Chapter 5

Machines

(Sooyoung)

Hearing the bell ringing, I got up from my seat and made my way to the cafeteria. I had just finish my Advance Chem. Class and was making my way over to the mess hall to meet the girls. I kind of wonder how their first day went.

I push open the door before I look around. It didn’t take long before I spotted two blondes by the staircase leading to another floor. I cup my hands over my mouth before yelling, “UNNIES, WAIT UP!!!”

I began running up to them when I suddenly collided with a guy and fell on my . I look up at the tall figure in front of me as he stared me down and said, “Watch where you’re going next time, little girl.”

He began walking away as I stared after him in shock. He did not just call me little.

I didn’t know how long I had sat there but I felt a pull on both of my arms. I turned to my right and saw Hyoyeon. “So, your highness, how was your seat after your royal fall.”

I just rolled my eyes at her sarcasm. Nothing is going to get my mood down, especially some random jerk. “Come on. Let’s go get lunch,” I said as I pull the girls upstairs.

We didn’t wait in line for long before we got our food and went to find an empty table to sit at. As we sat down, I notice a bunch of students looking at our direction. “Uh, guys, I think we’re being watch.”

“Yeah,” and “We know,” were the two answers I got in return. That shock me. They weren’t even disturb by all the attention that they were getting at all.

“What?”

“Well I mean we knew it was bound to happen, right?” Jessica ask me. Before I could answer her, Hyoyeon interrupted me.

“Yeah, I mean come on. We’re new, we enrolled a little later than everybody else, and we were living in a lab for a good five years or so. It was bound to happen one day. You know fresh meat and all,” she whispered toward the end.

“Okay, you’re going a little bit overboard there Hyo.”

“Says the theater girl.”

“Uh, guys.” That stop them from arguing anymore. “How was your day?”

“Oh, well I only had dance class, and it felt so good to use my legs for something else, you know rather than kicking down walls and people in the face.”

“You’re not that shameless when talking about our secret in public aren’t you?”

“No, I am not,” she answers with her every mischievous smile.

“Anyway, I had the most perfect morning. Today in class we were talking about weird mutations that happens in the body in Bio. and we also talk about types of reactions in Chem. Man I’m gonna love it here.”

“Yeah,” and “Uh-huh,” were the two responses I got from them. I look up from my tray and saw them minding their own business.

“You guys!” I whined.

Looking up from her tray, Jessica spoke up for both herself and Hyoyeon. “Well, honey, you sometime go a little bit overboard when it comes to your studies.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well,” this time it was Hyoyeon that spoke, “you that’s where you should’ve been inform a long time ago. You are a total daddy’s girl.”

That struck me hard in my gut. “No, I’m not.”

“Soo, you kind of are,” Jessica said. “You were the first one he saved, and if I’m calculating this right, you want to make it up to him by making him the proudest farther alive. I mean you always assist him with his work.”

“You also follow on his battle plan even if it might be terrible.”

“You’re taking his some of the classes he took when he was in college.”

“You both sometimes have conversations that Sica and I can’t even comprehend.”

“Okay I get it you guys,” I told them. Man, am I really a daddy’s girl?

I just look down quite sadden all of a sudden. “Sooyounggie, we’re not saying it’s a bad thing,” I heard from Jessica, “it’s just you take it a little bit overboard.”

“Yeah, it’s just-” Hyoyeon was cut off by some guy popping up from nowhere.

“Hey, Jessica, are you going to audition for the play after school?” he asks my older sister.

“Oh, JB, I don’t really know. I mean I’m still new, and I just want to relax before I get into anything.”

“Alright, but come talk to me if you are going to try out. I’ll help you learn the lines, alright?”

“Okay, JB, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“See ya.” The moment he left Hyoyeon and I turn to her.

“So, you got a boy?” Hyoyeon ask slyly.

“It’s nothing really. He’s just some guy I met this morning in my theater class. Plus he has a girlfriend, I think.”

“Well, I think that you should branch out. The play totally sound like your kind of thing.”

Okay that surprised me. “What?” I ask but they didn’t seem to hear me.

“Are you sure? I mean what about dad and the missions?”

“Forget about it. We have lived in a house for more than five years with no normal thing to do. I think you should try out. Like how I’m gonna try out for the dance team.”

“Really?” Jessica and I ask in unison, probably for different reasons though.

“Yeah, the guy that runs the dance team, Yunho, said that I got the skills to try out for his team, and I take that as a really good comment. I think I even got a few fan boys myself.”

I couldn’t take being ignored anymore, so I made my presence known. “Hey, you guys, aren’t you forgetting the fact that we are not entirely normal? Don’t you think you’re getting a little ahead of yourselves? You don’t even know if you could balance a normal life and a secret life.”

“But think about it, Sooyounggie, if we do this, we won’t be considered freaks as Jessica been implying for so many years. Right Jessi.”

“Don’t you dare agree with her,” I told the older blonde.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I actually agree with Hyoyeon. I mean we can’t continue to live our lives saving the world every day. This might be good for us.”

“So your final verdict?” ask the other blonde.

With a confident smile, she said, “I’m gonna try out for the school play.”

“And I’m gonna join the dance team.”

They then both turn to me, waiting for some kind of response. I look at them before saying, “I’m going to go home and train with dad.”

Before they could say anything about that, the bell rang for our next class, English. I threw my tray away and made a dash for the door, time to use my long legs to my advantage.

 I soon thought that I had lost them when I collided with a strong wall. Or a body. I look up from where I had fallen and stared into a pair of cold piercing eyes. I thought that he look familiar until I realized that he was the one from the cafeteria.

“I thought that I had told you to watch where you were going next time. Are you really that incompetent?” he ask me coldly.

Before I could reply, I felt a pull on my arm lifting me up. “Seunghyun-shi, I don’t think that you should be mean to the new girl. It’s only her first day,” the new guy said.

The first guy, Seunghyun, just continued to stare at me. “Whatever, just stay out of my way, oaky?”

“You got it,” said the other guy, who was smiling brightly. By the time that Seunghyun guy left, the other guy turn towards me with his smile still there. “Sorry for that. He’s Seunghyun, and he doesn’t really play nice. I’m Shim Changmin by the way.” He extended his hand to shake.

Still stun at what happen, I just shook his hand and said, “Park Sooyoung.”

“I know. We had biology and chemistry together.”

“We had chemistry?” I ask only picking up a few words.

“Well not like that,” he said with a blush, “but if you like we could.”

“Uh… um…” I was never this close to a cute guy before. How do my sisters do this.

“Sooyoung?” he ask confused.

I was soon shoved to the side by my second older sister. “Sorry about her, she could be a knuckle-head sometimes.”

I snap out of my daze before turning to her. “No I don’t!”

“Yeah, you do.”

“No I don-” I was cut off by my other sister.

“Guys we have to get to class,” she said before turning towards Changmin. “Thank you, for taking care of our sister. We don’t know what could’ve happen when we leave her alone.”

“Hey! I’m not a child!” I yelled.

“No problem. It wasn’t such a big deal anyway.” He then shrug on his backpack up higher on his shoulder before turning towards me. “I’ll see you tomorrow in class, Sooyoung-shi. Bye girls.”

“Bye, Changmin,” my sisters say as I just merely wave like an idiot.

“What just happen?” I ask stupidly.

“You just met a boy,” Hyoyeon said as if talking to a child.

“I just met a boy,” I repeated stupidly.

“Yes, Sooyounggie, you did. Now come on, let’s get to class now,” Jessica urged me.

“Yeah, class,” I continued on in my daze. “I just met boy.”

“He was really cute, too, huh?”

“Yeah. Boy. Met. Cute.”

“We’ve lost her,” I heard Jessica said.

“Don’t worry. I think I can bend her to my will,” I heard Hyoyeon told her. “Watch. Sooyoung, you got a boy.”

“I got a boy.”

 

 


 

AN: Hey guys I know it's been a long time since my last update. I'm really trying right now to do so much. My fault I guess. Anyways I hope you like this chapter! Just leave me a comment at the bottom anf tell me what you think. I'd really appreciate it!!