N.O.

The Red Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "I'm sure there's another way that we can save her..." Snigdha says as she tries to convince the boys to change their minds. "I mean, Jing wouldn't want you risking your lives for her. Just think rationally for a moment and..."

    Suga squints his eyes when he notices a figure on the roof of the building next door. He doesn't think anything of it at first, but when he sees something else, his eyes widen in fright as he realizes that it's a bullet heading straight for Snigdha. "Iseul!" He shouts. "Duck!" But she's too surprised by the sudden command to move and just as the bullet breaks the glass of the window, Suga pushes her out of the way and the bullet hits him. He lands on the floor with a heavy thud and Snigdha screams when she sees how much blood is on the floor.

    "Dammit!" Fei swears as she packs up her gun and runs off the roof to avoid being seen.

    "Suga! Suga, say something! Speak to me!" Snigdha yells as she holds his face between her hands, but no response.

    "He's out cold." RapMon states. "Come on, if we act fast, maybe we can get him to a hospital in time." RapMon leans down as the others help maneuver Suga onto his back. They support him as they all rush to get to their van.

    "Iseul...?" Suga says weakly as the van bumps slightly. His head is resting on her lap while she's holding his hand to check his pulse.

    "Suga!? Oh, Suga... Everything's going to be alright, just stay calm..." She tells him.

    "Who did this to you?" Jungkook asks.

    "It was..." He struggles to speak.

    "Shh... You should rest. It can wait..." Snigdha shushes him.

    "No, it can't." He coughs. "It was Fei." He manages to spit out and everyone looks at him in shock.

    "No... Are you sure?" Jimin asks.

    Suga nods. "I saw her... On the roof... Right before the bullet was shot... She was aiming... For you..." He turns to look at Snigdha.

    "Me!? But she said she was..." Snigdha bit her tongue, afraid to reveal too much. "I trusted her."

    "We all did." Jungkook leans against the van with a frustrated expression. "I wonder if she has anything to do with Jing's kidnapping?"

    "Jing..." Snigdha thinks back to what she said in the phone call. Her kidnapper is one of the boys... They're working with the man that tried to kill her and now... Fei is trying to kill her... Snigdha shakes her head in frustration. "Nothing makes sense anymore..."

    "Iseul..." Suga tries to speak again, but Snigdha just silences him.

    "Save your strength... We're almost there." She tells him.

    Soon they reach the hospital and doctors and nurses rush to get him to the emergency room. "We're going to take good care of him." The doctor tells them. "Please wait here."

    They all nod and quietly take their seats in the waiting room, but Jungkook can't sit still for long. It's only a few moments of bouncing his leg, before he suddenly stands up and groans angrily. "I can't just sit and wait here while Jing is in trouble!"

    "But we don't even know where she is..." RapMon tells him. "We don't even know where to start looking..."

    "Well, we can't just sit here all day! I'm going to go find her whether you guys help me or not!" He says as he starts storming out, but before he can even make it out the door, they open up to reveal Fei standing there.

    "You!" Snigdha screams when she sees Fei. "What are you doing here!?" She jumps out of her chair and grabs Fei by the collar of her shirt. "This is all your fault! First Jing is kidnapped and now Suga is dying because of you! What do you have to say for yourself!?"

    She doesn't respond, instead she pulls out a gun and Jimin runs forward to pull Snigdha out of the way. She fires and everyone ducks, but when Snigdha opens her eyes, she realizes that it wasn't her that Fei was aiming for.

    "Jungkook!?" V screams and Snigdha turns in horror to see the boy's head is missing. Her fright soon turns to confusion when she sees that instead of blood, beneath the neck is wires and bolts.

    "I came to warn you about him." She points at the robot Jungkook. "And to tell you that I know where Jing is. She wasn't the only one that was kidnapped. They took both of them and planned on using 'that' to distract you from where they really are."

    "Why should we trust you?" J-Hope yells.

    "Yeah, you shot Suga. How can we believe anything you say after that!?" Jimin shouts.

    "I want to see him..." Fei says quietly as she looks down.

    "What?" Snigdha forces her to repeat herself. "What did you just say?"

    "Please... Let me see him..." She pleads.

    "You have some nerve." RapMon stomps over to her and glares. He threatens to punch her and she flinches back, but he stops and turns when he hears the doors open.

    Fei hesitantly opens one eye to see Suga, lying on a hospital bed with an IV drip in his hand. "Yoongi..." She breathes out his name, sounding relieved.

    "Don't hurt her." Suga tells them.

    "How can you say that after she shot you!?" Jimin asks.

    "She didn't mean to hit me, she just grazed my shoulder. I'm going to be fine." He groans as he struggles to sit up.

    "Stop! Don't move!" Snigdha and Fei both run up to gently push him back down. Snigdha glares at Fei from across the hospital bed and Fei looks away, shame written across her face.

    "Look, the longer we sit here and argue, the longer Jing and Jungkook are missing." RapMon reminds them. "If Fei really is telling the truth, we should follow her."

    "But what if she's lying?" Jin asks.

    "We'll have to trust her anyway. She's the only lead we have." RapMon turns to look at Fei, but he still seems pretty angry. "You better be telling the truth." He growls. "Because if you're lying..." He doesn't finish his sentence. Instead he turns to Jimin who nods and kicks what's left of robot Jungkook's body, smashing it into pieces.

    "I understand." She states somewhat nervously. 

    "Then lead the way." He orders.

    "I'm coming too." Suga tries sitting up again.

    "Are you kidding!? You just got shot!" Snigdha shouts. "You are staying in bed until you fully recover!"

    "But without me, you're short two men." Suga argues.

    "Excuse you, but I think I am worth 10 men." Snigdha tells him.

    "Heh." Jimin chuckles. "I don't think that's something to brag about."

    "Whatever. You're staying in bed." She tells Suga. "And we're heading out."

    Suga sighs before admitting defeat and laying back down. He glances at Fei before she leaves. "I'm sorry." She says one last time and runs out the door.

~

    After following Fei, for what seems like ages, the group suddenly finds themselves in front of a large building. Almost a skyscraper.

    "Hey, this is where my dad works." V suddenly states.

    "And what does your dad do again?" Jin asks.

    "He never really told me, I think it has something to do with robotics... Or was it genetics?" He mumbles to himself.

    "Are you sure this is the place?" RapMon asks.

    "Certain." Fei tells him.

    "How do you know?" Jimin asks.

    "Because I put a tracking device on all of you." Fei says right before exiting the car.

    The boys all look at each other for a second then quickly inspect their clothing for any sign of a tracking device.

    "It's not on your clothes!" She yells.

    "Come on, we can deal with this later." Snigdha smacks RapMon behind the head. "We've got to rescue Jungkook and Jing."

    "Right." They all follow Fei as she leads them inside the building. 

    "Excuse me, but is Dr. Kim working tonight?" V asks the woman at the front desk.

    "Dr. Kim doesn't see anyone without an appointment." The woman says without looking away from her computer screen.

    "But he's my dad." V pouts childishly.

    "Dr. Kim doesn't see anyone without an appointment." The woman repeats sounding less patient by the minute.

    "What kind of father doesn't take time out of his busy schedule to see his own son?" Snigdha scoffs.

    "Let's go, I know another way in." Fei pulls her along.

~

    "This is your 'way in'?" J-Hope asks, sounding irritated as he and the rest of the group are crawling on their hands and knees through an air vent.

    "Got any better ideas, Hoseok?" Fei grumbles.

    "How'd you know my real name?" J-Hope looks up in surprise.

    "I did research on all of you." Fei simply states.

    "Someone did her homework." Jin says sarcastically.

    "You're not really part of DK agency, are you?" Snigdha interrupts.

    "No, I'm not." Fei tells her.

    "So, why'd you lie? Who's side are you on? Why all the secrecy? What are you hiding!?" Snigdha keeps asking questions, until Fei finally shushes her.

    "We're here." She whispers and points down. Below them is an open vent and underneath, they see Jing and Jungkook locked in a cage together. They're surrounded by electrical circuits and computer boards displaying temperatures, times, and other complicated things that Snigdha could never wrap her head around. Fei unscrews the bolts around the opening and gently lifts it up, so she makes as little noise as possible. "Follow me." She tells them as she slowly lowers herself onto the floor. Once everyone is outside of the vent, they move as quietly as they can to get closer to the cage.

    "Psst! Jing! Jungkook!" Snigdha whispers loudly so that they can hear her.

    "Sni-I mean Iseul!" Jing jumps up. "Where are you?"

    "Over here! Don't worry! We're going to get you out!" She tells them.

    "No! You have to get out of here! Leave us!" Jing shouts.

    "What!?" Snigdha can't believe what she's hearing.

    "It's a trap! We're just bait! He's really after you!" Jungkook yells.

    "Who is?" Snigdha reaches out to touch them, but an electrical field powers up and surrounds her and the others.

    "Well, well, well... If it isn't my son and his friends." A man steps towards them. As he gets closer, they can see that his eye isn't human. It's merely a red light and his arms and legs are replaced with mechanical limbs.

    "Dad!?" V exclaims.

    "That's your dad!?" J-Hope asks. "He looks like he's half robot."

    "Isn't everyone's dad part robot?" V looks at the others confused and they simply shake their heads no.

    "And Snigdha... It's so good to see you again." Dr. Kim points his laser eye at the girl.

    "M-me!?" She stutters.

    "Who's Snigdha!? And why are you looking at my little sister like that!?" Jin shouts.

    "Oh, my dear boy... You can't even tell the difference between a robot and your own sister?" Dr. Kim shakes his head as if he's disappointed.

    "A... Robot...?" Snigdha looks at her own hands as if she can't believe that they're not human flesh. "But I can feel human emotions... I can feel pain... I have memories of my parents and our trips to China together..."

    "I know. You were the best cyborg that I had ever created. I even gave you memories of the real Snigdha to make you more human-like." He says proudly.

    "So if this robot is Snigdha, then where is my sister!?" Jin asks.

    "She's... With DK agency..." Snigdha tells them, looking away.

    "What!?" Jimin runs forward and threatens to beat Snigdha, but RapMon holds him back.

    "Let's hear her out." RapMon tells him and Jimin glares at him, before huffing and moving to the corner to cool off.

    "I was sent to retrieve a file that was stolen from DK agency and to kill the thief, but for some reason... After getting to know you guys... And growing closer to you... I realized that I just couldn't do it... I can't kill someone... That I'm in love with..." Tears are falling down her face.

    "Oh, but you are capable of killing. I've seen it first hand." Dr. Kim states.

    "It was an accident!" Snigdha cries. "I didn't mean to! I'm so sorry..." She slides down while holding her head in pain. Her tears soaking her shirt.

    "Who did you kill?" RapMon asks.

    "I killed the real Snigdha..." She says quie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter