Staircase Trouble

Derailed With You

      At the end of the hall was a staircase. Not looking back, we ran down the broken stairs, with the guards shooting from behind us. Next to us was a destroyed escalator, with wires protruding from it. The army stopped at the top of the stairs and continued shooting, causing a stray bullet to hit the escalator, which then created a small fire. Ahead of us was a pile of rubble, which blocked the entrance into the subway.

 “What do we do? We can’t turn back”, Tao stated.

“That’s the least of our worries. The escalator is on fire”, I replied staring at the blazing flames which were becoming stronger.

“Maybe the sprinkler system is still intact”, Tao hoped.

I wish for it to be, but I know that the system is most likely damaged. I looked at Tao who was now in a roar of panic, staring back at me.

“We have to go back up there”, I stated.

“But they will kill us”, Tao replied.

“We can’t stay down here either”, I stated.

Looking around the station, I saw something beneficial to us. On the wall sat a fire extinguisher, in good condition. I ran to it, and then ran back to Tao.

“Good we can put the fire out”, Tao stated.

“The fire has gotten to large; I have another idea for it. This is our weapon against the army”, I stated.

“I see. We’ll use it as a distraction. Once we get to the top you must spray it immediately”, Tao stated. I nodded back to him. “I love you.”

“I love you too”, I stated before grabbing Tao’s hand.

        Quickly we ran back up the stairs inhaling the smoke of the growing electrical fire. As we neared the top of the stairs, I had my hand ready to spray the white dust, from the fire extinguisher. The top of the stairs were clear, not a soldier was there. I guess they figured the fire was going to kill us. Tao and I crept back down the hall, with fear consuming our emotions. A little ahead of us was the soldiers chatting in a group.

“We need to make it appear that everyone is dead”, a soldier spoke. “It must look like our Anchored Earth died protecting these people.

      After that statement, we heard and array of bullets fire, then a few bodies dropping. Some soldiers were shot by their own comrades, just so it can appear that this government is pure. The remaining soldiers ran off, giving us the opportunity to go towards the end of the hall. Along the way, we passed the freshly shot bodies. Though they did try to kill us, I could not help feeling sorry for them. These soldiers did not deserve to die that way. They did not deserve to give their honor to the Anchored Earth.

“We need to find a way out of here”, Tao stated.

“Maybe we should follow them”, I suggested.

“That’s too dangerous, one false move and they will kill us.”

“It seems like they swept through this station or at least this part of the station. I think we’re safe for now.”

“I still think it’s a bad idea”, Tao stated. “We should just go the opposite way that they went.”

“Okay, they went right, so that means we should go left.”

     Stealthily we walked the opposite way of the soldiers, moving swiftly as well. I followed behind my own brave soldier hoping that he will lead us into safety. Tao abruptly stopped my body though, because a group of soldiers stood in front of us. Slowly we began backing up, but one of the soldiers noticed us.

“Fire!” he shouted.


Hey beautifu people!!! It seems Tao and Sehun can't catch a break! Will these finally be there end? will they escape alive?

I guess you'll find out next update