Control Room

Derailed With You

     The room was a midsize control office. Many pipes, cords and electrical wire hung from the ceiling and walls. A few things were misplaced in the room, and a few wires and pipes were ruptured. Compared to the tracks the room wasn’t as damaged, but the floor was ruptured.

“It seems like there is no way out”, Tao stated.

“Unless we go up”, I spoke looking at a hole in the ceiling.

“I don’t think that is safe.”

“It’s our only choice. We can’t go back out there.”

“Fine”, Tao stated.

“Good I’ll boast you up” I said.

     I kneeled down so Tao could get on my shoulders. He was pretty heavy; his weight was pressuring my shoulders. I couldn’t wait until he reached the top, with all of the running and near death experiences, my body is weaker.

“I think above us is some type of air vent”, Tao stated from a top of my shoulders.

“Okay, is it safe to go in?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Do you think we should give it a shot?”

“What if our weight makes it collapse?” I pondered.

 “You’re right. Wait”, Tao stated climbing into the hole.

“What are you doing?” I asked. I could see him maneuvering himself over the air vent and grabbing a broken pipe in the dark void.

“I think I see a light. Maybe if we carefully climb up here then we can get to the top.”

“Are you insane?” I questioned. “Climbing through there can get us killed. The pipes could be weak. They may not hold. The dry wall fumes are not safe to breathe in. Besides we don’t know what that light is.”

     A thunderous banging at the door alarmed both Tao and I. It sent chills throughout my body. I knew it was the soldiers coming to rid of us for good.

“Sehun, get up here now!” Tao shouted.

“How I can’t reach”, I panicked. The sliver door continued to be hit by a strong object. I could see the marks that the object left behind on my side of the door.

“I’m going to climb down and I’m going to sit on your shoulders again. Once I’m there you’re going climb up my body and goes towards the light”, Tao firmly commanded.

     Quickly Tao rest himself on my shoulders. The booms on the door made me quiver in nervousness. I heard a pop. The pop was the doorknob flying off from the door.

“Sehun climb now!” Tao yelled.

I kept staring at the door because I knew it would only be a few seconds before the soldiers arrive in the room.

“Sehun!” Tao shouted.

      I broke from my trance and drop Tao from my shoulders. I used his belt as grip while climbing his body as my person ladder. I could feel him grunting, trying to hold on to the air vent as hard as he could. I knew I had to increase my speed for my fighting lover. When I got to his neck I grabbed the vent, following the pattern Tao made moments ago.

“I can’t get back up” Tao stated.

     The door soon busted open. Various calls of “freeze” sounded as the soldiers came rushing in. I don’t know how, but the Tao was able to slowly pull himself onto the vent. Once I saw him climb on top of the vent, I continued on climbing various pipes to the shimmering light. An array of bullets shot into our direction, nearly causing me to lose my grip.

“You idiot!” I could hear Siwon shout. “You could shoot a pipe. We’re trying to kill them not us. Know your enemy.”

“Keep going baby”, Tao breathed. Though I was scared, I climbed into a room. I did not look at it right away, because I had to help Tao into the room as well. He was drenched in sweat and his hands were completely red from holding onto the jagged air vent.

“Are you okay?” I asked,

“I’m fine”, he waved. “I guess something must have fallen through here to create that perfect hole.”

      As we looked around, we realized we were inside another train station. Just like below it was destroyed. Many objects where scattered and terminated, along with dozens of bodies lying scattered upon the chaos. Broken pipes and electrical wires created haunting sounds, because for the first time, they were being heard instead of human voices. Tao and I held onto each for several minutes, letting tears run down our faces. Neither of us spoke a word to each other, our embrace and tears spoke for us.

     Tao’s grip loosened as he started walking around the barren halls of bodies. Walking pass a group of lifeless people Tao gasped, holding his hands over his mouth. He stared with commix of shock and horror in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 “The bodies”, he spoke.

      I stared at the bodies noticing how they were all just lying lifeless, which would be very strange for this kind of disaster. It was almost like they were strategically killed. Noticing how the building was barely tarnished made me wonder, if this was incidental or purposely. As I walked near Tao, my question was answered. Each body that lied lifeless had bullet wounds embedded into their person.

“Why would they do this?” I asked.

“They are maniacs. They killed all of these women, men and young children”, Tao stated with tears.

“How were they able to kill everyone so quickly? It’s like they knew that this disaster was going to happen”, I said.

“You cannot predict an earthquake; it is something that randomly occurs”, Tao replied.

“I guess you’re right”, I stated.

     To our right we heard loud gun shots, which sounded like machine guns, since the fire was so rapid. A few screams and footsteps came near our direction, causing Tao and I to freeze up. We saw about five people running down our corridor, with panic plastered on their faces. Behind them was the Anchored Earth Army, who shot down all of the people running towards our hall. Without even notifying each other, both Tao and I began running carefully along the unstable station floor. No matter what we were going to escape this emanate massacre together, Tao will not escape from my life again.


Hey beautiful people! Did you enjoy this chapter? Drop a comment down below! I love reading them.

Hmmm Sehun and Tao just barely made it. But will they make it this time?