meeting the Dragon

Coffee and Beyond

The coffee shop became popular since the Kim Joon and Dong Hae news filled the internet.  A magazine even had an interview with them which exposed the coffee shop to the public. It was followed by a TV interview. She was invited by a veteran food analyst and critic to join him in the show.

"Miss Lee, I admit your coffee and cold drinks are.. well...how can I say it? hmm..exquisite. Who created those?"

Hye Mi thought for a while. "I do." for a while she wanted to lie but it might do bad for the shop. "I create the drinks and train the baristas to make it."
"You're a genius! A lawyer and a barista. It sure goes together." the host commented. "Oh I tried the super max drink. I agree with the 2 boys. And was the drink named after the 2?"

"Yeah. They made it easier. I was thinking what to name it and well, in honor for the 2 who made our coffee shop popular."

"Since the coffee shop started to gain attention, if any chance, a producer wants to film a drama in your coffee shop, would you allow it?"

Hye Mi's face turned serious. "actually, I am really grateful that the shop was getting popular but the owner didn't like it. It was just supposed to be a simple coffee shop. I don't think the owner will agree,"

"Oh... alright. well thank you very much Miss Lee Hye Mi for joining us and for your awesome coffee,"

Hye Mi bowed and left the stage. She fanned herself as she walked to her waiting room to gather her purse. "Oh man! It's worst than battling in court." she murmured and pushed the door. Her eyes widened and stepped back.

"Hi! I was watching the taping. You own the Coffee and beyond?" Gdragon got up from the chair.

"Ah...It's my client's" she was quick to answer.

"Oh, I drop by once in a while and ask my driver to pick me coffee. Their coffee is good. And you create them?"

"I was an artist before a lawyer," she blurted and regretted hoping Gdragon didn't catch any hint.

"Uhm, can you arrange a meeting with your client? I want to talk about taking over the coffee shop," he said directly.

Hye Mi  stared at him. "excuse me?"

"I want to buy the coffee shop" he said it clearly.

Hye Mi laughed with sarcasm. " I beg your pardon Mr. Kwon Jiyong but I am more than 100 % sure my client won't sell it. Is there any particular reason why you want it?"

"A promise. A promise I made long time ago and that coffee shop means a lot to me,"

"Lame answer. I heard that lot of times. And I'm sure the coffee shop means a lot to my client as well," Hye Mi caught herself and slowly turned her attention to her stuff and started gathering them.

"Please. It's the only memory I have from butterfly," he was suddenly emotional.

Hye Mi made a 4 full turn. "What did you just say?"
"Can you please arrange a meeting?" he didn't answer her question.

"It's not possible," she answered steadily. "And there's no way you can buy the shop," she grabbed her coat and put it on. "You may be the richest kid in Korea but let me quote, money can't buy everything,"

"Even if I have to go through legal advisors?"

"Even if you go through legal advisors," she repeated.

"I have pretty good lawyers. High caliber lawyers," he bragged.

"oh, the high caliber lawyers who got you indicted from your case in Japan?" she snickered. "That was impressive. Everybody thought you would go to jail,"

"That's what I'm saying."

"Then let's see how they can convince me. Nice meeting you Mr. Kwon Jiyong," she left the room. As soon as she was out of the room, she was running like the devil was after her. "!That jerk! he think he can get anything he wants." she leaned on the wall outside the building. ' butterfly,' she recalled what Jiyong said. He's still keeping the memory.

 ~~~~~~~

One rainy evening. Two down casted soul bumped each other while running for shelter. The girl was on her tears and can't see  where she's going. She bumped the young man who's head was bowed down not bothering where he's going.

"oh, sorry," the young man apologized and offered a hand to help her get up from the ground.

She reached for the hand and got back to her feet. "thanks and it's my fault. I wasn't looking on my way" she bowed.

"I guess we're both at fault." he smiled and she suddenly forgot why he was in the rain with out any direction. "you're all wet. Hey that looks like a coffee shop. Let's dry up ourselves in there." he suggested and without any warning he grabbed her hands and ran towards the coffee shop. "so why are you walking under the rain?" he asked after they ordered coffee.

She shrugged. "And you?" She asked back.

He sighed. "I 'm tired. I want to quit. It's too much" he whined.

"Looks like we're on the same boat." she sipped from her coffee and almost choked. "The coffee " she whispered.

Gdragon glared at her. "shhh. So what brought you out in the rainy night?"

"Rejected," she sighed.

"cheers." he raised his cup.

She complied and raised hers too. "I should paint an artwork and title it with 2 depressed soul in a ran down cafe"

"hahaha" he made a fake fun laugh. He turned and looked around the coffee shop."Ran down cafe. I should write a song about it too," he laughed again. "My name's GDragon," he offered a hand shake.

She accepted the hand shake. "If your name is Gdragon then mine is GButterfly." She joked.

~~~~~~~~

He looks irritated. Well he is. He arrived on time and had been waiting for 20 minutes. He's not used to waiting. Everywhere he goes he gets the special attention and gets attended right away. But today was different. He wanted to meet the lawyer who worked on his case in Japan. He went straight to the lawyer's office from the YG building but the lawyer he's supposed to meet hasn't arrived yet. Her secretary apologized after 10 minutes of waiting. He started to get pissed off. It's his sleeping time and here he is waiting for someone for who knows when he's arriving.

He breathes in relief when he heard a conversation. The lawyer arrived and was talking to her secretary outside the office. He froze when he heard same conversation over and over. He looked around but still hearing the same conversation. He stood up and walked towards the table and saw a cellphone blinking. It seemed that the conversation was the phone's ring tone. It rang again. His eyes widened. "what the?! That sounds like my voice," He checked the caller. 'despicable me' . Without any hesitation he picked up the cellphone and slid to answer.
"hey, Park Shin Woo, I got stuck in a traffic accident. I am taking a kid to the hospital. Can you get the boss to talk to my client? He's an important client." her voice was frantic and breathing so fast.
"yes, attorney." he answered and stared at the phone. He pulled out her phone and keyed in the number before he forgets it.

"marry her?" Jiyong shook his head. "This is creeping me out. Just when did I asked someone to marry me," he laughed.
He put back the phone and sat back at the couch when he heard someone opened the door.
"Sir, I'm sorry but I haven't heard from attorney. She never comes in late especially to important client." the secretary apologized. "she haven't called in either."
"It's ok. I guess you can book me for another appointment," he didn't mention about the phone call. "Can I have the lawyer's number?"
the secretary scrambled on his phone and dictated the number.|
"Thank you. Just let my manager know when is the best time  for another meeting." he played with his phone. "Oh, can I stay for a minute. I have to make a phone call," The secretary nodded and left. He dialed the number the lawyer's number but got a voicemail redirecting him to another number. He noted it and called the other number. The conversation filled the air. He listened carefully and can't be mistaken of the owner of the male voice.