Chapter 10

Sweet Mistake

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun in disbelief. Did his ear deceive him? Did he hear it right?

“Oppa? Can you hear me? We are going to have a baby.” Said Joohyun.

“Baby? Our baby?” Yonghwa asked in awe.

Joohyun smiled and nodded, “Yes.”

Yonghwa was amazed. God, this was his first child. His own blood and flesh. His beautiful baby from the woman he loved the most. Wasn’t it perfect?

“Wow…” Yonghwa muttered. His hand crawled to Joohyun’s stomach then caressed it gently. “You are carrying my child?”

Joohyun bit her lips. Her eyes were glistening with tears. She nodded wordlessly.

“God, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa leaned and hugged her. “Thank you, Baby.”

“Ehm…. Well I guess I will leave you two.” Said Minhyuk.

Yonghwa and Joohyun looked up at Minhyuk and smiled.

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

Minhyuk nodded and left the happy couple alone.

Yonghwa held Joohyun’s hand and rested his head on her stomach. He didn’t say anything, just looked up and smiled brightly to Joohyun.

Joohyun smiled back at Yonghwa and caressed his hair, “What?” She asked.

“Aniya.” Yonghwa answered, “I’m just happy.”

“Me too.”

“Maybe we should start to search a suitable house for us.” Said Yonghwa.

“That will be great.”

“Hmm…” Yonghwa brushed his chin, “A house with four bedroom, spacious living room, cute kitchen and dining room and oh! Wide garden and swimming pool. I think that’s enough.”

Joohyun chuckled, “That’s too much, Oppa.”

“Wae? We’ll going to have a lot of children after all.”

Joohyun smiled, “How many children do you want?”

“Four or maybe six.”

“Omo!” Joohyun slapped his shoulder playfully, “That’s too many.”

“Wae? I’d like to make it as many as you want.” He grinned mischievously.

“Cham…” Joohyun chuckled.

“But seriously, I really want to have a lot of children with you.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun shook her head, “Well, maybe just four…”

“That’s nice…” Yonghwa smiled.

Yonghwa snuggled more on Joohyun’s stomach. He kissed her there and whispered, “Anyeong, Baby. This is Appa.”

Joohyun smiled even wider. Wasn’t it great? She couldn’t imagine she could be this happy and complete. She had Yonghwa and she had this little one. Amazing.

“Oh!” Yonghwa suddenly looked at Joohyun with shining eyes.

Joohyun chuckled, “What now?”

“Firstly…” Yonghwa kissed her hand, “We must get married soon.”

“Ne?” Joohyun blushed. “Is it okay?”

Yonghwa slightly looked sad, “But maybe it’s not easy. People will talk and mock. I’m fine with that but I’m worried about you… I will protect you no matter what but still…. I’m worried of you…”

Joohyun sighed, “That’s what I think too…”

“I’m sorry.” Said Yonghwa.

“For what?”

“For taking you to this complicated situation.”

“Listen..” Joohyun held Yonghwa’s cheeks, “I never regret to meet you.”

Yonghwa smiled, “Me too. You’re the best that ever happen to my life.” He held Joohyun’s hand which held his cheek, “So are you going to through this with me?”

“I wouldn’t be here if I’m not.”

 

***

 

People in Jung Corp started to feel curious. They could sense an abnormal closeness between their boss and his secretary.

Some caught that they arrived in office together by Yonghwa’s car and went home together. Some caught Yonghwa caressing Joohyun’s hair lovingly. Some caught Joohyun bribed Yonghwa when they had lunch together. Some caught Yonghwa caressing Joohyun’s stomach lovingly. That was weird. That wasn’t the thing that boss did to his secretary.

Then the gossip ran like a wild fire. Mostly talked about Joohyun being a who lured Yonghwa and get him divorced with Bora. This didn’t cease from Joohyun’s ear and this made her quite depressed.

“Baby…” Yonghwa embrace her tight.

They were still in Yonghwa’s office. He tried to comfort her. Joohyun tend to be more sensitive. So when she heard that annoying gossip, she burst to Yonghwa’s office and buried herself into Yonghwa’s warm embrace.

“Oppa…. I can’t.” She said.

“Baby… I’m sorry.” Yonghwa said, “I can clear things up.”

“No… you don’t have to.” Joohyun shook her head.

“And what about you? I don’t care what people think about me but it’s all about you… I can’t see you like this.”

“Oppa…” She sobbed hard.

“You’re not what they are talking, Baby… you’re not.” Yonghwa Joohyun’s back. “So let me clear this.”

“But people will judge you as a bad person. You are the boss… you can’t risk your image.”

“Maybe I am a bad person.” Yonghwa chuckled. “Indeed I am.”

“Oppa, don’t make fun of this problem.”

“I’m not…” Yonghwa hugged Joohyun even tighter and swayed their body right and left. “Okay, I have idea.”

“What?”

“We’ll get married soon. Media will look after me to do some interview, I’m sure. So I’ll tell them the truth about our story. That I lure you first instead of you luring me.”

“But Oppa… You can’t do this. It will be bad for you.”

“So you prefer that people judge you as an antagonist here?” Yonghwa raised his brow, “I won’t do that. I said that I’ll protect you, right?”

“But…”

“Shh… Listen to my next plan…” Yonghwa continued, “Well, I don’t like this idea but better if you quit your job as my secretary.”

Joohyun looked up, “Andwae…” She pouted.

Yonghwa sighed, “Well, I don’t like it too, Baby. But I think this is the best way. People in this company won’t treat you the same again. Maybe they could do bad things to you. I don’t want you to live that way.”

“But I can’t see you all day long…” Said Joohyun.

“But you have me for the rest of your life. That’s a good bargain, right?” Yonghwa pecked her lips.

“But still… I can’t organize your schedule again. I can’t accompany you to meeting. I can’t prepare your lunch. I can’t meet you here inside your office.”

“Who say? You still can do the things that you mention. That’s what wife does for her husband, right?”

“You really want me to quit, right?” Joohyun sulked.

“That’s for our own good, Sweety.” Yonghwa pecked her lips again.

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa and contemplated it, “Fine, but you must hire male secretary. Arraseo?!”

Yonghwa laughed, “As you wish, Madame.”

 

***

 

Joohyun already decided to follow Yonghwa’s plan. She would quit her job as Yonghwa’s secretary. So this was the last day she worked in Jung Corp. Well, it made her sad but she had made this choice. Besides, she would welcome the new happy live. With Yonghwa and with the baby she carried right know.

She smiled and caressed her tummy. She looked down and whispered, as if the little one who was in her womb could hear her. “I can’t wait to meet you, Baby.”

Joohyun didn’t look what was in front of her. Suddenly she bumped into someone. She looked up and saw two of Jung Corp employees. They were from Finance Department if she wasn’t mistaken.

“I’m sorry.”Joohyun bowed.

“For what?” One of the woman snorted. Apparently she hit Joohyun intentionally.

“You’re still here, ? I can’t believe you’re this low.” The second woman mocked her too.

Joohyun just looked at them. She didn’t say anything. She felt that she didn’t have too.

“What? Don’t you dare to stare at us with those ugly eyes!”

“Gosh! You are a low who seduce Mr. Jung and made him divorce.”

Joohyun felt an unseen knife stabbed at her heart. It was hurt but that was a reality. She was the third person between Yonghwa and Bora, even though she wasn’t the reason why they divorced.

“Why are you just quite? You don’t have mouth?” One of the woman pushed her shoulder.

Joohyun gasped. Her back hit the wall behind her.

“Just leave me alone.” Joohyun said.

“So just go already from this company! This company doesn’t need a like you!!”

“I will. So just go.” Said Joohyun. She was almost crying. But no, she wouldn’t cry and show her weak side in front of these two mean women.

The second woman snorted, “You are so arrogant!” She pushed her harder.

The thing they didn’t predict, there was stairs behind Joohyun. Joohyun lost her balance and fell towards the stairs. She screamed so hard. She was scared. Yes, she was scared that something happened to her baby. She tried so hard to cling on the railing so that she wouldn’t fall or something hit her stomach.

The stair was not really high, but still dangerous for Joohyun. She ended fell on the ground. She crouched to protect her baby. No, she couldn’t lose her baby.

“JOOHYUN-AH!”

She looked up then found Yonghwa. She was glad, utterly glad. Yonghwa almost jump through the stair to reach her. He bended in front of her and hugged her.

“Baby, are you okay?” He asked.

“Oppa… our baby…” Joohyun sobbed.

Yonghwa turned to his two employees who looked at them in awe. The shock was clearly written on their faces.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO HER?!!!” Yonghwa roared. He was utterly mad.

“I-I am sorry, Mr. Jung.” Said one of them in fear.

“DON’T YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN KILL HER AND MY CHILD??!!” Yonghwa shouted angrily.

They both gasped at the revelation. “We don’t know… really, we’re sorry.”

“Enough! You two are fired.” Yonghwa said.

“No, Oppa…” Joohyun gasped. Yes, she was sad and upset because of these two rude employees, but it didn’t mean that Yonghwa could fire them this easy.

“Mr. Jung…” They pleaded.

“Oppa… You don’t have to do that.” Said Joohyun.

“They almost kill you and our baby, Joohyun-ah… How can I forgive them?” Said Yonghwa.

“Our baby also doesn’t like his or her appa being like this. Please, Oppa…” Joohyun held his arm tight.

Yonghwa sighed. “Fine. I won’t fire you two. Be thankful to Joohyun.”

“Tha-thank you.” The two ran immediately.

“We have to go to hospital.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun worried too about their baby. “Yes.” She nodded.

 

***

 

“The baby is fine and healthy.” Said The Doctor.

“Thank God!” Yonghwa sighed in relief.

“You should be careful.” Said The Doctor.

“Yes, Doctor.” Said Joohyun.

“I’ll take care of you more. I officially fire you as my secretary. Just stay at home, arraseo?!” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun pouted, “But, Oppa I’m okay. I just can’t stay at home.”

“But how if you fall again?”

“I’ll be more careful. Beside there will be no one who will push me again.”

“You don’t know what will happen outside, Joohyun-ah.”

“So how if I have to go to somewhere?”

“You have to wait for me and I will accompany you.”

“So I can’t go alone?”

“No, you can’t!”

“Ehm, excuse me?” The Doctor cut their quarrel. “The other patients are waiting outside, so if you don’t mind…”

“Oh, we’re sorry.” Yonghwa grinned, feeling embarrassed.

They both said thank you and left the room. Yonghwa was really serious about taking care of Joohyun more. He held her shoulder and led their way to his car. As Joohyun sat on the passenger seat, Yonghwa buckled the seatbelt carefully. He also drove in a slow speed.

“Oppa! Don’t exaggerate, please??” Joohyun huffed.

“I’m afraid that any vibration will endanger our baby.” Yonghwa said.

“Oppaaaaa!!!” Joohyun pinched Yonghwa’s cheek hard.

“AUCH!! It’s hurt, Joohyun-ah!!”

“I’m okay!”

“Really?” Yonghwa pouted as he rubbed his red cheek.

“Really!” Said Joohyun, “Don’t you hear that the cars behind honk at us?”

“Arraseo!” Yonghwa drove faster, “But if you feel something tell me, okay?”

“Yes, Sir!” Joohyun salute at Yonghwa.

Yonghwa smiled. His one hand grabbed Joohyun’s hand and squeezed it tight. Oh how he felt so happy. He felt everything fell on the right place.

 

***

 

Joohyun fixed Yonghwa’s tie and smoothen his suit. She brushed his bang and patted his cheek.

“All set and ready to go.” She said.

“Thanks.” Yonghwa pecked her lips.

“It’s weird.” Said Joohyun.

“Wae?”

“I usually go to work with you.”

“You will get used to this.”

“So what am I going to do?”

“Hmm… Missing me and waiting for me to go home?” Yonghwa grinned.

“Cham!” Joohyun hit Yonghwa’s shoulder playfully.

Yonghwa laughed, “You’ll never get bored if you’re missing me.”

“Aish, palli go!” Joohyun turned Yonghwa’s body and pushed him to the door.

“Okay, okay..” Yonghwa laughed, “Give me one more kiss, Baby.” He puckered his lips.

Joohyun smiled. She tiptoed and hugged his shoulder then she kissed him so hard. She nibbled his lower lips before release him.

Yonghwa was dazed, “Oh, wow. Such a hot morning kiss. Do you intend to make me abandon my job and just do you senseless here?”

“Eww! What a ert oppa! Now go!” Joohyun pushed Yonghwa out of the door.

Yonghwa laughed. He turned to Joohyun and smiled. There, Joohyun waved at him happily, still wore her pajama. She even didn’t brush her hair and wash her face, but she really looked beautiful in Yonghwa’s eyes.

“I’m going, Baby…”

“Be careful, Oppa.”

Oh, he couldn’t wait to go home.

 

***

 

“I’m home…” Yonghwa walked inside Joohyun’s apartment.

“Welcome!” Joohyun ran lightly towards Yonghwa. She was wearing apron and held a ladle.

“Woa! Slow down, Baby!” Yonghwa held Joohyun;s shoulder, “Don’t running like that! What if you tripping on something and fall?”

“Mianhe, Oppa. I just can’t wait to see you.” Joohyun smiled.

“Aish… I can’t angry at you with that reason.”

“Don’t be angry, Oppa.” Joohyun tiptoed and gave him a peck, “I’m sorry. I won’t running around like that.”

“That’s good.” Yonghwa ruffled her hair, “By the way, are you cooking?”

“Ne! I’m cooking Dubu Jigae.”

Joohyun pulled Yonghwa’s hand and brought him to kitchen. She took a spoonful of the soup, blew it and fed it to Yonghwa.

“Eottae?” She asked.

Yonghwa smiled, “Massida!”

“Well, I’ll cook it for a bit.” She said, “Go take a bath, Oppa. I’ll prepare your clothes and we’ll have dinner together.”

“Arraseo. I’ll take a bath first.” Yonghwa leaned and kissed Johyun’s temple before went to the bathroom.

 

Now they were sat across with each other. Dinner already set on the table. Joohyun took the rice into the bowl and handed it to Yonghwa. He accepted it with a big smile on his face.

“Wae?” Asked Joohyun.

“Just imagine that we will live like this forever. That makes me happy.” Said Yonghwa.

Joohyun blushed, “Ne.”

“By the way, Joohyun-ah..”

“Yes?”

“I think we must meet Eomma and Harabeoji.”

“Oh… I think so.” Joohyun bit her lips. Actually she was kind of nervous. She knew well both Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim, but the current situation made everything different.

“You don’t have to be worry. They loved you already.”

“But the whole situation made everything change. They will know the truth, Oppa. I just can’t imagine how they will react. Maybe they will hate me.”

Yonghwa sighed and held her hand, “I can’t guarantee what will happen. I can’t say that everything will be alright. But the thing that I can assure you is, I will do anything to protect you. That’s my promise.”

Joohyun didn’t say anything and just looked at Yonghwa. Her eyes showed her doubt.

“Baby, please?” Yonghwa pleaded.

Joohyun sighed, “Fine. When is it?”

“This saturday. I’ve already call Eomma that we will come.”

“That fast?” Joohyun gaped.

“I think faster better.”

“Okay.” Joohyun just stayed silent.

“Hey…” Yonghwa held her hand, “I’ll always be with you. I’ll take you to them.”

Joohyun escaped a weak smile and nodded.

 

***

 

Saturday came faster than she could imagine. Now she was already in front of the Jung Mansion. She looked at the big door in front of her. Joohyun kept prolong the time, reasoning that she needed more time to face Yonghwa’s family. So in the end, they arrived almost at dinner time. She was really nervous until she didn’t feel Yonghwa who was standing beside her while holding her hand.

Yonghwa pulled her closer and kissed her temple, “Relax.”

Then the door opened. The maids let them in and guide them to the living room. It was been a while Yonghwa didn’t go to his parent’s home. He was kind of missed this place and his old bedroom.

“Yonghwa-yah! It’s been a while. I miss you.” Mrs. Kim ran to her son and hugged him tight.

“Yes, Eomma. Me too.” Said Yonghwa.

“Anyeong haseyo, Joohyun ssi.” Mrs. Kim hugged Joohyun too.

“Anyeong haseyo, Samonim.” Joohyun hugged Mrs. Kim back awkwardly.

“Let’s go to the dining room. Both of you already hungry right? Let’s have dinner first.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Thank you.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa never let go of Joohyun’s hand. That was the least he could do to show that he fully support her, and Joohyun really appreciate his gesture.

Jung Hwejangnim already sat on the chair. He didn’t bother to look at the two. Joohyun gulp nervously as Yonghwa’s grip tighten on hers.

“Please have a seat.” Mrs. Kim spread her arm, letting them sit on the empty chairs.

Yonghwa and Joohyun sat side by side across the elders. The dinner was really quite and uncomfortable. Joohyun couldn’t eat anything. She just stared at her bowl and just ate bit by bit.

“Hey…” Yonghwa whispered as he squeezed her hand.

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa. Her eyes were full of concern.

“Eat a lot. You must take care of yourself…” And also our baby. He thought in his mind.

Joohyun could understand what Yonghwa tried to convey. So she nodded and started to eat. Now, she carried another life inside her. She should think more about this little one.

The dinner finally ended and Joohyun thought that was the longest dinner that she ever had. The next session was the thing that scared her more. It was the time to reveal all the truth. Mrs. Kim guided them to the living room. Jung Hwejangnim followed but still, he didn’t say any of words, even to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa and Joohyun sat across Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim. Yonghwa’s hand held Joohyun’s trembled hand. He really wanted to calm her down.

“Eomma.” Yonghwa started, “There’s something I want to tell you.”

“I guess I’ve already know. I heard some things.” Said Mrs. Kim. “But better if I heard it directly from you.”

“Well…” Yonghwa paused, “I intend to marry Joohyun.”

Mrs. Kim looked so calm. Her intuition after all this time was right anyway. She already felt that these two had something. She realized this when Yonghwa got hospitalized. Joohyun’s concern towards Yonghwa was way too much from a mere secretary to her boss.

“Basically, I won’t offend you.” Said Mrs. Kim.

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

“But I just curious. How…. And when…?”

Yonghwa coughed nervously, “Eomma, don’t judge her bad. It’s me who like her first… and that time, I was still with Bora. But believe me Bora divorce me with her consent, not because of Joohyun.”

“Well…” Mrs. Kim paused. “I can’t say that what you have done was right but…. I won’t forbid you.” She took a glance at the pale Joohyun beside Yonghwa, “Don’t be so tense, Dear.” She said to Joohyun.

“I’m sorry, Samonim…” Said Joohyun.

“I’m glad if Yonghwa can find his happiness in you.” Mrs. Kim smiled.

“Thank you.” Joohyun bowed.

Yonghwa smiled so wide, “So you give us your blessing?”

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded.

“Thank you very much, Samonim.” Said Joohyun.

“You still call me Samonim? It’s Eomma, I think.”

“Ne?!” Joohyun gasped, “Aniyo, Samonim.”

“It’s about time, I think.” Said Mrs. Kim.

Yonghwa was really grateful for his mother but he was really nervous about his grandfather’s silence. Jung Hwejangnim hadn’t say any single word or spared any single stare.

“Harabeoji…” Yonghwa finally called.

Jung Hwejangnim sighed, “I never expect this from you, Kid.”

“I’m sorry.” That was the only thing that he could utter.

“I didn’t raise you to become like this.” He continued.

“I’m sorry.”

Joohyun didn’t dare to say a word. She knew that she was guilty as well.

“You don’t have anything to say?” Jung Hwejanim asked as he looked at Joohyun.

Joohyun gasped in panic, “I… I’m really sorry, Hwejangnim. I… I…” She was trembling and nearly cried.

“As I said before, Harabeoji. It’s not her fault. We come here to come clean and to ask your blessing. But honestly anything that will be happen today, it won’t change my mind to marry her. I will be her husband and also be the father of her child.” Yonghwa confessed.

“What?!” Mrs. Kim gasped.

“Yes, Joohyun is pregnant with my child.” Yonghwa said confidently.

“Oppa…” Joohyun grasped his arm.

Mrs. Kim was conflicted. It will be happy news on a normal day. She was longing for a grandchild from Yonghwa but she didn’t think it would come out this way.

“I’m surprised. I can’t deny it.” Mrs. Kim paused, then she reached Joohyun’s hand and grasped it, “Please take care of my grandchild well.”

Joohyun finally smiled that night, “Yes, of course, Samonim.”

Mrs. Kim smiled. “And I guess it was way too late for you to go home. Pregnant lady should have a lot of rest. Just stay a night here, I’ll ask the maid to clean the guess room.”

“That’s not necessary to clean the guess room.” Suddenly Jung Hwejangnim spoke.

That startled the three people in the room. What was that mean? Did Joohyun unwelcomed in this house? Did Jung Hwejangnim ask her to go away?

“Abeonim?” Mrs. Kim asked in curiosity.

“It will be burdensome to clean the guess room.” Jung Hwejangnim stood from his seat.

“But.. but Joohyun will stay here. She needs the room to rest.”

“She can use Yonghwa’s room. They can share the room.” Jung Hwejangnim then went upstairs, “I’m tired. Good night.”

Jung Hwejangnim’s last words made a different reaction. Mrs. Kim gaped in awe. Yonghwa hide his smile and Joohyun blushed so hard.

“Oh, well…” Mrs. Kim chuckled, “You heard him.”

“Yes, it’s clear. I think I can take care of this.” Said Yonghwa.

“I know.” Mrs. Kim shook her head. “Well, good night, Son.” She looked at Joohyun, “And you too, Joohyun-ah. Have some good rest. I know this is a hard day for you.”

“Yes, thank you, Samonim.” Said Joohyun gratefully.

“Call me, Eomma…”

“Ne, Eo-Eomma…” Joohyun smiled shyly.

Mrs. Kim nodded then said good night.

“So…” Yonghwa pulled her to his embrace, “You’re officially The Jung. Welcome, Babe.”

Joohyun sighed in his embrace, “I’m so glad.”

“Me too.” Said Yonghwa, “So, let me show you my room. You need to sleep too.”

Yonghwa guide them to his bedroom. It was been a long time he never visit his old room. The room where he grew up. The room which witnessed his careless and happy child hood time, naughty and stubborn teenagers time, sad and pain when his dad died and all frustration when his grandfather gave all Jung Corps responsibility onto his shoulder.

He sighed and secretly felt blessed. Oh he never knew his life had a lot of twist and change so much. But his room remain the same, still there, untouched.

“So this is your room… Quite lovely for a man.” Joohyun chuckled, woke Yonghwa from his thought.

“Well it just the decoration. I never concern it much as long as I can sleep.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“Uhuh..” Joohyun walked around by herself. She touched the bed with a high ceiling with a classic curtain.

“But seems you like it so much.” Yonghwa smiled as he sat on the bed.

“Well, yes… I like everything about you.” She grinned.

“Aish, you sweet talker!” Yonghwa pulled Joohyun gently onto his lap.

Joohyun laughed, “Yah! Be carefull!”

“I know. I won’t hurt my child.” Said Yonghwa as he caressed Joohyun’s belly. “So when I can see him?”

Joohyun rolled her eyes, “It’s still about eight months to go! And wait, ‘him’? Are you sure we’ll have a baby boy?”

“Sure! I think you got your first in our last love making, so it will be baby boy.” Yonghwa shrugged.

“Aish!” Joohyun hit Yonghwa’s shoulder hard.

“Auch! What’s that for?”

“For talking dirty!”

“You let me get you pregnant and you hit me because I talked dirty to you? Funny.”

“Oppa!” Joohyun got pissed.

“Hey, calm down, Baby. Why you got so sensitive lately?” Yonghwa caressed Joohyun’s hair and peck her lips gently.

“Maybe because of the baby.” Joohyun pouted.

“Hey baby boy, please don’t control your eomma’s mood. Appa beg you. Okay, Kiddo?” Yonghwa talked to Joohyun’s belly.

Joohyun laughed, “You, Silly!”

“And you love me…”

Joohyun smiled, “And I love you…”

Yonghwa leaned and captured Joohyun’s lips. They kiss slow and passionate. Yonghwa leaned Joohyun’s body carefully on the bed then he laid beside her.

“Now it’s time to sleep.” Yonghwa said.

“Okay. Good night, Oppa.”

“Good night, Love.”

All of the burden seems go away. They had a deep sleep in no time. From now on, it was time to build a new life together.

 

***

 

Joohyun caressed her belly gently. She looked around the house that they recently bought for their new family. It wasn’t big like Jung mansion but that’s enough if Joohyun and Yonghwa wanted to have four children.

They fight a lot about the house. Yonghwa, who really like fancy and luxurious things, insisted to buy a bigger house and of course more expensive. But Joohyun wanted a homey and comfortable house. Something like two storey house with garden on the back of the house. Yonghwa said it was old fashioned but well, he didn’t have any choice but agree on Joohyun’s choice.

So here they are. In their simple homey house but still with a sense of sophisticated design just like what Yonghwa liked. A bit of silver and gold seems not too bad. Joohyun also concern about what her husband-to-be liking.

Husband to be….

Yes, they hadn’t been a legal husband and wife. Yonghwa was busy and the idea of their marriage seems forgotten. Joohyun ‘s belly got bigger each day and she wasn’t in a perfect state to arrange it by herself.

Joohyun sighed. Oh well, it could be perfect with that marriage but live together with a baby who was coming soon was an incredible idea too. So be patient… be patient.

She walked to their bedroom. It was empty. Overall the house is empty, just Joohyun and the baby inside her belly. It’s been a week Yonghwa had a business trip. Joohyun felt alone. Mrs. Kim and Jung Hwejangnim sometimes visited her but that wasn’t enough to fulfill her loneliness. She needed him. She needed Yongwha so badly.

“Oppa…” Her voice cracked and it became a tears streaming down her cheeks. “I miss you.”

She laid on the bed and held her phone. She tried to make video call but Yonghwa didn’t pick it up. She hugged her phone tight and cried her heart out. She didn’t care that her mood could affect the baby. She was sure that her child could understand her longing to Yonghwa. The baby must felt the same way too.

Meanwhile, the phone rang. Joohyun got up and looked at her phone in awe. It’s Yonghwa! She immediately pick it up.

“Baby!” Yonghwa called.

“O-oppa..” She said.

“Are you okay, Love? I felt something unpleasant and I really want to call you. I’m in the middle of meeting and I pretend to go to toilet to call you. How are you? Hey, are you crying?”

Joohyun wiped her tears, “I miss you, Oppa.”

Yonghwa smiled, “I miss you too.. so bad. God, I want to fly to Seoul now.” Yonghwa messed his hair a bit.

“When will you come back?”

“In two days.”

“It’s too long.”

“I know.” Yonghwa paused, “How’s our baby boy?”

“He’s sad too. His appa is away too long.”

“He?” Yonghwa laughed, “So you finally agree that we will have a baby boy?”

“Not agree with you, Silly! I had USG test and the doctor said it’s a boy.”

Yonghwa held his laugh. His eyes were shimmering, “Yes!” He held his shout.

“Happy?”

“Of course!” Said Yonghwa, “So what’s next? A baby girl maybe?”

“Oppa! I haven’t delivered the baby yet! Cham.”

Yonghwa smile, “I love you.”

Joohyun blushed. A thousand butterflies filled her stomach. For God sake they weren’t teenagers anymore, but this cheesy thing made her so high.

“I love you too.” Said Joohyun.

“Okay, I think I leave the meeting too long. See you very soon, Baby.. and that naughty baby boy inside.”

“Yes, we’ll waiting for you, Oppa.”

“I’ll hung up.”

“Okay.”

The phone went off. Joohyun hugged again that phone. Not with sadness but the tears of happiness. She couldn’t wait to welcome Yonghwa in her arm.

 

***

 

“Done!” Joohyun clapped her hands and admiring the so called artwork. She looked at the table full of delicious dinner on the table.

Well, everybody knew what the special event was. Yup, Yonghwa was coming home today.

“Be patient, Son. Appa is coming soon.” Joohyun whispered.

Joohyun pulled the chair and sat on it. She looked at the clock, it was 7 pm. Yonghwa said that he would arrive in Korea at 7 or 8 pm. Well, apparently he was late. Joohyun must waited a little bit longer..

8 pm…

9 pm…

10 pm…

11 pm…

12 am…

“Oppa…” Joohyun sobbed and tears fell on her cheek. “Baby, Appa doesn’t love us anymore. He won’t come home.” She sobbed really hard. “He won’t eat this…”

Joohyun shoved all the dishes to sink. Every single one. She banged the plate until it crashed into pieces. She cried and cried so hard. She felt sad. She felt tired. Someone whom excitedly she was waiting for didn’t appear at all.

She decided to sleep. She just didn’t want to see him anymore. Joohyun walked slowly to the bedroom and slumped herself on the bed. She caressed her belly gently.

“Appa is really cruel, right? She said.

But the baby didn’t move inside her belly. As if he tried to tell Joohyun that what she thought was totally wrong.

“Wae? You don’t agree with me?” Joohyun asked. “Fine! You already become his ally even before you come to the world.” She caressed her belly again.

The baby moved on her tummy.

“Eh? You said yes?” Joohyun talked to her baby. “You surely love your Appa more.”

The baby moved again.

Joohyun sighed, “Fine little one. I love him too, you know?”

With that, she fell asleep. This day felt so tiring for her.

 

****

 

Yonghwa almost crazy. His flight was delayed and his phone battery was ran out. It was something about the bad weather so the plane couldn’t landing on time. After the plane landing succesfully he stormed out like a mad man. He tresspassad the taxi queues, got scolded by all the people but hell he didn’t care anymore. He looked at his watch and it said 12 am.

“ off!” He hissed.

He couldn’t think anymore. He just wanted to be home. Joohyun must be waited for him.

When finally he got home, he pressed the bell a hundred times but no one show up. She hurriedly looking for his key and entered his house. He didn’t expect Joohyun would running to him. He didn’t expect that Joohyun would welcome him with smile, kiss and hug. He knew that he was at fault for letting her waited for so long. He expected her mad at him, hit him or slap him. But, he only found darkness and no one who welcome him.

“Joohyun?” He called.

Silence.

He walked to the living room and then dining room. He turned on the light and gasped at the messy kitchen. All the plate and glass broke in the sink and the untouched food was scattered.

“Damn it. Joohyun must be prepared all of this. God, i made her sad.”

Yonghwa walked to their bedroom. There, he found Joohyun sleep on the bed. Her hair was messy and a trace of tears was still visible on her cheek.

Yonghwa laid slowly beside her. He gently cuddle her body and kissed her hair.

“Baby, I’m really sorry.” He whispered.

“Oppa?” Joohyun instantly woke up. She stirred and hugged Yonghwa immediately. She begun to cry so hard. “Oppa, where have you been?! I’m waiting for you... we’re waiting for you... but why?? Oppaaaa.....”

“Shh... Baby, please don’t cry? The weather is bad so my flight is delayed. I’m sorry, I didn’t call you. My phone battery run out.” Yonghwa explained.

“I’m so sad.” Said Joohyun.

“I know. Please, forgive me.” Yonghwa Joohyun’s hair.

Joohyun looked up to Yonghwa with her swollen eyes.

Yonghwa smiled and wiped her tears, “I love you, Joohyun-ah.” Yonghwa leaned down and kissed Joohyun’s lips. It was slow and passionate. Yonghwa her tongue and it lightly.

Joohyun escaped a moan and kissed him back. She ate his lips and her hands running from his hair down to his back, touching every inch of Yonghwa’s body.

Maybe because of the separation, they both on fire. Love and lust collided together. Yonghwa slowly Joohyun’s pajama and unhooked her bra. Her were swollen because of pregnancy. It made more ier in Yonghwa’s eyes.

He kissed both of her s gently, then started lapping one of her . He just wanted to spoil her.

Joohyun moan in delight and just surrender. She lost her mind when she felt Yonghwa’s hand carressing her core.

“Oppa....ahhh...”

“Is it feels good, Baby?”

“Yess...” Joohyun was in ecstasy when she finally realize something, “You won’t do that right, Oppa?”

“Huh?” Yonghwa looked up in the middle of his feast on Joohyun’s . “Of course, I am. Why not? I’ll make love to you on and on...”

“Oppa, but our baby....” Joohyun started to feel anxious.

“Hmm...” Yonghwa stopped his ministration and laid beside her, “I read somewhere that having during pregnancy is a good thing, moreover if you almost reach the ninth months.”

“But i’m not sure....” Joohyun bit her lips.

“Hmm... Gosh, i want to you so bad, Joohyun-ah...”

“Eww... what’s with obsence word?” Joohyun hit Yonghwa’s chest lightly.

Yonghwa chuckled and leaned to Joohyun’s ear, “I want to you, Baby. Make you moan in ecstasy...” Yonghwa her earlobe. “Massage your full bossom and on your . Hmm...”

“Oppa!” Joohyun tried to think clear.

“Wae? Don’t you feel ?” Yonghwa wriggle his eyebrow.

“Cham!”

“Believe me, Baby! It will be okay. Please?”

Joohyun bit her lips. She was worried about the baby but actually she missed him like a lot! She wanted to make love with Yonghwa too after the long time!

“Are you bitting your lips to seduce me?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Aish! No!” Joohyun whined.

“Okay, okay..” Yonghwa laughed. “I won’t if you don’t want to.”

“Actually..... I want to.” Said Joohyun.

Yonghwa’s face lit up, “Really?”

Joohyun nodded. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Baby... More than you miss me!” Yonghwa kissed Joohyun once again. “I’ll promise i’ll be gentle.”

Joohyun smiled and welcomed Yonghwa in her embrace.

 

***

 

“You know i mad at you for coming home late.” Said Joohyun.

“I know, that’s why i seduce you to have with me.” Said Yonghwa.

“Eww! You and your dirty plan.”

“Don’t be mad. You enjoy yourself too.” Yonghwa grinned.

“Cham!” Joohyun huffed.

“Come on, eat this again. Angg!” Yonghwa fed Joohyun their late dinner or maybe early breakfast.

Yonghwa cooked omellet rice for Joohyun. He let her sat on his lap and fed her gently.

“It’s delicious.” Joohyun smiled and leaned on his chest.

“I’m glad. I’m bad at cooking.”

“It’s not too bad. It’s more than i expected. How can you do that?”

“The power of love maybe?” Yonghwa wriggled his brows.

“Aigoo!”

“Joohyun-ah...” Yonghwa called.

“Hmm?”

“Since i’ve already home... I guess, i want to register our marriage first. Maybe we can’t have a wedding reception until the baby is born but at least we’ll married first. How’s with it?”

Joohyun looked blankly at Yonghwa.

“Why? You don’t agree?”

“No... I just... surprised.” Said Joohyun speechless.

“Or you want to have wedding reception soon?”

“No.” Joohyun shook her head, “I think it will be weird if i wear wedding gown with this big tummy.” She chuckled.

“It’s decided then! Should we get married today?” Asked Yonghwa.

“What??”

“I can’t wait any longer!”

Joohyun massaged her temple, “Isn’t too soon? We should prepare it well, Oppa.”

“As you wish, Madame. So let’s finish our dinner, get some sleep and prepare everything.”

“Okay.” Joohyun smiled.

Yonghwa looked at Joohyun then hug her lovingly, “I can’t believe this will happen. Finally you will be my wife, Joohyun-ah.”

 

***

 

Joohyun insisted Yonghwa to held their wedding privately unlike Yonghwa’s initial plan. Yonghwa really wanted a grand wedding and invited all of his relatives, but Joohyun declined it.

“Are you out of mind, Jung Yonghwa?” Joohyun shook her head in frustration, “This is not your first wedding and you married someone who is not in your circle plus, if you forget about this, i’m pregnant.”

“You know i’m happy that i finally marry you.” Said Yonghwa, “Isn’t normal thing that i want to share my happiness to other people?”

“In any normal day yes, but look at us!”

“What about us?”

Joohyun massagged her temple. This couldn’t be solved easily, “Yong Oppa, please?”

“Why are you so stubborn anyway?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Should i tell you why?” Joohyun took a deep breath, “I’m affraid about other people judgment. I’m your second wife and i already pregnant and almost give a birth. People will talk bad about us and i can’t handle it....”

Yonghwa sighed. Actually he didn’t give a damn about what people say, but he couldn’t careless about Joohyun’s feeling.

“I’m sorry, Baby.” Said Yonghwa, “As you wish. Anything for my princess...”

 

***

Joohyun and Yonghwa finally register their marriage. They were now a legal husband and wife by law. It didn’t take a long time to take care of the document since Yonghwa insisted and gave a high amount of compensation to the legal office. Of course Joohyun wasn’t agree with the idea, but well it was Yonghwa after all. Yonghwa couldn’t accept a No for this matter.

“Come on, Baby! This is our marriage date. You can’t be angry because i gave the officer more money.” Said Yonghwa.

“But still, Oppa. That is innapropriate!”

“I can’t wait any longer, Joohyun. Besides, you will give a birth in a matter of seconds and we will have another big thing to take care of.”

Joohyun sighed. Yonghwa was right. “Fine.”

“That’s my girl.” Yonghwa patted Joohyun’s hair. He brushed every strands of her hair and then went down incidentally brushed her .

“Oppa!” Joohyun whined.

Yonghwa chuckled. “I always think that my son will be my forever rival.”

“Ah, wae?” Joohyun asked.

“He will on your more often than me.”

“Oppa! You talk nonsense.” Joohyun shook her head.

“It’s true!”

Joohyun blushed, “Well, you can do it while our son is sleeping.”

Yonghwa laughed, “You still want me to do it, right.”

Joohyun bit her lips, trying to hold a Yes from her lips.

“You don’t have to answer that, Baby. Let’s go home now and let me be your baby for the rest of the day.”

 

***

Joohyun woke up and found no one beside her. It was weird. Usually Yonghwa still laid on the bed, watching her sleep, playing with her hair or even playing with her . But no, Yonghwa was nowhere to be seen.

“Oppa?” Joohyun called but no answer. Suddenly her tears feel down. She felt so sad but she didn’t know why, “Oppa!!” She called in frustration with a heavy cry.

Yonghwa ran in panic. He literally ran with no pants. Apparently he was peeing when Joohyun called him.

“Joohyun-ah?” Yonghwa scoop Joohyun in his arm, “Baby, wae? What happen?”

“I-I thought you leave me…” She sniffed. “You’re not here.”

“Oh Baby, I’m sorry.” Yonghwa hugged Joohyun, “I’m in toilet just now and… wait.” Yonghwa took a glance on his lower body, “I think I forgot my pants…”

Joohyun looked down too and suddenly she burst in laugh. “Omona, Oppa!”

“Yah! Now you happily laugh at me?”

“It’s too funny! Oh hello, there…” Joohyun patted .

“Don’t… or else…” Said Yonghwa. Yes, he became hard in instant.

“Wait.. Oppa…”

“What? Just stay here.. I’ll take your clothes off.”

“No, Oppa!”

“Joohyun-ah… I’m so hard right now… Please let me do this…” He pleaded.

“No, Oppa… I think… I think my water broke. Argh…” Joohyun held her tummy and scrunch in pain.

“Your… what?” Yonghwa.

“I think the baby…”

“What?!” Yonghwa instantly panic. He was running around to search his car key.

“Oppa! Don’t forget to wear your pants! Or else the nurse will ogle at your big d*ck.” Maybe Joohyun was too much in pain, so she talked nonsense.

“What?!” Yonghwa snatch his pants and wear it. He couldn’t response at his wife crazy thought at that critical, urgent moment

“Joohyun’ah, come on…” Yonghwa help Joohyun to walk. It was a long journey to reach the front door but miraculously they could make it.

Yonghwa asked Joohyun to wait for a bit as he running to take his car. In a matter of second they already sped up to the hospital

 

***

Yonghwa never thought that delivering baby would be this horrifying. He looked at Joohyun who writhed in pain. Her face was pale and her body was all sweating. He felt so helpless. The only thing he could do was holding her hand and kissing her temple.

“Joohyun-ah, what can I do for you?” He asked desperately.

Joohyun just shook her head.

Saw her in this situation really broke his heart. It was his fault. He made her pregnant. Well, making the baby was so much fun, but he never thought that the result could be like this.

“Joohyun-ah, I’m sorry….” Yonghwa was nearly cried.

“Oppa, no….” Said Joohyun breathlessly, “Don’t say sorry… because you give something very precious to me… this baby… our baby… our son.”

Their son. Just heard that, made Yonghwa’s heart warm. Yes, this was their child which was made by their love.

“Argh!” Joohyun scream in pain.

“Joohyun-ah!”

Yonghwa called the nurse and the nurse said that Joohyun was ready to deliver the baby. Joohyun was moved to operation room as Yonghwa followed behind.

Doctor and nurses were all ready. Yonghwa stayed beside Joohyun and held her hand. He was afraid, he could be fainted as he saw so much blood and how he saw Joohyun screamed in pain. Yet, he still held Joohyun’s hand, whispering encouragement to his beloved wife.

With one last big breath, a tiny cry was heard all around the operation room. That was the most incredible thing in his life. He was literally crying. He kissed Joohyun all over her face.

“Thank you…” He whispered, “Thank you for bringing our son into this world.”

“Oppa…” Joohyun sobbed.

Yonghwa kissed her lips, “I love you.”

 

***

 

Joohyun looked at Yonghwa who was cradling their son. He was smiling to the tiny creature in his arm. Joohyun couldn’t help but feel so blessed, having a cute adorable son and also a great husband. What else she was searching for? Her life was already complete.

Joohyun walked closer to two men of her life. She hugged Yonghwa from behind as she looked at the sleeping baby.

“He looks so peaceful.” She said.

“Of course. He is safe in his appa’s arm.” Said Yonghwa, “Right, Yongjoon-ah? You like Appa more than Omma, Ne?”

“Aish!”

Yonghwa chuckled, “Look at him.” His gaze was so soft. “I can’t believe he is here, in my arm. Our son, Jung Yongjoon.”

“It’s real, so try to believe it.” Joohyun chuckled.

“Jashik.” Yonghwa turned to Joohyun and kissed her lips. “Thank you for giving me this cute boy.”

“Your cute boy and also… your rival? I remember you said about that.”

“Well, I will consolidate with him and make a team not a rival.” Said Yonghwa, “I also remember that you said that I can have you while he sleeping.” Yonghwa winked at Joohyun.

Joohyun just shook her head.

“While Yongjoon is sleeping, we make his little sister or brother.” Yonghwa grinned.

Joohyun raised her brows, “Yongjoon has just born and you already ask for another?”

“Why not? It must be fun. Besides, you’ve already agreed to give me four children.”

“Well… yes…” Joohyun kissed Yongjoon. “Let’s have a lot of children.” She smiled at Yonghwa.

Life wasn’t all about fairy tale. It was not always start with a beautiful story. Joohyun was one of the living proof. Maybe the way she met with Yonghwa wasn’t right. It was a mistake, yet it was a sweet mistake. The sweetest one. People made mistake, made a wrong choice and also made a lot of chaos in his or her life, but it didn’t mean that they were bad.

The future was uncertain. It was scary that you didn’t know what would happen. It was scary that you thought you would pay what you have done in your past life.

But above all of that, everyone deserves a happy ending.

 

END.

 


 

Hi, this is Meluvyuya. I hope you still remember me and this story. First, I would like to say sorry for (almost) abandon this fanfic for almost two years (or more?). Please… please forgive me. Well, I’m quite relieved now that I already fulfill my promise to publish the last chapter of “Sweet Mistake”.

It’s been a long time I never write any fanfic. I’m afraid I lost my touch, I hope this chapter doesn’t disappoint you. Please forgive me (again). My writing skill is kind of rusty… *sobs*

For all of you who send me comments and messages and who keep waiting for this story, thank you very much! I did read it but I’m sorry I didn’t reply it. I just don’t want to give false hope, because I don’t know either when I can update… huhuhu.

Well, that was all from me. See you when I see you :)

Meluvyuya.