The Answer To...

PS: I'm Still Not Over You

How's your mother, how's your little brother?
Does he still look just like you?
So many things I wanna know the answers to

 

----------------------------------------

It's has been a busy 2-week planning for Minho's birthday party- they would always plan weeks ahead before the actual day to make everything perfect. I haven't seen Youngbae much these past few days, which is a good thing...I suppose. I heard they went back to Korea yesterday, but I think he'll be back by Minho's party. I don't know why I'm feeling anxious about it. I should just think about what to get Minho for his birthday – June 22. He'll be 28 in a week, and I know for sure it'll be another huge party in an equally huge venue – like every year, nothing new.

 

It was another day off so I decided to do some shopping on my own, Chaerin will be coming in a bit though to help me pick out a present. I was just browsing around the clothing shop full of badass clothes – totally my style. Chaerin somehow influenced me with all these punk-rock-but-chic style, with leather jackets and studs, but obviously, I have to look professional at work. Chae sometimes switches to hip hop style though – leather and studs exchanged with baggy clothes and caps.

 

I saw a really nice sunglasses and remembered Chae immediately. She has this whole collection of sunglasses in her room. I tried it on but it didn't look good on me, so I tried imagining Chae with it on, and bought it. Anything would look good on her. Actually, more like she'll work anything on. Even if you give her ugly clothes, she'll do something to make it look good. A natural fashionista.

 

“Hello?” I felt my phone vibrate in my jeans' pocket. It was Minho.

 

“Hey baby. I want to see you now.” He was putting on that needy voice again.

 

“I can't today. I'm at the shopping centre and Chae is just coming over.” I felt sorry, honestly. We haven't been seeing each other outside work. We always address each other formally when we're at the office, though sometimes he can't help himself, but other than that we haven't had a proper date since we started going out.

 

“OK, I'll come over now.” I was about to remind him again but all I heard from the other line was a long beep from the dial tone. I was about to put my phone in my pocket when it vibrated again, this time it was Chae.

 

“Hey.” I heard her car beep, indicating she's locked it, and shouted at who appears to be Seungri.

 

“Unnie, I'm so sorry. I couldn't take the panda off of me.” I could hear Seungri happily whistling to a song beside her. Then I heard a smack.

 

“What was that?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Oh, nothing. I just smacked an annoying mosquito. It was too noisy.” After scolding Seungri a bit more, we hung up the phone as I waited at our usual meeting place – Starbucks. About 5 minutes later, I saw the couple holding hands and being all lovey-dovey. This bi-polar couple really. One minute arguing, then next thing you know they're eating each others faces off.

 

Hey guys. I've ordered your favourite caramel macchiato, and Seungri here's your strawberries & crème frappuccino.” I gave them their drinks as they put their stuff on the chair and sat.

 

“Well, I suppose it's good that Minho's coming then.” I said as I took a sip of my hot chocolate. Speaking of Minho, I waited till he rang me so I could tell him where we were. I didn't want to send a message with him driving knowing his reckless habits.

 

A few minutes waiting, he finally arrived and I noticed how girls turned their heads as he headed to our table. He was only wearing a light grey v-neck shirt partnered with a pair of black jeans and sunglasses, but he looked extremely y, and with those toned biceps visible – I have a thing for biceps you see.

 

“Hey baby.” He gave me a sweet kiss on the lips, then sat himself beside me. I heard a bunch of girls sigh and gasp upon seeing that little scene. I smiled at the little comment the girl behind us said - “Aww~ We don't stand a chance with his pretty girlfriend.”

 

“Lovey-dovey as always, hyung?” Minho and Seungri gave each other their special brotherly handshake. I ordered him a coffee after he rang me once he parked his car. Him and his caffeine.

 

It was 2PM and we've been around the shopping centre for about 4 hours when we decided to catch an early movie screening. Seungri must have talked Minho out to watch a horror movie, and since Chaerin loved them, I didn't have anyone on my side to protest with me. After all, majority wins.

 

*2 Hours later...

 

“Unnie, you should have seen your face.” The bi-polar couple was laughing at me nonstop.

 

“I didn't think anyone could shout as loud as you did back there, noona.” Both of them were hugging each other, trying to stifle their laugh. I'm sure to other people it looked like they didn't want to laugh at me, but knowing them, they are just trying to tease and provoke me.

 

“The place you pinched me hurts like hell, baby.” Minho rubbed the meaty bit on his shoulder blade where I've pinched him a couple of times whenever I was frustrated with the movie, which was the whole time.

 

We went into a pastry shop to have a little munch since it was a bit early for dinner. I noticed that Minho tends to loosen up whenever he's around these two. He laughs and even jokes around, it's as if he has a split personality. But then again, with a strict family like his, I would have developed a split personality.

 

----------------------------------------

“So...Oppa, you know that guy you brought along to meet me and unnie?” I looked at her with an eyebrow up as I stopped twirling my car keys around my finger. I was leaning on Dara's car while Chae was stood in front of me, waiting for Dara and Seungri to come back from the toilet.

 

“Yeah, what about Dong Youngbae?” This sparked my interest. This is the first time Chae has asked me anything related to business. Well actually, she used to ask me about the 'guys' I do business with, ones that were of the same age. It would spark her interest especially if they were good-looking and single.

 

“Nothing in particular. I was just wondering-” She started fidgeting on her fingers, trying to chip the nail varnish off her fingernails.

 

“Whoa whoa! Hold it! Don't tell me you're interested in him?” I pointed a finger at her accusingly. She could not possibly be thinking of flirting with that Youngbae guy when she already has Seungri.

 

“Oppa! Let me finish talking before accusing me!” She stomped a foot irritatingly.

 

“As I was trying to say, did he say anything about him? You know, like his personal life? Particularly his past love life.” She looked like she wanted to prove she wasn't interested in him by flailing her arms everywhere when she spoke. It was as if it would help her make her point, but it didn't really convince me.

 

“Hmm...No he didn't. We're not close mates as to tell each other about our lives. Well I told him about Dara but that was the only time when we were at your favourite restaurant.” My eyes turned into tiny slits, still accusing her, but she just nodded with 2 fingers holding her chin.

 

Once the 2 got back from the toilet, Dara and Chae went back in Dara's car, while Seungri took Chae's car home. The girls had invited me to the apartment for dinner but I refused. I had to go back to the elders' mansion to discuss something important.

 

Once I got to the mansion, two maids and a chauffeur greeted me by the front door. The guy took my car keys to park my car in it's respective area while one maid opened the door for me and the other leading the way to wherever she needed to take me. I hate this, seriously.

 

“Oba-sama (*Grandmother).” I found my grandmother in the study room where the maid had told me I would find her. I stood in front of her, waiting for her to utter some words.

 

“Hmm...sit down.” She pointed to the chair across the couch she was sitting, and settled the book down on the table to look at me.

 

“I heard you brought that girlfriend of yours at the dinner with the Dong's.” She looked at me through the rim of her tea cup. After putting the cup down, she leaned her back against the couch, crossing her legs and putting her hands on her lap elegantly.

 

Hmph! Old news...catch up will you?

 

“Yeah, and what about it?” I followed her action, leaning back on the chair with my legs and arms crossed. I knew where this conversation was going. Dad has always been unable to control me when it comes to girls, so he would always have to tell on my grandmother to talk some sense into me.

 

“I thought I was just gonna let this relationship go, since you're not always serious about girls. But I guess I have to do something about that little nobody.” She looked at me like she was daring me.

 

“Her name's Dara, and I mean no disrespect Oba-sama, but remember when you used to be a nobody until you married the Fukumitsu's heir?” I saw the offended look on my grandmother's face, but she did a good job at hiding it by quickly huffing a small laughter.

 

“Now that girl has turned you into a rude bastard.” She shook her head, with her jet black hair tinted with the colour grey wobbling in its place, like she was mocking me.

 

“You know very well that THIS little BASTARD has always been rude. Tell me, why do you hate her so much?” Emphasizing the insult she threw at me, I leaned forward with my arms rested on my lap.

 

“She's a social climber. Simple as that.” She took another sip of her tea, as if she was trying to avoid answering any further.

 

“You know when you married grandfather, didn't people call you social climber as well? Were you hurt back then? What does it feel like to be told by the crowd that you're only marrying him because of money?” She just looked at me with nothing to say. I have no idea what it feels like, but even I know how much it hurts Dara.

 

“Have nothing to say? That's right, because you know exactly how much pain Dara must be going through right now. But you know what? She's strong, and she tries very hard not to provoke you. You don't even make any effort to try and get to know her.” With that, I stood up, ready to leave the room.

 

“I'm telling you Minho, she's not worth the effort. She'll just hurt you.” She stared at nothing in particular, as she warned me. I bowed to her before leaving the room. I asked a maid if anyone else was home but apparently Dad and Grandfather are at the company, and mother was at a friend's, so I left the mansion.

 

“Hey, is the dinner offer still valid?” I dialed Dara's number. I needed to see her now, even though I saw her not so long ago.

----------------------------------------

A week later...

 

It was a short day at the office, since Minho went home to get ready for tonight's party. I haven't given him his present yet, and I'm going to wait till we're alone.

 

When I got home at 4PM, Chae was already getting ready while Seungri was checking himself out in the tall mirror, topless with just his slacks on. The living room was in a mess with Chae's make-up all over the coffee table, her vanity mirror stood by the huge window overlooking the city-for better lighting I guess- her dress carefully draped on the couch's backrest, and wires of hair-dryer and straighteners snaking on the floor.

 

“Unnie! Can you help me with my hair, please.” She explained to me what she wanted me to do with her hair. She wanted it in a high, sleek, tight pony tail with a bit of hair twirled around the root of the hairdo. It was sort of hard doing it while trying to hide the clips of her hair extensions and making it as tight as possible, but we managed to make her blonde hair look elegantly simple with a vintage touch.

 

I had taken a quick shower with just under 2 hours left till the party. After I dried my hair, Chae helped me straighten it while I applied my BB cream on. It didn't take her long to finish my hair since we really couldn't do anything dramatic with my short hair. Chae was applying last touches to her make-up while I applied a light smokey eyeshadow, just enough colour to make my eyes stand out. Small touches of pink blusher and a light pink lipstick. My eyeliner was just the right amount of thickness to make my round eyes look more elongated.

 

Looking at the clock, we had just under an hour to get into our dresses. Chae had this beautiful black silk dress, designed with tube top and a long straight skirt that stopped a perfect inch before the floor with her black platform heels on. I stepped into a more comfortable asymmetrical top dress with skirt that stopped just a bit above the middle of my thighs. The lacey long sleeve on my left arm added a bit of femininity into the dress while my exposed right arm added a bit of iness. I wore a simple black platform shoes similar to Chaerin's just to keep my look simply y but not too over-the-top.

 

----------------------------------------

As usual, Minho oppa's party is huge with the venue, at one of Tokyo's most famous hotel, packed with business people. I spotted some well-known celebrities here and there. I was tensed, Seungri was tensed, but I can't imagine how much more Dara unnie was feeling. I could see her worried look as she scanned her eyes at the people mingling with each other. They look rather intimidating, even for me and I'm not usually this nervous. I'm always very confident about myself, and somehow to other people, it comes across as intimidating – that's what my friends at the atelier told me anyway.

 

I spotted Youngbae oppa talking to some other business people, and as if he felt my gaze, he looked at my direction. I gave a little smile and a bow but he didn't return it, which could only mean one thing- he wasn't looking at me. I looked back and saw Dara unnie still scanning her eyes through all these people.

 

I need to keep an eye on Dara unnie tonight. There is a huge possibility of oppa's grandmother humiliating Dara unnie to these people. The media knows about them dating, but what the media really wants to know is how the family feels and what they think about unnie. No one knows what things the old woman is capable of doing, but I'm sure she has evil ideas running in her mind and that she wants to get rid of Dara unnie soon. She probably didn't think unnie and oppa's relationship would last as long as half a year when he used to date and dump a girl within weeks of dating. Unnie is his longest relationship yet.

 

We found Minho oppa talking and mingling with his guests- that he most definitely don't know personally. When he spotted us, he put up his champaign glass in a way to say hi and excused himself from his guests. When he got to us, he knew better than to give unnie a lovey-dovey greeting, instead he hugged both of us and gave Seungri a formal handshake.

 

Minho oppa would take us to greet some of his business friends, and unfailing to carefully introduce Dara unnie as his girlfriend. We felt everyone go quiet, and then we saw oppa's grandparents, linked arms, coming in from the huge doors. Everyone welcomed their presence like a crowd would welcome a royal couple – claps echoing throughout the hall. They stopped in front of us as Minho oppa greeted them with a bow followed by me, Dara unnie and Seungri. They stole Minho oppa's spotlight. It's as if it was the couple's event and not oppa's birthday. To other people, grandmother could be smiling at unnie like she was the most precious thing in the world, but I would recognize a fake smile once I see it.

 

----------------------------------------

I'm well surprised Minho's grandmother hasn't done anything to humiliate me, yet. It's been 3 hours since the party started, and I was feeling very drained out of energy. I excused myself from Chae and the lot to get some fresh air at the garden, where everything seemed peaceful with no eyes on me. There was a limited number of press invited to the party so I felt relieved that all of their attention would be at the Fukumitsu family.

 

It was a very warm night but the breeze felt good. The labyrinth up ahead was rather inviting. I walked straight to it and stopped at the entrance, making a decision to try if I could manage to find my way out just enough time to get back to the party before Minho or Chae comes looking for me. But if I did went in there and failed to find my way out in a short time...ummm...oh to hell with it!

 

----------------------------------------

I saw her entering the labyrinth as if she was very confident she could find her way out in time. I had my eyes on her the whole night, but she didn't seem aware of my presence. After getting back from Korea, I wanted to see her right away. My father couldn't come to the party since he had an important business somewhere else, so I had taken my fiancé to attend the party in his stead. I know it looks bad that I left her in there alone, but she can handle herself, seeing as she's the heir of her father's company where my father works.

 

I silently followed Dara, trying very hard not to make her notice. My phone went off one time, but luckily it was on vibrate so it didn't make a sound. Looking at the screen to see the number my fiancé was using in Japan, I pressed the end call button. I lost sight of Dara. I tried to look for her for about 3 minutes when I saw her sitting on the bench. It appears that we were already in the middle of the maze.

 

“Trying to release some stress?” Her head snapped to my direction. I started walking foreward and sat beside her casually.

 

“Youngbae!” I could feel that she was very tensed. She shuffled a bit in her sit and rubbed her thighs, indicating she didn't expect this to happen.

 

“Wassup?” I gave her a smile and a little sailor salute. She kept quiet and just looked back up to the moon.

 

“Aren't you scared that some weird creature might come out?” I tried to lift the mood up with a monster hand motion and I think I succeeded when I heard her laugh a bit.

 

“No, I'm not that silly. The moon is so bright it's making everything...less scary? I don't know.” She laughed at her own silly way of explaining. She crossed her arms.

 

“Is his family giving you a hard time?” I saw her nod a few times while shifted to the side.

 

“I feel suffocated you know. Like, I always do my best to make them look at me in a good way. His grandmother hates me the most. She looks at me like I'm some disgusting pest she cannot wait to get rid of. You know like a fly hovering above her most precious cupcake.” Her hands went to tuck in some strands of hair behind her ears. She sat herself up by putting both hands on the bench, straightening her elbows as she extended herself.

 

“Why am I even telling you this?” She looked at me apologetically. Since that talk at the ramen shop, at least she could look me in the eyes now.

 

“It's good to let out some frustration once in a while, you know. It's not healthy to keep them inside. Just talk and I'll listen. And when we get out of this maze, we'll pretend the talk never happened. But at least you feel a little bit better.” I contemplated on whether to try and rub her back for comfort or not, but I did anyway. She didn't seem fazed by it.

 

We talked for a while about her relationship with Minho's family and how they're managing not to let that bother them. She was troubled that, somehow, she could be the reason Minho would fall out with his family – for standing up for her.

 

“He's a great guy and I appreciate that he stands up for me when his family insults me. But I don't want to be the reason that his relationship with them could be ruined because of me. It makes me feel guilty to see that he likes me so much while I, on the other hand, have this much feelings for him.” She measured her 'feelings' using her thumb and index finger.

 

I felt hurt when all she's thinking about was Minho's well-being. She didn't forget to mention how she misses her family and how much she needed them right now. She felt apologetic towards Chaerin who is so willing to fill in the role of both a good friend and a family, even though she was much younger. Tears started to well up in her eyes, most likely because of the burden she's feeling. I felt like I needed to hug her. I pulled her for a hug, sideways, as I her hair.

 

“Youngbae, this doesn't seem right.” She said in between sobs but her actions says otherwise. She didn't try to push me away. I let go of her, knelt in front of her and wiped a tear with my thumb. The hug seemed to have calmed her down, or maybe she just thought it was weird that I was doing this, so that stopped her tears. We stared at each other for a while – the stare we used to give each other when we make-up after an argument. I felt the urge to kiss her, and so I did. At first I thought she would refuse, but she returned the kiss, her hands travelled to lightly grab my collar. The kiss went from rough to a passionate one then I stood up and kissed her roughly again, bending down as she arched her back to keep our distance close. The kiss was 'needy'. Our lips separated, her face still in between my hands and our noses and forehead touching.

 

“I love you.”

 

----------------------------------------

This is what Dara was wearing (http://ohdara.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/sandaraclforvoguegirl.jpg?w=384&h=691&h=553) but I changed the shoes. I'm not very good at explaining things (sorry ><) and Chae is wearing Jeremy Scott's hanger dress but I just took the hanger out =]. ARGH! I'm the writer but I'm still looking foreward to what's going to happen next >< conceited much =P