Chapter 1

Teaching A Fawn
He was not like the other Fawns.
 
Luhan is a twenty-two year old male, he had flawless white skin and brown chestnut hair, sharp features, caramel colored eyes that turned silver whenever he felt a deep emotion. He appears to be like any other Fawn out there. Except for the fact that he hasn't come of age and has not yet earned the little antlers that are supposed to be sticking out of his head.
 
However despite looking like an ordinary Fawn, Luhan didn't really feel like he belonged. Ever since he was a young fawnling, while the others would play it safe by having fun around the meadow, Luhan felt bored by this and thought that climbing trees, jumping over logs, skipping on stones to get across the otherside of the stream, in general anything that would endanger their own lives. Why did he never try this? It's because he didn't want to disgrace his parents as 'The fawnling who decided to endanger his own life.'
 
"Luhan, don't you have to collect berries with Sehun and the others today?" Luhan's mother questioned in her usual soft spoken voice. Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and glanced back at his mother, who was smiling at him warmly. Although they could collect berries on their own, they just preferred to do it in groups, it was much safer that way. "Is something the matter?" She asked, a worried look now on her face.
 
Luhan shook his head, letting his lips curl up a little as he got up from the little stump he was sitting on. "No, I'm alright mother. I'll be going now, see you when I get back."
 
"Goodbye and remember, you have to keep in mind who you'd like to have as your mate." She whispered while tapping Luhan's nose gently, "Go on now, I'll see you by supper."
 
Luhan wore a thin white material over his body since he felt a little conservative, unlike the other Fawns who had their chest uncovered and only their lower region covered, to possibly show off their already flawless skin. Besides, he made this one on his own out from all the cotton plants that he found near the marshlands while his parents were by the meadow.
 
Luhan quietly left their hollow tree, which was what their homes were made of — a huge space inside the bark of a tree, it had furniture, of course most of the funiture were wood carved in perfect detail and only a dangling cloth to serve as a door — Luhan then made his way towards where Sehun and the others would be.
 
He was thankful that Yixing, a close friend of his, was also quite conservative and so the both of them wore clothing whereas Xiumin, Yixing's assumed partner, and Sehun, the man that Luhan's parents hope for, wore only wore a white material called 'pants' to cover their lower part. 
 
"So I assume you're all ready to leave for your second berry collecting for this month?" Chen, one of the herd leaders spoke as he gave them the precautions that they should take whenever they leave the herd, most of it  involved not going near another being who had tanned skin, pointed furry ears, for they were 'Wolves', a dangerous kind and are not to be approached.
 
"Yes we are." The four replied in unison after listening to what Chen has had to say, as they now set off to venture the forest to collect the berries.
 
They had been walking for a while now and to Luhan, leaving the village excited him the most as this was one of those times where they would walk and explore, even though they had an allocated path, Luhan imagined that he was venturing away into another place, a place that would give him thrills, a place that would —
 
"Luhan watch out!" Sehun pulled back Luhan who almost ran into a huge spider web. Sehun was pressing Luhan's head against his chest in a protective manner, while Luhan just blinked and slowly pulled away.
 
"O-Oh... I-I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention. T-Thank you for saving me." Luhan bowed his head a little, not wanting to offend the man who just  'saved' his life, before scurrying beside Yixing who had gently nudged his side with the basket that they used for berry collecting.
 
Sehun let out a sigh, before a tiny and rather faint smile appeared on his face though his eyebrows were still furrowed, "Just stick to the path the Herd leaders have marked, they decided this path for a reason." He spoke in a firm tone though his voice still soft, then trailed after Xiumin.  
 
"What were you thinking?! If Sehun didn't stop you right there, you could've been stuck in that web and who knows how we can get you out! You do remember those webs are terribly sticky!" Yixing scolded Luhan in a hushed manner and could only nod his head, of course it's not like he can say much about it anyway.
 
He really didn't want to be stuck in that web especially when he knows it's impossible to be free of and spiders around the forest was something you want to avoid. Well, there were just not your average spider, in fact they were almost the size of a huge boulder with eight red eyes and legs and let's not forget their oh-so-poisonous venom. In short, Luhan was some what grateful that Sehun had stopped him from walking into one.
 
Once they made it to Berry Ridge, Luhan was more than happy to separate from the rest of them, even if Sehun kept pestering Luhan, asking to join him, the latter would just simply refuse, for this was the moment where he could have his own little make believe adventure and no one will be there to judge him.
 
Luhan hummed softly as he hopped on top of a medium-sized boulder and hopped back down again, spinning around with the basket before he placed it onto the soil, backing away from it as he pretended that the basket was some enemy. Yes, Luhan liked to imagine a lot, after all it was the only way he could escape into a more adventurous world.
 
He picked up a few berries and tossed it towards the basket and everytime it went into it, Luhan would say, "Ha! Die foul beast!" And would pump a fist. He then suddenly heard rustling from the bushes, suddenly becoming aware of his surroundings. At this point, Luhan was fully attentive, a skill that they were taught when they were young and most of the time, Luhan would ace the tests with his eyes closed, that was one good skill that he was probably good at.
 
"Y-Yixing?" Luhan quaked, wondering if Yixing was just trying to scare him like the last time. His eyes searched the bushes around him, as well as the tall shrubs by the side but when he noticed nothing was happening for a good five minutes, he calmed down only to yelp and quickly snatch the basket away, a tanned skinned male tumbling down from the upper bushes.
 
Luhan examined the man who was bronze skinned, slightly well-build and had dark brown hair with pointed cat like ears slightly sticking out from his tousled hair. Their eyes met and in that instant the two were caught in a gaze, their hazel eyes staring into each other like this moment was supposed to happen long ago but had only happened now, Luhan felt like he was so drawn towards those eyes but then realized after a few minutes that the figure sitting on the ground wasn't a Fawn like him. 
 
The figure didn't have white pale skin like he did nor did he look like he'd been avoiding danger his whole life. It could only mean one thing. The only thing that their leaders had told them to be absolutely cautious about whenever they ventured into the forest.
 
A Wolf.
 

How was the first chapter so far? Wasn't able to update this since I still have exams but once their done I'll try to update this as much as possible. Thank you to those who have subscribed so far~ <3

-Hikakin