Part IV

Boys of the Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin inhaled the scent of the winter sea to clear his mind, but his heart was still heavy. He kept thinking of what will he do when those two are officially together? What will Chanyeol do if he learned about Jongin’s feelings towards Kyungsoo? As for Kyungsoo, what will he do if he learned that both brothers have feelings for him?

“I thought New Years would be look same anywhere, but it’s actually different in each city and region. Kyungsoo interrupted Jongin’s thought. “Look, so many people are at the beach!”    

“Mhmm, it’s their custom”

“Ah, it’s already 4pm. Can we go home early?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin’s eyes widened. “Do you have plans? Why do you want to leave early?”

“I have plans with Chanyeol. He said he have something to tell me. Kyungsoo continued. “Oh, but do you know what he wanted to tell me? Did he tell you anything?”

Jongin felt a sharp pang in his heart. He knew exactly what Chanyeol will say to Kyungsoo. He also knew that what he was about to do is wrong.

“Can you...not meet Chanyeol today?” Jongin stammered.

“Why?” Kyungsoo looked at the taller boy.

Jongin silently blamed himself. He knew well that he is being selfish by destroying the relationship that haven’t even started for his brother. Jongin knew that this is not okay, not okay at all. Yet his heart have never been so sure until now. He knew the answer to a question he have asked himself a while ago.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Jongin brushed it off lightly. “Can you just watch the sunset with me before we leave? You can tell Chanyeol to meet at a later time today”.

Kyungsoo hesitated, “Okay...but can you come with me?”

“What?”

“Come with me to meet Chanyeol. He wanted to have dinner, but I think you can come along too”.

“No, I’m just going to drive you there”

“Seriously, both of you are making me worry. It seems like you both are not telling me everything”.

Jongin placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “Nothing bad will happen to you”.

Kyungsoo continued to look at Jongin’s side profile, “Actually...I-I know about your story. I know why you were so surprised when you first saw me and I also know why you behaved that way”.

Jongin’s eyes widened, “how did you know?”

“Chanyeol told me. To be honest, I was afraid of facing you because I was afraid you’ll mistake me again for someone who have passed away. But it’s not too bad now!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“I was also afraid..because you look so much like...him” Jongin sighed. “I actually thought you were him, but it’s different now. You’re you and that person is no longer in this world”

 

They stood there in silence watching the waves crashed against each other. Jongin felt a little calmer now, but his feelings for the boy sitting next to him continued to grow. Before they drifted off to sleep, Jongin’s cellphone rang.

“You’re with Kyungsoo right?” the voice on the line was deep and serious.

“Yeah”

“Did you know that I asked him out to dinner today?”

“I know…” Jongin sighed. “but just recently”

“You..perhaps...are you still mistaking between the two people? I already said that he’s not your Kyungsoo”

Jongin looked over to the smiling boy at the sunset. He took a deep breath, “ I’m sorry. Before I didn’t, but I think I may have real feelings for that person now”.

“You’re really crazy Jongin! Chanyeol raged, “Stop mistaking things that don’t belong to you!”

“I’m not mistaken” Jongin stated firmly. “Don’t worry, I’ll bring him back. I won’t do anything to make you unhappy hyung, I promise”.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t dare to ask Jongin who called him. He thought that the person they were talking about is him, but it could also not be him.

“Let’s go back!” Jongin announced as he stood up.

“Okay!” Kyungsoo mustered a smile.

They stood there for a few more minutes. The night slowly covered up the view of the sea, but Kyungsoo could still hear the violent waves. The sound of waves crashing is like the feelings contained in Jongin’s heart, difficult to soothe.

Kyungsoo suddenly shuddered.

“Are you cold? If you don’t mind..you can hug me for a bit. I won’t charge you any money” Jongin winked.

“Hah! More like you’ll have to pay me to hug you” Kyungsoo smirked. “But to say thank you for spending today with me, I’ll give a “free hug””

Kyungsoo’s giggle filled the night. He trusted Jongin. Kyungsoo believed a man like Jongin won’t go back on his words. A man like Jongin knew the differences between right and wrong.

Kyungsoo wrapped his arm around Jongin’s waist. It’s been such a long time since he’d depend on anyone. Jongin slowly hugged him back, his grip tightened the longer they held on.

“Can you take me back to my apartment instead?” Kyungsoo mumbled against Jongin’s chest.

“Why? I thought you’re having dinner with Chanyeol?”

“Chanyeol texted me to meet again later. Something came up for him”

Jongin didn’t reply. He couldn’t. And so, the only sound surrounding them was the sound of waves crashing again.

“You’re suffocating me Jongin-ah” Kyungsoo squirmed. Jongin immediately released him.

Jongin wanted to take Kyungsoo out to dinner, but he realized that now is not the right time. Once they have arrived at Kyungsoo’s apartment, Jongin reminded him to eat dinner and sleep early. It was an exhausting trip for both of them. Kyungsoo immediately landed on his bed and drift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter