[Minwook Playlist]

I Like Your Pink Bunny Socks, Sungmin-ssi

Hi my readers/subscribers ^^

As you can probably tell, this isn't exactly an update... but because it's Ryeowook's birthday in Korea's time zone (happy birthday to our lovely eternal maknae and my second ultimate bias, I hope you have an amazing birthday and eat lots of cake and spend time eith your friends and family <3), I put together a playlist of some songs that Sungmin and Ryeowook have done, as well as a few other things:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDyRvdclgP4WmIoSnFnpTIc0cfwGCgJfs 

 

1) Story

Sungmin and Ryeowook did this lovely cover at SS4, and as I mentioned before in the author's notes for chapters 8 and 9, this song was specially chosen for this fic because of the message behind it, which I thought really suited Sungmin and Ryeowook.  Both the message and the song itself are absolutely beautiful, turn on the English subtitles, and listen.  Ryeowook, I've never doubted your vocals, and Sungmin, that was ing amazing.

2) One Fine Spring Day

Ryeowook's vocals are life and theres no denying that.  It makes me happy that it's Sungmin sitting behind him and playing the guitar and silently reassuring him and being there for him when it must be scary singing without the other members.  They're there for moral support and I find that endearing.  Sungmin's guitar skills holy and I really like how his fingers move...

3) Stained

Sungmin's not the best vocalist out there (I would have to say that the title of Korea's best male vocalist (or at least in the kpop world, or at very least Super Junior) goes to the talented members of KRY) but when I first heard this cover a few years ago, my jaw literally dropped.  This is amazing, end of story.  You can feel the amount of emotion he's putting into it and you can see it in the way he looks out at the audience and the way he closes his eyes and the way his neck veins pop out on that one note.  In the end he's relishing the audience chanting his name and that glow in his eyes as he basks in the cheers and applause is fascinating to see.  Lee Sungmin, you deserve that ing applause.

4) Crescent Moon

No, Ryeowook isn't lip syncing, the audio is just a little slow.  Ryeowook, fantastic job, as expected.  Can I just say how pretty this song is.

5) One In A Million

Congrats, Sungmin, your English isn't bad.  This one's lip sync, but it's still you singing (a recording though) and I applaud both your singing and dancing skills.

6) Smile Again

I would describe this song as... chilling.  Not in a bad way though.  As I probably mentioned somewhere in this fic, Ryeowook's voice reminds me of cold and soft and ice and wind chimes and clear running water and all that good stuff.  Funny because when I got into Super Junior over two years ago, I hated Ryeowook's voice because it was too high for my taste and I didn't think he was that great of a vocalist.  Ryeowook, you proved my initial assumption wrong.

7) If You Leave

The DVD version doesn't have the actual song (only the piano accompaniment got some reason) and I didn't realize until much later when I looked up fancams.  I wanted a version with the actual song, so here's one of the better fancams.  Even though Sungmin isn't singing, I really like this because you can see how much care he's putting into his movements and how refined and graceful and controlled they are.  In other versions, he completely rips open his top, but goddamn Sungmin you proved you don't need to strip to make your dance look hot as .  I love the intensity and concentration in your eyes.

8) People You May Know

This is my favorite song on Ryeowook's album, and I think the title and the lyrics are really clever (search them up).  The song is beautiful.  I wish I could listen to all of the songs Ryeowook's sung on Sukira, but there's just so many... there's so many of his covers I haven't heard before, but please take the time to search some of his Sukira performances up even though I haven't listed them here.

9) Baby Baby

One of the things I love about Sungmin is the fact that you can literally /see/ the expressions on his face when he's performing live.  You can /see/ how much effort and care he's putting into his live stages.  Well done, Min.

10) Moves Like Jagger

God ing /damn/, Kim Ryeowook.  Hair, outfit, dance, stare, /everything/ on point.  You're lip syncing (pretty sure at least?) but oh well.  They somehow edited this to make it a bit less racy?  In all other fancams of SS4 Seoul opening day, you aren't laying your head on Hyelim's lap, she's practically grinding on your face LOL... Hyelim, thanks for working with Super Junior for so long (she's been a backup dancer since the Miracle and U eras, she's done multiple Super Shows and various live stages, and she's still Ryeowook's friend to this day).  This took a great deal of stalking, don't ask O.o

11) For Tomorrow

I didn't know this existed until I took the time recently to find more of Sungmin's solo performances.  The way he looks out at the audience is really sweet.  Sungmin, you've worked hard for this fame and your fans, and you deserve it all.  All ELF know how much you love us.

12) The Little Prince (MR Removed)

I don't usually listen to MR removed performances because I like it better when I can hear the music in the background.  But I included the MR removed version so non Ryeowook fans can see how talented this man is.  The Little Prince is an incredibly difficult song to sing, but Ryeowook ing nailed it.  This song was practically made for him.

13) Sadly, It's Not You

If you go on youtube and search up "Sungmin and Ryeowook speaking Chinese" you'll probably find two videos of them teaching the other Chinese.  I haven't included them here though, no idea why O.o but anyways, Ryeowook, congrats for having pretty good Chinese skills.  You're the second best non-Chinese Chinese speaker (after Kyuhyun) in Super Junior.  Sungmin, you're doing well too.  Keep at it.  Anyways, this song was mentioned somewhere in one of those videos, and Sungmin said how he was practicing it.  Sungmin, you're a hard worker and I know how hard it is to sing in a language you don't know very well.  You did a great job, and your vocals are wonderful as well.

14) Lying On The Sea

Not the best quality, but one of my favorite Immortal Song performances Ryeowook has done.  Lovely job, no less than what I expect.  By the way I love your hair and your outfit holy .  And that beautiful smile towards the very end.

15) 널 생각해 + 그게 아니고

Lee Sungmin, I've always admired people who can play instruments and sing at the same time.  Eight years of piano and I still can't even talk and play and the same time.  Amazing vocals, and amazing guitar playing skills.

16) In My Dream

This song was made for five people (KRY, Sungmin, and Donghae) to sing, and honestly, I prefer it that way.  Even so, good job Ryeowook.  It sounds beautiful.

17) SS6 Drum Solo

LOOK AT THE ING INTENSITY IN HIS EYES.  It also takes a lot of arm strength to be able to play the drums.

18) Slow Walking Kid

Even as a 17 year old kid, Ryeowook was pretty ing talented.  The message at the end of the video says it all.

19) Now and Forever

Sungmin, your English isn't bad.  I know you've said before (or was it Kyuhyun who said this) that you don't think you're good at one particular thing.  You're ttalented, but you don't have something you're /amazing/ at.  No matter, Sungmin.  I think you're pretty amazing, and pleads don't feel bad about yourself think or otherwise.  ELF love you.

20) Maybe Tomorrow

One of my first Ryeowook songs.  I love the message behind it, and I love how flawlessly Ryeowook executes his notes.

21) Sungmin's Baby Voice VS Ryeowook's Baby Voice

The next few aren't songs.  I can't understand most of what they're saying, but this video never fails to make me laugh.  Ryeowook, you tried LOL

22) Ryeowook and Sungmin Dancing to SFS

During Sungmin's first part, I love how his eyes light up when he starts singing and gets into position.  I also love hearing fanchants because they show how much fans support their idols.  I also love how during that one part where Ryeowook's supposed to go down on his back, he looks around, confused about what to do, and then Sungmin comes in and props him up.  I personally don't ship them, but that teamwork right there XD

23) Minwook Funny Sound

I have no idea what you two are doing but it makes me smile.

24) This Is Love

These aren't songs specific to Sungmin and Ryeowook, but I've chosen them because 1) the Mamacita album is ing perfection, and 2) some moments in these particular live stages that I like for some reason.  Moment 1: when Sungmin (0:28 for those of you who don't know) steps up to his microphone stand and clutches it and makes that heart motion.  That kills me.  Moment 2: Ryeowook throughout this entire video.  Kyuhyun will always be my first ultimate bias, but Ryeowook is a very close second, and when the mv for This Is Love came out, Ryeowook nearly won over Kyuhyun.  Moment 3: Heechul right after the first chorus.  I know this is about Sungmin and Ryeowook and I'm not even Heechul biased, but Heechul looks genuinely happy during his part and he's holding a lightstick and smiling so brightly and it warms my heart.

25) Midnight Blues

This is also one of my favorite songs on the Mamacita album.  It's so smooth and jazzy and it has this really chill and easygoing and slow and steady vibe (I'm terrible at describing things oops) and sorry to bring Kyuhyun (0:25) in here again, but I think Kyuhyun's voice suits this song /really/ well.  Anyways, moving on.  When Sungmin appears at 1:21, and every time the camera focuses on him, the looks he gives the camera oh God... you can see the ing intensity in his gaze (or should I say glare lol) and the looks he gives the camera and the audience, it looks like he wants to pin someone up against the wall and them to the brink of insanity and his VOICE .  Sungmin kills me in this live performance.  And while Sungmin looks desperate to someone and make out with them in a dark room and whisper and snarl sweet nothings in their ears (I need to stop O.O), Ryeowook's looking at the audience and at the sky with this... wistful and /yearning/ look.  Almost as if he's begging the skies to give back his lost love or whatever and he looks desperate and lonely and okay Midnight Blues is carrying me away and I'm going to stop now.

26) Don't Leave Me

Don't Leave Me has a certain something in the chorus that tugs at my heartstrings.  Not entirely sure what it is, but Siwon and whoever else composed and produced the song, good ing job.  Sungmin and Ryeowook both slayed this performance.

27) Evanesce

/Everything/ about Ryeowook's vocals.  /Everything/ about Sungmin at 1:50.  A second honorary mention to Heechul for his vocals as well.

28) Islands

 I don't remember I ever mentioned this, but Islands is my all time favorite kpop song.  Honorary mention to everyone, to the missing members, to all 15 members of Super Junior.  If you search up the lyrics (please do), you'll realize this song has a very, very special meaning to Super Junior and ELF.  Leeteuk's crying and everyone is staring off into the audience.  Super Junior has come a long way since their debut, and all of them have so much to be proud of.  They've struggled so much to get to where they are today.