01: Neighbours

Drowning Poison

"But... I wanna send my aegi dongsaeng (baby sister) to her dorm!!" Oppa whined as he started rolling on your bed.

"Andwea oppa ~ You know very well that if someone sees you , it will create a big issue."  I couldn't help but sigh as this is the fifth time that I am repeating the same thing to him , which he don't seem to get. I mean , he is Xiah Junsu. If people were to see him then I will get into big trouble with his company and my company.

He sat up and gave me a puppy face that will melt thousands and millions of girls' heart. But it didn't work on me , afterall , he is my brother related by blood. I ignored him and continued locking up my luggages. Suddenly , I noticed my phone lit up.

*Mianhe ~ Oppa can't make it today anymore :(
 I promise I will make it up to you another time.*

*Gwenchana Won-Oppa ~ See you next time then!!*

I replied the text and noticed that Oppa was staring at me sheepishly. "Who is it ??" He smirked at me which made me uncomfortable. I looked away and he climbed down the bed and tried to unlock my phone. "Yah !! Oppa !! How can you invade my privacy like that?" I anxiously tried snatching back my phone but failed horribly when I landed face-down on his laps. "Aigoo ~ My aegi dongsaeng is all grown-up now ... She doesn't want her dearest oppa anymore ..." He patted on my head while laughing. I gave him a glare and he froze. "Fine oppa !! Fine !! You can drive me there ... BUT !! You are not allowed to leave your car." I snatched back my phone as he cheered and kissed me on my cheeks.

I sometimes wonder why he does that. Instead of treating me like a little sister , he treats me like a "girlfriend". There was a time when I ask him and he told me that it was because I was his only little sister and he have always wanted a younger sister since young. So when out parents had me , he was really thrilled. Thinking back , he have always been by my side since the moment I can remember. It's like he knows my every move and thinking but I never got to understand him the way he does for me. He was also the one that provided for me when we were abandoned by our parents. He lived off by singing and signed a contract with SM entertainment and became the top group of Asia. I would often sit on the sofa watching him on the TV in the apartment he bought for us. However , he was always so busy earning for the both of us that he rarely comes home. That was until he signed with another company that he comes home often and accompany me.

"What is my aegi dongsaeng thinking ??~ Why are you smiling to yourself staring at me like that ~? Am I really that handsome from the side ?? Ue Kyang Kyang"

"Aigoo Oppa !! You're too full of yourself ~"

"I know that you know that I'm handsome ~"

"But still ~ Why did you cut off my thinking like that ??!! You know it's really rude even though you're my brother..." I pouted and gave him a puppy face as he started giggling.

"Aish ~ You're really my dongsaeng ah ~ Taking after me ~ Araso ~ Then continue with your thinking while I get out of the car and put your luggage for you ~"

That was when I realized that we have already reached the dorm. " I will be back in five minutes ~ Wait here and don't run anywhere , araso ?"

"Araso ~ I've promised you ~"

I got off the car and took my luggage as I walked towards the building. The lobby was bigger than I thought it would be . I was looking around when I bumped into something. Or rather , someone. My luggage fell all over the place and I kneeled on the floor trying to pick up all the stuff. That person kneeled down on the floor and helped me as well. I glimpse and sighed.

"Aish !! Oppa !! Why did you not listen to me ?? Do you have any idea how long I packed all these stuff ??"

However , he remained silent and just helped me pick up my stuff and helped me back on my feet afterwards.

"M-mianhe ..."

That was when I realized that it was not Junsu Oppa's voice. I looked up and gasped. It was not Oppa but someone else that has one or two features of his face.

"Omo ... Mianhe ... I thought you were my brother ... I'm so sorry ..."

"Oh ~ Gwenchana ~ It was my fault for bumping into you anyways ~" He replied as he scanned me and heaved knowing that I'm not hurt.

"Do you live here?" I gently nodded , still feeling apologetic knowing that I mistaken him and scolded him. I was taken aback when he reached out his hands and carried my luggage for me. "Just leave it to me ~ I won't kidnap you or anything." He smiled at me and it was pretty awkward. I thanked him and looked at the address that my company wrote for me on a piece of paper. He looked over my shoulder.

"Oh ~ This place . I know where it is . Just follow me."

He led me up the lift and we stopped at the 23rd floor. We made a left turn and I quickly opened the door with the keys they gave me beforehand. I was surprised at how classy the place looked and how it was so spacious. I scanned through the living room and kitchen when I went ahead to the corridor. The rooms were nicely labelled with name tags on the door. I stopped upon a room with my name on it and went into the room . That guy followed me into the room and put my stuff down.

"So ~ I'm the first guy in your room huh ~"

"Omo ~ You're making it sound wrong erm ... What's your name ??"

"Call me ... Howon. Lee Howon .Yours?"

"Call me Suhee. Kim Suhee."

"Well , Suhee-sshi , why are you in HaeMi-sshi and LiNa-sshi's room then ??"

That was when I realized that I told him my real name instead of my stage name. But now , if I were to tell him that I have a stage name , he will know that I am an idol , or rather "soon-to-be" idol. I am so going to get into trouble if he is a saesang fan or something. But he don't seem like he is one though.

"Well... It's my friend's room and apartment ... And ..."

All of a sudden , my phone rang. I nervously picked up the phone and heaved a sign of relief when I hear Oppa's voice.

"Yah !! It's been more than 5 minutes !! Where are you !! It's either I'm going up to find you or you come down !!"

"Araso !! I'm coming down !!"

I hanged up my phone and forced a laughter out telling Howon that I need to go and meet my oppa. He nodded and then I locked up the apartment. He kept staring at me with a demanding look in the lift. When the lift door opened , we were both shocked at the shout of my oppa.

"Yah !! Kim Suhee !! Why are you so slow !! I was rotting in the car !!"

"O-oppa !! What are you doing here !! I told you to wait in the car ..."

Oppa seemed to notice Howon's presence in the lift and he returned back to his idol image.

"Oh !! Howon-ah ~ Nice seeing you here."

"Junsu sunbaenim , annyeonghasaeyo."

"Wait ... What ?? You two know each other ??"

"Hmmm... Now I see why you would confuse me with your brother ." Howon laughed and Oppa seemed to get what was going on and laughed along , leaving me speechless as I look at the "twins" that are laughing . It felt that I have myself another "oppa".

........................................

"I didn't know that you are living there as well ?? Since when did you all moved ??"

"Since some people decided to invade our previous apartment..."

We are sitting at a isolated cafe where idols would come as there isn't any customers. Those two looked like they are having a good conversation , with me not knowing what's going on. 

*Before the dawn ~ Before the dawn ~*

I stared up at the screen as I stunned upon another familiar face.

"Arghhhh !! How many look alikes do you two have !!!"

They turned to the screen of the TV and started giggling. 

"What's so funny ??!!" I started feeling frustrated about not being able to keep up with their topic.

"My aegi dongsaeng ah ~ What is with look alikes ?? Don't you think that Howon looks better than that guy on the screen ??"

"Omo Oppa !! For once , you aren't self-obssessed ??" 

Howon started laughing looking at us fight. He was shocked when he found out that the famous Xiah Junsu actually had a younger sister. Since me and oppa discussed that we shouldn't let anyone find out because of my determination to work towards my dream without Oppa's help. But it was shocking that Oppa actually told Howon. It was a nice chat and Howon headed off to somewhere else after bidding goodbye to us. Oppa drove me back to the dorm and headed back to the apartment.

"My aegi dongsaeng ~ Remember that I will always be there for you whenever you need me okay. Just call me and I will be there for you. Oppa loves you okay ~"

"Aigoo Oppa ~ You're being so mushy ... Take good care of yourself okay!! If worse comes to worse , if you're sick or just feeling hungry or needs me , just drop by ~"

He give me a brief hug and kissed me on my forehead before I got off the car and waved him goodbye. I went back to my dorm as soon as possible when I recieved a call from the members asking me where I was. When I reached the dorm , everyone was already there, including our manager and an unknown man.

"LiNa !! What took you so long !!" The manager looked furious as the man beside him tried to calm him down.

"Sorry ... I was with my brother ..." The manager seemed to understand and kept quiet as he gestured me to sit down with the girls.

Later on , the manager repeated us with the rules and left the others for the 6 of us to decide.

"This man is the manager of the company's other group. Well , you all should know who and they are living next door. So remember girls , you don't want to ruin your image in front of those boys , right ? So , tidy yourself up and we will go greet the guys for dinner later on. I went back into my room and started unpacking my stuff with HaeMi. HaeMi is in charge of dancing in the group and she is the closest to me. Mint is the rapper and Mina is the visual , as well as a sub rapper . They two sharing the same room . Haze and Eunmi are the lead vocal and maknae , sharing the room , they are like the happy pills of the group. HaeMi started to put up posters of different various groups. 

"Haemi-yah ... Do you know who is living next to us ??"

"Haze and Eunmi is opposite of us , Mint and Mina is at the other end of the corridor..."

"Ani ... I was asking like ... Our neighbours..."

"Oh !! Them !!"

She smiled and pointed at one of the posters that she has pinned up on her wall. It was one of the biggest and I must admit , the guys in the pictures were all too handsome to be true. "Infinite ??" I looked at her blankly and she exploded , like always. "OMO !! Suhee !! Don't tell me you don't know who Infinite are ??!!" Upon hearing her shout , the girls broke into the room and gathered around me. They started blabbering how oblivious I was to my surroundings. It happened that we were under the same company and they often sneak outside their practice room . That was when I recalled that there was times when we will sneak around but I would always plug in my earpiece and text Oppa.

"Look ~ This is the leader , the main vocal , like you . His name is Kim Sunggyu. And this is L , also known as Myungsoo , he 's the visual like Mina. Sungyeol , well ... He has some roles but not clearly made but he's a cute guy. Dongwoo , second eldest and a rapper and dancer , same goes for this guy , Hoya. Sungjong , he's the cutie ~ He's so good with noonas. Woohyun , he's the vocal and his abs are ... OMGGG !!"

The girls started screaming their heads off. So this guy is Hoya ?? He really does look like Howon. Just that Howon don't look like him as he is pretty awkward and clumsy , unlike the guy in the poster , really cold looking eyes and also a dancer.

After unpacking , we changed into proper clothings instead of the comfy clothes we were wearing. The girls were all panicking when we were walking across the lobby , that seperated the only two unit on this floor. The lift door opened and the familiar figure walked towards the unit with lots of delivered food.

"Howon Oppa !!"

"Oh !! Suhee ah !!"

"Oppa !! What are you doing here again ?? Are you a delivery man ??"

"Erm ... I guess ??" He awkwardly smiled and pressed the doorbell while the girls quickly pulled me back in a corner.

"Kim Suhee !! How do you know him ??" The girls eyes looked like as if it will pop out anytime soon.

I briefly explained to them about the incident this morning when the door opened . "HOYA !!!!! Woohooo !! Food's here everyone !!" The guys ran out as they took the food one by one . They soon noticed our presence and started greeting us and inviting us in. 

...........................

We sat down on the dining table and started chatting. The guys were all really friendly and nice as they continued our conversations. It was fun talking to this guy named Woohyun . Well , now that I am more familiar with them , there was no trouble recognising them.

"Hey !! Why don't you girls introduce yourself ??" Woohyun smiled as the other members agreed.

I stared at Howon as he didnt' dare to meet my eyes. His head hung low and digging into the food.

"Yah !! " Haemi elbowed me gently when I realized that it was my turn.

"Oh ... My name is ... LiNa ..." 

"LiNa ~ Why do you keep staring at Hoya hyung ??" Sungjong looked at me innocently.

"BWOO ??!! Your name is Hoya ??!! And you told me-" Before I could finish my sentence , Howon shoved a rice cake in front of my face.

"Let's talk about this later okay ? Li . Na . Sshi" Then I realized that I lied to Howon as well ...

After dinner , we sat in the living room and started to play truth or dare to get to know each other more. Hoya and I exchanged number then and said to explain when no one is around. 

"LiNa !! Truth or dare ??"

"I choose truth ."

"Come on !! Don't do truth !! Do a dare for once !!" Eunmi dared me .

"Fine !!~"

"I dare you to hug Sunggyu Oppa !! If you can't then you have to drink."

I scanned around the room and noticed the guy with orange hair . He didn't talk much during the dinner as well . I stood up and went up closer to him but there was this aura around him that prevented me from going in any nearer. In the end , I gave up and drink one shot. Oh well , let's just say I can't really take alcohol so I out. Only to find out the next day . It was my first time meeting them and in the end ,  I left such a bad impression ... What should I do in future ?? Oh no ...