03 : False Hopes?

Drowning Poison

Today, our manager drove us to a nearby radio station and we were supposed to observe our sunbaes doing entertainment. It was part of our entertainment lessons. We wore hoodies and covered ourselves well enough so that no one will be able to recognise us. We went at the back and started noticing the familiar faces and it turned out to be INFINITE. We were thrilled and we were practicaly giggling to ourselves for the entire time. We've decided to tease them using what they said the next time. 

HaeMi :"Omg ... The host is asking about their experience in love and they are all blushing. How cute !!"

The audience was cheering all the way until it was Sunggyu's turn.

Sunggyu :"Well, I don't have a pleasant love experience... But I did stop my ex-girlfriend from transferring school by kissing her keke"

Host :"Yes Yes , we've heard of it. Then how about now ?"

Sunggyu :"Well , I gave my number to a girl I am interested in but she didn't call so I guess that I'm rejected... But it's okay ! Inspirits are all my girlfriends right !!"

The audience started cheering and screaming. I was rolling my eyes when I realized that number that I didn't get to call last night.

HaeMi :'' It can't be one of us right ? I mean we all called the numbers that we got right ?"

"Hahah yeap ... of course it can't be us. If it is us then we would have known it right ?"

I was panicking and didn't know how to respond as I started to overthink about everything again. I excused myself from the toilet and took out the number from my pocket.

It can't be me right ? I mean he is so mean and always glaring at me. He is nice to everyone but me. If out of everyone, Hoya was the nicest to me. I would even believe if Hoya was the one but no. Oh yah , HaeMi like Hoya , I shouldn't be thinking all this. I need to help HaeMi get close to Hoya. 

HaeMi :"Suhee ah !! Kim Suhee !! What are you doing in the toilet !! What took you so long ?? Their schedule ended !!"

I picked up myself and put the number back into the pocket as I walked over to HaeMi.

HaeMi :" Hey ... Is everything alright ??"

"Yeah , everything is fine ..."

We were walking around and explring the radio station when I heard someone call my name. It was a rather familiar voice. I turned around and was surprised to see Won-Oppa running towards me .

"Omo !! Won-Oppa !! What are you doing here ??"

Leo :" That was what I'm supposed to ask . VIXX are here to do a recording."

N :" Oooo !! So you are the Suhee girl that he was mentioning about , my name's N."

"Oooo !! So you are the N guy that he was mentioning about~ Call me LiNa."

N :"Aigoo !! What did he say this time round ??"

4 other guys came foward and they were all quite good-looking. We introduced ourselves and the girls started giggling when they realise that Leo was the Won-oppa that I always mention about.

Leo :" Suhee ah , want to grab some lunch with us ? We ended our schedule already."

"Sure , of cour-"

HaeMi :" Yah !! Did you forget something ??"

"Oh yah , we were supposed to have lunch with them ... How about you all go ahead instead ??"

Haze :" Andwea ~ Sungyeol will kill us if we don't bring you along ..."

N :" INFINITE's Sungyeol ??"

EunMi :" Yeap !! Why ?"

N :" If it's INFINITE , we know them , we've greeted them during our debut."

Woohyun :" Yah !! What is taking you girls so long ??"

Sungyeol :" Suhee ah !! I'm starving !!"

INFINITE came to our sides and noticed the guys . Sunggyu was once again staring at me and I avoided his gaze and smiled at Won-Oppa instead.

VIXX :" Annyeonghasaeyo Sunbaenim!!"

Woohyun :" Woo kids !! What are you doing here ??"

N :'' We were wondering if we can join you guys for lunch. You see Leo and LiNa are friends so we invited them for lunch as well."

Woohyun :" If that's the case I think we should ."

The girls cheered and I was happy that I was able to have a reunion with Won-Oppa after such a long time. We went in our vans and went to Woollim's nearby restaurant where we are able to have our alone time. We were all famished and we started chatting with one another.

Sungyeol :" Yah Suhee ah !! How did you know Leo ??"

"Well ... We've been friends since young so we practically grew up with one another. He , Oppa and I were like siblings so we hang out together a lot. It's been a long time right Wonnie ??"

Leo :"Yah , you were the one too busy with practice to even come and meet up with me."

"Well , I can't help it !! We're busy with our debut too like you did !!"

Leo :" At least I visited you once or twice !!"

"Araso araso ~~ Mianhe ~"

Everyone around was silent and stared at both of us.

"W-What's wrong ??"

Howon :" I didn't know this guy have the ability to speak ?!"

N :" I know right . He don't even speak more than a few words to us too ..."

Ravi :" Woah ... That was a first ..."

"Yah !! You guys don't know !! It's better for him not to speak . He is one of the most annoying creatures on Earth !!"

Leo :" Yah !!"

Leo stuffed a chicken drumstick into my mouth as I glared at him. Everyone was laughing when I noticed that Sunggyu was glaring at me again. I tried avoiding his gaze but can't help but looked at him in the eye for a second. He then avoided my gaze. I wonder what's wrong with him ...

.......

"Sungyeol ah ~ Come over as soon as you clean up , araso ??"

Sungyeol :" Araso ~ Yah , you've heard it guys , so I'm bathing first today !!"

Sungjong :" Noona !! It's not fair !! We wanna go too !!"

Howon :" Yah I know right !!"

"Sungyeol !! See you ~~"

I shut the door before the other guys started protesting. We have lesser members and more bathroom so we were done before them. 

"Oh yah ~ Mint , Eunmi , if you all want to invite the guys over , it's okay . But remember not to let anyone come close to our room okayy !!"

Mint :" Yeah sure !!"

EunMi:" Yess !! Let's invite them over ~ But !! After I bathe ..."

Haze came out of the bathroom and Mint went in.

EunMi :" It's not good being the Maknae ..."

..........

I dug the number out from my pocket and didn't know if I should call ...

HaeMi :"Just call !!"

I was shocked but I think she is right. Besides, it's not 100% that it was his phone number . I dialed the number and my breathing became heavier the longer the ring took.

? :" Yobeosaeyo ??"

"Sungjong-ie ??"

Sungjong :" Ah Noona !!"

"Come over right now with Sungyeol okayy !!"

I hang up the phone and I don't know why I was actually a little disappointed when it wasn't Sunggyu who answered it.

HaeMi :" So it was Sungjong ?? Not Sunggyu ??"

"Of course not !! Sunggyu looks like he hated me since last time , why would he give me his phone number ??"

HaeMi :" Do you hate him then ??"

"... I don't know ... It feels weird somehow. Like sometimes his words make me really annoyed and ..."

Haze :" Unnie !! They're here !!"

We went out of our room and brought them into our room.

"So you know why we invited you guys over ??"

Sungyeol :" To play !!!"

"Aniya ... The thing is that HaeMi ... She has someone she likes ... And we need your help ..."

Sungjong :" Chingja ?? Who is it ??"

Sungyeol :" Me ??"

HaeMi :" In your dreams Sungyeol !!" *Throws pillow into his face*

"It's Howon Oppa ... Well , I don't quite know about him and HaeMi is practically like my younger sister and I love her very much. So I hope that the guy he likes will treat her well ..."

 Sungjong :" Well , if it's Howon hyung then I think there is nothing to worry about."

"That's a relief ... I mean he is a nice guy and all but we don't really know him ..."

Sungyeol :"This sounds like a job for detective Sungyeol !!"

HaeMi :" Yah !! It's not a game okayy !! And please keep it a secet between the 4 of us !!"

Sungjong , Sungyeol :" Araso ~"

"We will keep in contact with you guys alright !!"

HaeMi :" Sungjong , I don't have your number !!"

Sungjong dialled his number on HaeMi's phone and reached out for mine.

"Oh , it's okay , I have your number ."

Sungyeol :" So , wanna head out for something to eat at night ?"

HaeMi :" Wow you pig !! We just ate !!"

Sungyeol :" Come on , eating is a blessing ~ We should eat as much as we can when we are alive !!"

"No can do ... Manager will kill us if he finds out that we eat after 8 ..."

Sungjong :" Come on , do you really care if manager finds out ? We always sneak in food for you all remember ??"

HaeMi :" But unnie really needs to watch her diet !! She is like a hamster !! She stuffs everything in at once."

Sungyeol :" Oh please , we have Sunggyu Hyung . He is the real hamster. With his little eyes . Muahahahaha !!!"

We all started laughing when we realise who was beside the door.

EunMi :" Unnie , we invited the guys over but this one say that he sensed someone talking behind his back so he insisted to come here. Mianhe ..."

"Woah ... Do you have some supernatural powers or something ??"

Sunggyu :" Well , as a leader , living with these fools for years . You will know ~"

Sungyeol :" Ahhh !! The hamster demon is angry !! RUNN !!!"

We all started running around and Sunggyu was chasing us all the way. We could hear laughters outside the living room so we ran out there. The guys were all there and having their drinks and snacks with them. We peeked into the room and saw Sunggyu out of breathe and lying on the ground. The moment he got up , we all started running again. Sungjong and Sungyeol hid behind the girls in the kitchen which was attached to the living room while me and HaeMi ran to the corner of the living room and hid behind the guys. I saw Hoya sitting next to Dongwoo so I pushed HaeMi inside while I hid behind Dongwoo. HaeMi was staring at me and blushing. She looked like she was cursing at me , but it sure wasn't convincing with her face all red.

"Hahahahha !! " I accidentally let out a laugh and fell backwards. I fell on something hard and as I looked up , I saw those tiny little eyes looking down right at me.

Sunggyu :"Caught you , you're it."

The girls :" ANDWEA !!!"

The guys look at them filled with questions.

Haze :" Unnie !! I suggest you count to 50 before you can come and catch us."

Mint :" Yah !! It's not fair !!"

"Fine ."

"1,2,3,4..."

............

Dongwoo :" Why are we going down ??"

Woohyun :" And why you all shouted "Andwea" so loudly ??"

Mina :" It's because you all don't know how scary she really is ..."

EunMi :" Well , she is not the leader for no reasons , you know ..."

Sungyeol :" Scary ? How is cute Suhee scary ??"

Sungjong :" It's not like noona gets mad easily like Sunggyu hyung ."

Sunggyu :" Yah !! Lee Sungjong ..."

Mint :" Well , although we never seen her angry before but she has this scary aura around her."

HaeMi :" Suhee's brother ??"

L :" Junsu sunbaenim ??"

HaeMi :" Yah , she plays sports with her brother and her brother's favourite sport is ??"

Howon :" Soccer !!"

HaeMi :" She won against his brother's team..."

All :"Ahhhh ....."

*DingDong*

The door opens and they all scattered around in the park. HaeMi hid in the gym when Howon also went in.

Howon :" Let's hide before she finds us .."

HaeMi :'' O-okay ..."

Howon :" Say ... Suhee is really good at soccer ?? What about other sports ??"

HaeMi :" Hmmm ... let me see ... She's good at track , basketball , taekwondo..."

Howon :" She does taekwondo too ??"

HaeMi :" Yep !! She won second place last time !!"

Howon :" Woah ... I was kicked in the last time instead ... keke ..."

HaeMi laughed along with him as well. It got awkward but HaeMi decided to start a topic.

HaeMi :" But you know , out of all the sports , she can't swim !! Haha !! On land , we are ants to her , but in the water , we are superior !!"

Howon :" Should we just go to the pool ??"

They went to the pool together , only surprised that everyone was at the pool together. They all started laughing and gathered around the benches beside the pools.

Sungyeol :'' How come everyone is doing here ??"

L :" We heard that Suhee is scared of water so she will come to this place last ."

Woohyun :" And also if she were to come , we can just run around the pool and she might not be using her normal speed against us."

Mint :" And also if nothing works , we can just jump into the pool ."

Haze :" But we all just bathed ..."

Mina :" Yah !! It's better than being caught by her !!"

Dongwoo :" Wait ... Sunggyu hyung isn't here !!"

Sunggyu :" I'm here ..." 

Sunggyu walk towards the crowd slowly.

Woohyun :" We forgot to mention , this hyung here is afriad of water too ."

Sunggyu :" Yah !! Nam Woohyun !!"

Sunggyu went over and covered his mouth and slapped his thighs. Then , Sunggyu left the scene slowly. I appeared slowly next to Sunggyu and laughed at them.

"Well , you're right , we are not the leaders for no reasons ~ You girls told them about my weakness with water , didn't you ? I knew what you all were thinking in your heads alright ?? So , Woohyun Oppa ~ You're it !!" 

................

After a long game , we all went to the convenient store to get some ice . On the way home , I caught myself looking at Sunggyu. Actually he isn't as bad as he seems to be ... Maybe I should get his number ?? Wait ... no ... It's embarassing for a girl to get a guy's number ... Maybe I should ask Sungjong to help me ?? I texted Sungjong .

*Yah , Sungjongie ~ Can you perhaps give me Sunggyu's number ? I mean after today , he seems to be a really nice friend !! And also , we both are leaders , I may need some help from him and yah ... But don't make it too obvious cause it will be really embarassing if others found out ...Gomawo ~^^ *

*Well , if you want my number then why don't you just say so ??*

" Eh ?? What ??"

I turn to look at Sunggyu and saw that he was using his phone and he turned around and smirked at me.

HaeMi :" Suhee ah , what's wrong ??"

I felt so embarassed ...

"ANDWEA !!!!!" I ran all the way to our house at full speed. Not believing what actually happened !! I don't even have any idea what was going on !! It can't be that Sungjong betrayed me ?? But I texted Sungjong , why did it became Sunggyu ???? ANDWEAAAAA !!

Woohyun :" Now I see what you all mean ..."

Dongwoo :" She is scary ..."

Howon :" What's wrong with our cute Suhee ?? Hahaha "

EunMi :" See , told you so , she's darn fast for a girl right ??"

Sungjong :" But her face was all red , is she having a fever ."

Sunggyu :''Bwahahahaha !! She's going to be alright ."