One

Summer Blues~

Seohyun closed her book, when she realized that the bus that took her to the school already turned left. She looked out the window and found...him.

She felt so happy immediately. Yes, he was her crush. Her first crush ever.

She already watched over him since her first week as a high-schooler. Yes, it was her first year in High School. She always dreamed about it since Junior High School. Have a crush and could admire him from a far. She envied every time she saw her friends, especially Soyou, who busied chasing over their crush until make a stupid scene to just looking for their crush attention.

Actually, Seohyun had been confessed several times since Junior High School, but she always declined them. It was true that she felt so happy because of their confessions, but it was just a happy feeling, nothing more. She needed to feel the butterfly in her stomach, like people and Soyou always said to her. So she tried to reject them politely and made a new friend in the end.

Truth be told, Seohyun did not know who he was. She just knew that he was in the same school at her, but never found him in the same floor as her. So, she just concluded that he was a Senior. But Seohyun never tried to find his name. She just let it be like this. Admiring him from a far, without he or everyone around her realized it. She did not want that everyone knew about her feeling towards him. She decided to keep her feeling secretly. She just wanted to enjoy this new feeling. And so far, it was quiet enough for her.

This morning, he rode his bicycle again with earphone in his ears. Seohyun pouted her lips because of that. Listen the music while riding the bicycle was very dangerous. How she wants to shout at him right now. But she couldn’t do that. And she just took a deep breath when the bus stop was already seen in front of her. At least, they already arrived in the school, safely.

Seohyun entered the school gate, and saw Nichkhun with his two friends.

“Annyeong, Seohyun-ahh!” He greeted as he waved at her.

Nichkhun was Tiffany’s boyfriend. He was so sweet and always treated her like his sister. As a good cousin, Seohyun felt so happy because Tiffany had a good boyfriend like him.

“Annyeonghaseyo~ Oppa,” Seohyun replied him but she felt so shocked immediately, because one of Nichkhun’s friend was...him.

THUMP!

She felt her heart beat crazily.

“Who is she?” Seohyun could hear the tall man, who Seohyun knew as Taecyeon Sunbaenim, asked to Nichkhun.

“Fany’s cousin,” Nichkhun replied shortly.

Seohyun tried to not look at him, but she didn’t know what’s the power that led her to look at someone in front of Nichkhun and...

He smiled at her.

A simple smile but...

DIES...Seohyun screamed in her mind.

***

What happened this morning really made Seohyun in a good mood. She couldn’t help herself to not smile during her classes.

She was in mathematic class, when she looked out the window towards sport fields, and she found...him again.

He was in PE class and preparing himself to run. It looked like it was a running test. At first round, he ran so fast and succeed become the first runner, leading his friends. But in his second round, and he just about two meters away from the finish line, he slowed down his speed.

From her class, Seohyun could see that he was cheering his classmate who became the last runner and stay in behind.

How sweet he is! Seohyun screamed in her mind again.

Because if he could reach the finish line before the last runner did, the last runner would fail the test.

He was indeed a good boy! Seohyun was cheering in her mind as she saw he smiled and twined his last runner friend with a toothy grinned smile and bursting cheeks.

She was so proud of him.

Actually, Seohyun didn’t want to have a crush to a popular guy. Chase after a popular guy meant that you would have so many rivals. And she was indeed not a typical girl who would do everything to get a boy’s attention.

Her crush seemed like not a popular guy like Nickhun oppa and Taecyeon Sunbaenim as basketball stars, or Lee Joon Sunbaenim as talented actor in school theatre, or Onew Sunbaenim who was the lead vocal in school choir. She was so sure that she never heard her friends squealing at him everytime he was around. It was meant that she didn’t have too many rivals. So, she felt that she chose the right person.

“Yahh! Who did you see in the sport fields earlier?” Soyou asked her abruptly as she sat in front of her in School cafeteria.

Damn, she realized it? Seohyun became panic but she tried to look calm.

“What do you mean?” she asked back as she bite her sandwich.

“Do you think I’m blind? I could see you smiled like a fool during math class. Tell me, or I’ll tell Tiffany unnie!”

“Yahh! You...” Seohyun just about to deny it, when suddenly Tiffany appeared out of nowhere.

“Tell me what?” she asked curiously as she placed her salad in the table and sat beside Soyou.

“She watched over someone in sport fields during math class be...yahh!” Soyou couldn’t continue her sentence because Seohyun kicked her foot hard.

“She talks nonsense, Unnie. Don’t listen to her. I just looked out the window, not-watched-over-someone.” Seohyun denied as she emphasized her last sentence.

“Really?” Tiffany asked suspiciously.

But Seohyun looked at her eyes as she nodded. Silently pray that her unnie would believe it.

“Okay then...” Tiffany gave up this topic in the end.

Fiuuhhh

“I’m sure she watched over someone, Unnie. Which class that had PE class two hours before break?”

“Yahh!” Seohyun shouted without she realized it.

Soyou giggled by Seohyun sudden shout and succeed make Tiffany looked at her full of curiousity.

“I’ll find it out,” Tiffany said in the end.

“Yeay~” Soyou cheered while Seohyun just keep in silent, didn’t know what to do.

SO~YOU....AARGH!!!

***

Seohyun still busied with her homework when suddenly her phone vibrated, indicated that a new message was received.

From : Appa~

I’m sorry, Dear~ It seems like Appa will come late. Traffic jam everywhere. Would you mind if you wait for about one hour again?

 

Seohyun looked out the window. There was still a heavy rain outside. She couldn’t go home alone, so she replied her father message and decided to continue her work.

But after thirty minutes, the school librarian told her that it was already 8 o’clock. She needed to close the library. So, here she was, standing alone in front of the close library.

There was no indication that the rain would stop, while the school at night was very scary. Seohyun tried to hum a song to calming herself, but suddenly she heard steps sound. Someone was running...towards her.

Her heart thumped so crazily.

What if...what if...the scream was already in when suddenly someone jumped on the library terrace where Seohyun waited and....

“KYAAAAAA?!!!!” Seohyun screamed out her fears.

It succeed make a boy who just stepped up into the terrace shocked and slipped on the floor.

BUKKK??!!!$%^&

He fell. first.

Seohyun stopped her scream. Shocked because she watch he fell in front of her.

They were silent, before the boy broke out his laugh.

Seohyun blinked, while he laughed so hard.

“I’m...sorry...if I scared you. I didn’t mean that, jjinjja.” He said abruptly, still laughed. After that, he stood up again and tried to clean his pant that little bit soaked by the rain.

“What are you doing here? It’s getting late...” He said again as he looked at Seohyun.

Seohyun were still silent. Her brain tried to absorb what was happened. She blinked again for nth times before she cried in her mind.

Oh My God! He is...

“You’re first year, aren’t you?” He asked. “I thought I saw you before....ahh!” He clapped his hand abruptly. “Fany’s cousin right?”

“Hehh?” Seohyun surprised.

He remembers me?

She was lucky that her blushing cheeks couldn’t be seen right now.

“Yeah, I saw you this morning.” He concluded it alone because Seohyun didn’t give him an answer. “Jung Yonghwa imnida. 3-D. What about you?”

Jung Yonghwa. Jung. Yong. Hwa. Seohyun spelled his name again as her heart beat more crazily right now.

He snapped his fingers in front of her because she looked spacing out again.

“Ahh...mianhe-yo...Sunbaenim.” Seohyun back to her sense, more blushing. “Seo Joohyun imnida. Class 1-G...” she said shyly.

“Ahh Joohyun-ssi, okay then. What are you doing here alone? It’s already late.” He repeated his first question.

“I...I’m waiting for my Appa to fetch me...” she replied as she scolded herself.

Yahh! Why should you say that to him? You’ll definitely look like a Papa’s girl in front of him! Babbo ya!

“Ahh...I see. Me too...”

“Hehh?” Seohyun shocked by his statement, but suddenly felt so shy because she reacted too much. As she predicted it, he laughed again.

“Just kidding!” He said as he still laughed. “Your expression before was priceless. You’re so funny.”

Seohyun felt so embarrassed because of that. Babbo! Babbo!

“I had a practice this afternoon. But it seemed like I fell asleep and my babbo friends didn’t wake me up. So, here I am.” He explained his reason why he still at school this late. “I thought to just go home but I’ll drench so much if I force myself to go through the rain. Hmm...but maybe it could be a good reason for me to skip the school tomorrow if I’m sick, right? What do you think?”

“Neh?” Seohyun surprised that he talked so casually to her like that. “But there’s no good point if you’re sick. You still couldn’t do anything.” She just replied abruptly and regretted it immediately.

“Yeah, you’re right. I prefer to being scolded at school than hear my mom nagging at home.” He said lightly.

The next few minutes, he kept talking and Seohyun just replied him politely. Without they realized it, the rain was already stopped.

“Hmm...I’m sorry, Sunbaenim. But, the rain was already stop. If you w...”

“Waeyo? You asked me to go?” He cut off her words and succeed make her panic.

“Aniyo~ It’s not what I mean. I’m sorry...”

He laughed again. Seohyun felt like a clown that could make him laughed hard so easily like that.

“Yahh! I’m just kidding, you know! Don’t take it seriously.” He said as he patted her back lightly. Without he realized it, Seohyun’s face was already crimson red right now.

Oh My God!!! He pats me!!! He pats me!!! Her heart was in chaos right now.

But suddenly her phone vibrated again. It was from her Appa.

What a good timing, Appa! You saved me from embarrassment...

“Your Appa is already arrived?” He asked her after she finished her conversation.

“Deh~” she replied quietly. Suddenly felt so sad because it was mean that her magical moment with Yonghwa would be over.

“Kajja!” but he said abruptly.

“Neh?”

“I’ll walk you to the gate. It’s really dark. I bet you’ll scream even though there is a cat that walks in front of you...”

“W – what? Of course I won’t!” Seohyun denied it immediately but couldn’t help herself to not smile widely because...Kyaaaaa he will walk me to the gate!!!

Their journey to the gate was in silent. But Seohyun really enjoyed it. They might be not talking to each other, but this magical moment was more than enough for her. She felt so thankful because of that.

I hope it’s not the end...

Seohyun saw her father’s car was right in front of the gate. She waved at her father who looked so surprised because Seohyun was not alone.

“Annyeong haseyo~ Abeonim. Jung Yonghwa imnida.” Yonghwa greeted Seohyun’s father immediately when they already arrived in the gate.

Seohyun and her father was so speechless. They did not expect he would introduce himself out of sudden like that.

But Seohyun’s father did not take too long to back to his sense. He smiled before said, “Annyeong haseyo~ I’m Joohyun’s Appa. Nice to meet you. Thank you for accompanying my daughter. I hope it didn’t waste your time too much.”

Yonghwa chuckled as he denied it politely, “Aniyo~ Abeonim. I just waited the rain to stop too. It really didn’t matter at all.”

“Where do you live? I will...”

Her father was about to offer him a ride, when suddenly he cut it, “No, thank you, Abeonim. I’m really thank you for your offer, but I need to take my bicycle. Don’t worry about me. Jinjja.”

“Are you sure?”

“Deh~ Don’t worry, Abeonim.” He said reasuringly.

“Hmm...thank you so much for accompanying me earlier, Sunbaenim.” Seohyun said her gratitude. “But are you sure you won’t...”

“Don’t worry. Just go home. It’s getting late.” He said softly and succeed make Seohyun melt out of sudden.

“Okay then. Bye, Sunbaenim!” Seohyun bid her goodbye as she ran towards her car, couldn’t help to hide her crimson face.

“See you tomorrow...”

She still could hear he said that. KYAAAAAA!!!!

 

“He is...”

“Just my senior at school, Appa.” Seohyun, who knew what her father’s words were leading to, just cut it off immediately.

But her instant denial succeed make her father chuckled.

“Waeyo, Appa?” Seohyun asked, confused.

“Ani~ I just find it so funny.” He said as he still laughed.

But because she was in a good mood, she couldn’t realize that her father just indirectly.

“But, I think he is a good boy.” Her father stated abruptly.

“Yes, I think so too~”

“He was so polite.”

“Yes, I saw it too...”

“He said ‘see you tomorrow’ at you...”

“Yes, he....hehh? What – What do you mean...Appa?” Seohyun felt her crazy heart started to thump again. She fully understood what her father said. But she was so shy. How come, Appa realized my feeling so easily like that?

But her father just chuckled again as he winked at her.

***

The next morning

Seohyun got out from her father’s car. This morning, she woke up late. It was all because she couldn’t sleep properly last night. There are so many things that were happened yesterday and it were really - really made her crazy.

Finally, after all this time she knew his name. Jung Yonghwa. What a good name kyaaaa!!!

And she spent a magical thirty minutes with him last night.

What a double jackpot for her.

But that night, for the first time, someone else realized her feeling towards him. Yes, her father knew it all.

At first, Seohyun was so worry that her father would ask her so much. But her father was indeed her best Appa. He didn’t ask further and just acted as if he never knew about her crush. And Seohyun felt sooooo grateful because of that.

“Thank you, Appa!” Seohyun said as she kissed her father cheek through the open window.

“Ommo~ Wesamchon!”

Suddenly Tiffany who just arrived in the school shouted at them. She waved cheerfully before she ran towards them. She left her confused boyfriend in front of the gate.

“Annyeong~ Miyoungie~” her father greeted Tiffany back.

“Yah! What happen with you, Hyunie-yahh? Are you coming late? It’s so rare to see you come late to school like this!” as always Tiffany reacted too much.

Seohyun just rolled her eyes while her father chuckled. “It’s good for me, Miyoung-ahh. It’s a rare chance for me to take her to school. You know your cousin so well, she never troubles me even if I love being troubled by her. You should congratulate me...”

Tiffany chuckled by Seohyun’s father joke.

“Ahh...it’s so nice to see you, my Dear Miyoung. But I need to go now. I’ll call your mother and ask your family to dine with us this weekend. Okay, Dear?” Seohyun’s father looked at his watch. It seemed that he really would late if he didn’t go to his office right now.

“Of course, Wesamchon! Can’t wait for it...”

“Okay then, have a good day! And say hi to Jung Yonghwa from me.” He winked before he started his car.

It took a few seconds for Seohyun and Tiffany to realized his last sentence.

“WHAT??!!! JUNG YONGHWA????” Tiffany shouted as she looked so surprised.

“Unnie~ Jebaaal~” Seohyun whined. Begged to her cousin to not react too much.

“But, what happen with him? Explain to me, Seohyun-ahh! Right now!” Tiffany said sternly.

“There’s nothing, Unnie. Jinjja. Yesterday...”

Seohyun was about to giving her an excuse when suddenly, “Oh My Gosh!” Tiffany screamed again. It seemed like she remember something. This time, she succeed make everyone looked at them.

“What happen? What happen with you, Guys? Why do you scream, Unnie? Did I miss something?” suddenly Soyou appeared out of no where.

OH NOOOOO....Not Soyou pleaseeeeeeeee....

Seohyun looked at her cousin’s eyes, silently begged to her to not tell anything to Soyou.

Tiffany chuckled, but she smiled evilly, “Nothing. But I know which class that had PE class two hours before break yesterday...” she said as she took a glance to Seohyun who became so panic.

“Really, Unnie? Which class? Tell me ppalli...” Soyou became enthusiast.

“......” Tiffany held her answered as Seohyun shook her head, begged. But suddenly Seohyun caught Tiffany’s eyes that stared to someone who walked towards Nickhkhun in the gate.

“Oh...no...”

“JUNG YONGHWAAAAAAA!!!” and Tiffany screamed so hard.

Seohyun felt her eyes became teary while her heart was pounding so crazily.

She tried to not look at him, but she saw him turned towards them, surprised with sudden shout from Tiffany. He just about to replied, when he caught Seohyun presence.

“Good morning, Joohyun-ssi.” He greeted Seohyun first before, “Yahh, Fany-yahh! Why did you scream at me like that???”

DIES...