Beautiful - Adult Child

The Red Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   "Good morning everyone, and welcome to Seoul, South Korea. The date today is December 11, 3014. The time is 12:00. The weather today is sunny at 2 degrees Celsius. Be the first of your friends to enter 'Virtual Paradise' an escape from reality to the life you really want. Bored? Too much free time? Not feeling fulfilled in your life? Virtual Paradise will solve all of your problems, the world is limited only by your imagination. Simply step into our office and sign up with one of our representatives. Act fast and don't be the last. This hourly report is brought to you DK agency, the agency that serves and protects its people."

    "When will they stop promoting that stupid ad?" Iseul asks no one in particular as she travels the streets of Seoul. "Now where is that little shop that Jin-oppa mentioned? Didn't he say that it was around here?"

    Iseul pulls out her phone to call Jin when she passes by a little cafe where 4 boys are sitting. "Whoa, did you see that girl just now?" She hears them whisper.

    "Who is that? Do you think she has a boyfriend?"

    "Jin-oppa? Are you there?" She asks.

    "Hey, girl, can I get your number?" One of them slides up next to her.

    "Boys..." She rolls her eyes, but stops when she sees that it's Jungkook. "Jungkook?" She tilts her head, looking confused.

    "Oh, hey, Iseul." He smiles. "If you're my religion, can I call you she-sus?"

    She looks at him even more confused, "Are you flirting with me?"

    Jungkook doesn't say a word, but instead he breaks into a rap and Iseul can't help but smile at his words. "A normal guy like me doesn't fit your standards, so I pretended to be your friend and hid my feelings when I was near you, but damn, you're enticing. I can't control myself. While watching you, my head goes bing, bing. You're a pool full of beauty and I want to dive in it. Girl, I'm so K.O. I don't think I can continue being your friend."

    "You're beautiful." Jimin sings, pushing Jungkook aside. "Don't we look good together? Always imagine it like this, you be with me, with me." Iseul sighs happily.

    "You’re beautiful." Jungkook sings, tossing Jimin aside.

    "Jungkook?" Iseul asks.

    "What will we be like together?" He continues to sing.

    "But we can't be together. I'm dating Jimin." Iseul states.

    "I always imagine it like this. You be with me with me."

    "What is going on?" Iseul wonders when J-Hope jumps up from behind her and starts rapping, while pulling her into a little shop.

    "The start was at dance class, I took interest in you after hearing rumors, but when I saw you, I lost my mind."

    "What? We never took a dance class together." Iseul knits her brows together. "Oh, hey, this must be the shop that Jin was talking about."

    "My heart is like a keyboard. Trying hard to be cool, not giving you a single glance to protect my ego, but your words hit me like a bowling ball. My heart is hit by a strike, like a bowling pin. Following the number exchange, is an all-night texting session." J-Hope continues to rap.

    "Wow, there's actually a lot of cool stuff in here." Iseul thinks as she looks around. "Is this boy still going on?" 

    "My feelings for you keep getting better than better, but I can’t figure out how you feel about me. I hear 'She has a boyfriend' I guess all girls are the same, all uniform. It’s a one-sided love, but it’s still beautiful."

    "You don't have feelings for me." Iseul tells him as she backs away.

    "You’re beautiful." Jungkook sings again. "Don’t we look good together? I always imagine it like this. You be with me with me."

     "You’re beautiful." V sings.

    "Oh, no, V... Not you, too." She sighs as he grabs her hand and holds it in his.

    "What will we be like together? I always imagine it like this. You be with me with me." He sings and then the boys stand around her as if begging her to choose them.

    "You expect me to choose one of you?" She asks them. "Well, of course I'd choose my boyfriend Jimin." She tells herself, but for some reason her eyes pass over him and land on V, and while she's wondering why, V assumes that because she's staring at him a second longer than the others, she chooses him. He runs forward happily and hugs her. "What!?" Her eyes widen and she pushes him away. "This isn't right." She says and walks away.

    "You messed up, man!" J-Hope scolds him.

    "I thought she liked me!" He says defensively.

    "What was that all about?" Iseul asks herself as she's walking past the streets again. "Something's not right here... Why did I hesitate to choose Jimin? Why were they flirting? Why am I... Still in Seoul when two weeks have passed by since my birthday?" She looks up at the holographic billboard that displays the time and date and suddenly glares when the screen changes to promote 'Virtual Paradise' just like it does everyday. "I have to get out of here."  

    Iseul starts running towards the nearest screen that displays the 'Virtual Paradise' sign and picks up a rock, smashing it against the screen. A white light shines through the cracks in the screen and the shards fall, revealing a doorway.

    "Warning! Warning!" Robotic voices scream. "Subject #108 has become self-aware! Warning! Warning! The program must be shut down!"

    "You're damn right it does!" She says as she crawls through the doorway and finds herself in a pure white room, surrounded by several men in white riot gear.

    "Subject #108 has become self-aware! Restrain her at all costs!"

    Iseul cracks her neck and pounds her fists. "Let's get this over with."

~

    "Thanks for fixing me." Snigdha is sitting on a desk while V repairs the synthetic skin material on her arm.

    "It doesn't hurt, right?" V asks.

    "No, my pain receptors aren't online, thankfully." She says.

    "Oh, really? I'll fix that next." He tells her while he finishes up.

    "You can take your time with that." She jokes. While he moves to the table to switch tools, she looks over and notices Jimin and the others looking somewhat tense. "Are they still mad at me?" She asks.

    He glances over his shoulder and sees their expressions. "Nah, I just think they need some time, that's all."

    "You really think so?" She sighs, not believing him. "Why aren't you mad at me?" She turns to him and he gives her a blank look.

    "Why would I be?" He asks.

    "Well, I did lie to all of you and there's a possibility I could have killed you." She tells him, but he just smiles before continuing to work.

    "I don't think you would have hurt me or the others." He says, slowly cutting an opening by her ear to access her neural transmitter.

    "What do you mean that?" She tilts her head so that he has a better angle.

    "I think you like us too much to hurt us." He laughs, causing her to blush a little.

    "I have no idea what you're talking about." She huffs and he just giggles continuously while continuing to repair her.

    In the next room over, Jing is sitting with Jungkook while Fei re-applies bandages and medicine to the rest of the boys' wounds. Most of the injuries that they sustained that day have healed, but Fei feels responsible for them and has a tendency to be overprotective.

    "You're pretty good at this." RapMon tells her as she wraps gauze around his arm.

    "My primary function is to protect and serve BTS. Dr. Kim programmed me to be able to heal any wound to the best of my capabilities and to prevent any further injury." Fei explains.

    "When she talks like that, she seems more like a robot than Snigdha does." J-Hope adds.

    "Well, she is programmed differently than Snigdha, but usually you can't really tell." Suga says.

    "Yeah, as crazy as he was, Dr. Kim did a really good job at making them human-like." Jin states.

    "Hey, Jungkook..." Jing starts quietly.

    "Hm? What is it?" He turns to her.

    "I've been wondering, you guys said that you were having a concert that you were preparing for awhile ago, but ever since your manager..." She pauses, not wanting to say it. "Ever since the incident, you haven't had any activities as idols."

    "Ah, yeah, that's right... That's probably because we don't have a manager at the moment. They probably only just discovered that he was dead recently." He tells her.

    "When we get a new manager, he most likely won't be any different. He'll prepare schedules for us, times to meet with fans and watch over us when we train." RapMon explains. "We'll go back to our normal schedule, the concert will be postponed, but it'll be a lot of work when we start preparing for that again."

    "No." Fei suddenly stands. "I cannot allow you to continue training in your current condition. The best thing for you to do is to rest and focus on getting better."

    "Fei... We understand that it's in your programming to protect us, but don't you think that's a little excessive?" Jin asks.

    "We did just survive an explosion. I wouldn't mind a little extra downtime." J-Hope says, stretching out his limbs and leaning back in his recliner.

    "Hey, now that we know that Fei is on our side and that she lives to serve and protect us, don't you think she'd make a good manager?" RapMon asks.

    "She's not much older than us though, wait... Do robots even have ages? How old are you?" Suga looks at her curiously.

    "Well... I was created in 3010, so... About 4 years." Fei states.

    "Eh!?" Everyone shouts in surprise.

    "Snigdha is even younger, she was created in 3012 so she's about 2 years old." Fei tells them. "But I believe she and I were designed to be about 16 and 18 years old respectively."

    "So, what do you say? Wanna be our manager?" RapMon asks.

    "Gladly." She smiles. "My first act as manager is to extend your hiatus until you are better."

    "Yahoo!" Jungkook laughs and smiles as he stretches and loops an arm around Jing's shoulder. She blushes at the contact and just smiles quietly.

    "Jing, I can't help but notice that your heartbeat is irregular." Fei tells her.

    "Is that bad?" Jing asks.

    "Well, it could be problematic, would you like me to do a diagnostic scan?" 

    "Ah, s-sure, I guess..." She says hesitantly. Fei's eyes glow slightly as she scans Jing. It only takes a few seconds, before she blinks and stares at Jing with wide eyes. "Well?" She looks at her curiously. "Is anything wrong with me?"

    "Ah, no... Everything is in perfect condition." Fei tells her, but her facial expression says otherwise.

    "That's good." Jing smiles and looks down happily.

    "May I speak with you privately?" Fei asks, looking at RapMon and Jungkook. They glance at her nervously before getting up and following her around the corner. "I'm afraid I have some bad news..." She looks at Jing to make sure she can't hear before turning back to the boys. "I, um... Found something... Inside Jing that's not supposed to be there."

    "Is she sick? Is it a virus?" Jungkook begins to panic.

    "No, no. It's not anything like that." She tells him.

    "Then what is it?" RapMon asks.

    "It's a bomb... Attached to her heart." Fei says and the room goes silent. "I had to tell you privately so as not to scare her."

    "Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter