Mistaken Identity

The opposite of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ye Jin
" Park Yoo Jin is dating Byun Baek Hyun? Heol... " I overheard my classmates' conversation outside the classroom. Oh no!!! Everyone else would have mistaken me for Yoo Jin unnie! I'm in huge trouble this time! If Yoo Jin unnie hears about this... I'll be a piece of dead meat when I return home later !!! What can I do?

I grabbed my P.E. attire tightly and tried to walk into class without getting attention from my classmates.
" Yoo Jin? What are you doing here? Aren't you from... Oh wait, sorry I mistook you for Yoo Jin, " my classmate apologized and continued with their gossips and juicy talk among them while I sat at the corner and prepare for the next lesson.

Silently, I was left at the corner of the classroom as nobody approached me. Students moving in between lessons were staring at me as they walked to their destination, and the glares they sent to me were quite creepy and terrifying, sending chills down my spine. Although, I hated having to become Yoo Jin, being mistaken as Yoo Jin was quite fun too. For once, somebody will pay attention to me but my classmates treat me as I was non-existent. The next few hours of torture ended after being assigned with another major project.

" The rest of the group expects me to do it but I'm afraid of doing it badly, " I sighed and ranted to Baek Hyun.

" It's okay, maybe they know that you are great at doing projects so they are leaving it up to you. " Baek Hyun gave me a gentle pat and cheerful smile.

" But, Bacon, " I paused.

His eyes looked at me with attempts to analyze my facial expression to get a hint about what I was going to say next.

" Are you thinking about your mistaken identity again? " Like the genius he always was, he managed to understand me every single time.

" I feel quite happy, to be honest, when I was mistaken as Yoo Jin. I know it was kind of mean of me to be thinking like that but the feeling of actually being noticed was quite a fresh and enjoyable one and I- "

" Ye Jin, don't be afraid. Are you scared of being alone? You can hang out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter