Chapter 2

Teaching A Fawn

He wasn't raised in a pack.

 

Jongin is a twenty-three year old male who had tanned skin, dark brown tousled hair which had wolf-like ears sticking out of his head of the same color, hazel eyes that would turn red when he felt rage or gold if he felt another emotion deeply. He was like any other Wolf out there except the fact that he didn't grow up within a pack.

 

He was raised with a human family. Most would wonder, 'How does that make a difference?' Well to keep it short, it means that he was impure. It's not like Jongin could do much about it. Though he acted just like any wolf as ruthless as it can get, there was only one problem... Growing up with a human family meant he felt a little more compassion than his fellow pack mates would, and by compassion it meant thinking twice before doing something, which was not really common for wolves to do as they always had firm decisions.

 

"Jongin, it's time for the hunt. You are ready, aren't you?" His uncle's voice boomed from the entrance of the den which was covered with cloth dangling from the top. Jongin sighed mentally and grabbed his stone dagger beside him, getting up from his bed which was made out of wood and other animal skin used as a mattress.

 

"Yes Uncle, I am." Jongin replied, making his way towards the entrance, pushing the cloth aside to exit his den. 

 

"Remember, Kyungsoo is a valuable mate. After all, He is the son of the lead Alpha and he seems to really take a liking to you." His Uncle mention while giving Jongin a good pat on the back.

 

Jongin mentally rolled his eyes, of course it was just all about rank in the Wolf Pack, a higher rank equals to more benefits. He wonders why Kyungsoo even likes him while the others looked at him with distaste and would only respect him because he was the one who has caught the lead Alpha's only son who unfortunately was an Omega.

 

"I'm heading out now, I'll see you in the evening Uncle." Jongin mutters as he made his way to meet the others by the edge of their territory.

 

Tao, one of the appointed leaders gave them their precautions, not that they needed it but they always warned them about those of whiter skin who had tiny antlers sticking out of their head, that if they ever saw one they must never go near one and if they do, it was either a avoid it or kill-on-sight kind of thing, for it was a Fawn. With those words they were off into the forest to hunt.

 

Jongin never got why they would have to avoid those who had whiter skin and tiny antlers, he had never seen one before but maybe it was because he was used to it when he still lived with his human family.

 

"Kai, you've been quiet for a while, is something the matter?" Kyungsoo asked with a hint of worry in his voice as he gently nudged Jongin's shoulder with his own, calling Jongin by his nickname because apparently he didn't like it being called by his real name from people he didn't trust. Kyungsoo did know of his real name and once requested to call him by that instead of 'Kai' but of course, Jongin lied by saying that he would prefer it when the shorter male called him by 'Kai'.

 

"Hm? Oh, Nothing. I was just admiring the scenery." Jongin answered, flashing a tiny smile at Kyungsoo who beamed knowing that he saw Jongin smile for him and that he was the only one who could apparently bring out the smiles out of Jongin but little did Kyungsoo know, it was just fake smiles.

 

"Pft, what's so good about the scenery? It's just a bunch of green and brown." Baekhyun snorted while Chanyeol snickered at this.

 

"Probably because he still hasn't gotten rid of his compasionate blood huh?" Chanyeol retorted and this time both he and Baekhyun chortled only to earn a sharp look from Kyungsoo and that caused them to shut up.Even if Kyungsoo was an Omega they were still scared especially when his Father was a rather threatening lead Alpha who treasured his son a little too much.

 

Once they got to the hunting grounds they split ways, yes, they were supposed to hunt together but this was a little thing they formulated, if either one of them finds a suitable prey they would howl or either blow on the howl-whistle. The howl-whistle is an instrument that they use when they still haven't attained their wolf form and so far out of the four, only Chanyeol had achieved this.

"Can I accompany you this time then?" Kyungsoo eagerly asked Jongin but the other just shook his head.

"It would be unfair for Chanyeol and Baekhyun since they do like each other as well. Maybe some other time, alright Kyungsoo?" Jongin ruffled Kyungsoo's hair before quickly taking off. He honestly didn't want to spend his only moment of freedom with Kyungsoo, especially not when the shorter male would already bug him whilst they were at their territory.

This time, Jongin actually had a real smile on his face, even if it was a faint one, he enjoyed the time when he can roam free and not have to pretend that he was some ruthless being, well he was one but he considered every aspect of life maybe that's why even if he saw a healthy doe walking through the forest he would never use the howl-whistle to alert the others.

It was when Jongin's ears perked up someone's voice going, "Ha! Die foul beast!" from a distance. Curiosity got the best of him as he decided to follow where the voice had originated from. Jongin finds himself walking in an unfamiliar part of the forest, one where he saw tiny red orbs that were attached to the bushes.

 

He examined it by plucking one of it and held it up to his nose to sniff it out. Jongin then remembers that his previous human family called it a 'Berry' but they would never buy those for it was expensive therefore he never got to taste one. Slowly, he popped it into his mouth, letting his teeth crush the little fruit.

Sour!

Was the first thing Jongin thought of as his face scrunched up due to the tangy fruit, sticking his tongue out, he began to do something called 'the bleh motion', a little thing his human family taught him if there was no water around to get rid of the taste, though Jongin only did this when he was alone.

He moved around as he continuously went, 'Bleh, bleh, bleh!' Only to find himself losing his balance and stumbling backwards and before he knew it his eyes met with the most beautiful hazel eyes he'd ever lay upon.

 

For a moment, he couldn't stare away from those eyes but at the same time he noticed that this male was simply gorgeous. His skin was white, flawless even and he had tiny pink lips that suited his baby-looking face. Jongin swallowed hard at the sight, even if the other had cloth covering his upper and lower region, he could tell that this male was just... perfect.

 

There was only one problem... The flawless male in front of him quickly backed away, accidentally slipping and fell on the brown mushy soil, his caramel eyes staring at Jongin with something that denoted a tinge of fear.

 

"D-Don't hurt me!" The small male quaked, hiding behind the basket for cover and it was then Jongin realized that the male in front of him was not like him for the male in front of him was of a different kind.

 

A Fawn.

 


And there you have it, Chapter 2~ This is more of Jongin's point of view when they both meet. xD If you guys have any confusion just comment down below and I'll try to answer them~ <3

-Hikakin