Partnership

Mafia's weakness

Understandment? Ha, what's so understanding about the situation you're in?

 

Dyo Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes as he sat on the brown leather couch, his legs pressed together properly, his back stretched straight. He remains calm, his eyes relax as it follows the figure that paces around the room. His fingers twitch slightly, only to remind him that he is here, and alive. 

"Ah!" The male smiles, settling himself onto the solo couch, chair as a Chanyeol walks into the room. Kyungsoo doesn't fail to notice the file held in his right hand and the bottle of whiskey on the left. 

"Kyungsoo..." The male smirkes, leaning forward with a cigar inbetween his lips. "I'm glad you brought Jongin." Tao smiles towards the tan boy beside him. Kyungsoo feels Jongin flinch as Tao's eyes roam around Jongin's features. "Sehun's in the room next to ours, why don't you go and play." Jongin nods his head, bolting out of his seat before running out of the room and entering the next one.

"Kai!" They hear in the distance, which follows up with giggles. 

"Sehun!" 

Kyungsoo's shoulders relaxed as his most treasured trophy leaves the room. He leans back slowly against the cool leather, his legs crossing as he settles his hands on his lap. He looks down for a brief moment, he watches how his fingers fold gently against each other. How his fabric creases as his legs cross. 

"Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo jolts up, staring at the man before him with a smile on his face. 

"Tao." The man in front of him smiles, leaning forward he takes a glass and pours the two a fair share of whiskey. "It's been a while, I see Jongin is well." The two nod their heads, tilting their glass cups upward for a cheer before taking a sip. 

"Yeah, it has Tao." Kyungsoo hums, his skin forming goose bumps as the soft, cool breeze brushes against his cheek. "Jongin's been fine, still has those nightmares though. But he gets through, what about Sehun?" Kyungsoo questions, amused on how Tao's calm features turn frustrated. 

"He's been... persistent." Kyungsoo raises a brow. "Oh." He responds before the two was welcomed with silence. 

"About the case." Tao starts, settling his glass cup on the coffee table in front of him. His eyes down casted before pulling out a thick file; throwing it onto the table. Kyungsoo eyes were glued on the file, his tongue his dry lips as he settles the glass cup next to the file. His eyes look upward in curiosity.

"It's not Berlin's file." Kyungsoo sighs, leaning back as he relaxes his features. "What do you mean?" He questions, voice stern as Tao leans back, stretching his arms upward before settling it on the side. 

"It's Elizabeth's. The girl I need you to take." Kyungsoo raises his brow, his lips parts as he leans forward. He takes the file onto his lap, feeling the weight on his legs he slowly opens the file. His eyes follows up the pages, words and sentences fills his mind as he reads the information that is given. 

"Rich, a fashion designer, has three husbands? She seems.." 

"Like a , I know." Tao comments.

"I was going to say lovely, but.. that.. is okay too." Tao nods his head as Kyungsoo takes the crumbled picture into his hands, raising it up in the air; he stares at her features. 

"Why do you.. Need this woman?" Kyungsoo looks at him, dropping the picture onto his lap as Tao pours himself another cup of whiskey. "Lay." Tao comments, pressing the rim of the glass onto his lips before taking a sip. 

"I believe that this woman has stolen something great from our old friend." 

"Mrs. Emily?" 

"Yes."

Kyungsoo releases a soft sigh, his eyes closing as his relaxes his facial features before opening them and staring at Tao in the eye. "And why does our bartender need Mrs. Emily so badly? Isn't she his 48th piano?" Tao chuckles, running his hand through his brown locks, turning his head to the side as he stares out the window. 

"It contains the file of Berlin and 5 million in cash." 

Kyungsoo takes in a sharp breath before releasing it. Throwing the file onto the table before taking the picture in his hand. 

"I'll contact you when.. I retrieve her and Mrs. Emily. I believe you know what I want." 

Tao nods as he watches Kyungsoo disappear out of the room. 

"Mhmm." Tao nods , tipping the glass cup upward as the cool whiskey flows down his throat. 

 

 

"You know, Kyungsoo.." Tao flicks the end of his cigar at the table, the ashes fall into bits as the fire continues to burn the paper. Consuming him into a dark smoke. "You're the only person knows, this..secret of mine..." Kyungsoo hums, crossing his legs and folding his fingers together as he stares at his partner in front of him. His heart beating like a drum on new years. "and I might have to kill you if you tell anyone.." Tao averts his eyes towards the smaller male in front of him as the men that stand at the door of the room fixing their footing. "Why don't you do it now, Taozi?" Kyungsoo threats, his lips curling into a soft smirk as Tao releases a deep chuckle. "I have no ineterst in killing you, but I'm sure that I have an interest in Jongin." Tao notices the change in posture as his 'name' escaped his lips. "You wouldn't..." Kyungsoo growls. 

 

"Try me, Kyungsoo." 

 

Tao remembers the day he had found Sehun and Jongin at the whorehouse in China. He remembers the feared looks and the flinches the boys would give him as he took them under his wing. He was glad, that his partner Kyungsoo had taken a liking to the tanner boy. But he's upset with himself. He's been distant from Sehun, he would never shower him with kisses like Kyungsoo does with Jongin. But he would hug him though, when he's crying or scared. He would hug him, and he's so thankful that the boy doesn't flinch away like he used too- 

"Tao?"

Tao snaps back to reality as he turns his cheek, humming towards Chanyeol. 

"Have you given thought on what you're giving Sehun on his birthday?" Chanyeol questions as Tao shakes his head and crosses his leg. "I have, but I don't think its enough" Chanyeol snickers. 

"If you spoil him, you know well what happens." 

Tao shakes his head, smiling he stands up and walks over to the older; wrapping his arms around his neck as he rests his chin on his shoulder.

 

"I know very well Channie."