Three

Summer Blues~

Seohyun really didn’t know what to do. She thought that she couldn’t face Jung Yonghwa anymore. She really couldn’t. It was too embarrassed.

How come Khunnie Oppa told him about my true feeling?

She felt like she wanted to cry but she couldn’t. She wanted to get mad at Tiffany, but she couldn’t too. She disappointed, yes she admitted it, but what had done was done. She couldn’t change the fact that Jung Yonghwa already knew about her feeling.

Seohyun tried to focus on her performance preparation. But every time she met or bumped into Yonghwa, she…ran away. Yes, what else did she could do except running away from him. She didn’t care if he realized it or he felt so offended because of her rude attitude, she really didn’t care anymore. Called her crazy or childish, but she really couldn’t face him.

This morning, when she was in the bus, for the first time Yonghwa realized her. She was so surprised that finally Yonghwa caught her after four months. Yonghwa surprised at first, but he waved to her in the end. Seohyun just nodded to him politely before she pretended to read her book again.

When, she got out from the bus, she saw Yonghwa stopped in front of the gate. But it was so fortunate, when she saw Lee Joon approached him. She found Nana, her classmate, too so they decided to walk together to class. Her morning was saved again.

But Seohyun became teary again, because it meant that her daily moment, to looking for Yonghwa in the final turn before bus stop, was over. He already knew it. She couldn’t continue it again. She lost one of her best moment.

Seohyun exhaled, for nth time that day. She looked so gloomy and was so busy with her own thought. But she decided to continue with what her did. She was helping her friends to bring the timpani to the hall. But she was too occupied with herself, and didn’t realize that someone already behind her. Looked like he waited her to realize his presence.

Suddenly, he took the timpani off her hand.

“Aigoo~” Seohyun startled. But when she knew that someone who took the timpani was Yonghwa, she felt more surprised. “Sunbe...nim...It’s...okay, you don’t need to...” Seohyun tried to took again the timpani, but Yonghwa refused it.

“No, I’ll help you.” He said stubbornly.

Seohyun felt that his sound was weird. It heard slightly cold. In the end, Seohyun encourage herself to look at him.

The moment she saw him, in the eyes, Seohyun felt so afraid out of sudden. She was not sure what happen with him, but what she did to him these days, Seohyun could understood it.

“You avoided me, didn’t you? No, you ran away from me.” He stated to the point.

Seohyun shocked with his sudden statement, while her heart beat so crazily.

“What happen? Did I do something wrong?” he asked again.

Seohyun didn’t know what to do. Her mind was blank. She just wanted to cry.

But Yonghwa realized it. Seohyun would be cry if he asked further. So he took a deep breath, before said. “It’s okay. Don’t force yourself, if you don’t want to answer me. It’s your right to avoided me anyway. I’m sorry if I ever offended you.”

He walked with the timpani in his hand, while Seohyun rooted in her spot.

He’s so angry. I hurt his feeling. I’m so childish. Ottoke? Ottoke?

Seohyun couldn’t hold her tears in the end. She regretted it all.

After a few seconds, Seohyun walked fast to run after Yonghwa. But when she arrived in the hall, she bumped with him who about to go again.

He looked at her for a while, before he nodded and walked away. Seohyun felt so hurt by his sudden coldness.

But he must be felt more hurt by me. Stupid me! Just because I feel so embarrassed, I hurt him.

“Sunbe...nim!” without she realized it, she already called him.

He stopped, and waited for her next sentence. But Seohyun couldn’t say anything. So, he turned around. They were in silent in the end.

“I waited you,” it was him who broke the ice first. “The morning after I took you home, I waited you. In the bus stop, near your house. But you went to school with your father...”

THUMP!!!

Seohyun felt her heart stopped beating for a while.

But he giggled. “...why do I have to tell you this? Don’t mind me.” He said again. “I think you feel uncomfortable around me. Don’t worry, I won’t trouble you anymore. Take care...”

He walked away.

And Seohyun rooted in her spot again. She cried.

He waited me. That was why he came late to school that day. He’s always kind to everyone, to me too. Everyone loves him. But I hurt him by my childish act. Stupid me!

***

After that day, Seohyun felt that Yonghwa avoided her too. Every time they about to bump each other, Yonghwa always tried to do something so he didn’t need to greet her.

It hurt...

Tiffany felt so guilty towards her too. She apologized so many times as she about to cry. Seohyun felt more guilty because of that. In the end, Seohyun asked her to stop her apologizes. It happened anyway. And they never talked about it anymore.

Fortunately, Soyou didn’t ask further too. Seohyun was sure that Soyou knew about it. But even though she had a blabber mouth, she was indeed her best friend. And Seohyun felt so grateful to her.

Finally, D-Day...

Even though her mind was full of regret and guilt towards Yonghwa, Seohyun tried her best to focus on her performances that night. She couldn’t disappoint her friends.

Her first performance was with classical music club. She already practiced it from the first time she join the club. So, as she expected, it totally succeed.

Her second performance was with dances club together with Soyou. She just practiced for five days, but she really tried to not mess up her team. She even made Bora, dances club captain, amazed because she could learn all the choreography so fast. And in the end, their performance succeed too. Bora asked her to join her club officially, but Seohyun refused it.

Her last performance was with Tiffany and Taeyeon. Everyone knew that Tiffany and Taeyeon were famous because of their singing skill. It burdened her at first, but she already practiced so hard, and she couldn’t disappoint Tiffany and Taeyeon too. So, Seohyun tried to singing with all her heart. The main point in singing was heart. And in the end, they succeed too. Even everyone was chanting them with ‘TaeTiSeo’ words in the end of their performance.

Seohyun caught Yonghwa who saw her performance in the corner of the hall. He smiled and clapped his hands. Seohyun felt so happy because of that.

At least, everyone happy with my performance. And Yonghwa Sunbaenim too...

After her last performance, Tiffany asked her to watch the rest of the performances. After a few minutes, Soyou joined with them too.

The final performance was from band club. Seohyun saw Yonghwa and his three friends were preparing themselves in the stage. Girls around the stage were already cheering so crazily. It seemed that what Tiffany said was true, Yonghwa was indeed popular.

Most of his fangirls was in second year and third year. First year like her didn’t know about him and his band yet.

“I don’t know that he’s so popular, Unnie~” it was Soyou who stated.

“Just wait until he sings,” Tiffany replied calmly.

Seohyun felt so nervous out of sudden. It was Jung Yonghwa’s side that she never knew. All this time, she just saw him as a modest student, not as a popular guy.

He strummed his guitar for the last time, before she looked at her for a while.

THUMP!!!

Does he look at...me? Seohyun asked in her mind, surprised by the possibility he looked at her. But does he...?

“Does he...” Seohyun heard Soyou just about to ask when suddenly Yonghwa cut off his stared and signaled his band mates to start the music.

Their first song was a rock song. Everyone in the hall became crazy out of sudden. They said that the title is One Time, and the music succeed burn their spirits and everyone became so lively.

He is so...awesome...Seohyun speechless with what she saw.

“Daebak...they are so daebak...he is so daebak, Unnie. I already become their fans. Ottoke, Unnie?” Soyou stated again as she grabbed Tiffany’s hand.

“It’s always like that. He’s become more popular every time he performs with his band. Welcome to the club, Soyou-yahh!” Tiffany replied as she giggled.

Their second song was electric rock song. The title is Radio. It was an unique song. And like Tiffany said, his fangirls were increased. He looked so good with his electric guitar, but he looked so charming when he played keyboard.

“He wrote all those songs,” Tiffany said abruptly.

“Jinjja?” Soyou asked as she looked so surprised. Seohyun too.

For the last song, he took his acoustic guitar.

“The last song is written recently. You may be shocked with this new genre. And I guess you’ll surprise by the lyrics too.”

Surprisingly, Yonghwa gave an explanation for their last performance. Everyone felt so excited by this new song. What kind of song is it?

“The title is Love Light, I hope you’ll enjoy it...” he added as he stared at Seohyun again.

THUMP!!!

Is he really staring at me? Seohyun felt so confused but she tried to ignore it. She couldn’t let her hope grew. But, what if he’s not looking at me? There so many people here, and there are a lot of girls around me too.

“Tsk, wait,” Tiffany said again as she clucked her tongue. “Is it just my feeling or he looks at us recently?”

“Yeah, I think so too, Unnie. But mwolla~” Soyou replied.

They looked at each other, before they took a glance to Seohyun who just silent from the begining.

The music started. It was really a sweet melody. Seohyun felt her heart thumped so crazily. This song was really so beautiful.

When I look at you my face gets red
When I see you my heart goes thump thump
I talk with shyness like a kid
When I look at you I just smile out of nowhere
Like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me

 

You’re the president of my heart
You’re my chests’ star embroider
I’m Genie for you girl
You make me stop breathing
Whatever you want
Because I love you
There’s no reason for my love you know

 

You’re a darling
You’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
The shining thing deep inside my heart
My own love light

 

I love you darling
Give me light next to me whenever
Every night I look at you
And you’re beautiful even when I look at you
You’re my love light

 

When I see you I feel like I’m up on the clouds
It may be immature but I keep doing this
I think love came to me

 

You’re a darling
You’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
The shining thing deep inside my heart
My very own love light

 

I love you darling
Give me light next to me whenever
Every night I look at you
And you’re beautiful even when I look at you
You’re my love light

 

You’re lovely
You’re more blinding than the sunlight up in that sky
You shine the dark places inside my heart
My own love light

 

I love you lovely
Even if I close my eyes i see you
Looking at you like this
You’re still blinding even when I see you
You’re my love light

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAA??!!!”

The cheering was exploded the moment that song ended. It was indeed a very romantic song from Jung Yonghwa who known as the charismatic rocker in the school.

“Ottoke, Unnie~ I really love the song....” Soyou said as made a fake crying face.

“Me too...” Tiffany replied as she was squealing.

Seohyun just silently cried. The song is really....

“Oh My God! Did you hear that? Everyone in this school know that Star means you, Shinhye-yahh!” but suddenly someone in front of Seohyun screamed enthusiastically. “School Star is only you~”

STABB!!!

Seohyun felt her heart hurt so much in pain. What is this?

“Tsk,” Tiffany clucked her tongue again as she heard what they were talking about.

“Is that true, Unnie? The star means her?” Soyou asked immediately as she took a glance to Seohyun, worried.

Tiffany just smirked, “Unfortunately...yes.”

It’s over...Seohyun cried in her mind. Her sad first love story was over. In the end, she should admit it, that she was broken heart.

But the cheering around them was changed. When they realized it, Shinhye already on the stage. She was really going to confess in front of people.

“Geez...she’s really...” Tiffany mumbled, felt so annoyed by the scene in front of them.

“Kajja! We better go...” Soyou gripped Seohyun’s wrist, tried to drag her out as soon as possible.

But the cheering grew crazily. The last thing that Seohyun saw was Yonghwa pulled Shinhye’s wrist and dragged her out of the stage.