04 : "An hour" best friend

Drowning Poison

"Yah !! Lee Sungjong !! What was that all about ??!!"

Sungjong :" What do you mean ?? Jaebal noona , don't call me "Yah ! Lee Sungjong !" ever again ..."

"Mianhe ... But why is Sunggyu the one replying instead of you ??"

Sungjong :" What do you mean ?? I still don't get what you are trying to say."

"I texted you to give me Sunggyu's number but why did Sunggyu reply instead of you ??"

Sungyeol :" Suhee ah !! Why do you even want Sunggyu hyung's number ??"

"That's because we are both leaders and I need to learn some "skills" from him. Nothing else."

HaeMi :"Nice reason , Suhee ~"

"Not the point..."

Sungjong :"Noona , I've checked but I really didn't recieve any text from you ..."

"But I really sent it !! Look !!"

I took out my phone and showed them the text that I sent.

Sungyeol :"Aniya ~ This phone number is Sunggyu hyung's . Not Sungjong's ."

"But the first time I called , Sungjong picked up the phone . It doesn't make sense."

Sungjong :"Aniya ~ That time , Sunggyu hyung went in to bathe after Sungyeol was done. The phone rang so I picked it up because I was scared that it was an emergency. You told me to come over with Sungyeol right then so I forgot to tell Sunggyu hyung or you."

"But that smirk he gave me ... ARGHHH !!"

I sink myself into the pillow and felt myself heating up within. What if he got the wrong idea ? What if I am really the girl that he was talking about all this time ? What should I do ? I left the room , head hung low and took a seat at the sofa. The first person that pops up my mind was Won-Oppa so I dialed his number.

"Oppa ... Are you free to talk ??"

"Ani ... Just give me a minute ... I'll talk to you later ..."

"Oh ... Okay ... Bye ..."

=====

*Ding Dong*

"I'll get it !!!..."

Leo :" SURPRISE !!"

"W-What are you doing here ??"

Leo :" No schedule tomorrow so I thought that I should spend more time with you ~ And coincidentally , you need my help ~"

"Wonnie ah ... What should I do ??"

Leo :" What happened ??

"Erm ..."

Sungyeol :" Aegi ah ~ Who's here ??"

Leo :"Annyeonghasaeyo Sunbae."

HaeMi :" Oh ~ Suhee ah !! Use this room , I'll help send the guys back ~ I'll be back after ... a while ~~" -wink-

"Ne ~ Araso ~~"

Won-Oppa and I went back into my room while HaeMi sent the guys back. Well , she didn't need to do that but we all know what she was planning to do.

Leo :" So ~ ..."

"Yah ??"

Leo :" Why does Sungyeol sunbae call you "Aegi" ?? I thought I was the only one ..."

"...''

Leo :" Besides Junsu hyung of course ..."

"He is just a really close and fun friend . I don't mind if it's him . "

Leo :" Well , I'm pretty sure Junsu hyung will kill him if he finds out ~"

"Well , coming back to the point ..."

I told Won-Oppa the whole situation. From the radio station to what I found out from Sungjong. 

Leo :" So ?? What are you worried about ??"

"What ??"

Leo :" See here . Do you like him ? NO. Does he like you ? NO. You wanted to get his number because both of you are leaders, not because you like him.You've mentioned it in the text so he wouldn't think that you like him."

"How are you always so sure about everything ?"

Leo :"Well , when was I wrong ??"

"Hmmmm ... I don't recall ..."

Leo :" See , I told you . Besides , if you are too embarassed to text him again , you don't have to. There's a lot of group leaders in this industry and there's also N , although I don't recommend him to you."

"But ... How are you so sure that I don't like him ??"

Leo :" Well , because you're mine. So what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine. I don't want Sunggyu sunbae to be mine ..."

"You selfish lion ~ keke "

Leo :" Well , I must be selfish so that no one want steal away what's mine . Hahhaha .."

"So ... What food did you bring for me ??~"

Leo :" I made your favourite ~"

"CHICKENNNN ??!!"

Leo :" Yeap , CHICKENNNNNNN ... ."

"What ?? NOOOO !! I'm sick and tired of it ..."

Leo :" Just kidding ~ I made your another favourite ~ Spicy rice cake !!"

"YES !! You're the best !!!"

We brought the food to the living room and started inhaling the food. Suddenly , the door opened and HaeMi and Sungyeol came in.

Sungyeol :"I've brought food ~"

HaeMi :"Girls , come and get your food !!"

Haze :" Yah ... quiet ... What if manager oppa was spying on us ..."

Mint :" Come on ."

Eunmi :" So what did you bring ??"

Sungyeol :" Some mandu that we've made ourselves."

"Wait ... where's mine ??"

Sungyeol :" Sunggyu hyung say that you should watch your diet."

"What does that supposed to mean ??"

Sungyeol :" Well ... He's saying ... WAIT !! Don't get angry at me , I don't think so !! I've asked Hoya to bring some over once he's done with yours."

"I'm not angry Sungyeol ah ~ I just really want to strangle that hamster ..."

Howon :" Yah !! Don't say it with a smiley face , it looks even more scarier . Here's yours."

"WOOO !! GOMAWO ~"

HaeMi :" You're the happiest with food !! Muahaha "

"Well , that's not a lie~ "

EunMi :" Unnie !! How come you have spicy rice cakes ?? Can I have some ??"

"Well , I suggest you not to. Your most hated spring onions ~"

EunMi :" Who would add spring onions in spicy rice cakes ??!!"

"Hahaha , the chef loves his spring onions."

Leo :" Are you penalizing my cooking ??!!"

"Nope , I love spring onions too , so I don't mind ~"

EunMi :" HOYA OPPA !!!!!!"

Howon :" I love spring onions too , so you can't blame me ~"

"EunMi ah ~ You can't be a picky eater , just deal with it ~ Spring onions are good for your body ~"

EunMi :"Fine ..."

"Wonnie ah ~ Next time make a bigger portion please ??"

Leo :" Yeah , I was worried if the food was enough for you ..."

Howon :" BWO ??!! You're still hungry ??"

"Hehe ... Kinda ..."

HaeMi :" Howon Oppa , just for you to know , she's a really big eater."

Howon :" Give me a second ..."

Howon ran out of the door and went next door. 

Howon :" Woohyun ah !! Suhee's still hungry can you cook something ??"

I can clearly hear the guys gasp out loud and starting laughing. How embarassing ... 

Sunggyu :" I thought I heard them say Leo brought food ??''

Leo :" Sunggyu sunbae , my aegi is a big eater !! So Woohyun sunbae please cook something !! She can't fall asleep with an empty stomach !!"

"Yah ... Oppa , you're embarassing me ..."

Omo ... How could they just shout across ??

Leo :'' I'll help with the cooking so you just wait okay . Or maybe you can help that little girl finish her mandu ??"

EunMi :" Yah !! Who are you calling a little girl ?"

................................

Woohyun :" What does Suhee like to eat ??"

Leo :" She likes spicy food, meat, chicken, cold desserts and drinks."

Sungyeol :"Things she dislike ??"

Woohyun :" Yah !! You are not even helping with the cooking !"

Sungyeol :"Just to know so that we can prank her the next time she eats . keke ."

Leo :" She hates ginger and most vegetables."

Woohyun :" How about kimchi fried rice ??"

Leo :" Yeap , I'll help with the cooking."

Woohyun :" You just chop up the ingredients, I'm making my special fried rice."

Woohyun started making his special fried rice while the members started sighing and shaking their heads.

Leo :" Yah !!"

Woohyun :" What ??"

Leo :" Andwea ... Suhee is allergic to prawns."

Sungyeol :" Aigoo , our Suhee can't eat prawns ~"

Woohyun :" What else is she allergic to ?"

Leo :" Well ,she's a clean freak because she is allergic to dust. And also , she can't eat peanut."

Sunggyu :" What a burdensome pig ... psh ..."

Leo :" Pig ?"

Sungjong :" Nah , only Sunggyu hyung calls her that. We call her tiger. She is scary like one."

Howon :" I gave her that name . I told Junsu hyung and he was laughing. I guess that he will use it on her the next time she sees her."

L :" I still think she looks like a hamster."

Dongwoo :" Andwea !! Then she and Sunggyu hyung will make a couple !!"

Sungyeol :" I agree with Dongwoo hyung ."

Woohyun :" I'm done with my special kimchi fried rice ~"

Sungyeol :" Hope she doesn't puke it out !! ~ Haha "

Woohyun :" What are you talking about ? I made the entire pot , you all better finish it."

All :" BWOOO ??!!"

Sungjong :" Aish ... I can taste the omelette he made the other time ... erk ..."

Woohyun :" Quit complaining !! I'm going next door ~"

...........................

Woohyun :" Suhee ah ~ I made kimchi fried rice for you , it's special ~ EunMi ah , if you don't want to eat the mandu , you can go next door and take a plate too !! I made plenty for all of us ~ And yes , no spring onions ~"

EunMi :" Gomawo Oppa !!! You're the best !! And unnie , you better not be a picky eater either."

Woohyun :" What ? You all can hear next door ??"

"Of course , Howon Oppa didn't close the doors. I heard everything clearly."

Woohyun :" Hahaha ignore them , just enjoy my special kimchi fried rice."

"Gomawo Oppa !! I'm so hungry ~"

Woohyun :" Yummy ??"

"Hahaha ~ It taste really nice !! I knew the guys were lying to me."

Woohyun :" Huh ??"

"Howon Oppa told me that your cooking is ..."

Woohyun :" Oh no ~ My cooking is the best ~ If you want some more then just tell me ~"

"I definitely will ~"

.................................

We finished our meal and I sent Won-Oppa off too , the girls are going to sleep. However , there is something I just can't lift off my chest.

"HaeMi ah ... Are you awake ??"

I guess she's sleeping ... Maybe I should go down to the park to get some fresh air ...

I called Oppa but I guess that he is busy with schedule or maybe sleeping . I have no one to talk to and I just can't seem to get this thing off my chest.

? :" What are you doing here alone ??"

"Oh !! Howon Oppa ..."

Howon :" What are you doing here ??"

"I guess I'm too full from eating !! Hahahahaha !!"

Howon :" You know , you don't have to pretend when we're alone ..."

"What do you mean ??"

Howon :" What I meant was that you can cry , you can get angry , you can just let it all out. It's hard to pretend that you're happy all day long right ??"

"How did y-"

Howon :" Me too. I hide my feelings every single day. And the only time I can let it all out was to get some alone time or just dance it all out."

"You really love dancing huh ?"

Howon :" Well , I dropped out of school to be an idol. So I will put in my 100% for everything I do in my career."

"You know , I'm not as brave as you are. I have the guts but I am afraid to risk everything."

Howon :" Well , you know , you can just talk to me. I come here every single night so you can come down and meet me. I may not be as good as your brother but I will try my best."

"You don't have to ..."

Howon :"..."

"I'm just afraid of showing my true self to anyone actually. I mean for now , you guys and my girls are always there for me. But , have you thought of , what if , one day , I am not myself anymore ?"

Howon :"Well , I'm sure everyone will accept y-"

"You don't understand ... I am a pessimistic person. No one likes to be around someone so negative. Negative people gives off negative vibes."

Howon :"But I am sure that I can accept you."

"No. It's no use. You will leave too. You're a great friend and I don't want to lose you. Any of you."

Howon :'' You haven't lose any right now ."

"Well , I've lose Sunggyu hahahah."

Howon :" No, don't try to laugh it off , it doesn't work. I've heard from HaeMi that they never see you cry nor angry before. How can someone not when they are with them 24 hours?"

"Well , I just have to it in."

Howon :" I know that you always find Leo or your oppa when you need help emotionally. But who do you ask for help physically?"

"..."

Howon :" So think of me now as an hour best friend. Every single night , we come here together and we talk about what we feel about the whole day, we will be each other's support. I will give you advice , you will give me mine. Okay ?"

"Okay..."

Howon :" 30 minutes left to go. Let's talk about you today ."

" Well ... I have a great meal with Wonnie by my side. I've asked him a few questions and he never fails to relieve and cheer me up. Oppa must be really tired from all his schedule and I'm worried about his health. Woohyun's kimchi fried rice actually taste weird but it's also good to try something new. Sungjong's fiesty, I can't believe he called me tiger and scary. Sungyeol is the closest to me at the moment because he always fool around in our apartment and he is quite positive but I'm sure he has his bad times too and I wonder how does he cope with it. Dongwoo is pretty straightfoward and honest and he is always so positive so I wonder about him too. L-cos is real now that I see it , he fools around with you all but not with us.Howon Oppa, you embarassed me today !! How could you shout all the day across the apartment ???!!"

Howon :" Hmmm ... So your problem is with Sunggyu ??"

"W-what ??"

Howon :" You talked about all our members except for him ."

"Fine ... He ... hates me ?? I don't know how I offended him. Last night he was smirking at me and stuff. It felt like he doesn't hate me yesterday but all of a sudden, he called me pig and said that I was fat and need to watch my diet ??!! Like what is wrong with him ?? Arghhh ... I hate him !!"

Howon :" Are you sure you hate him ??"

"Well , that's the other word I use to replace "don't like" ..."

Howon :" Well , I don't know what's wrong with him but just keep it cool . If it helps , if he hates someone , he wouldn't even look them in the eye."

"How did you know ??"

Howon :" Maybe you cannot believe it now but you know who is the closest to Sunggyu hyung ??"

"Woohyun , everyone knows that."

Howon :" You know , back in the days when we were all trainees and we haven't been confirmed to be in the same group. Sunggyu hated Woohyun a lot !!"

"No way !!"

Howon :" Sunggyu once said that if Woohyun wasn't in the same group , he would never want to see him again. However , now one is the main vocal and the other one the lead vocal. We don't know why but they suddenly grew close. Sunggyu hated him the most but now who is the person he trust the most now ??"

"I'm not all greasy like Woohyun , no."

Howon :" Suhee ah ~ That's not the point ..."

"It's not ??"

Howon :" Oh my ,,, You need a lot of help ... But thanks for letting me see your another side ."

"What ??"

Howon :" Your clueless and dumb side . I thought you were all smartass like Sunggyu hyung but I guess you're not all that smart."

"Yah !! That's mean!! Y-You ...devil !!"

Howon :" Wow !! I got a new nickname !!"

"Hahahahahah !! You're weird !!"

Howon :" At least I made you smile ~ Now , go back to bed , we will continue tomorrow night okay ??"

"Yeah yeah , I will go to sleep , let's go."

Howon :" Aniya , I'm staying here."

"What ?? Fine , I don't care , you need to tell me yours too or I'm not going to sleep."

Howon :" Now , we're more than "an hour" best friend. Let's just be best friends."

"You're weird ~"

And so , me and Howon talked all night that we even lost track of time. We didn't even realise until the sky became brighter. We were both shocked and realised that we didn't sleep so instead , we went to grab breakfast together. We bought enough for our members and by the time we got back , the members are all waking up one by one. I left the breakfast on the table and told Haze to give it out later. I couldn't help but lay on my bed. Slowly losing myself and fell into a deep sleep. In my dream , I dreamt of a beautiful white horse galloping towards me ...