Four

Summer Blues~

The next Monday

Seohyun looked at the mirror, ensured her presence. Her swollen eyes were not too visible. It was looked so bad yesterday.

Her parent was so worried, but Seohyun decided to not say anything to them. It seemed like her parent understood, they didn’t ask further.

Not every first love ended beautifully. It was her faith to have a sad first love like this. But in the future, she was so sure that it would be a beautiful memory for her. So, she decided to accept the fact. She was so broken heart, but she needed to move on.

Fighting, Seohyun-ahh!!! She was cheering herself.

Seohyun just walked in the school gate, when suddenly she felt her wrist being pulled by someone.

“Yahh! What are you doing?” Seohyun said, felt so annoyed by her best friend act.

Soyou just drag her to the school corner.

“Did you hear that? The news?” she asked to the point.

“News? What news?” Seohyun asked back.

“Yonghwa Sunbaenim rejected Park Shinhye confession...”

Seohyun needed some times to absorb the news before squealed, “W – what???”

“H – how...” Seohyun just about to ask further when suddenly Tiffany appeared in front of them.

“I followed you two from the gate,” Tiffany said calmly. “Yes, surprisingly, he rejected her.” She added.

“But, the song? It’s so obvious that he wrote the song for her, isn’t it?” Seohyun couldn’t believe what was happened.

“Yes, it’s confused me too.” Tiffany said again as she bite her thumb. “At first, I thought that he looked at you during his performance. But it before I knew that Shinhye was standing in front of us too.”

“And he had accompanied Shinhye Sunbaenim to her home too...” Soyou added and succeed make Tiffany looked at her immediately.

“Geez...she was really bragging around about that to everyone. She doesn’t know that Yonghwa had took most of his yeoja friends to their home before.” Tiffany mumbled. “He even accompanied Seohyun until Wesamchon arrived, didn’t he?”

Seohyun felt her heart started to thump again.

 “Actually, he had took me home too...” Seohyun stated abruptly.

Tiffany and Soyou looked at her immediately.

“Jinjja? But his home is opposite with yours!” Tiffany said as she was squealing. “As far as I know, he just offered to accompany his friends who live in the same way to his home.” Tiffany looked so excited out of sudden.

“W – what do you mean, Unnie?” Seohyun asked as she stuttered.

“Just tell me what time when he asked you to take you home?” Tiffany asked impatiently.

“About 8 o’clock...?” Seohyun answered as she tried to remember. “It was after our dance practice, Soyou-yahh.”

“Hmm...yes Unnie, we never practice more than 8 o’clock back then.” Soyou added it.

“Ommo~” Tiffany squealed again.

“Yahh! Don’t make us confuse, Unnie! Explain to us, ppalli!” Soyou grew impatient.

“Oh My Gosh! 8 O’clock is still early. I just remember that the reason he took me home back then was because it almost midnight. Does it mean...” but Tiffany held her explanation when suddenly she caught Seohyun’s expression. “Do you have something to tell us?”

Seohyun hesitated at first, she was afraid with the possibility. She couldn’t bear it, what if it was not like she expected?

“Hmmm...actually...after I knew that Khunnie Oppa told him about my feeling, I avoided him. No, I ran away from him. It was so obvious, and he realized it. He asked me what happened. But I was too embarrassed to tell him back then. He looked so angry and told me that he was so sorry if he had offended me. He said that he won’t trouble me again...”

Seohyun stopped her explanation out of sudden.

“And then...?” Tiffany and Soyou asked at the same time, curious with what happened after that.

“...he said that he waited me at the bus stop near my house, the morning after he took me home...”

“KYAAAAAAA??!!!”

Tiffany screamed out loud, while Soyou knocked Seohyun’s head.

“Yahh!! You!! Babbo yahh!!” Soyou shouted at Seohyun.

“He likes you, Hyunnie~ He likes you!!!” Tiffany ended all the conversation with one sentence that hung in her ear.

“How come you didn’t tell us about that?” Soyou felt so irritated suddenly. “You really didn’t trust us, did you! Jinjja...”

“But he treats everyone kindly. I thought that what he did to me was same like he did to his other friends...”

“Yahh!!! How come he needed to trouble himself took you home, when his home is opposite with yours? And he waited you in the bus stop, but you just went to school with your father. After that, he angry when you avoided him out of sudden.” Tiffany shouted at her in the end, felt so irritated by her cousin silliness.

“And I’m so sure that Love Light is for you, Hyunnie-yahh, not for Shinhye Sunbenim...” Soyou stated abruptly.

“Yeah, I think so too...”

“You need to ensure it, Hyunnie-yahh!”

“M – mwo?” Seohyun shocked by Soyou suggestion. “Ensure what?”

“His feeling...” Soyou replied lightly as if it was the most simple thing to do, when it actually the most impossible thing to do for Seohyun.

“Yahh! How can I do that??” Seohyun shouted at her.

“Why not?” Soyou argued back.

“It’s impossible...”

“Yahh!! It’s not impossible. It’s you who think that it’s impossible. Just throw your logic for a while, Seohyun-ahh. He likes you. Do you want to miss your chance again?”

“But...but I can’t...” Seohyun said stubbornly.

“Yahh! You...”

Soyou just about to argue back when suddenly tiffany said, “Stop it! You two...”

“You know Seohyun so well, Soyou-yahh. She won’t do that. Forever. It just wastes our time to persuade her to do that thing.” Tiffany said to Soyou. “And you, Seohyun-ahh. You can’t reach your happiness if you still like that. Sometimes, throw away your logic doesn’t mean that you throw your pride. Just think simply, Seohyun-ahh. Or you’ll regret it later.” This time Tiffany said to Seohyun.

Tiffany’s advice was really hit her.

Should I do that? But, I can’t....

***

After that day, Seohyun still avoided Yonghwa. She still didn’t know what to do, while Yonghwa did the same as her.

Is he really likes me? But he avoided me.

If he really likes me, he shouldn’t give up so easily like that.

So it’s mean that he really...doesn’t like me...?

Seohyun was so busy with her own thought, when suddenly someone approached her.

“Hi, Joohyun-ssi!”

Seohyun forgot that she should not to choose this way, because the possibility to meet him in this area was so high.

Ahh...stupid me!

After her performances in the School Festival last week, Seohyun suddenly became popular. Everyone in the school finally realized that she was really good in playing music instrument, especially piano and violin, she could dance beautifully, and her voice was heavenly too. But the main point was she always became the top in her class.

She never wanted this kind of popularity. But it happened. It seemed like not only Yonghwa who became more popular. Seohyun too.

It had been three days that Kyuhyun always tried to take her home. He obviously liked her. Everyone could see it too. But Seohyun didn’t feel the same. It wasn’t because Kyuhyun lack in some ways. He was a School President. He was handsome and his grade was always good. But Seohyun couldn’t force her feeling.

She didn’t want to give him a hope, because she knew exactly the feeling when the fact hit you who already expected something. It really hurt.

Because of that, Seohyun always rejected him politely. She always made the things between them clear. But it was Kyuhyun who didn’t give up easily. And it annoyed her in the end.

“Annyeong haseyo, Sunbaenim...” Seohyun greeted politely.

“Are you going home?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Ne~” Seohyun replied shortly

“Could I...”

Kyuhyun was about to offering his accompany again when Seohyun cut it off, “Thank you so much, Sunbaenim. But, you don’t have to.” Seohyun tried to be polite but it seemed like it didn’t make him understand. So she decided to reject him directly.

Kyuhyun surprised with her bold rejection. But he smiled in the end. “Look, Joohyun-ssi. I know you don’t like me...yet. But you probably know too that I’m not a typical person who will give up easily. Come on, take you home won’t hurt you.” As she expected, he insisted.

“I understand, Sunbaenim. You won’t give up easily. And you’re totally right that take me home won’t hurt me.” Seohyun took a deep breath before she continued. “But if you really like me, you should consider my comfort. Do you know that your stubbornness make me feel so uncomfortable? You should understand my feeling. You couldn’t force my feel...ing...”

DANG!!!

Suddenly, a new fact hit her.

What did I just say? ‘If you really like me, you should consider my comfort. You should understand my feeling’.

He said that I looked so uncomfortable around him. He didn’t mean to avoid me? Oh My God...

But, what if...’Throw away your logic doesn’t mean that you throw away your pride’.

Tiffany unnie is right. There’s no point to just thinking and doubt it alone. At least, I should make it sure like Soyou said.

Does he like me or not? If he doesn’t, so it doesn’t matter. I will accept it.

Seohyun turned around immediately. She ran and left Kyuhyun rooted in his spot alone.

Seohyun ran as she tried to remember where he is possibly at that time. But she just knew one place, band club room. He just hoped that he still there at this hour. She should make it sure, when her courage was burning up like this.

Finally, she arrived in front of band club room. She still pant, the effect of her ran, when suddenly the door of band club room opened.

It was...Jung Yonghwa. With his three band mates.

“We’re going first, Hyung!” the tallest among the three said cheerfully as he patted Yonghwa’s shoulder.

After his three band mates gone, Yonghwa finally asked, “What happen, Joohyun-ssi?”

But Seohyun just rooted in her place. She didn’t say anything, until she cried. She cried soundlessly.

It succeed make Yonghwa panic.

“Are you crying?” Yonghwa asked, shocked because Seohyun just appeared in front of him and cried. “Why are you crying?” he walked fast towards her, worried. “Are you sick?”

When Yonghwa arrived in front of her, Seohyun shook her head and said. “I’m sorry, Sunbaenim. I’m so sorry...”

Yonghwa was speechless by her sudden statement.

“I’m sorry for all my rudeness. I’m sorry if you felt so offended by me. I’m sorry for hurting you, when you always treat me kindly. I’m sorry...” Seohyun cried out her apologized as she still sobbed hard. “I’m sorry. I just felt so embarrassed because Khunnie Oppa told you about my feeling...”

Yonghwa puzzled at first, but he finally understood it by her last sentence.

“...Without I realized it, my hope towards you grew up because of you kindness. I mean...I mean it’s not your fault, Sunbaenim. I’m not blaming your kindness, jinjja. Please don’t misunderstand it. I just...I just felt so ashamed when I knew that you’re so kind. You treat everyone kindly. You didn’t kind just to me. You just...”

But Yonghwa chuckled out of sudden and succeed make Seohyun stopped her cry.

“You...you’re not angry anymore?” Seohyun asked innocently.

“No, I’m not.” Yonghwa replied simply. “That’s true that I was so angry back then. But I was not angry with you, I was angry with myself...”

“But, with all my rudeness towards you, I...” Seohyun just about to cut Yonghwa’s explanation.

“Joohyun-ssi...” but Yonghwa cut it off again. He smiled before he continued, “You know what, you think too much...”

“I – I...what?” Seohyun surprised by Yonghwa statement.

Yonghwa took a deep breath, “Look, Joohyun-ssi. You’re really thinking too much. I thought you understand with all I have did to you.

Honestly, after Nickhkhun told me about your feeling, I thought he just lied. He was just joking around, because you obviously looked uncomfortable around me. You always tried to avoid me. At first, I decided to just act as I didn’t know anything. Until I saw it...your sparkling eyes, every time you excited about something.

Yes, I admit it that I started to watch over you after I knew about your feeling. And I found...those eyes...I really wanted to look it clearly, but I was afraid. I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable, so I held it.”

Seohyun just held her breath as she heard Yonghwa explanation.

“But the chance came that night, I encouraged myself to take you home. You don’t know how happy I was when you didn’t refuse my offer. And finally I realized it, my feeling towards you.” Yonghwa held his explanation again as he stared at her. “I waited you the next morning, but you went with your father. I disappointed but I knew that it was my fault to not tell you first that I waited you. And when I thought that I have a chance, you ran away from me. I thought that you finally realized my feeling and you felt uncomfortable because of that. So I stopped.”

Yonghwa didn’t continue. He just stared at her. Seohyun felt so hot out of sudden. Her mind was blank. She really couldn’t absorb what he was talking about.

“I – I...” Seohyun tried to say something but...

“I like you, Joohyun-ssi...” Yonghwa cut it off with his confession.

“.......”

“Y – you...what?” Seohyun shocked by Yonghwa sudden confession.

Yonghwa chuckled when he saw Seohyun expression. “Yes, I like you, Joohyun-ssi. Why you can’t realize it? I think I already show you my feeling so obviously.”

“But...you treat your friends so kindly too…” Seohyun expressed her doubt.

“What?” Yonghwa puzzled at first, but he giggled. “I don’t know that being so kind sometimes can be so troublesome like this. Yes, I do. But have I told you that I watched over you these days? I have told you that I know you were so busy...”

Seohyun silent again, but she needed to make clear everything. “But I heard that you always accompanied most of your yeoja friends to their home...”

“Neh~?” Yonghwa surprised again and chuckled in the end. “Yes, I had. But I never offer to friends who live opposite from my house. Did I tell you that I slept in my Imo house? How come you couldn’t realize my sacrifice? And I told you that I waited you the next morning. I just do that to someone that I care about...”

...someone that I care about...Oh My God!!! Ottokeeee....I’ll be crazy....

“...and that song...? The stars?” Seohyun still curious about one thing.

“Ahh...so you misinterpreted my song too.” Yonghwa looked so sad out of sudden. “I just realized it when Shinhye said about that last week. Trust me, I wrote that song for you. Can you realize it? ‘You’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky’? More-beautiful-than-the-stars. It definitely not hers.”

“But...”

Seohyun just about to ask again when suddenly she felt something stopped her. Something silenced . When she realized it, Yonghwa already...kissed her.

It just a peck, but it succeed make Seohyun speechless. Yonghwa giggled as he pulled out himself. “You think too much. I told you. Just think it simply. What you need to do right now is tell all your thoughts. Now, I ask you, do you like me or not?”

Seohyun was not fully back to her sense, so she didn’t say anything.

Did he...did he just kiss me? Ommaaaa, it’s my first kiss...

“Do you like me or not?” Yonghwa repeated his question, but she still silent. “If you don’t answer me, I’ll kiss you again!” Yonghwa threaten her as he chuckled.

“M – Mwo?” Seohyun surprised by Yonghwa’s treat. “How – how come you...”

But Yonghwa leaned his face towards her and succeed make her panic, “I like you! I like you, Sunbenim!” Seohyun shouted her feeling abruptly, afraid that Yonghwa would kiss her again.

And Yonghwa laughed so hard. “Aigoo, you’re so cute, Hyun~...”

Hyun~? Did he just call me Hyun~? Oh My God...saves me...save meeeeeee.....

“I think all clear now. Do you want to be my girlfriend?” Yonghwa asked abruptly.

Seohyun shocked for a while, but she already used to Yonghwa sudden action, so she just nodded shyly.

“Can I hug you?” Yonghwa asked again.

“Neh~?”

But Yonghwa didn’t wait her answer and just pulled her into his embrace.

“I’m sorry for the kiss and this hug. I just can’t hold it anymore, Hyun~” He said as he chuckled again. Seohyun could feel his heartbeat in his embrace.

Is it for real? I – I’m Yonghwa Sunbenim’s girlfriend?

“But I think, I need to tell you something.” Yonghwa said as he still hugged her. “I’m maybe known as a kind person. But do you know that I’m known as a byuntae too?”

“M – Mwo?”

And Yonghwa chuckled again...

***

The next morning

Seohyun came to school with Yonghwa, her boyfriend. He intertwined her hand tightly.

Oh My God, I still can’t believe it! Yonghwa Sunbae...ahh I mean Yonghwa Oppa is my boyfriend now. I need to take back my words before, my first love story is the most wonderful story in my life...

“I need to tell everyone in the school that you’re my girlfriend now,” he said sternly when she just got out from the bus.

Seohyun just knew that Yonghwa was such a jealousy boyfriend. But she didn’t mind it all. She found it so cute.

“Ommo~ ommo~ what is that mean???”

They heard someone shouted at them.

“Here we go...” Seohyun said as rolled her eyes. Yonghwa just chuckled.

They turned around and found out Tiffany was running towards them, left Nickhkhun again.

“Yahh!!! You’re together now?” Tiffany screamed, surprised with what she saw. She needed a few seconds before she turned to Seohyun. “Yahh!! You!! How come you don’t tell me first, Seohyun-ahh!!!”

But Seohyun just laughed at her cousin. Nickhkhun already joined with them too.

“Because I know you’ll react like this, Unnie. So, I decided to just let you know now...”

Yonghwa chuckled again by Seohyun explanation and succeed make Tiffany stared at him, angrily. “Yahh!! You, Jung Yonghwa!!! Don’t laugh!!! Seohyun-ahh, you must be careful. I forget to tell you that he is so byuntae...” Tiffany talked as she screamed until Nickhkhun should cupped , prevented her to talk again.

“Yahh! Don’t scream, Miyoung-ahh!” Nickhkhun said as he chuckled too. In his eyes, what his girlfriend did was so cute.

Soyou who just arrived, decided to joined their conversation too. But she was so surprised when she saw Yonghwa’s hand entertwined her best friend’s hand. She just screamed soundlessly.

“Yahh!!” Yonghwa started to argue back as he couldn’t hold his laughed. “I’m just being byuntae when I talked about ert things with my male friends. It’s normal, you know! And, may I remind you that your boyfriend is a byuntae too?”

“W – What?” Nickhkhun surprised by Yonghwa’s sudden attack. But it succeed make Tiffany silent for a while.

“...and just so you know, Joohyun already knew that I’m byuntae...” Yonghwa added as he lifted Seohyun’s chin and pecked her lips in front of them.

Seohyun’s eyes grew wider as she screamed “Ngggg......”

“KYAAAAAAAAAA???!!!!”

“ANDWAAAEEEEEEE...MY BABY HYUNNIE~!!!!!”

 

THE END

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note :

Annyeong~ I'm sorry for my late update...

I planned to post the last two chapters last night, but I felt so dizzy...

And vomitted so much since morning...

So, could you bear with my messy english and typos in this story? I hope you will...

 

I'll try to write for update my first story, I'm sorry for my lacks in writting...thank you for still supporting me until now...huhuhuhu

Thank you so much for all your comments, subscribes, and upvotes.

I'll try my best for my next update, so please...comment pleaseeee hehehe...

Read your comments really makes me feel so fresh...

 

Yongseo Forever

 

-ubie24-