Bigbang meets the butterfly

Coffee and Beyond

 

Hye mi took a leave at work and closed the coffee shop to have  the whole night with Jiyong. "Mr. GDragon, don't forget to come at the coffee shop" she left the message when he failed to answer his phone.

She prepared a special cake and prepared the needs for latte for Jiyong to make.

But no Jiyong showed up. She tried to call his phone but it was off. She just stared at the table she prepared. She wanted to celebrate her birthday with Jiyong but it turned out that she has to celebrate it alone. She made a latte for herself and went to the office. She played Gdragon's latest album until she fell asleep.

Disappointed, she extended her vacation and went to Brazil to visit a friend. Jiyong tried everything to contact her. His miscalls were uncountable. Her email inbox were full of Jiyong's. But she didn't replied any of his mails. She was too mad to talk to him.

Jiyong finally took the ultimatum.  He posted the latte he made the last time they met.

"Mr. Kwon Jiyong," her tone was serious.

"oh, Jiyong is in the studio right now. It's Taeyang."

"Mr. Dong Young Bae, tell your friend to get back to me or he'll be receiving a summon in 24 hours"

"is that a threat?" Taeyang joked.

"It's a warning" she said in still formal voice.

"butterfly?"

"huh?"

"So it's for real she found you,"

"how did you know about me?"

"Jiyong and I were together since we were  13 and I know everything about his first love named butterfly. It's nice talking to you.  oh here he comes."

She can't hear anything. Only faint conversation.

"is she really butterfly? What's her name?"

"You're going to meet her soon. What did she say?"

"you talk to her"

"Hi buttercup," Jiyong was over the phone.

"stop calling me buttercup" it give her chills. "take down that photo in your instagram right now!" she half yelled. "people who frequent the shop and are close to me knows that it's my signature when I make coffee for them."

"oh really? So it's been out in the pub.."

'Take it down right now!" she yelled.

Jiyong was surprised and moved the phone away from his ears. "ok. Ok. Calm down. I'll take it down. Just let me know where are..."

"take that photo down before people starts calling me," it was a desperate plea.
"and if I won't?" he teased.
"I don't know what to do," she retreated and hang up.

"what did she say?' Tae yang asked GD.
Jiyong didn't answer and checked his instagram. There were already thousands of comments and like to the photo he posted not even an hour ago.
Taeyang picked at the his phone. "You  really made that or what?'
Jiyong didn't answer and deleted the photo.
"Ji, that's not so you. deleting a pretty photo not to mention it's related to your butterfly. What's her name?"
"She helped me made the latte but she's the one who did the design. It's her signature." Jiyong answered. "Wanna come with me to the coffee shop?"
Taeyang looked at him and smiled in curiosity. "I really want to meet this girl,"
"She's a lawyer so watch your mouth,"
"A lawyer? phew! that's why she said about summon."
"She was the one who handled my case in Japan,"
Taeyang made a full turn. "she what? Is this some kind of a joke?"
"She knew me all along. She followed me ever since we debut. I was at her office in the coffee shop and she had all our album,"
"I guess she's the longest time running fan we have then,"
"You can say that. I think I even mentioned you to her back then,"

"Hmm. She deserves a reward then. I'll kiss her when we met," Taeyang joked.

"Try and you'll get sued of harassment." Jiyong joked.

 

 

Jiyong left for their Asia tour without even seeing Lee Hye Mi. He was frustrated and can't concentrate. He had been hot tempered since they left Korea.

"Jiyong, what's going on with you? You looked disturbed these past week." Taeyang sat beside him.

"I am thinking why she suddenly vanished."

"butterfly? hmmm you shouldn't have called her butterfly. Look she flew away," Tae yang tried to enlightened the mood.

"I'll see you at the rehearsal." he got up and left.

"butterfly" Taeyang called Hye Mi. he managed to steal the number from Jiyong's phone.

"Dong Yongbae? Tell me everything is fine," she's suddenly filled with worries. It's the first time Taeyang called her and she know she didn't give out her number."Is Jiyong ok?"

"Jiyong is well, did something happened to you guys?"

"what do you mean?""

"Jiyong wasn't on himself these past week. I was assuming it has something to do with you."

"ask your bestfriend. He knows better."

"I haven't seen him downcasted like this. I would like to ask a favor. if you could meet us in Hongkong,"

"I am still in Brazil. I'll be going back next week and will go straight to work,"

"Oh, well, it's just that I can't stand watching him in depressed moods."

"Well, he has to bear the consequence. Have a good time at your concert. I have to go," she hung up first.

"I'm stepping out for a while." Taeyang grabbed his coat from the hanger. The group was in Japan.
GD eyed him suspiciously.
"I've something to take care and I promised my mom to buy her something," he defended. They knew their leader well. Just one glare sends the message.
"We can go shopping after the concert," it was Seungri who came out from the washroom.
Tae yang just shrugged.
"Just don't get yourself into trouble," Jiyong reminded.
"Don't worry okay. It's Taeyang you're talking," he put on his cap and left. On his way to the elevator he sent a message to the three.
"Oh, I need to go out," Dae Sung was the first to read his text message.

"Hyung," Seung Ri reacted.

Dae Sung just waved his phone.

"Darn, mom asked me something to buy. I won't have time to shop after the concert." TOP said and pulled Seung Ri by the arm. "You speak Japanese fluently. Jiyong, are you ok by yourself here? We'll be back before the rehearsal,"

"I will." GD still wasn't in the mood. "Just make sure VI won't hit the bar," he warned TOP.

"Ya, Sol, what's going on?" Dae asked Taeyang right away.

"we're going somewhere. Don't let Jiyong know,"

"Hyung, what's going on?" VI was dying of curiosity.

"Coffee shop? Sol, we'll be in big trouble if we get spotted in here. We'll be mobbed," Dae Sung was worried.

Tae yang led the party inside the coffee shop. As expected, head turns and there were murmurs and soft squealing.

"Hello, welcome to  Create&Coffee. This way please," She said in Japanese. The four followed her. "You guys all drink coffee?" she asked.

"Yes we do." Tae yang answered.

"I'll be back with your coffee," she left.

"hyung, what's really going on?" VI faced Tae yang.

"Have you noticed Jiyong's mood recently?" Tae yang asked instead.

"Oh yeah. Depressed and moody," TOP answered.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but uhm, let's brighten up his mood tomorrow's concert," Tae yang started. "He has a song in his first album entitled butterfly right? and our song cafe. There's someone  he really want the song reach to. He wants to convey the feeling and hoped that that person will remember him."

"Hyung? oh comeon! Hyung got a lot of girls on his tail," VI laughed.

"He has someone he can't forget. As far as I know, she was the one who pushed him to go on with his dream. That was the time when he was tired and ready to give up. I haven't met her and the funny thing is he doesn't know her name,"

"What?" TOP laughed. "How?"

"He found her sometime ago and he'd been seeing her for a while but for some reason, the girl left. That I want to know and I want to know who she is,"

"Ah, I got it. She's in this place right?" Dae Sung concluded and looked around. "Is she a Japanese?"

"That I'm not sure but I have the hunch she was one of the team who handled your drunk driving case as well," Taeyang answered.

"My what? Ya, what do you mean?"

"She's a lawyer," Tae yang cut Dae sung. "That's what I've heard from Jiyong. She was the one who got Jiyong off from his case."

"Ohhhh, smart," VI commented. "Are we meeting her here?"

"Gentlemen, special and not on the menu just for the 4 handsome men," she laid down the tray and slid each cup infront of the boys. "I'm a big fan, can I get a hug?" she asked in confidence.

The boys looked at each other except Tae yang and seung ri who were still staring at their cup.

Dae Sung already got up and gave her a hug.

Tae yang and Seung ri looked at each other. They knew because both have instagram. They saw it before.

"What?" TOP whispered to Tae yang.

Tae yang was the last to hug her. "Finally, I met you" he whispered.

She pulled the empty chair beside Tae yang. "I'm honored to meet you. I've been a follower since you guys debut well, not to mention Dong Young Bae,  I knew him before you guys debut. My name's Lee Hye Mi,"

"You're a korean?" Seung ri muffled.

"Pure korean. So what do we got here?" She rested her arms on the arm rest

"This," Taeyang and Seung ri said at the same time pointing at the coffee.

TOP and Daesung looked at the coffee.

"What's with the coffee?" Daesung asked. "The butterfly's pretty and..." he paused and looked at Taeyang.

Lee Hye Mi sense it. "Taeyang called me last week. He sound desperate. I have something to check in Osaka. I found out you've concert here so I called Taeyang if I can meet him before the concert. I didn't expect you'd all be coming. I met the person who runs this place. I asked if I can  play around their bar. And to answer your curiosity. Yes, I am butterfly."

"You are.... Hyung," VI stood up and looked at Tae yang.

"I know VI. I know. Today's my first time meeting her as well," Taeyang defended himself.

"Where's Jiyong?" Lee Hye Mi simply asked.

"Sulking," TOP answered.

Hye Mi turned to TOP.

"He  was grumpy and so despondent. I don't..." Tae yang cut TOP

"Really nice to meet you. Jiyong mentioned you long time ago but he never introduced you to me. I guess he was afraid I'll take you away from him." Tae yang said with a hint of joke.

Hye Mi blushed. "How's the coffee?"

"I saw the same thing in hyung's instagram. Did you made that one too," Seung ri inquired.

Hye Mi blushed further and nodded. "he came crashing to the coffee shop when I was experimenting on a drink. That was before...uh.. how was the coffee?" she diverted the topic.

"This is awesome. Noona, can you make us like this one in Korea?" Seung ri was excited. Hye Mi shrugged. "Sure. You can come at the coffee shop anytime except business hours,"

"You have a coffee shop in Korea?" TOP looked at her.

"Coffee and beyond," Taeyang answered.

"Coffee and Beyond?" Dae Sung and Seung ri chorused.

"The coffee shop that became popular because of Kim Joon hyung?" Daesung raised.

"Oh, that was unexpected but Dong Hae was a constant costumer."

"We should definitely raid the coffee shop one time." VI suggested. "But uhm, noona, are you and Jiyong hyung dating?"

Hye Mi turned red.

"I mean uhm.. we're here and hyung was left out," VI tried to restate his question.

"Honestly, we're not. We just started seeing each other but uhm, things turned sour," Hye Mi grimaced. "Anyways, so what's going on?"

"Oh, I dragged the boys to convince you to come and see the concert tomorrow. I know your here for work but, can you spare the time for us? for Jiyong," Tae yang was straightforward.

Hye Mi turned her glance outside. She just met with Taeyang because of his plea. As much as possible she doesn't want to meet Jiyong. She wanted to cut the communication.

"Please," TOP walked to her side and knelt.

Hye Mi was taken aback and stood up. "Choi Seunghyun, what are you...get up please,"

"Please, Jiyong had been depressed since last week."

"alright. Alright. Just get up please." she felt so embarrassed.

"For real?" TOP's face brightened and got up.

"Oh, I'll find my way in there."

"You can stay at the VIP sec..." VI suggested.

She cut him. "I'll call when I get settled in my seat. You don't have to worry. I've done this before,"

"Can't wait to see hyung's reaction tomorrow," VI was excited.