs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter