The Goodbye

Evergreen Clubs

Howon sighed as he stood over his balcony’s railing, eyes swiping over the entirety of Diamonds’ beautiful beaches as he burned it into his retinas. This would be the last time he’ll see the whole Kingdom that had been his home for the past couple of years, knowing full well the next time he’ll be here (if ever) would be for some form of business between (what is now his) Clubs and Diamonds.

A knock broke through his musings as he turned back to his Jack standing beside the open door.

“Everything is now ready, your Majesty.” He nodded, eyes swiping back for a last minute look at the scene beyond his balcony before turning his back completely and slowly closed the room’s door.

“Can we drop by the castle for a bit? I’d like to formally say goodbye to my brother before we leave.” To his immense surprise and curiosity, a pained expression swept over his Jack’s face before he hesitantly nodded, hurrying over the couch man to inform him of the slight change of plans.

He reminded himself to ask his Jack later about it – not now; he still has to talk to his landlord for the last time.


Seems like it’ll be unnecessary, because the moment they both stepped into Diamond’s throne room, Youngjae released a high pitched scream as he was tackled by Diamond’s Jack. He could only stand there in shock as both King and Queen of Diamonds laughed hysterically beside him.

“The hell?” He asked his brother, feeling like he was in the middle of some inside joke. The only answer he got was a shower of spit as Woohyun laughed even more in his face – which in turn made Sunggyu laugh louder by his disgusted and appalled reaction.

His attention was brought back to the two Jacks as Youngjae finally managed to pry the koala clinging to his form and run to hide on his back, whole form shivering as he eyes glared at the his fellow Jack who kept on winking and ersely leer at him.

Howon could only sigh and shook his head.

“So what brings you here?” Woohyun asked as he finally calmed down, although small chuckles still escaped here and there. The Club’s King shrugged at him before moving a few steps away – away from the still leering Jack hell bent on reaching at the scared Jack grasping on his back.

“I wanted to say goodbye to you for the last time.” the smile on the Queen’s face softened at that.

“You didn’t have to, you know?” The King interjected, possessive hands forever settled at the Queen’s waist. Howon never understood it really, why Sunggyu was so wary of him when it concerned Woohyun. They were brothers, not by blood though but they were brought up thinking like that so it didn’t really matter. Must be a pirate thing. “Not like this’ll be the last time you are seeing each other – we are coming to your coronation and, not to mention, there’ll be some more meetings afterward.”

He awkwardly nodded at that while trying (and failing) in hiding his laugh as his fellow King now doubled over in pain when an annoyed Woohyun elbowed him hard.

“Okay, okay!” Youngjae exclaimed, impatiently tugging at his collar. “Now that you have said your tearful goodbyes can we go now?” His Jack didn’t even wait for him to finish his nod and, with a relieved sigh, proceeded on dragging him out of the glittering orange castle.

He only managed to give the Diamonds’ monarchs a wave in goodbye before he was thrown into the carriage and bolted out of the castle and ultimately out of the Kingdom of Diamonds.


A/N: It’s good to be back writing TT.TT