Chapter 3

Teaching A Fawn
It was his eyes spoke to him, getting the latter to agree.
 
Jongin slowly got up, still not prying his eyes away from the male in front of him who was still on the ground and was not doing a good job by hiding himself behind a basket full of berries.
 
"I didn't mean to scare you," Jongin says as he holds out his hand to help the other get up, but instead the petite male scurried backwards, obviousy afraid of him, now awkwardly put his hand down.
 
Luhan didn't dare look away from the brown-skinned man, he didn't know what the other was cabable of doing he fears that if he turns the other way the Wolf would get him.
 
Not knowing what to do, Luhan sees a rock and by insticnt threw it towards the male, hitting him on the shoulder.
 
"Ow!" Jongin yelps, rubbing his shoulder, shooting a look at the petite man in front of him, 'What was that for?' He wanted to say but instead it came out as a soft growl.
 
Luhan took the few seconds he got to stand up and backed up against a shrub, now terrified of what the other might do, "W-What are y-you doing here, W-Wolf?" He inquires in a stern voice, trying his best not to stutter.
 
Jongin slightly cringes at the word 'Wolf' before he opened his mouth to speak, "Hunting, what else?" He couldn't help but keep staring at the fawn in front of him. Maybe that was why the Pack leaders warned them about these Fawns? Was it the way you couldn't take your eyes off of them made them a kind to avoid?
 
Luhan takes in a sharp breath of air the moment he hears the Wolf in front of him mention the word 'Hunting', closing his eyes shut, accepting the fact that his time was up, "J-Just do it then." Luhan lowers the basket in his hand and stood straight.
 
Jongin on the other hand had to blink a few times only understanding the little situation once he saw how solemn and ready the other looked. He silently scoffed at the Fawn before saying, "I'm not going to kill you."
 
Luhan bit his lower lip, waiting for the call of death but his eyes fluttered open when he heard what the Wolf had to say, "Y-You're n-not?" He questions, a bit baffled.
 
Jongin arched a brow, he wasn't that merciless, perhaps if it was Chanyeol, Baekhyun or probably Kyungsoo, they would've taken out the gorgeous Fawn within a blink, but not Jongin who considered every decision, "Not all wolves just kill-on-sight you know? Some even know about Love and contemplating on other things like adventure or experience." Well at least just me.
 
Luhan blinked once after hearing what the tanned-skin male had to say, he had spoken words that caught Luhan's attention, especially 'Love' and 'Adventure'. Luhan didn't think that a ruthless being such as he would know of these things. Maybe they weren't exactly what they told us about, maybe this was my chance to learn more about the world, just at least before I come of age.
 
Jongin stood there as the innocent male seemed to be wandering his thoughts, he heaved a quiet sigh, deciding he should go and continue with his hunt.
 
"W-Wait!" Luhan uttered in a soft manner but it was loud enough for Jongin to hear, causing him to stop and turn his head towards the petite male. Luhan gulped, "Y-You know a-about Love?" He cautiously took a step forward, wanting to know more.
 
Jongin blinked at the unexpected question but answered either way, "In fact, I do. Is it shocking to see that I, a wolf, would know such a thing?" Jongin repeated himself as he stared at the Fawn who's skin glimmered underneath the sunlight. Gorgeous.
 
"I-Indeed it i-is." Luhan nodded his head towards the bronze skinned male. It was an unusual matter but it was probably because he had never met a Wolf before and would only hear terrible, terrifying stories about them as a child.
 
The Fawn thought long and hard until he finally spoke again, "W-Would you teach me...? T-Teach me about L-love a-and possibly a-adventure as well?"
 
Jongin again, was taken aback by this request, he knitted his brows examining the unknown Fawn in front of him. Why would such a beautiful being ask of that from him? Especially when he was not of their kind, do they not know more about this than he did?  Did they not know more about Love? He took in a deep breath before he responding, "Are you willing to take that risk, Little Fawn?" He wanted to make sure that this wasn't some kind of joke to make a fool of himself.
 
Luhan nibbled on his lower lip, contemplating on the issue, it was rather odd that a Fawn such as himself would ask another kind for help, but what else could he do? He didn't want to spend the rest of his life not knowing how the world was or to find out what love truely was, and spend his days with Sehun. Luhan swallowed and nodded firmly, "Y-Yes I am."  

Jongin took another good long stare into Luhan's eyes, he could see the determination and the longingness to experience such a thing and maybe that's why he agreed when he said, "May I know your name then?"
 
"It's..." Luhan paused wondering if he should mention his name though if the Wolf was going to actually help him learn the least he could do was say his name, right? "It's Luhan." He says slowly.
 
"Luhan..." Jongin muttered, liking the way the Fawn's name rolled off his tongue and repeated Luhan's name over and over again in his head. "I am Jongin," He replies accidentally giving out his real name instead. Idiot. He wasn't supposed to say his real name, but he couldn't help it, especially not when he stared into those eyes.
 
"Jongin..." The Fawn muttered, he thought the name suited the Wolf well. Luhan was still lost in thought due to the fact that he'd been staring at Jongin for a little longer though they were both pulled into reality at the sound of a distant wolf howl.
 
Jongin snaps his head towards the sound, "I need to go now," He says not wanting to delay his arrival to meet the others. "The River." He began to walk away.
 
"W-What?" Luhan asked, not knowing why Jongin had mentioned the river, "W-What about the river?" 
 
"Meet me there while the moon is still at it's peak." Jongin briefly says not wasting another second as he sprints towards the direction where he heard the howl, and for once, an actual smile appears on his face as he disappears into the forest.
 
"Luhan!
 
Luhan jumps a little turns his head to the other way and sees Sehun standing there with eyebrows knitted. Oh no, Did he see me speak with the Wolf? He slightly panicked when the other approached him with long, quick strides.
 
"We need to go. Now." Sehun commands, and Luhan slightly feels at ease knowing it wasn't about the Wolf. Maybe he didn't see. 
 
Before Luhan could ask why they were returning home so soon, Sehun was already dragging him back to the village along with Xiumin and Yixing who were following them quietly.
 
-
 
"Sulli's gone!" Luhan's mother weeped, hugging her son close. Sulli was one of his mother's close friend's daughter, she was a sweet fawn who seemed to always be happy no matter what, she was also one of the many who have successfully shape-shifted into their Doe form, or Deer in a male's case. 
 
"W-What do you mean by 'Gone'?" Luhan whispers whilst rubbing his mother's back in comfort, not understanding the situation.
 
"S-She...T-They..." His mother sobbed not being able to continue her sentence, still confused as to why his mother would sob like this, so he decided to just wait until she could calm down or at least until her sobbing lessened. 
 
"Mother, are you alright? What happened?" Luhan wiped his mother's tears away, he didn't like it when his mother cried because he feels like he can't do anything to help except comfort her. 
 
His mother takes a deep breath before speaking, "Sulli... S-She.. the Wolves..." Luhan tenses as his mother mentions about the Wolves.
 
"What... What about the Wolves?" 
 
"They killed her Luhan! They took her away!" She breaks into tears once more only to wipe them away while telling Luhan to get ready for a funeral ceremony.
 
That night the village mourned for the death of Sulli, and that night, Luhan could not get rid of the sick feeling that is beginning to form in the pit of his stomach as he stared at the moon slowly rising to it's peak. 
 

And viola, chapter three guys~! I would like to thank all those who have subscribed so far, and miesya, clang2 and blueberrygossip for commenting so far ^^; And to those silent readers I thank you guys too~ ^^ My exams are almost over, just two more days! until freedom! Keke~

-Hikakin