Chapter 6

Machines

(Hyoyeon)

 

 

Poking my head around the corner, I observed the area before retreating back around. Behind me was my sister, Jessica, waiting for my cue. “Okay, there’s about a security guard or two out there watching the doors. Did Soo break into the system yet?”

“Yeah, I did,” she answered through the comms. “Thanks for remembering that I still existed by the way, sis.”

“Oh, do you here that buzzing, Jess? I think there’s a bee around?” This just got a giggle out of her.

“Oh, Hyo, you’re so childish sometimes. And hey, it’s not her fault that she told dad.”

“Yeah, it’s his fault for coming all the way down to school and call us out like that. What a buzzkill.”

“I’m also here you know?”

“Oh, I know,” I snapped.

Shaking her head at me, Jessica tied up her hair into a ponytail before grabbing my hands and told me to go. I just rolled my eyes and super-speed all the pass the door and behind a pillar. A good thing about my chip was that I was given a navigation system/radar, so I was able to see an upcoming guard and hid Jessica and I in time.

“What do we do now?” I whispered to her.

She took a look around before saying, “Just leave it to me.” She step back and closed her eyes. She then in a deep breath and started blowing out slowly. Now this would’ve look weird if it weren’t for the trail of mist coming out from between her lips. Turning back, I saw the guard beginning to shiver. When he started making his way towards the back, I followed him and waited to see what he would do.

He reaches the back room, I guess to check the temperature. I waited a little longer before zooming in, taking his keys, and locking him inside. Finishing my deed I turn back around to find Jessica standing there with an are-you-kidding-me face. I just shrug and said, “Let’s go.”

“We walk up a flight of stairs before finding the elevator and began going up. “So what’s up with you picking us up at school for?” I ask my dad.

“I was doing it because you two didn’t come home immediately after school.”

“Thanks a lot Sooyoung.”

“Hey! It’s not my fault you decided to go against appa’s orders.”

“What orders?” This time it was Jessica that said it.

“Jessica!” he yelled.

“I’m sorry, appa, but you have to face the music: you walk straight up into the school and demanded Ms. Kwon to call us out.”

“Thank you. Somebody is on my side.”

“Anytime sis,” she said while giving me a side hug. Our moment was disturb when the bell rang. Forgetting out earlier squabble, we began to look for the one room that contained all of the computer hard drives. It wasn’t long before we found and began hacking into it on our mini-computer.

“Reminded why the little one isn’t here?” I ask the blonde on the computer typing her life away.

“Cause this is a ‘reward-punishment’ thing that appa’s trying to pull off, but hey, I just came to come.”

“Well don’t you think it’s unfair that-”

“Hey, you two!”

“Oh, no,” I muttered. “I’ll be right back.”

Turning towards the three guards, I ran up to them and began fighting for my life. I grab the closest guy by the arm and flip him over. With him stun I turn towards the other two. With my super-strength, I grab onto the next guy and toss him at the last one. I felt a hand on my shoulder turning me around only for a fist to punch me square in the jaw. Using my speed, I push myself up and did a quick roundhouse kick, sending him farther with my power boost.

I turn back to the other two and saw the third guy charging at me. I let him get closer to me before kicking him with one of my ‘accelerating kicks’. After he fell down, I turn to the last guy. He look scared to do anything so I just punch him in the face, knocking him out.

“I was done you know like five minutes ago,” Jessica said walking up to me, computer already pack up in her bag. “Are you done?”

“Huh? Me? Yeah, totally. You freezing them or what?” I ask her while motioning my hands kind of like she does.

“Yeah, yeah. Put ‘em in position.” I grab each guy and shoved them against the wall before walking back up to Jessica. “Alright boys, get ready for an early winter.” Without further ado, Jessica shot her hand in a graceful manner. A trail of frost shot out of her palm and onto the three guys; the ice particles gathering together and creating a thin layer of ice onto them. By the time she was finished, we heard yelling coming down from the hall.

“Oh, crap. We have to get out now.”

“Are you crazy? There’s no way we could get pass them.”

“I have an idea,” I told her before super-speeding us into a room with a large window.

“Oh, no. Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.”

Hearing the yelling increasing, I told her, “Oh, yeah.” I then kick the window down before grabbing her and combing my super-strength and speed and jump from the 20th floor.

When we landed we made a quick dash to the car and drove back home. “Remind me to never jump out of a building with you again.”

“Say what? First you were on my side and now you’re not. Girl pick a side.”

“Oh, my gosh, and you call me overdramatic. Let’s just head home before they get on our case,” she said as she sped up the car.

“Hey, thanks again. You know taking my side with appa and Sooyounggie earlier,” I confess quietly.

“Hyo, you know I always have your back. We blondes got to stick together.” That got me smiling.

“So how do you want to keep appa from getting us from school tomorrow? Should we tie him to his bed or you freeze him for the entire day?”

“HYOYEON!!!!”

“You’re right. We super-speed to his office and freeze him there. You know we make a great team.”

“Oh, Hyoyeon, what am I gonna do with you?”