Same Old Feeling...

PS: I'm Still Not Over You

When I hear our song
I get that same old feeling
Wish I could press rewind
Turn back the hands of time
And I shouldn't be telling you

 

----------------------------------------

“Hey Bommie!” I took the phone call while I was cooking my breakfast. I looked at the clock and it was already 8AM.

 

“Ssantokki, we miss you and Pudong-ie!” I smiled at the latter's use of her 'cute' voice.

 

“I know you do. How's Minkki? Are you protecting her from her long line of suitors?” Bom could be the most protective person I've ever known. Even though Minji was only 2 years younger than us, she's being her mother self.

 

“Ssantokki~ I couldn't prevent her from getting a boyfriend. She's dating this Kwon Young Deuk. She met him at this dance competition she was participating in with her crew.” She sounded like she was so concerned and lonely and I returned her a giggle.

 

“Yah! She's already old enough you know!She's already 24 years old. Give her some freedom, Bom-omma. You're stricter that her own mum.” I gave her fits of giggles again.

 

“I'm so lonely now. I have no one. Aigoo~ You and Chae are in Japan and Minkki found herself a boyfriend.” This girl loves complaining to no ends. Clacking and utensil sounds could be heard in the room.

 

“Aigoo~ Stop being such a drama-queen. You have Seunghyun you know! He'll feel lonely if he hears you say that.” Bom was someone who never lasts in a relationship for more than 3 months. She said guys would start getting clingy and she didn't like it. I mean, I can't really blame the guys. She's a very pretty lady, flawless skin and very attractive body. She loved going to clubs and would always attract guys, swarming her like ants, which was most probably the trigger that made the guys she dated to become clingy.

 

“But I need my friends too, you know! I haven't seen you in a year! You come home this time. Me and Minkki always spend a dime on plane tickets to see you guys.” I could almost hear her pouting. Aigoo~ this child.

 

“Hai Hai (*Yes Yes).” I was in the process of taking my plate, full of breakfast, on the table when I heard the front door shut, followed by the sound of keys being thrown into a bowl where the keys belong.

 

“Oh, wait a sec Bommie, I think Chae is home.” I left the kitchen and walked towards the entrance, to see a girl lying on the living room couch, face flat. She looked exhausted.

 

“She's fast asleep. Your phone bills must be full of international calls. Go one Skype later, I have 2 days off so we can talk away.” With her permission to hung up, we ended the call. I put my phone in my back pocket and bent down to shake the poor girl on the couch, trying to wake her up.

 

“Pudong-ie~ Let's get you in your room now. C'mon.” She just gave me a little tired 'hmm' but she didn't look like she wanted to move at this moment. I managed to sit her up as I try to support her body weight on my back. I'm not the kind to work out regularly, so my body strength isn't in a good shape. Even though Chaerin wasn't heavy, I still struggled carrying her back to her room. Thankfully though, I finally made it in her room without breaking any of my bones or dropping her in that matter. I changed her out of her outdoor clothes, and put her into her oh-so-loved Rilakkuma PJ's, and tucked her in her bed.

 

After washing the dishes, I tried doing some cleaning around the rooms, though there really wasn't much to clean, since we love to keep the apartment tidy. After some tidying up, I lazed around the living room, watching anything interesting that was on the television.

 

I looked at the clock and it said 11AM. Our usual lunch time was around 1PM, so I decided to take out something off the freezer to defrost the food as to make cooking easier and quicker later. There wasn't much to do today, and I didn't feel like going out. I took my laptop from my room, lazed back in the living room and logged on in Skype.

 

Bom and I talked like there was no tomorrow, when I noticed the time – 2PM. I totally forgot about lunch, so I excused myself from Bom to cook lunch.

 

“Take your time Dara-yah.” Bom was off work for a week, so she had a lot of free time. Since she got with Seunghyun a year ago, she stopped going to clubs, at least not as frequent as she did and not without him protecting her from all the guys.

 

I was cooking away with Bom singing through the laptop to keep me and herself entertained. One more good point about Bom – she's a freakin' amazing singer! I heard a creak along the little hallway where the bedrooms were.

 

“Hey sleepyhead. I'm making some curry. Bom's on Skype, so go talk to her.” I gave her a little smile as she rubbed an eye and nodded like a little kid. She looked so cute walking around the apartment, still in her favourite Rilakkuma PJ's.

 

They were talking and laughing away while I set the table, ready to eat. After setting up, I went over the coffee table in the living room, where I've settled my laptop, and told Bom we'll be talking to her again tomorrow.

 

“Hmm...Unnie, you're improving on your cooking skills.” Chaerin was nodding her head full of blonde strands, acknowledging my apparently new found skill.

 

“Yah! I always make tasty food! You only eat loads when I cooked the food.” She was just shrugging away my statement, as if trying to provoke me. She's like the toned-down version of Bom – both very stubborn, and loves teasing people- but Bommie is still the worst.

 

It was already 5PM, and Chaerin was about to leave me again. Even though we have our own bathrooms in our bedrooms, I could still hear her singing so loudly. I just wish she doesn't do it when there happens to be a visitor. Then jinx! Someone pressed the doorbell. I looked through the peephole and unlocked the door almost immediately.

 

“Hey! What brings you here?” I was shocked and somehow a little uneasy. He gave me a peck on the lips and let himself in without needing an invitation.

 

“I'm hurt. You sound as if you don't want to see you're handsome boyfriend.” He was pouting, as if it made him cuter. It really did though. From a stranger's point of view, you would think he was someone very manly, with all that charismatic aura oozing out from his tall frame. But in all honesty, he's very childish.

 

I just followed him around as he went from the kitchen, taking a cookie from the jar, then into the living room.

 

“We're going out for a fancy dinner.” He was flicking through some channels, trying to find a program that was of interest to him to distract him while he waits for me. Chaerin came out from her room – make-up on, hair still a bit wet, a massive bag of what looked like fabrics- said a quick goodbye to both of us and went out of the room.

 

After just over half an hour of getting ready I came out of my room with two pairs of shoes in hands-one pair in basic red platforms, the other in black wedges with multiple straps to show a bit of skin. I got ready as quickly as I could, knowing Minho doesn't like waiting for too long – he's extremely impatient. I wore a simple black tube dress that was just rightly fitted, matching with just a silver watch and a short silver necklace with a tiny music note pendant. I wore my short hair simply straight with the other side tucked in behind my ear.

 

“Which one's better? This one or...this one?” I asked wearing one of both different shoes in each foot, switching from one foot to another to let him see which one looked more compatible.

 

“I like the red one.” He got up from the couch, turned off the television and walked towards me. He waited till I finished taking the black shoe off and wore the other pair of the red shoes on. I ran to the kitchen counter to take my matching red purse. He offered me an arm to support me on our way to his car.

 

“So where are we going?” I asked as soon as we got in his white Bugatti Veyron.

 

“We're having dinner with my dad, his friend and his son you met yesterday.” He was concentrating on the road, while I was trying not to panic and shout at him. After meeting him yesterday, I realized I wasn't quite ready to face anyone related to him. I must have done something for fate to hate me right now.

 

I was secretly trying to build a scene in my head that I could use to get out of this sticky situation. There was the 'I'm-sick-I-don't-think-I-can-go' paired with vomiting actions, but that would only make him stay with me and that would also mean his meeting being interrupted which would also lead to his family hating me more. Hyu~ breathe...

 

I also thought of texting Chaerin to call me so I can pretend that she needs me over the house for an urgent and important reason, but Minho obviously saw her leave the apartment so that would be an obvious lie. I only got up to thinking two reasons, and my mind went blank, replaced by a rush of nervousness and worry.

 

“Is there something wrong?” He held my fidgeting hands, then suddenly an idea popped.

 

“No, nothing. It's just, I was thinking if this is a really good idea. I mean, eating dinner with your father. You know he doesn't like me much.” He squeezed my hands making me look at his direction as he gave me a reassuring smile and that look that says 'you're-so-silly'.

 

We got to the restaurant and thought that this was it, that there was no going back. I inhaled and released a huff then followed him. He tried offering his arm again, but I refused nicely, telling him his father wouldn't like it and this definitely wasn't the right time to provoke the old man. Me being here already sparks irritation.

 

When we were guided to the table by a staff, all three of them were already there. I bowed slightly and smiled to be polite, then took the sit Minho offered, but not without taking a quick glance at his father who didn't seem bothered.

 

As soon as we were settled, I could see the shocked face of Youngbae's father, but I just gave him a sad smile and a small bow only evident to him.

 

----------------------------------------

My dad was about to speak, but I nudged his thigh with just enough force to distract him from saying anything unnecessary. When he looked at me, I shook my head at him, indicating not to say anything. I guess he took the message well since he didn't talk after that.

 

“So what brings you here Miss. Dara Park?” Mr. Lee didn't seem very impressed. We were all looking through the menu, when all our attention went to the petite girl across us. She didn't look bothered, as if she was so used to that tone of voice.

 

“She's my secretary, so I need her to be here just incase of emergency errands.” Minho, like his father, didn't take his attention from the menu and just continued scanning, while me and my dad were in a very uncomfortable situation.

 

“In that case, Miss Park, will you go to the company and fetch me that suitcase in my office? I need it in an hour so you better make your way now.” Mr. Lee finally looked at the petite girl. Dara looked very offended but I know better than anyone she was holding in her temper, rather well in that matter.

 

“Mr. Lee, we're not here for business tonight so-” My father spoke, and probably with all his courage, but was still interrupted.

 

“She's MY secretary, so I'm the only one who has the right to ask her for favours.” The guy was very pissed off. The obvious emphasizing of the word 'MY' was like reminding his dad he didn't just own her as a secretary, but also reminding him she was his girlfriend.

 

The dinner was very quiet, with only my dad and Mr. Lee talking about business. We were on our desserts when Dara excused herself. Not long after, Minho excused himself to take a phone call. I wanted to follow Dara so I also excused myself to go to the toilet.

 

“Hey, you alright?” My first sentence to her, after 4 years long. She was just coming out of the ladies room, and since the toilet area wasn't visible from the eating area, I took the chance to talk to her knowing no one can possibly witness us talking.

 

“Uhm..I guess so. I'm used to it so don't worry.” She gave me a smile before walking off, but I stopped her. She looked at my direction but wasn't looking at me at all. She's been avoiding looking at me since we met yesterday.

 

“What do you mean you're used to all the insults?” I was rather irritated, but I know I didn't have the right. But I just wanted her to know someone cares about her well-being.

 

“Look, it doesn't matter OK?” She took my hand off her arm and walked off again.

 

“I see you're still wearing that necklace I gave you.” She was about a meter away when she stopped on her tracks. Even from the back, I could see her hold the pendant, but she didn't say anything and just walked off.

 

After getting back from the toilet, there was no sight of the couple anymore.

 

“They already went home.” My dad whispered to me as he got up, ready to leave the restaurant as well.

 

----------------------------------------

I was already home, after changing into more comfortable clothes, I slumped into my bed and started playing that one song again.

 

Iyureul mollasseo, wae naega byeonhaenneunji
Hancham saenggakhaesseo, neowa mannan ihuro
Na byeonhan geot gata, aju manhi mariya
I norae deullini oh~

- Baby Baby – 4Men

 

I hated myself for the fact that I wasn't over him at all. But somehow, I don't regret that very fact that I still love him. Chaerin once asked me if I started going out with Minho because I wanted to use him to get over Youngbae, or if I really did like the guy. I do have romantic feelings for Minho, but it's not that strong, yet. I know I'm gonna start liking him more, but when Youngbae came, that idea sort of went out the window. I'm starting to doubt this little feelings I have for Minho, even though it's only been 2 days since Youngbae came. That just proves how much he still affects me.

 

I'm happy with Minho, but I'm not contented as I was when Youngbae and I were in a relationship. The situation I am in right now and several years ago are very different. With Youngbae, I was happy AND contented, but with Minho I feel very suffocated. I have to check for any mistakes in my actions so they could see the good things about me, and try to lessen the hatred they feel towards me.

 

I don't like the fact that I'm even comparing both relationships now, when I never used to. I knew I still loved him, but I never knew my feelings were still as strong as few years ago.

 

----------------------------------------

skyl_YB, kdik11, BezBoo, xara10, kristinamay17 - Thanks for the interesting comments guys =] I'm really glad you feel the 'awkwardness' in the previous chapter...I wasn't confident that I've put enough feelings into the chapters but I did my best and apparently it's good enough =D to all my readers: I LOVE YOU GUYS! kekeke~