Annoying Kid

A Chef,A Garbage Girl
I was born to be a chef,I was gifted,I was talented,I had a passion in cooking. I was a Korean but I moved to Paris when my father been offered to work there. But,we would never know what could happen,he died for no reason. He was my only family,my mother was dead when I was 11 due to a serious car accident. And I had no siblings. But I still had a soul and I'm still alive because I know the way to survive. Not long after that,I interviewed at the Indestructible Restaurant. A five-star restaurant in Paris,the manager there was a very strict person. Everything must be perfect. I was very excited when I got the news that I've been accepted to work at the most popular restaurant in Paris,I was hoping to able to show my talent but when I got there. Brooms and mops are what they gave me. Cooking oils,pans and foods I owned none. I was accepted to be a garbage girl. I looked at all the talented chefs and they were all males except for one. She,the heartless and emotionless girl was there ordering all the male chefs to do that and this with a stern voice. The main problem in my life was... No one noticed me,if there was nobody noticed me..how can they notice my talent? My alarm rang,I groaned annoyingly knowing that another garbage day as a garbage girl with no one noticing me had come. I rode my bicycle to the back of the restaurant which the door leads to the kitchen. As usual,all of the chefs were already here. Flying pans,flying foods,flying sauces all of them were flying,with chefs running back and forth obeying the order the one and only female chef gave with her familiar stern voice,Tiffany Hwang. They were in hell,they were really in a mess. And between all those orders she told them to do,I swore that she stole glances at me. I pretended that I didn't know and started to clean the mess they made. Man,why would I clean up the mess they made? Oh yeah,because I was the garbage girl. I saw tiny feet standing in front of me and I lifted my head a bit just to be greeted by an annoying smile. "Yah! Ahjumma! You can't even do the cleaning purposely!" A kid teased,raising his voice. Causing all the chefs stopped what they were doing and looked at us. I knew he did that on purpose. Wait,ahjumma? How did he know that word? Was he Korean too? "Hey garbage ahjumma! There's a rat died down there! Go clean it!" He added and laughed annoyingly. Those chefs were still staring at me and there,I saw she glanced at me again. I hid my red face,trying to hide my embarrassment. Who the hell bought a kid here?! I cursed silently. "Taecyeon-ah. You shouldn't talk like that to your elders. Apologize now!" A female voice scolded from my back. I turned around and saw Tiffany furrowing her eyebrow,arms crossed between her chest while tapping her foot. "S-sorry aunty. I won't do it again." He lowered his head. "Not to me! But that noona,you embarrased her. Say sory to her!" She stated while pointing towards my direction. "Noona,mianhae." He bowed to me and left the kitchen. There was a hint of scared in his voice. Another Korean words,noona and mianhae. From his pronunciation,I could know that he was Korean. Tiffany turned to the chefs, "What are you guys looking at?! Continue!!" She ordered with that stern voice again,and of course. No one could win against her since she was the most powerful chef. "Are you okay?" She asked,I continued swiping the dirty floor and nodded nervously without looking at her. "I'm sorry for that. He's my nephew and his family are busy so I had to bring him here." She explained,I shaked my head. Telling that I had no problem with that. Well yes I had,that bastard called me garbage ahjumma in front of all of the chefs! I was lucky because nobody understood it and the manager was not there. "You're Kim Taeyeon,right?" She questioned again and I nodded my head. I was a little surprised when her voice turned soft. I mean,really really soft. I was not used to it because from the first day I worked here,she never talked to me. No one had ever did. Finally,at least someone noticed me today. It was a big change from the usual days. "Hey. If I talk to you,look at me and answer my questions with your mouth. I don't understand body-language." She lifted my chin with one of her fingers and my eyes automatically landed on hers. This was the first time I look at her eyes this close with her finger on my chin. Dugeun dugeun. Stupid heart. Why were you pumping my blood that fast? It was already the time that the restaurant close. All of them are gone except me. I double-checked everything and let out an exhausted sigh before switching off the lights. I locked the door and turned around,Tiffany was there. Sitting on my bicycle while scrolling her phone. "Hmm? Oh you're here!" She stated,not with her stern voice,not with her soft voice. This time she used her charming voice. "Is this bicycle yours?" She asked while pressing the break,I just nodded. "I told you I don't understand body-language." She stood up and walked near me. "Let me ask you again. Is that bicycle yours?" She repeated her questions while pointing at my bicycle and was staring at me. I had no choice,if I nodded again. She will definitely ask me the same question over and over again. "Y-yes." I replied. "Bravo! That's the way to talk! 'Yes' is the first word you tell me!" She beamed a smile to me,her eyes crept into a cresent. Dugeun dugeun. There you go again stupid heart.