Two

Summer Blues~

Seohyun never knew that have a crush is a fantastic feeling. She enjoyed this new experience so much. It made her feel so lively. She felt so excited every time she heard someone talk about school. Yep, school was her most favorite place in the world for now. It was not that she hated school before. She loved to go to school but now she loves school more.

She thought that she did choose the right person. He was not so popular. And the main point was he was a good guy. Even her father already approved it.

Seohyun felt her face became warm so suddenly every time she remembered that night, her first moment with him, and his gentle manner towards herself and her father. Kyaaaaaaaa!!!

But the sudden fact hit her sense so suddenly. Yes, she couldn’t forget what happened in the next morning after that magical night. Her cousin, Tiffany couldn’t stop bombard her with her questions about Jung Yonghwa after her father mention his name in front of her. Ugh! How she really wanted to cry at that time.

But in the end, she denied it all. She knew that Tiffany and Soyou, her best friend, didn’t believe it. But, she had no choice. She couldn’t admit it. It was too embarrassing for her. And she wouldn’t share her precious feeling to them. They would just make everything worst with their overreacting act.

After that day, Tiffany always tried to call Yonghwa every time he walked pass around them. Soyou didn’t do much better. She always did something too much every time he was around and it definitely made Seohyun feel so uneasy.

What if Yonghwa Sunbaenim feels uncomfortable because of them?

“KYAAAAAAA??!!”

Suddenly she heard someone screamed. She was on her way to threw away her class trashes in a big plastic bag. It seemed like some of papers that the girl took, flew away through the corridor windows. The wind just blow up the papers and it succeed make the papers landed on the ground.

Seohyun looked down and found out two students took the papers. One of them turned around and he was…Jung Yonghwa.

“Is it yours?” He asked to the girl in front of Seohyun who just screamed before.

“Yes, Sunbaenim! Thank you for pick it up!” She replied, felt so relieved.

“Okay! Stay there, I’ll hand it to you!” He shouted as he grabbed the rest of the papers from his friend hand.

Seohyun felt that she should not be there. She walked fast but in the stairs, she met him.

He looked at her and looked little bit surprised, but he smiled in the end.

Seohyun felt her heart thumped. She managed herself to reply his smile, before she walked fast. She just didn’t use herself to be near him. She couldn’t let him know her feeling.

She took a deep breath for a while, right after she reached the last stair. She enjoyed her time so much when she could admire him from a far but it could be really tiresome if he was near her like what happened before. But deep inside her heart, she admit it, it was really a beautiful experience for her.

GRABB!!!

Suddenly she felt someone took the plastic bag from her.

“You’ll throw it, right?” Yonghwa asked her. She didn’t know that he already behind her like that.

“Neh?” Seohyun surprised by his sudden act. “Ahh, ne~. I’m going to take it to the landfill, Sunbaenim.” But she managed herself to answer him.

“Let me take this then. It’s in the same way to the gym. See you, Joohyun-ssi!” he said abruptly and left her alone, still confused.

What? He just...helped me??? Kyaaaaa!!!

“I see~ you~” Suddenly she heard someone sang behind her.

Seohyun could recognize her voice, and felt so annoyed out of sudden.

“You’re really like a ghost, Soyou-yahh! It’s so creepy, you know!” she said nonchalantly.

“Yahh! You’re so stubborn, you know! How come you still denied it when it could be read so clearly on your face! Ahh, I wish I could show you how your face right now, it looks crimson sooooo much...” Soyou was talking nonstop during their way to the class. Seohyun just rolled her eyes.

Whatever~

“...but I think he is so kind to everyone around him. At least I approve that you have a good taste, Hyunnie...”

Wait! So kind? To everyone?

Seohyun stopped her walk abruptly after she heard what Soyou said before.

Oh My God! How come I’m so stupid like this? He is indeed a kind person. He’s always kind to everyone. He didn’t kind just to me. Oh My God! I’m so ashamed. Huaaaaaaaaaa...

***

Seohyun was really thinking so much these days. She felt so embarrassed because she thought that Yonghwa was so kind just to her. What Soyou said to her really woke up her sense. Because of that, she tried to avoid Yonghwa so much. Not so obviously, she just needed to choose the other way every time she would be bumped with him. She was so sure that, no one could realize it.

But she still watched over him during his PE class every Thursday, two hours before break time. She was also still looking for him every time her bus reached the final turn before the bus stop. That was where she usually found him riding his bicycle to the school.

Seohyun took a deep breath, tried to ensure herself, that it was enough. She just admired him and would hold it and never let her feeling bloom more than that.

“Yahh! Don’t put it like that!”

Seohyun back to her sense after she heard the noises around her. Yep, summer for her school meant School Festival. All the students, teachers, and school staffs were busy preparing this annual event.

There were so many contests that held for this event and all school clubs should perform something on main event this weekend. Seohyun, who just finished her practice with her classical music club, tried to look around the school as she refreshed her feeling.

But suddenly, she found him, Jung Yonghwa, who looked so busy lifted drumband equipments. Seohyun felt so confused because it was just about ten minutes ago she saw him walked together with Lee Joon Sunbaenim as he brought a big box with him. What is exactly his club?

“Yahh! I catch you! Wae? Is he so handsome?”

Seohyun startled because of Tiffany. She appeared abruptly out of nowhere. Sometimes, she and Soyou were really look alike, always appeared like a ghost.

“Unnie~ could you not always startled me like that?” Seohyun protest but Tiffany just giggled.

“Yahh, I’ve been beside you for almost three minutes. It was you who didn’t realize me here. You’re too busy watched him.” Tiffany argued back.

“M – mwo?” Seohyun felt so nervous out of sudden. “I’m not...”

“Look, Seohyun-ahh. Just listen to me this time. If you really like him, you need to move fast. You already knew that he is so kind to everyone around him right? Look what he is doing a whole day. He help all his friends who busy preparing their performance, whereas he just join the band school club. He’s really love being busy. Running around to help his friends. Sometimes, I feel so dizzy because it’s like he is everywhere.

That’s why so many people like him. And there are so many girls who want to be his girlfriend too. Look at Shinhye. She is clinging to him for several months and I heard she will confess to him this weekend after the main event.” Tiffany said out of sudden.

“What?” Seohyun surprised by her cousin sudden explanation. “But he’s not so popular, Unnie~”

“What? Not so popular?” this time it was Tiffany who surprised. “You don’t know him, Hyunnie-yahh. Just wait until this weekend. I’m sure that most of your friends will become his new fangirls. It always like that since two years ago.”

“What do you mean, Unnie?” Seohyun couldn’t help to not curious. But Tiffany realized it that Seohyun just admitted her feeling towards Yonghwa implicitly.

“Yahh, you’re so curious right now, right?” Tiffany as she laughed hard. Seohyun felt so embarassed and decided to walk away, left her cousin who still laughed.

“Yahh! Hyunnie-yahh! I’m just kidding. Don’t mad at me, please!” but Tiffany ran after her as she back hugged her. “I’m sorry, okay. Now, please grand my wish. Please, help our performance this weekend, Hyunnie~ Jebal...”

Seohyun took a deep breath again. Her cousin was pursuing her these days, begged her to join her group vocal with Taeyeon. She insisted that Seohyun was the one who could complete their harmony. But Seohyun felt not so confident about singing. She always loves music for her whole life, she like singing too, but to perform in front of people she didn’t confident yet.

“Come on, Hyunnie-yahh. Your voice color really matchs with us. It would sound heavenly if you could complete us. Please, Hyunnie. At least, help us for this event. If you feel you couldn’t continue this, we won’t force you, jinjja. Please~” Tiffany begged to her so much.

Seohyun took a deep breath again, before she finally said, “Okay, Unnie~ but it just for this weekend...”

“Kyaaaaa!!!! Thank you, Hyunnie-yahh!!! You’re my angel!!!” Tiffany cried out her happiness as she kissed Seohyun’s cheek in front of their friends. It succeed make them became public attention.

“Yahh!!! You’re so unfair!!!” Soyou joined the conversation as she pinched Seohyun’s arm so hard.

“Yahh! It’s hurt!” Seohyun screamed at her best friend. As always, Soyou appeared like a ghost.

“I begged you to help my dance club too. Why do you just agree with Tiffany Unnie’s wish? You’re so mean...” Soyou said as she made a crying expression on her face.

“Yahh! Just five days to go, and how can I remember all the choreography? Neo michoseo?” Seohyun shouted back.

“I’ve been begged you since two days ago...” Soyou tried to argue back.

“Yahh! It’s just one week, and it didn’t change anything! The time is still too short.” Seohyun insist.

“But you agreed with Tiffany unnie’s wish...” Soyou said as she walked away.

“Aigoo...” Seohyun massaged her temple. “Okay! I’ll help you! Satisfied?” Finally Seohyun fulfilled her best friend’s wish.

Soyou stopped so suddenly, before she turned around, and ran towards Seohyun. She hugged her as she scream, “THANK YOUUUUUU!!! SEOHYUN-AAH!!!”

Once again they became public attention.

Aigoo~

***

Seohyun looked at her wrist watch and took a deep breath. It was already 8 o’clock. She just finished her dance practice with Soyou after she had to practice together with Tiffany and Taeyeon. Tomorrow morning she had to practice with classical music club. There were three days remaining until the D-Day.

She felt so tired but she enjoyed it so much. At first, she was hesitated to help Tiffany and Soyou because it would be so tiresome. It would affect her concentration during her class too. She couldn’t let her grade down like that. But after she saw what Yonghwa did to his friends, Seohyun felt so embarrassed to herself. How come she did not help her friends too?

Yonghwa’s spirit really touched her. That was why she decided to help Tiffany and Soyou. At least she could make them happy.

She was surprised with this so called ‘the power of love’ experience. She didn’t know that it would make her be more positive like this. Once again, she was so proud of him. He succeed made her became a better person. And it was all she needed in a man.

But she felt so sad everytime she remembered what Tiffany said to her about Yonghwa who being loved by everyone. Jung Yonghwa would have more fangirls after this weekend. She was dying to ask Tiffany but had to hold herself to not ask anything.

What if Yonghwa Sunbaenim will really be more popular? And Shinhye, who is she? Is that true she will confess to him? Am I really enough with this? Admire him from a far? Do I need to take the steps? Ottokeee???

She was definitely so busy these days, but this problem always found its way back to her mind and succeed make her confused with her own feeling.

“You’re spacing out again,” she heard someone told behind her.

She was so startled, and turned around. But suddenly, her heart thumped crazily.

How come someone who became her problem suddenly appeared in front of her like this?

“Sun – benim...” Seohyun couldn’t manage herself to say something.

“Annyeong haseyo~ Joohyun-ssi.” Yonghwa greeted her as he walked with his bicycle. “I saw you’re so busy these days. It’s mean that you’re enjoying your high school life?”

He knows that I’m busy?

Seohyun’s face turned red immediately. But she exhaled.

He’s so kind to everyone. She tried to remind herself.

“Ahh...ne~” it’s all because of you, Sunbaenim...

Seohyun continued her answer in her mind.

“It’s really late. Are you waiting for your father again?” Yonghwa asked again.

“No, Sunbaenim. I’ll take the bus to go home.”

“Jinjja? Where are your friends?” Yonghwa asked, suddenly worried.

“Their homes are opposite with mine.”

“Ohh, geure.” It seemed like he considered something, before he said. “Oke then, wait here! I’ll be back.” He rode his bicycle and left her.

“Neh?” Seohyun felt so confused. But she waited him in the end.

Three minutes later, Seohyun saw him ran towards her.

Where is his bicycle?

“Let’s go!” he said abruptly. “I’ll take you home.”

“...”

Seohyun didn’t absorb it at first, before “What?” she was so surprised by his sudden offer.

He chuckled. “Waeyo? You dont want it?”

“Aniyo~. That’s not what I mean. I’m just...”

“Don’t worry. Kajja! It’s getting late.” He said as he walked first. Seohyun who still shocked, just followed him. She felt her heart might be exploded at that time.

Calm. Exhale. Don’t think too much. He’s always so kind to everyone.

She tried to remind herself again. But...it failed.

Ommaaaaa ottokeeee???

In the bus, they talked to each other casually. Yonghwa was really a mood maker. He could bring the positive aura for everyone around him. He talked so much but Seohyun knew that he just tried to melt the situation. In the end the awkwardness around them disappeared without she realized it.

“Ahh...I have something to show you.” Suddenly Yonghwa said as he took out his phone. He scrolled for a while, before he showed something in his phone to Seohyun.

“Hehh? Oh My God!” Seohyun shocked with what she saw. It was a picture of Tiffany, but she looked totally ugly in that picture. “What did she do?” Seohyun laughed hard.

“I was not sure. It just happened and I was lucky enough to capture it with my phone. I always used this to joking around sometimes. You want it? You could use it to threaten her, you know. Give me you phone number. I’ll send it to you.” He talked nonchalantly. It was so contrast with what Seohyun felt at that time.

It was really too much for her. There were so much happy things that were happened. Yonghwa appeared out of nowhere and offer her to take her home. And now he asked her phone number.

I can nooooooot...

“But, how about you, Sunbaenim?  Your direction is really opposite to mine.” Uneasy feeling hit her again after they exchanged their phone number.

Yonghwa sat in front of her, so he needed to turn his head around everytime he talked to her.

“How do you know that my direction is opposite with yours?” Yonghwa asked back as he held his laughed.

“I..I’m...” seohyun felt so nervous. Yahh! Babbo ya!

“Just kidding!” Yonghwa cut off as he laughed in the end. “My Imo is living in the same neighborhood with you. Don’t worry.”

“Jinjja?” Seohyun still so worry.

“Yep, don’t worry.” He reassured her as he patted Seohyun’s head lightly.

UGH~

Seohyun felt her heart stop beating for seconds.

DIES...

 

“That’s my home. Thank you for take me home, Sunbaenim.” Seohyun said when they finally reached her home, safely.

“It doesn’t matter.” He answered as he giggled. His bursting cheek and toothy grinned looked so charming in her eyes.

But suddenly, they heard someone open the door, and her father got out of the house.

“You’re home, Hyunnie?” he asked but looked so surprised when he saw that her daughter was not alone. “Jung...Yonghwa?”

“Ahh...neh...Abeonim. Good evening. I’m sorry if I disturb you...” Yonghwa greeted him politely.

“No...no...It should be me who thank to you because you take uri Hyunnie home. Thank you so much, Yonghwa. Let’s take some tea!” her father tried to show his gratitude.

“Ahh...It’s really late, Abeonim. Thank you so much for your offer. Maybe, next time I’ll drop by.” But Yonghwa refused it politely.

“Ahh...oke then. But make sure to tell Hyunnie if you already reach your home. At least let me know you reach your home safely.” Her father said again.

“Of course, Abeonim. I’ll let you know when I get home.”

After that, he bid his goodbye. And Seohyun should run fast to her room after she kissed her father cheek because she afraid that her father would .

Fifteen minutes later, after Seohyun finished her showering, she heard her phone vibrated.

From : Yonghwa Sunbaenim

Annyeong~ would you mind to tell your father that I finally got my Imo’s home safely? Kekeke... You need to fully rest tonight, so you’ll feel so fresh tomorrow. Sleep tight~ ^^

 

Seohyun needed to bury her face to her pillow and screamed.

How could I sleep tight tonight????

***

The next day

Seohyun just took a break in the middle her rehearsal with Tiffany and Taeyeon. She sat in the edge of the stage, before Tiffany and Taeyeon joined her.

“Whoaa? Jinjja? Yonghwa Sunbaenim? He had took you home, Shinhye-yahh?”

Shinhye? Took her home?

Seohyun turned around to search the source and found some girls who sat not so far from them. Looked like they were from theatre club. And finally, she saw her, Shinhye.

She is so...pretty... Seohyun felt so sad by this fact.

“Tsk! She is really bragging around. If she knew that Yonghwa also had took me home, she will be so embarrassed. She forget that Yonghwa always treat his friends kindly.” Tiffany stated annoyingly.

Ahh...Tiffany Unnie too...

“Hahahaha. You’re right. He ever took me home too.” Taeyeon joined the conversation.

Even Taeyeon Unnie...

“I heard she will confess to him after the main event. Why does she tell everyone about her plan like this? She looks so confident that Yonghwa will accept her. I’m so curious, will Yonghwa accept her? I’m so worried because Yonghwa is too kind...”

Seohyun felt her heart clenched so tight. But she shook her head, tried to erase her unnecessary feeling. She should not let her feeling bloom. When she knew exactly that Yonghwa just treat her like he did to his other friends.

But it hurt...

“But I saw he came late this morning. Do you know what happen? He never came late before?” Seohyun heard again someone asked to Shinhye.

He came late?

“Ahh...Hyunnie-yahh. I want to tell you something...” suddenly Tiffany grabbed Seohyun’s hand, she looked so guilty towards her. But why? What happen?

“But please, promise me you won’t mad at me! Please~” Tiffany begged and Seohyun realized that it might be something serious.

“Just tell me first, Unnie~” Seohyun replied nervously.

“I swear I already warned him to shut his mouth. But those Babbo just told him, Hyunnie-yahh...I’m sorry...” Tiffany became teary.

“Hehh? I don’t understand, Unnie~” Seohyun asked as she felt her heart thumping so crazily.

“I told Khunnie about you who have a crush towards Yonghwa. I swear, I warned him Hyunnie-yahh. But...but he told me yesterday that he just told Yonghwa about your feeling. She thought your feeling towards him was so cute so he told him. But I already hit him so much. Please Hyunnie-yahh, don’t...”

But Seohyun couldn’t hear anything. She just wanted to faint at that time.

Ommaaaaaaaaaaaaa...