Where it all begins...

The Dark Angel


Thank you all my beautiful readers and subscribers for your support! Hope you like this  chapter!

Note: Suho is about 19 years old in this chapter. Chaerin is about 21 years old. 

      Just in case you are confused, on earth, you age faster than in the heavens or in hell. This means that even though Chaerin's escape seems like a day, in reality it takes about 14 days, which is about 14 years on earth.


The escape from hell is easy

It is staying hidden from the darkness and his helpers that is hard

That is what makes it more painful...

Setting yourself free only to be dragged back to the same prison you escaped from

The reality is harsh

Knowing wherever you go, you will never be truly free

But, even worse

Dying in the same place you freed yourself from

Coming so close to freedom

To sacrifice yourself for another

 

 

Moments passed before Chaerin could even gather her words, it had been years since she had seen this angel that used to visit her dreams, protecting and preserving her thoughts from the complete darkness and depression that surrounded her.

 

I didn't think you'd be able to make it .” Chaerin hugged her beloved friend before releasing him to examine his matured features.

 

You have not changed since the first day you communicated with me, Kim Heechul.”

 

Chaerin's smile displayed pure bliss as she stared into his bright eyes, her hand carefully caressing his face, causing a huge smile to break out on his face.

 

In this moment, everything seemed perfect for the pair, the minutes sliding away, in the chaos of creatures rushing past them, up the path to the River of Styx. Time stopped as they held each other until a sharp pain shoot through Chaerin's body, causing her to convulse.

 

Flashes of painfully bright light flashed through Chaerin's mind as she stared into Heechul 's eyes, Chaerin slowly crumbled to her knees, Heechul catching her unconscious body as it fell to the floor.

 

The blinding lights became clear as images of Suho settled into her mind: Suho in the field, his beautiful hands grazing the flowers, each slowing dying under his touch, tears of rage falling from his precise eyes as he begged the heavens for death.

 

A sight that slowly killed Chaerin...her heart slowly longing to hold onto him, comfort him. Their bond getting stronger the more Chaerin willed herself to sacrifice her whole being for Suho. It was no longer a matter of protecting his purity and grace for the world and humanity's sake, but saving someone that acted as her disease, infecting her mind and effecting her choices.

 

Someone help me....I can't live like this anymore. I need to leave..i..I’m gonna die, living amongst these oblivious beings, I need to leave. His voice echoed in her head.

 

Heechul panicked as light radiated from Chaerin's body. Acting fast, Heechul picked her up bridal style before sprinting, trying to make it to the river before her soul collapsed from the inside. This wasn't supposed to happen, she was supposed to survive this, she was just supposed to help him, not die for him! Why is her mental bond with the child so strong?

 

The answer to Heechul 's question was one that would take years to answer.

 

Because no matter how much Chaerin was to love Heechul or for Heechul to love Chaerin, fate would have the final say.

 

Suho held a bond with the dark angel that not even the gods in the heavens, or the beasts down below could destroy, a bond that no one would ever understand how much power it held.

 

Chaerin wasn't chosen to be Suho 's guardian, she was destined to be.


This chapter was very short (maybe a little too short) but was needed to show the different relationships in the story.

Please comment, subscribe or do whatever! Sorry I have not updated recently.

P.S: Heechul is about 27 years old in this chapter. He is a good angel (from the heavens) and Chaerin's guardian, this is possible since Chaerin isn't a demon or an other worldly creature- but more a lost angel. Therefore, she can have a guardian. Heechul used to visit her dreams when Chaerin was in her childhood and adulescence, helping to keep her away from the dark. Has apparent feelings for her.

Have a nice night/day!