Chapter 1

Machines

Leeteuk

 

Run. Run. Run. That’s all I could do and think about. I was just in the middle of displaying my latest sonic blaster to some scientists when I got a call from the hospital. They told me that my wife, Taeyeon, was in an accident. I couldn’t think of anything else so I shut down my exhibition and ran to my car.

I’m sure that I had broken a lot of driving laws on the way here but I didn’t seem to really care. I just wanted to get to my wife and her only. Everything else came as a blur that I didn’t notice that I was fighting with some of the nurses blocking me from entering the ER.

“Sir, I need you to calm down,” one of the nurse said, which just added fire to the raging fire inside me.

“Don’t you dare tell me to calm down!” I yelled. “That’s my wife in there! So if you think you think you can stop me think--”

I was cut off by a needle being impaled into the side of my neck. ‘They’re sedating me,’ I realized.

As the world started to blacken out I heard one of the nurses say, “It’s for the best…”

‘It’s for the best… What does that mean?’ I thought as I fell unconscious.

 

 

--

 

 

“Hi, my name is Leeteuk. Park Leeteuk,” I greeted the new girl underneath the cherry blossom tree. “And what would your’s be cutie?” I ended the question with one of my charming smiles and a wink.

I thought I might get another toy to play with but fate didn’t thinks so. The girl looks up at me with a disgusted look on her face. “Um… Excuse me?” That shock me usually my charms would work on the ladies.

Recovering quickly I place another smile and said, “I am just asking for your name honey?”

With a scoff, the unnamed girl got up and walk back to school.

“Did she just reject me?” I ask aloud to myself. “Well then it’s on. I’ll get you if it’s the last thing I do…”

 

 

--

 

 

“What is this?” I heard her voice said. I took that as my cue.

I made my way behind her and hug her waist. She jump at my touch before relaxing. Looking at her locker filled with roses I told her, “Happy Anniversary.” I turn her around and kiss her on her lips. Hearing her giggle I pulled away and ask, “Do you like the roses?”

Still giggling she said, “Of course. They are gorgeous.”

“Well nothing is as gorgeous and beautiful as my Taeyeon.” I smiled at her blushing cheeks.

She shoved my shoulder as she took out the roses and shut her locker. “Gosh, why are you so cheesy?”

Still smiling I thought back to a year ago. How she rejected me and milk me of my pride. But it was worth it. “Well you did brought this upon yourself. Making me work for your love so much that it brought out this side of me.”

“True, true…” she said as she turn to go to our classroom. “But I also prove that I made the right decision on waiting for the right moment to accept you as a boyfriend.”

Nodding along I grab her hand and pulled her into a kiss before leading her into class.

 

 

--

 

 

“Would you like to say your vows?” the minister ask.

Taking my cue I took both of Taeyeon’s hands in mine and look into her eyes. “Taeyeon, I never knew that I would be in this position. I would always thought that I would be some rich playboy forever until I met you. Now I know that that sounds quite cheesy,” that got some laughs from the audience and Taeyeon, “but it’s all true. And I wouldn’t be standing here without your help.”

Taking the ring from the boy next to me, I slid it on my bride my wife’s finger and said, “I love you. The way you talk, the way you smile, the way you care for others. And that’s all I could of right now. I just- I- damn I’m just- wow. I just love you too much that it’s just so overwhelming now. I guess I just can’t wait to spend my life with you from now on.”

I didn’t notice that I was crying until I felt her wipe my cheek with her thumb. Taking the other ring, I watch her take my left hand and slid it onto my ring finger. “Park Jungsoo,” she called me by my real name, “when I first met you, I couldn’t help but despise you.” The entire reception hall burst into laughter. Leave it to Taeyeon to brighten up the place.

After they settled down, she continued. “What can I say? Playboys make me sick. But you proved me wrong. I wanted a man that would show commitment to me. That I’m the only girl in his world. And you prove that. No matter what I send your way you prove yourself worthy. You proved yourself to be the man of my dreams. I don’t think I could ask for more. I love you, Leeteuk,” she said tears fell down her eyes.

After wiping them away, we turn to the priest for his cue. “Well do you, Leeteuk, take Taeyeon to be your wife?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Taeyeon, take Leeteuk to be your husband?”

“I do.”

“Then by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

‘You don’t have to tell me twice,’ I thought to myself. I grab my wife and pull her into my embrace and kissed her on the lips with cheering from our family and friends around us.

 

 

--

 

 

‘What? Where am I? What’s going on?’ Opening my eyes, I immediately regretted it as the bright lights blinded me. After letting the lights settle in, I found myself in a hospital room. I didn’t understand until it all came crashing together.

‘MY WIFE!’

Getting up I ran to the door when it open suddenly. Behind it was a doctor.

“Oh, you’re up,” he sounded surprise. “Would you like--”

“Where’s my wife?!” I snap.

“Mr. Park, I don’t know--”

“I ask for my wife,” I growled out.

Sighing to himself, Dr. Byun -from his id tag- said, “I’m sorry, Mr. Park, but your wife barely has any time left.

And just like that, my world came crashing down.