Aftermath

Derailed With You

“We have to help those people”, Yixing stated.

“We have to help ourselves first”, Jongdae spoke. “This smoke will kill us even if we help them.”

“We cannot escape the smoke. It is trapped down here.” Yixing replied.

“Just like we are”, I spoke.

At the same instance we heard another explosion. This explosion made the ground shake for a few moments.

“That sounded close by”, Jongdae said.

“Maybe another train exploded”, I suggested.

“If so then we need to head back. Going further is only going to allow more smoke in our lungs”, Jongdae stated.

“You’re right. We must go back. Maybe we can try getting through the rubble”, I replied.

“What other choice do we have”, Jongdae replied.

“But those people up there need our help”, Yixing stated.

“We can’t save them without killing ourselves”, Jongdae spoke. “If we try to save them, then all of us will end up dead.”

“There is probably children up there”, Yixing stated.

“Forget about it!” Jongdae yelled.

“No. I have to help them”, Yixing stated walking towards the train car. Before that car was another. It seems that the front of the train is not as far as I originally thought.

“Are you going to follow him as well?” Jongdae questioned. I rather not be left alone with him, but I cannot leave this world and Tao behind.

      The two of us crawled back to our original place, behind train car twenty nine. On our trip there, we crawled passed Luna’s body. She did not even leave her position against the wall to follow us. As we were inching on the uncomfortable ground, we felt the ground shake again.

“What’s going on?”Jongdae asked.

“It must be an aftershock”, I replied.

       The already weak walls began shaking again. The shaking was not as powerful as the first, but it did pack a punch. Train car thirty broke in half after the shaking. The rubble that separated the car began pouring out of the wall exposing the other half of the train. I could barely see, but my hearing was still intact. “Sehun”, someone called. Hope took over my rapidly beating heart. Though my lungs were completely clouded at this point, I shouted to the voice. As I ran to the car thirty, I saw a body running towards me. I stopped a bit to get a glimpse of the person. “Tao”, I smiled. I ran to him with my arms opened. He bear hugged me, wrapping his arms securely around me. Even though my back was still in pain because of the cut, I could not miss out on hugging the love of my life.

“I thought you left me”, I stated.

“I would never leave you”, Tao replied.

“You were trapped on the train?” I asked.

“Yeah, I woke up with my head in pain. It was dark in there. I couldn’t see anything. I kept screaming out your name hoping you would hear me. I thought I was going to be trapped in their forever”, Tao cried. “I thought I was never going to see you.”

“I’m here”, I stated grabbing his face. “And I am never going anywhere ever again.”

“You guys seem pretty close for friends”, Jongdae replied.

“Who is he?” Tao broke from my hands.

“He is a survivor that I’ve met”, I replied.

“You think help is on its way yet?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know. We only know the scene from down here. Who knows what the carnage is above?” I coughed. My coughing intensified. I began hacking, causing concern from Tao.

“Here take my jacket. Wrap it around your mouth and nose”, Tao stated. I did as he said. I used the collar of his black jacket to protect my nose and mouth. A very faint scent of Tao’s cologne went through my nostrils. His scent comforts me. “How much smoke did you breathe in?” Tao questioned.

“Enough to kill”, Jongdae replied. “Are you sure you two aren’t a couple of gays?” he eyed us.

“And if we are?” Tao asked defensively.

“Tao”, I tried to speak but I ended up coughing.

“Don’t speak baby. We need to find you some water”, Tao replied.

“Baby?” Jongdae questioned. “So you are one of them. This is why the earthquake happened. God is punishing us for your lifestyle. There is a reason our Anchored Earth ban your choice of sin.”

     Jongdae’s words went straight through my ear to my heart. Are we the cause of this? Is this my fault that people have died? Maybe I should have followed the Anchored Earth ways. My father would always tell me that my choice in life would kill me. Is it finally happening? A round of booms ended my paranoid thoughts. The three of us wondered what caused them. Eventually loud footsteps came in our direction. The footsteps were made by a small troop of Anchored Earth soldiers.

“Hello”, I’m officer Siwon. A tall man in brown uniform spoke. “Are you three alright?”

“Yes we are. You got down here really fast”, Jongdae replied.

“We are here to serve and protect our Anchored Earth”, Siwon stated.

“Baby, something isn’t right”, Tao whisper to me. Something certainly isn’t right. Why would they have guns, if they are here to rescue people?

“Where are the other survivors?” Jongdae asked.

“Oh there won’t be any survivors from Line One”, Siwon smirked.

“What do you mean?” Jongdae questioned.

“Baby, we need to run”, Tao whispered to me. “Can you do that for me?”

“Yes”, I whispered.

“When I say when, we are going to run behind the Anchored Earth supporter”, Tao replied.

“What are you two whispering about?” Siwon asked.

“Probably about sodomizing each other after this is over. They are a part of the gay cult”, Jongdae stated.

“Oh really? That lifestyle is banned in our Anchored Earth”, Siwon stated. “But it doesn’t really matter, because all three of you are going to die.”

“Now!” Tao yelled.

      The both of us ran behind Jongdae. As we ran, Siwon and the other soldiers began shooting. Multiple bullets hit Jongdae, leaving him lifeless. Tao grabbed a hold of his body and used him as shield to allow us to run away from the soldiers. Tao had to run backwards, so I helped guide him by grabbing onto his white t-shirt. We ran until we reached the rubble.

“What do we do now?” I asked.

“Look, there is a door over there”, Tao stated pointing to the wall. I guess the smoke didn’t allow us to see that before. Now that we are closer, it is a bit clearer. “Let’s run.” Tao let go of Jongdae’s body and we ran to the door. I sprinted like an Olympic athlete to the silver medal. Tao opened the silver door and quickly closed it once I entered.

“Does it lock?” I asked.

“Yeah, but it’s not going to hold them off for long.”

“Why are they doing this? It makes sense to kill us, but not Jongdae”, I stated.

“I’m not sure. This government is insane. You’d think they would be helping us not killing more of us, especially after the corruption they are facing”, Tao replied.

“That’s why they are doing this, to cover up their corruption. Killing every survivor down here will cause a national mourning. The men and women would have put their lives on the line for us during this disaster. Anchored Earth would look good again”, I stated.

“That’s horrible, to use this tragedy as an advantage for them”, Tao replied.

“I know, but what are we going to do?”

“We have to see where this place will take us”, Tao stated.


Heyy beautiful people! Sehun and Tao have been reunited, but for how long?

Hmm...see you guys next update