Son plus grand regret [ F i n a l e ]

Regret

Kris laughed as Tao looked in awe around his office, his eyes shone. He put his backpack at the floor and threw himself at the white sofa.

"Whoaaa~ it's so comfy!" Tao exclaimed like a child making Kris smile. The room was neatly decorated, crimson red curtains and dark wooden furniture. In the center, two white sofas and a coffee table, besides the two men, there were only two of the most trustworthy of Kris' employees.

They didn't know in which moment they became so close, but that didn't matter. All they wanted was spend time together.

Why? You ask me.

Because. I answer you.

Both knew what they felt towards each was way more a simple friendship. But did they have courage to admit it? None, until now.

"Hyung?" Tao called the older who was strictly focused on his work. He was sitting on the corner of his desk.

"Yeah?" Kris kept focused on his papers.

"Hyung, I like you." Tao said quickly, his palm sweating like crazy, his heart wasn't so different. He gulped down as Kris opened his mouth.

"I like you too, Tao." These words left Kris' mouth without care while he raised his left hand to ruffle the younger's hair, his legs stopped, but the Kris didn't look back at Tao, instead he kept his ing eyes at the papers.

"No, hyung!" Tao raised his voice frustrated, but regretted it the next moment when he finally got Kris' attenttion, his fierce eyes focused on his face. The younger sighed heavily and kept his sentence. "Not in this way... in other way." He said uncomfortable.

"What way? Tao, are you drunk? Come here, let me smell your breath." Kris approached Tao, making both hearts skip a beat anxiously for the so awaited skin ship.

"NO!" Tao yelled, pushing his hyung, capturing everyone's attention. Truthfully, Kris knew how Tao felt, he was just afraid of ruining his perfect image of the Wu Corp's CEO, he couldn't imagine the press reaction to know that he was dating a boy, and a boy who is 12 years younger, who could be his little brother.

"Zitao, I'm afraid you're bothering Mr. Wu" The secretary said with a devilish smirk, she admitted she hated Tao since the moment he stepped into the enterprise. Tao looked at Kris, waiting for his order to prevent his from leaving, he didn't dare to look at his eyes. Zitao stormed out of the office, with teary  eyes. 

"No need to do that, honey." Kris said to his fiancé, the secretary.

"Yeah, I know, but that boy is annoying." She rolled her eyes, while sitting at Kris' lap and initiating a long naughty kiss. In this moment, Tao entered the room, he had forgotten his backpack thrown somewhere, how silly of him.  He stepped inside and saw the worst image he could ever imagine. Kris smiling while kissing that girl, his lips pecked hers with a cute smile as soon as they parted the kiss. He tried to hold back the tears but it was impossible.

His breath got heavier, Kris turned his head to see what made such a sound. Tao cried, motionless, with his backpack on his hands. Tao ran again, this time he wouldn't come back, never again.

"Go after him and we're over." The secretary said, Kris gulped.

"You know it will be worse for you." Kris said sharply.

"But just imagine, the poor girl was cheated on by her boyfriend, the CEO, who was found in bed with a boy. No one will believe in such a traitor." Kris gulped once again and sat back on his chair, praying for Tao to be ok.

Tao cried like crazy, he sobbed like an abandoned child, he pedaled on his bike, trying to divert the lamp posts because of his blurry vision and the rain falling heavily on his shoulders.

 

--❅--

 

Kris didn't see Tao for months, he hoped for the boy to be kay, to be fine. To be... with someone else, like he did. He had to move on, anyway, Tao was just a kid.

"Mr. Wu?" An intern from the corporation called him.

"Yes?"

"I believe this will be of your interest." She threw a newspaper at the coffee table. Kris furrowed his eyebrows. 

"What is this?" He asked annoyed, after all he was marrying in 3 hours, he couldn't waste time. 

"Page 18" She said letting out a sigh, Kris stopped with his tie, sitting in the couch beside the mirror and flipping the pages until the page 18. He furrowed his

eyebrows when he read the headline. His eyes captured the words "Huang Zitao"

"17 year old boy commits suicide by throwing himself in front of moving train."

He froze, sitting in the couch while gripping tightly the paper. "Tao was my best friend." She said bitterly. "Only God...Know how much I loved that man." The girl wiped a tear. "But when he said he was in love with Kris Wu... My life was over... But as a friend I had to support him... Now..." She said in a shaky voice. "If you excuse me." She got up and left, not before leaving a small envelope at the table.

The years passed quicklly, Kris already had children, despite never really loving that woman, his first-born was going to take his place at the corporation and after a divorce, he could be totally free to do whatever he wanted to. While organizing his things, he found a small envelope. He furrowed his eyebrows and opened the envelope with the writing "resignation".
Inside, there was a resignation letter, but something fell from te envelope, a letter slightly mashed and yellowish battered by time.

"I couldn't stand this. I just think that if I hadn't skipped classes that day,if I didn't went to the bar that day and met Kris, I would be by your side now, I'm sorry, Hyo. You were by side since the start, Minseok told me about your feelings, I really wanted love you back, but I'm useless.
You always said I would be the heartbreaker, but it seems it is not like that, right?
About your feelings, your don't deserve someone like, who left you, Hyo-yah. Can Oppa tell you a secret? Minseok always liked you, he's a good person, marry him and give me cute nieces and nephews, okay?

I love you~
Your beloved Oppa."

Kris furrowed his eyebrows, after all this letter was directed to a girl. What was this doing at his stuff. So he saw another paper and opened it curiously.

"That letter was found at the place where Tao killed himself, there was blood everywhere! And that's all you fault! I had to take it from there, if someone found it, it would be bad to your image, right? Learn to valorize the things you have and maybe you will be happier."

So everything came back to his memory, the blue-haired boy he met at the bar, the boy who taught him how to love, but it was too late, too late to teach this old man to valorize the things he have.


And that became Kris' biggest regret.